secret room

In love there are no impossibilities~

If you read my other story, Challenges in Love

You might have seen this...

Guys I would be going on a holiday on the 28th and only be back on the 31st...

Just a short trip to Meleka in Malaysia~

I would be bringing my laptop there but I doubt there is internet in the hotel...

I promise to write as much as I can when I'm there even if I can't update :D

In case I can't, have a good year end guys...

Happy Advance New Year!!!

On top of that I want to thank you guys for your comments :D

My replies to you guys was more than 2000 words long apparently (guess they mean letters but words is what they say and refusing to let me reply all in one comment) and therefore I had to split my replies to two comments ^^

And for my other fic readers, well they would know of my nickname by now...

I was being called by my commentor for being the Queen of Cliffhangers (QOC)

Well not sure if this is a cliffhanger...maybe after you guys read the teaser you guys might think I am?

Since I might not be able to update soon and I really want to tease you guys...

Read the story and teaser is at the bottom :D

Don't hate me too much ^^

p/s: I never knew Seungri would be so popular in this fic :D I mean I can see you guys really appreciate his role in here ^^ it was almost like he is the lead in the story :D But none the less his presence is an important key to open the locked box of everything that you guys would find out soon :D and also he wouldn't disappear in Chaerin's life I promise :D he is just saying that to make Chaerin not wanting to get rid of him :D


“Mama~” I greeted him as I report for another day of work with him.

“Oh Rinnie you are here?” He said giving me the brightest smile that he has. The only time where I saw such a smile is the first time he saw me when I was introduced by the King to them.

“Neh mama~ Is there anything I can help you with today?” I ask.

“Well could you get me some breakfast? Anything would do.”

“Neh mama~”

“Oh and Youngbae is coming over soon so could you get him breakfast too?”

“Certainly mama~” I said before excusing myself to get breakfast from the kitchen.

Gosh did he forget what happened last night? He wasn’t drunk or even on medication either. That kiss, did he see it as a goodnight kiss? I mean that’s what the westerns do right? They kiss one another when they see each other, they kiss when they have to leave and not to forget goodnight kiss. Yeah Lee Chaerin that is right.  It must be just a manners thing that he was so used to when he was overseas. How and in what way can that kiss mean?

“Hey Lee gungnyeo~” Chef Kim greeted me and I immediately return him a bow.

“Chaerin ah is something wrong?” Yoon Ji unnie asked.

“Neh?”

“You look distracted.” Yoon Ji unnie pointed out

“Ah it’s nothing~”

“Really? Cause it definitely didn’t seem that way. Did something happen yesterday? I heard you went out of the palace with Jiyong mama and Dara mama.”

“Lee gungnyeo you went out of the palace?!!” Chef Gong asked.

“Neh. Mama’s orders. Unnie I’m really fine~ The mamas were really good to me.” I said giving her a smile.

“If that’s what you say. So you’re here for?” Yoon Ji unnie reminded me.

“Ah neh~ Jiyong mama wants breakfast. Youngbae mama would be coming so breakfast for him as well.”

“We’ll get to it right away and send it to the quarters.” Chef Kim said.

“Thank you~ I should get back to the quarters now.” I said bowing to them before excusing myself.

“Chaerin is that you?” I heard a voice making me spin on my heel and notice that it was Youngbae mama standing in front of me.

“Youngbae mama~” I greeted with a belly button bow.

“Wow you look really different being in a hanbok although I think you look prettier like that.” Youngbae mama said.

“Thank you for the compliment Youngbae mama.”

“Anyway is Jiyong awake?”

“Jiyong mama is anticipating Youngbae mama in his quarters.”

“Good. So you’re now Jiyong’s maid?” Youngbae mama said as he head to Jiyong mama’s quarters while I follow him behind.

“Yes mama~”

“Seunghyun hyung and Bom noona are seriously overboard.” He commented making me stop in my tracks. “Hey I’m sorry if I said something wrong.” He said turning back as soon as he notice I stopped.

“Mama how did you come to know of this?”

“Pardon Dara. She’s someone who loves to share…regardless if it is a good or bad news.”

“Mama I’m fine. Jiyong mama is waiting for you.” I said as I gesture for him to continue heading to Jiyong mama’s quarters.

I followed Youngbae mama and soon we were at the quarters. The two mamas did their unique greetings before settling at the living room to have their talk. As for me, I excused myself to do some cleaning at Jiyong mama’s quarters and as soon as I finish, breakfast was here. I got the breakfast cart and got to the dining table setting it up. When breakfast was set, I place the cart at the side and make sure that the table was set properly before heading to where the mamas are.

“Mama breakfast is ready.” I said bowing to them before they both got up and head for the dining table. “Mama would you like coffee or tea to go with your meal?” I asked.

“We’ll have two coffees.” Jiyong mama said and once again I excused myself to Jiyong mama’s kitchen and made them coffees.

I never knew what coffee was or if such things existed in the world. It was only when I came into the palace coming in contact with the mamas did I then know what coffee is. Coffee and tea is something that the mamas really like to have especially in the morning or during tea time and hence as mama’s personal maid, I had to learn how to brew both of them with modern equipment. It may seem easy to do but what’s difficult is to get the perfect taste along with after taste, colour as well as the aroma of the drink, which I must say that I have done a good job in this. Even Jejo sanggung and Secretary Yang was shocked that I could produce quality coffee during my first try. It was almost I had this skill in my blood.

“Yah breakfast looks good today. Jiyong ah you’re so lucky to have Chaerin serve you. Just the coffee she brews is more than enough to make you stay here the whole day doing nothing but sipping into coffee.” Youngbae mama said.

“Thank you for the compliment mama.” I said bowing to him, looking up to see Jiyong mama giving me a proud smile.

Throughout the breakfast, I was just standing near the table as usual until the time when both mamas complete their meal. When they were done, I cleared the plates along with the dirty napkins and linen together in the cart. Getting the coffee cup and saucer, I head into Jiyong mama’s kitchen and wash them up before returning to its original place. I then head out and push the cart towards the cleaning area where there would be people who are in charge of cleaning all the dishes and linens. When I get back dropping off those linens off at the cleaning area, I head back to Jiyong mama’s quarters to be notified that the both of them would like to take a trip to the villa.

“Rinnie~” I was actually doing some cleaning around here and there when Jiyong mama called me.

“Neh mama?” I ask.

“Could you come here for a moment?” He asks and following his voice, I found Jiyong mama as he extended his hand to me.

“Mama…”

“Let me show you something.” He said stretching his hand closer to me and when I didn’t catch his hint, he grabs my arm and pulled me somewhere. Somewhere that I never knew existed. It might have been my third time here at the villa but never had I notice this place.

“Mama where are we going?” I ask when he lead me to the end of the hallway and made me stand there.

“A place that I treasure the most.” He said with a smile as he open the door with his fingerprint.

“Mama this place…”

“I bet you have no idea of this place. Actually no one in the palace knows of this place other than the king, Secretary Yang as well as our group. That is why you might not have been notified. Besides I bet hyung did told you this place was out of bound.”

“Neh mama~”

“Here.” He said signalling for me to head inside and once I step in, I notice it was a lounge with stone walls and fireplace with white long sofa.

“Mama pardon me but why is this place so special?” I ask and with a smile, he intertwines his fingers with mine.

“Well from here you can’t see anything.” He said as he got me to the other side. Previously I was behind the bar counter and it looked like a normal lounge but when Jiyong mama made me to face the fireplace standing between the sofas, it was only then did I realise the mystery behind this place.

“There is a stairs?”

“Hmmm. And what makes it so special is where the stair is leading to.” He said as he intertwines my hand with his as he leads me down the stairs. “Oh yes just for our info. You see that painting up there? That’s done by Daesung.” Jiyong mama said, reminding me that Daesung mama took up art as his minor.

 

“It’s beautiful mama~” I complimented.

“Dae got really nice art skills. I don’t know if saying this is the right thing but all of the rest of us were saying that he got this from us. I’ve told you that we haven’t been giving him as much attention as Dara or even Bom noona right? Since then he turn to art and started using it to express his feelings. Through this, his parents and us realise his talent and we told him no matter what he have to pursue art although he loves singing much more in the past. As for now, I guess singing is still important to him and as art became his life, I guess both of it is on his top list. This piece won first place in a prestigious art competition but we kind of got it back and hang it here since all of us loved it.”

“I don’t see why this art piece shouldn’t be loved mama~”

“Exactly! Now if you follow me~” He said and we got down till the end of the stairs to be greeted by another bar counter.

“Mama why another bar counter when there is another one upstairs?” Gosh my curiosity is unleashing again.

“Well that’s because I always spend my time here. Well not only me but the others. You’ll understand as we go future.” He said and as we walk further down the long stretch of hallway decorated with Daesung mama’s art pieces, we came to the end of the hallway and on our both sides as well as front there were doors.

“So I presume mamas always spend your time here?” I ask and he nodded.

“Which one do you want to start from first? Left Right or middle?”

“I don’t know mama.” I said. To be honest I couldn’t think anymore and aish whatever left right or middle. What’s important now is that Jiyong mama has been holding my hand ever since we came down and never once let go. Our fingers intertwining with one another’s as I felt the warm of his hands that was bigger than mine almost by half. I hope I’m not sweating.

“Hmmm let’s start from the left then!” Jiyong mama said and upon entering, I realise it was a huge room with mirrors on one side of the wall.

“Mama what room is this?”

“This is a dance room. Remember when I told you that Dara minors in ballet while Youngbae minors in dance?”

“Neh mama~”

“Well yeah this room was built for them. Sometimes when I get caught up with doing what I love to do and I fail to entertain them, at least they have something to do. Besides not only they who are using the room but all of us use it too. Dancing, music, singing, art, it’s what all of us have in common. Every single one of us had a passion for each and if we were all commoners, I guess we would all want to major in art and music related subjects but we can’t. Besides with our majors being really heavy, and we could only focus on one for minors, all of us choose something that we love the most. Each of us learning from school and when we are free, we exchange pointers. For example I would teach Youngbae how to create music while he teaches me new dance moves. Each of us are living part of the dreams we have as a whole and we can share with one another and well basically do everything.”

“That sounds like a good way to work things out mama. In this case not only can you all do what is needed but also learn what you all have always wanted to do. Something that could make you all feel happy when you do it.”

“Neh you’re right. Alright next room~ to the right!” He said and this time it was another empty room with nothing but a grand piano in the middle.

“What is this thing mama?”

“It’s a piano. It’s an instrument we use to produce music. I’ll show it to you next time huh? Anyway just a brief introduction, this room is mostly used by Youngbae. He loves this room a lot. Although sometimes all of us would use too but mostly Youngbae would be here if we can’t find him. And now finally somewhere I call heaven!” He said and leads me to the other door in the room.

“Mama I notice the dance room also has two doors similar to this. Why is that so?” I asked.

“Well this extra door leads to the middle room and most importantly the best place ever. This is the place I love. The place where I could spend days in without getting tired.” He said as he open the door and I saw Youngbae mama sitting at the couch with his back facing the main door or basically the middle door if you came in from the hallway.

(imagine there is a door meters behind the couch :D)

“Hey Chaerin. Welcome to the recording room.” Youngbae mama said.

“Recording room?” I ask look at the both of them.

“The place where I make my music. Sit down and I will show you some of my works.” Jiyong mama said as he made me sit beside Youngbae mama before he got in front of his station and played all sorts of music that sounds really…okay it’s weird to me cause never in my life has I heard it before but it was pleasing to the ear at the same time.

Hours have passed and all we did was to listen to music and more music. Jiyong mama was working on something new with Youngbae mama while I just sat there looking at them work. It was something that I’ve never seen from the two mamas especially Jiyong mama. When it comes to music, he was so serious and that totally was a conflict against his bubbly image outside. His gaze immediately turned to what Seunghyun mama carries every day. Maybe that is why the both of them are brothers.

“Hey Ji I’ve got to go.” Youngbae mama said as he pat Jiyong mama on the shoulders.

“Really? Aish what a waste.”

“Don’t worry. I just have something going on today. Call me anytime and I will be here before you know it. Oh and maybe when the grounded rule is lifted for hyung and noona, we can all come by here again.”

“Definitely~”

“Well do you mind if Chaerin walks me out?” Youngbae mama ask making Jiyong mama look at me.

“Sure. Chaerin send Youngbae out and maybe breathe some fresh air. You aren’t used to such enclosed areas. Get me a drink on your way back.”

“Neh mama. I would be back soon.” I said to Jiyong mama.

“Shall we go?” Youngbae mama asks and I nodded as we walked back up.


Why did Youngbae requested for Chaerin to send him out when obviously he have been walking around this place so much more and longer than Chaerin did? Kekeke that's all the teaser I could leave you guys with :D

Comments is always loved <3

See you guys real soon ^^