Night market~

In love there are no impossibilities~

First thing first,

Guy's I'm really sorry this chapter was actually supposed to be up yesterday at this time...

But my laptop hanged and words died on me...

When I recovered it, I only had the first 500 words ><

So I had to retype again...this time ensuring that every time I can, I would save it...

Sorry if I took so long...

Besides, this ended a little different then what I was supposed to upload...

Originally this chapter already has Ji's story but I elaborated more and...

Ji's little story is in the next chapter :D

First is coming in maybe 2 or 3 chapters time and then the major a chapter later or so ^^

I can't wait for you guy's reaction when you read it :D

Anyway school started yesterday for me so it might be a little difficult for me to update everday...

I promise I wouldn't abandon this story...besides weekends are coming!!!

Will try to update as much as I can, as fast as I can ^^

You guys would prefer me to update everytime I'm done with one chapter rather than writing as much as I can and upload maybe 4 or 5 chapters during the weekends at one go right?

Like I say I would try my best so please stay with me :D

Till then ^^ (off to update Challenges in Love :D)


Just like how Jiyong mama described, the night market is a really fun place to be. Compared to the day market, the number of merchants doubled while the people around tripled. The streets were so packed that it was almost impossible for us to move. Throughout the trip, Jiyong mama kept holding me close to him, afraid that he was going to lost me. Apart from trying on every single food item they sell, Jiyong mama even brought me to a hanbok shop that I’ve never ever been to. Back in the village, Halmoni would always be in charge of my hanboks hence I didn’t have to worry about making one until today.

“Dark blue looks a little dark for her though.”  Jiyong mama said as he compares the fabric against my skin.

“What about yellow young master?” The hanbok master asked as she passes him the fabric.

“Yellow is too striking. Hmmm is there other colours that look nice on her yet not too attention seeking?”

“How about lavender and cherry red? Lavender for her skirt and red for the top?”

“Well cherry red looks fine. Please get a hanbok with jogi in cherry red and lavender while another one with baeja also in cherry red and...white for the baeja. At the same time could you get her a normal hanbok in white and pink?”

(Baeja = fur vest/ sweater (left) jogi = hand guard (right) 

“Neh Young Master.” The hanbok master said as she got the fabrics that Jiyong mama chooses and took note of them.

“Oppa~” I called him as I tug his arm lightly.

“What is it maknae?”

“Why are you getting so many hanboks for me?”

“Well you would have to accompany me out often and I don’t want to see you in the same hanbok every time.”

“But oppa it’s too expensive. Besides you are not creating one but three? I don’t need so many hanboks.”

“It’s my responsibility to prepare outfits for you. Besides it’s not expensive for me.”

“But still…”

“If only I could get the Imperial tailor to make you hanboks I wouldn’t need to bring you out to do it. How about you treat it as a welcome gift from me?”

“Oppa it’s too expensive for me to accept.”

“Aigoo don’t worry about it alright? If you are not going to accept it I’m going to be sad.”

“Young Master the hanboks would be ready in two weeks’ time.”

“Are you able to finish it quicker?”

“In that case how about one week young master?”

“Sure. We’ll be back in a weeks’ time.” Jiyong mama said before we bid the master goodbye.

After getting the hanboks, Jiyong mama got me far away from the market place to the gazebo that allows us to overlook the whole village. We could still hear the bustling streets below. Kids were playing with one another, guys getting drunk, families spending time together while ladies followed behind their partner. It wasn’t a scene I could catch back in the village, much more in the palace. The people here seem to be going modern under the influence of the two princes as well as I could see that there were a few couples dating. I still can’t understand the whole dating concept but according to Youngbae mama I assumed.

“What is in your mind Rinnie?” Jiyong mama asks as he stood beside me looking out at the village.

“Me? Ah it’s nothing.”

“Tell me~ I want to know what you are thinking Rinnie. In this way I would get to know you more~”

“Nothing big. Just a random though.”

“Tell me and I would judge if it’s big.”

“It’s really foolish oppa. You shouldn’t waste time with me.” I said making him pull me to sit at the gazebo as we both looked out to the bustling city.

“Chaerin can you be more confident in yourself? So what if it’s foolish? When you call me oppa, that means that you treat me like your real oppa. Oppa would never think that their dongsaeng is foolish huh?”

“But ma…”

“Yah what were you trying to say there?!!” Jiyong mama said as he squeezes my cheeks together.

“Sorry oppa.” I said making him loose his grip on my cheek.

“So?”

“I was just thinking about Haraboji. I wonder how he is doing. Is he taking his meals regularly? Is he still coughing a lot? What about his heart? Is it still bothering him?”

“Chaerin if you are worried about him, I can always let you meet him. I can get him to come over.”

“He can’t. The journey is too long for his old body to take.”

“Well how about we pay him a visit? After all I should thank him for his wonderful granddaughter~” Jiyong mama said as he wrap his arm around my shoulders, gripping onto the balls of my shoulder so that there was no way I could get out of his hold.

“That’s impossible. How can you…”

“Yah!” He said as he pulls me by the neck with his arm that was around it close to him so that his mouth was now beside my ear. “Have you forgotten that I’m a mama? What can’t I do?” He asked before pulling away. “Let’s just treat it as a fieldtrip neh?”

“I don’t know oppa. Let’s not talk about this anymore huh?” I asked making him nod.

“Chaerin that’s not just it huh?”

“Neh oppa?”

“Your frown is still there.” Jiyong mama said as he presses his index finger between my brows.

“Oh?” I said as I quickly took over and tried to wipe that frown off my face.

“Rinnie~” He said as he pull my hand down to meet with the other one as he wraps his hand around mine, patting with a rhythm.

“Neh oppa?”

“Chaerin please tell oppa what else is in your mind? I feel so annoyed at the fact that you’re still troubled.”

“I don’t know if I should say this oppa…”

“You can tell me everything~” He said as he my head.

“But it’s embarrassing!” I said as I cover my face with my hands.

“Come on how embarrassing can it be?” Jiyong mama asks me as he pulls my hands away from my face.

“Very?”

“Aigoo it’s not going to be that bad~”

“Promise me you wouldn’t laugh?”

“I promise you with my status at stake.” He said as he presses his hand above his heart.

“What if you get angry at me?” I ask as I steal glances at him with my head still on his shoulders.

“How can I get angry at you? Come on spit it out.” He said ruffling my hair lightly before wrapping his arm around my shoulder once again.

“Is it foolish of me to…to think that one day I might be able to leave the palace even when I know it is never possible?”

“Of cause you are foolish to think that way!” He said looking at me as I slowly lift my head up from his shoulders.

“I knew it was foolish.”

“Chaerin you’re foolish because we’re already out of the palace!” He said with a smile.

“Oppa I don’t mean that!” I said with a pout that appeared uncontrollably on my face. I was a little shocked that I was making such faces and quickly I hide my lips, pursing them together.

“You’re so cute!!!” He said pinching my left cheek while he bites his lower lips.

“Oppa are you…cold?” I ask looking up at him.

“Cold? Why do you say that?”

“You were biting your lips.” I pointed out.

“Ah that’s just a habit of mine.”

“Habit?”

“I…I’ll fill you in another time. Right now I want to know what you mean by that sentence.”

“Leaving the palace…like really leaving?” I ask timidly.

“You mean...leaving for good?!!” Jiyong mama asks and he was a little loud that I wanted to cover my ears with my hands.

“It’s just a wishful thinking. I know since the day Haraboji told me that I was going to enter the palace, there was no turning back. I never thought I was going to ever get out of the palace since then but mama brought me out…so I thought…maybe one day…”

“Then should I lock you inside the palace from now on?”

“Oppa…”

“Chaerin, why do you even harbour those thoughts? Aren’t I treating you well? Or perhaps did anyone bully you in the palace?” He asks.

“It’s not that oppa. In the palace, I was given my own room, three meals were provided to me daily and I was even given education. On top of all this privileges, I was even paid. Everyone treat me well, I made a best friend who took care of me as if she is my blood related unnie and a mama that took care of me. What more can I ask for?”

“Then let me ask you back Rinnie, what more are you looking out for?” He asked making me turn to him then back to my hands.

“I don’t lack in anything right now. Maybe I just miss the carefree life outside.” I look up only to realise the market before me turn blurry and immediately I hang my head but I guess he saw that glittering tears that I held in my eyes.

“Do you really want to leave the palace terribly?” Jiyong mama asks as I shook my head, only for him to hold both sides of my face, lifting it up as he wipes off those falling tears.

“I’m sorry I don’t know what has gotten into me.” I said with a smile as I immediately wipe off my tears with my hanky.

“Why?”

“Neh?” I sniff softly as I look up at him.

“Why is it that you feel it’s better outside?”

“I don’t know how but sometimes I notice myself struggling with stress. Stress out of nowhere.”

“Well if that is what you mean, I think I know what’s wrong~”

“Wrong?”

“Chaerin you are the one who is putting all that stress on yourself. Serving me isn’t a big deal. It’s not as if a mistake you made would cause you to have your head rolling on the floor. Everyone makes mistakes. I’m not perfect too. Chaerin the reason why Dara and I are forcing you to call us oppa and unnie outside the palace is because we want you to feel comfortable. Look at you now, have you realised how oppa just rolled off your tongue every time you’re with me outside? As compared to the first time when we got you to call us, now that you are so used to it, don’t you think it is more comfortable for you to be with me?”

“O…oppa…”

“I’m not taking no as an answer darling cause that is a fact isn’t it? Earlier when I made you lie on my shoulder, you did try to escape but noticing that I’m not going to let you go, you too just gave in and got comfortable with me. Right now, you’re even showing me your heart, telling me that you are indeed stress in the palace.”

“I…”

“You know Chaerin, now that I’ve seen that calling me oppa could make you feel comfortable, should you start calling me oppa too in the palace?”

“I can’t…”

“Why? If you can do it here why can’t you do it inside?”

“What if someone hear me?”

“Well gungnyeos are going to say you and I have a special feeling for one another, Jejo sanggung and Secretary Yang as well the King, if they hear you they might punish you.”

“Oppa even you mentioned that it was going to end up like that, why should I still attempt to?”

“If the gungnyeos talk about you, ignore them. If they despise you because of that, I would take care of them personally. If anyone punish you because of this, I will be there to save you like the last time when Seunghyun hyung framed you.”

“But mama…”

“Chaerin have you heard of this sentence? “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you do not try.”?”

“No oppa.”

“Let me tell you a story~”