oppa and his pride!

In love there are no impossibilities~

After my breakdown upon Jiyong oppa’s hug, he made me sit on his lap while my body was facing towards his left. He had his right arm around my waist and his left was patting me lightly on my head while I had my arm around his neck. Half of my face was buried in his collarbones. With all that crying taking a toll on me and Jiyong oppa was rocking me to and fro in attempt to calm me down, I felt that I was slowly falling asleep. Seriously I should stop my bad habit of sleeping whenever I’m stressed. Imagine a queen sleeping every time she encounters a really stressful problem regarding the kingdom, the citizens are definitely going to be the one who are going to suffer.

“Babe you know it’s alright for you to take a nap.” Jiyong oppa reminded me while I just likely shake my head.

“Oppa is right unnie. If you really need this nap, just take it. We will definitely call you up when Seungri oppa is ready alright?” Mingkki asked softly but I shook my head again, insisting that I shouldn’t be doing such a thing when Seungri oppa is struggling to stay awake.

“Baby you’re worrying me like this~” Jiyong oppa said as he stoke my cheeks, making me look at him for a second and gave him a faint smile before my face fell again, while all he could do is to let out a sign he thought no one but him would hear.

“Mama~” We heard Kim seonsaeng outside the door and I immediately jump up from Jiyong oppa’s lap, although it made me stumble a little but thankfully Jiyong oppa was there to support me.

“Kim seonsaeng please come in.” Minzy mentioned and the door opens.

“Mama~” He greeted again.

“Seonsaeng-nim please don’t call us mamas.” Minzy said.

“I’m sorry but I can’t for it would be against my morale.”  He apologized.

“Kim seonsaeng how is oppa?” I asked as I grab his arm desperately to know how the panda was doing.

“Please assure that Advisor Lee is doing well after me treating to his wounds. I am here to inform that it would be alright if you would like to take a look at him.” Kim seonsaeng said and before everyone could move, I was already running towards where Seungri oppa was currently nursing his wound.

Coming through the door, I look at the really pale male that was lying in the middle of the room with sweat around his forehead and his lips turned grey. Did he lose too much blood? He seems to be really tired as I notice him trying to open his eyes when I came in. Staggering to where he was, I went on my knees so that I could get closer to him. He tried to seat up but the piercing pain in his abdomen was killing him, causing him to fall back.

“Don’t get up!” I ordered him as my tears started to fall when I see how hard he was trying not to show how much his wounds hurt.

“Chaerin mama~”

“Did you lose too much blood that you forget who I am?” I asked.

“Chaerin ah~” He said as I close my eyes before hanging my head low, letting the tears fall on my hanbok skirt.

“Oppa how are you feeling?” Minzy asked as she and Jiyong oppa came into the room with Jiyong oppa by my side and Minzy opposite us.

“I’m fine…I’m strong like a cow~” He said flexing his arms despite him in a lying position on the floor but this slight movement cause his wound to twitch as once again he wince, biting his lips to refrain from screaming in pain before he turn to look at me.

“Are you alright? Does it hurts?” He asked softly as he reaches for the bandage against my neck.

“Pabo…” I mumbled. “YOU PABO OPPA!!!” I shouted and this time ignoring the wound on his abdomen, I kept punching against his chest until he let out a moan and finally I let Jiyong oppa who was trying to constraint my arms to keep my hands back.

“Yah that hurts~ why are you hitting your savior?” He whined with a pout as he rub his chest at there I was abusing on.

“So now you’re finally admitting that it hurts? You and your stupid pride!” I said.

“Awww oppa it seems like Chaerin unnie is really worried about you~” Minzy said and it was as if the erted panda was back as he turn to me and gave me a smirk.

“Really?” He asked me and I was about to stand up and leave the room when he caught my wrist. “Thank you~” He said.

“Why are you saying thank you when I’m the cause of your injury?” I asked as I settled back down on the floor.

“Chaerin, never take the blame. I’m your personal guard and if I can’t protect you, the King would ever assign me to you. Since you were a gungnyeo, I’ve told you that I would always be watching and saving you. If that means I had to lose my life for you, I would.” He said making me turn my face away, refusing to face him talking about dying for me.

“Oppa…can I see your wound?” I asked softly.

“Just because you call me oppa, go ahead although I don’t advice you cause I don’t want to gross you out.” Seungri oppa said and my trembling hands met with the blanket as I slowly pull it down to see that he was bare on the top.

Pulling the blanket down to his chest area, I was feeling really shy since it was the very first time I see the body of an opposite who was around my age. Finally I could see the bandage that was peeking out, causing me to pull it even lower until the bandage was fully exposed and all that I could see was that in the middle of the bandage, it was already stained red with his blood. Turning my head away really quickly, Jiyong oppa quickly got me in his arms before Mingkki helps to pull the blanket back up.

“How are you feeling Advisor Lee?” Kim seonsaeng asked as he got a face basin in with warm water and towel which I quickly took over, wetting it before wiping the sweat on Seungri oppa’s forehead.

“Please don’t call me Advisor. It feels so weird~” Seungri oppa pouted.

“Kim seonsaeng, have you studied medicine before? Seungri oppa lost so much blood but you manage to bring him back to life to the point that he can even joke.” Minzy pointed out.

“Minzy mama, indeed I do have knowledge on medicine but I’m nothing but a normal citizen.” Kim seonsaeng said.

“But how did you know about the assassination? It is normal for citizens to know that a king and queen to a kingdom have passed on but why do you know Sang Hyun and him wanting to seek for revenge?” Jiyong oppa asked the question that was caught in my head since earlier on.

“My job 20 years ago was the appointed Imperial physician for the Lee Kingdom. My job was to take care of not only the health of the King and Queen of the Kingdom but any royals back at the palace. I was there when Chaerin mama was delivered and practically seen her grow till she was one. Unfortunately I was part of the team who worked through day and night trying to being the late King and Queen back to life. I failed you Chaerin mama~” He said making me shake my head.

“Why?” I asked.

“Vital parts was affected. Heart lungs…” before he could finish I cut him.

“Why did they want my parents’ life?” I asked.

“Chaerin mama please know that your parents did nothing wrong. The Parks lost their jobs and came to the palace to seek for help from your parents. Getting them a new job would take some time to be settled but it just so happens that your first birthday was around the corner. Your parents were still finding a way to settle the Park’s problem but the Parks thought that the late King and Queen didn’t care about their welfare and all they could think of was you and your birthday party. That was the reason why they attacked.” Kim seonsaeng said and this time I couldn’t take the news and quickly left the room with Jiyong oppa following behind me.

“Chaerin ah~” he said when he notice me sitting on the stairs, the guards were still around as they formed a human guard wall around the hanok. Some of them weren’t here for they were sending the kids safely back home but still those that are here was enough to guard one house.

“How could they? My parents…they were doing something…how could they…think they weren’t and kills them? Why?!!” I wailed making him hug me tighter.

“Chaerin I’m on your side and killing isn’t the right way to solve a problem. However I understand what they are thinking as well. When you are desperate, especially when they have a son to raise, it is understandable that they would get tensed when they seek for your parent’s help yet your parents were busy with your party. Of cause they might not know that your parents are actually working on it but all they could see was that your parents care for you more. Getting anxious, it seems like it was their last resort. Your parents don’t deserve even 1% of what has happened to them, neither do you deserve to be hurt like that so Chaerin I hope you can forgive and forget.”

“How can I forgive and forget when they already took my parent’s life and now still wants mine?!!” I asked angrily.

“Chaerin, your parents’ death is a fact and there is nothing we can do to change or bring them back to you now. As for you, I know you are hurt by all these but we’ve caught Sang Hyun. Why keep them in your head when you detest them so much? Don’t you think that it is going to hurt you more when you think about it all the time? You can don’t forgive them but at least forget about what happened and just lead your life without them.”

“I really want to oppa but I can’t…it hurts so much…it’s planted in my heart and head.”

“That’s where the forgive part comes in.” He said pulling me away as he wipes the tears off my face. “I know it’s going to be difficult but there is no restrictions. Let me ask you a question. Earlier on when you heard his parents killed yours, do you want to kill his too? Gave you ever had a slightest though of wanting to seek revenge on behalf of your parents? Or even against him and maybe taking his life to make his parents regret what they did 20 years ago?” Jiyong oppa asked and for a moment I was quiet.

“Your Highness~” A guard said as he came towards us making me wipe my tears off.

“What is it?” Jiyong oppa asked while I just turn to give him a side hug, my head buried in his neck while his left arm was around my waist pulling me closer to him.

“What should we do with the assassin?” The guard ask making Jiyong oppa look at me.

“Bring him back and…” before Jiyong oppa could finish, I made my speech.

“Bring him to me.” I said making the guard and Jiyong oppa look at me shocked.

“Are you sure baby?” He asked me making me nod. “Bring him here now.” Jiyong oppa said and soon the guy was standing in front of me, his arms and legs tied with ropes that prevents him from escaping for the other end of the rope was tied to the wrist of one of the best guards in the palace.

“Aren’t you going to kneel down in front of the Princess and Prince?!!” The guard got angry and kicked his legs, causing the tall guy to fall in front of us with his knees on the floor.

“Untie him…” I said softly and once again the guards and Jiyong oppa was looking at me confused.

When they notice I was serious, they untie him but was standing really near to him in case he ran away. I slowly stood up and approach the guy when Jiyong oppa stopped me. I just give him a smile and a pat on his hands before I got out of his grip and made my way to the kneeling “killer”.

“Just kill me on the spot if you are planning of bringing me back because I would never do so.” He said with confidence as if it was his last speech.

“I’m not going to kill you and yes I’m planning to bring you back.” I said as I too got down maintaining eye level with him.

“Just kill me. I tried to kill you. Now that you caught me, why aren’t you taking my life?”

“I’m taking your life…in another way.” I said with a smile.

“Neh?!!”

“Be my personal body guard~”