Alone with mama

In love there are no impossibilities~

“Rinnie~”

“Neh mama?”

“Is something wrong? You look out of it.” Jiyong mama said as he came and pat on my head.

“Mama thank you for your concern but I’m fine~”

“Mmmm if you say so. Anyway could you make some coffee and meet me at the study room? Two big cups of coffee.”

”Mama are you expecting a guest?”

“Aniya~ Just meet me later and I will tell you.” Jiyong mama said before he disappears upstairs to his study room.

Ever since Seungri oppa, okay fine I’m going to call him oppa in my heart but not in front of him or else he would get snobbish. Ever since he talked to me that night, I can’t help but to be persuaded that what he said was right. When Jiyong mama holds my hand or even when our fingers brushed pass one another, I felt a wave of electricity running throughout my body. I’ve done so many skinship with Seungri oppa, mostly whacking him up but this feeling can only be felt when I’m with Jiyong mama.

“Mama the coffee is ready.” I said as I carried the tray in to see him looking at the shelf for some books to read.

“Great. Just leave it on the table will do.” He said and I do as told as I place the tray down on the coffee table that was in the room.

“Mama is there anything else I need to assist you with?”

“Well not really assist but can you bring your books over?”

“My books? Why mama?”

“I heard you are going to try out for the Imperial exam?”

“Neh mama~”

“That’s really good. It’s good that you actually have these thoughts. I fully support you Rinnie~”

“Thank you mama~”

“Just bring your materials here. I want you to study here instead.”

“Neh?”

“Aigoo its boring to read a book alone the whole day here. Bring your books here so you don’t get bored as well and as time pass by, I could help you with whatever you are clueless of while I get accompany~”

“Mama~”

“Aigoo just go get your books before I get angry!” He said as he place his hands on his tiny waist, making me laugh. “Yah what are you laughing at?” He asked.

“Mama I’m sorry. Please excuse me while I fetch my stuffs.” I said bowing to him before I left the study room.

As soon as I step out of the study room, I found myself smiling really hard. The moment there totally killed me. I mean Jiyong mama had his arms on his waist like a little boy who doesn’t get his toy. I quickly got back to my room as I got all the things that I need including the books that I borrowed from the imperial library. Actually books from the imperial library are not allowed to be borrowed out of the library but because of the fact that as a personal maid to mama who is preparing for the imperial examination, Secretary Yang has given me an exception for my working hours unlike the other gungnyeos are fixed. As a personal gungnyeo, I have to be on standby 24 hours by the mamas and normally would only end around 10 or 11pm whereby the library would have already been closed.

“Mama~” I said carrying my books in my arms as I enter the study room once again.

“Oh you’re here?” Jiyong mama said as he turns away from the book shelf where he was looking for a good book to read.

“Neh mama~”                                                     

“Take the study table. Oh don’t forget to get one of the coffee. IT’s going to help you focus on your studying.”

“Mama~”

“Aigoo just do it!” He said as he got behind me with his hands on my shoulders as he push me towards the study table and sat me down.

“But mama what about you?”

“I’ll settle with the sofa. If you need help from me just give me a call alright?”

“Neh mama~”

For hours all I did was study while Jiyong mama was busy with his book. Time to time he would check on me to see if he could lend me any help while I would ask him from time to time if he would need snacks or even changing his coffee to a fresh hot cup. I could feel Jiyong mama looking at me constantly while for me whenever I look up, he always seem to notice as he would look up at me from behind his book before giving me a smile.

“Rinnie~”

“Neh mama? Is there anything I can help you with?” I ask turning from my seat.

“Still studying hard?” He asked.

“Neh mama. I’m sorry for not noticing the time. Should I get you some dinner?” I ask as I quickly got up, packing my things until he caught my hands.

“Yah it’s alright I was just checking on you~ Continue with what you are doing.” He said but I quickly got up.

“No mama I’m actually finishing. Please allow me to get you your dinner.”

“In that case take your time. I’m not that hungry huh?”

“Mama would you like me to run the water for you to bath while I get the kitchen to prepare you dinner?”

“Thanks Rinnie that’s so sweet of you~” Jiyong mama said before I bow to him and left the study room for the bathroom to turn the water on.

While waiting for the bathtub to be filled up, I head back to the study room to see that Jiyong mama was still on his book. Clearing the coffee cups, I check back at the bathroom to find that the bath was ready. Adding a few drops of lavender essence into the bath, I ensured that all the bathing amenities like towel and bath robe was within reach or properly hanged for the mama’s convenience. Time fo mama to have his bath while I go get him his dinner.

“Jiyong mama~” I said knocking lightly on the door as he looks up at me with a smile.

“Bathe is ready?” Jiyong mama said making me nod.

“Neh mama.”

“Thank you so much darling~”

“Mama is there anything I can help you with?”

“I’m fine.”

“What about dinner mama?”

“Dinner? I’m alright with anything~”

“Neh mama. I’ve added some lavender to the water. Please have a relaxing shower.”

“Because of you I will~” He said patting my head before he head off, leaving me alone to clean the study room up.

Grabbing my books, I made my way to my room, stopping by the kitchen as I leave the chefs instructions to prepare Jiyong mama’s dinner. On top of that I even gotten them to prepare something special and nutritious for Jiyong mama since he have been in the house for the whole day doing nothing but reading and I guess he might be tired. Returning to Jiyong mama’s quarters to find him at the sofa reading some of the documents that he had to go through on a daily basis, I got to the dining table to set dinner up.

“Jiyong mama dinner is ready.” I said standing in front of him. These documents are highly confidential sometimes and therefore it is best not to even give them even the slightest thoughts that I was going to peek and tell an enemy or something.

“Smells great.” He said before closing the file in his hands and placing it neatly on the coffee table before heading to the dining table. “Wow what’s with the spread?” He ask with a smile as he took his seat.

“I was wondering since Jiyong mama have been reading the whole day, I thought that it would be good if I could get mama something nice to end the day with.”

“You’re so good to me~” He said as I scoop a bowl of soup for him.

“Mama this is my duty.”

“Rinnie~”

“Neh mama?”

“Get a bowl and join me for dinner.”

“But mama I can’t have meals with you.”

“Well you can if I say so. Besides you prepared such a spread for me and it’s too much for me to finish it alone. Quickly join me. It’s so boring to eat all this alone.”

“N…neh mama.” I said before leaving to get another set of cutlery as requested by Jiyong mama.

Dinner was quiet with Jiyong mama occasionally getting food in my plate. Neither of us talked as we just had the food. It was so awkward that I don’t even know if the food enters my mouth or through my nose. Jiyong mama would give me a smile every time I look up which I returned.  After dinner, I pack the place up and returned the plates and napkin to the cleaning area before coming back to the quarters.

“Rinnie tomorrow you don’t have to come in. I need you to follow me out somewhere.”

“Mama are we going to the market again?”

“Neh. I’ll come by your quarters and by then do be ready to leave.”

“Neh mama.”

“You still have the hanbok that Dara gave you last time right?”

“Neh mama it’s in my room.”

“Alright then in that case I’ll see you tomorrow? Have a good night and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

-Next Day-

“Rinnie~” I heard Jiyong mama knock on my quarters door as he called out for me.

“Mama I’ll be out soon.” I said before I check myself one last time in the mirror. Looking good Lee Chaerin~ when I was done, I open the door to see Jiyong mama in his disguise.

“Hey Rinnie~”

“Mama~” I greeted him with a bow.

“Let’s go shall we?”

“Mama where is Dara mama?”

“Dara? Nah she is not coming with us.”

“Why is that so mama?” Wait you mean only the two of us are going?

“Well it’s not every time that she would be with me. Besides she is busy today.”

Dara mama is busy? So I’m just an accompany when Dara mama is not here? Chaerin don’t keep your hopes to high. Youngbae mama might be clever but that doesn’t mean he can be right about love. Besides this is going to sound bad but Youngbae mama never had a relationship before so do you think his words are true? And that Seungri panda, I don’t even know who he is!

“Ah neh mama.”

“Come on let’s go~”

“Mama~” I said stopping in my tracks.

“What is it?”

“Mama the last time we went out was in the day but it’s night time now, is the market still open?”

“Rinnie you’re really cute. But first you know the rules when we are outside.” He said as he wrap his arm around my shoulder.

“O…oppa~”

“Neh maknae?” Jiyong mama said as he looks down at me with a smile.

“Is the market open now?”

“Well we’re going to the night market~”

“Night market?”

“A night market is a market that only opens at night. Usually it’s a one or two day thing and normally opened on weekends like Friday nights and Saturday nights. Right here the night market is only on Saturday nights so we’re going there now.”

“Ah I see. So is it the same as the ones in the morning where we went with Dara mama the previous time?”

“It’s somewhat similar yet different. During a night market, there are many more merchants along the streets. Roads will be sealed to make way for these merchants and during this time everyone would walk since carriage are not allowed in. It is by far the best commoner experience I have ever had.”

“Sounds fun~”

“Looks like it’s soon winter. Are you cold?” Jiyong mama said as he got my hands together, rubbing it with his so that my hands were warm.

“I’m fine.” I said as I tried to pull my hand away when he held it even tighter as we walk down the streets.

“Looks like it’s time to get winter hanboks. Come on let’s go~” Jiyong mama said as we head for the market.

If only…

If only you could hold me like this every day till we grow old ~