Chapter 8

Dark Love

 

#Dark Love 8#

Chapter Eight: #Dark Love 8#

*Ying Jie’s POV*

“Miss, Master has asked us to prepare breakfast for you. Please have your breakfast before going to school.”

“Where is he?”

“He went out already.” He must be affected by what I say. I didn’t mean to but.. I.. AH!! Why is it so confusing?? I went to eat my breakfast and changed into my uniform.

“Miss, I will be sending you to school and fetch you home today.” The chauffeur opens the car door.

“Thank You.” Usual day at school. Alone.

“Hey!!” Just as I was walking along the corridor, someone stopped me.

“Wang Zi?”

“Hi. Ever since you came to this school, you are always alone. Mind if we walk together?”

“Oh. I don’t mind.”

“Erm.. Why not.. We go and catch a movie today?”

“Movie? What’s that?”

“HUH?! You mean you don’t know?” Err.. Awkward silence. How would I possibly know what it is??

“Sorry about it. I didn’t mean..”

“It’s ok.” I smiled at him.

“So.. You want to go?”

“Huh? Oh. Today?”

“Yea.”

“Oh. Sure.”

After school..

“Erm.. I will be going out with him.” I pointed to Wang Zi. “So.. You can go back first.” I told the chauffeur.

“But Master told me that I must send you home today.” Seeing his worried face, I think I better take him with me incase..

~Flashback~

BANG!!

“DAD!!! DAD!!!”

~Flashback 2 ~

BANG!!

“AH!!” That man went dropping onto the ground.

~End of flashback~

“Erm.. Wang Zi, do you mind if he follows us?” I asked him. He looked at him and back to me.

“I guess.. I’m fine with it. I get to ride in the car too right?” He said.

“Ah. Yes. Free ride.” I smiled.

“Ok! Then let’s go!!” He held onto my hand and me pull into the car. After getting in the car, I took my hand back from him.

“I’m sorry about it.” He said. I shook my head without responding.

“Miss, where are we heading to?” The chauffeur asked.

“Oh. Where are we going?” I asked him. I never have been around this estate.

“Park Mall.” He told the chauffeur. He nodded and started driving.

“Ying Jie, how long have you been living on Dark Street?”

“Dark Street?”

“Yea. This whole stretch of street is call Dark Street. The owner of this whole street is..” He took a peek at me.

“Yea?”

“Don’t you know?”

“Know what?”

“Erm.. The whole street is owned by Master Aaron.” I looked at him. Does he know things about Aaron? Maybe I should try asking him. But will I cause him troubles? I don’t think so huh. Is only asking about him.

“Erm.. Wang Zi.. Can I ask you something?”

“Yea. Sure. What you like to know?”

“How long have you been living on this street?”

“Since I was born. 18 years.”

“So.. Aaron..”

“Oh. He became the owner of this street when he was 10. Heard that he was intelligent. But we never get to know more about him as he doesn’t attend school. So there is no way we could get near to him. So the first day of school when everyone saw you with him, everyone was shocked.”

“Who are his family members? And what does he do?”

“I’m not sure about his family situation. He’s quite a secret man. He’s the head of this whole long street at the same time, there are rumors saying that he’s the head of a mafia gang. They does killing? But I’m not sure whether it’s true a not. The citizens living here never have seen it before.” Killing.. I closed my eyes and lay back.

“Ying Jie, are you alright?”

“Yea. I’m fine.”

“I thought you would know him better? Speaking of him, didn’t see him around today? Thought he would fetch you to school?” I did not reply him. I just smiled.

“Hmm.. I think.. He should be a good guy?” I was shocked by what Wang Zi said. The person who does killing without even blinking his eyes is a good guy?

“I did heard that he has a mother but we never seen her once. Neither his father. But no matter what it is, living on this street, everyone is happy. We are well protected. There is hardly any crime on this street. Everyone here is living safely. And.. Most importantly, we always get steady income and rental is cheap. I think that is all his doings.”

“Why do you think so?”

“Since he owned this street, I’m sure that he’s the one who is responsible from protecting us and feeding us?”

“Oh.” I kept silent. Aaron.. Exactly, what type of person you are?

“Miss, we have reached.”

“Oh. Thanks. Do you want to watch movie with us?” I asked.

“Oh No. No. I will wait for you here.” He rejected my offer immediately.

“Ok then.” Wang Zi and I get off the car and headed into the mall. Wow. I never have been to shopping malls before. It’s so big and grand.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Wang Zi said.

“Yea.” I smiled and started browsing through every shop.

“Ah! This looks cute!” I took this blue soft toy.

“That’s stitch.”

“Stitch?”

“Do you like it? I buy for you.”

“Ah. It’s ok.” Just as I wanted to put back into the shelf, Wang Zi took the toy away from me.

“Eh..” He walked over to the counter and paid for it.

“There you go.” He passed me the toy.

“I.. I pay you back.”

“It’s ok. Treat it as it was a gift from me.”

“Thank you.”

“Let’s go and watch movie.”

“Movie? Oh ok.” We headed to the top level. I then know what is movie. Shows that are only a few hours, looking from a big screen? Haha. It’s nice though. Chairs are comfortable too. After watching, we headed home.

“Erm.. Is Master at home?” I asked one of the servants.

“No, Miss.”

“Oh ok.” I walked back up to my room. Till the next morning, I never see him. Same as usual, I went to school. The only person who talks to me is Wang Zi. At night, he’s still not back yet. I started missing him. It just doesn’t feel right without him in the house.

“Sorry, Can I know your Master’s number?” I never have a hand phone but I know he has one.

“Sorry, Miss. We do not know.”

“Oh Ok.” Where are you??

====================================

Finally wait till the maintenance is over!!

Signing off
bubblygal
13 Jan 2010
8:19PM