Chapter 1

Dark Love

 

#Dark Love 1#

Chapter One: #Dark Love 1#

*Ying Jie’s POV*

I’m a very normal girl. I’m 18 this year. However, ever since the age of 10 when my mother passed away, I stopped schooling. I have not been to school for 8 years. I do not have any knowledge as compared to the students. I have never been to any libraries. Every time when I’m walking home, seeing the students running on the streets, I get so envy. I do not have any friends. What are friends? This word is a stranger to me.

Forget to tell you. I have been working at this cake shop down the streets. I’m a weak girl. Other than talking to the customers, I’m quiet and timid to other people around me.

“Dad, I’m home.” I walked into the tattered house. It seems so weak. It might just collapse if one strong wind came blowing towards our house. “Dad?” I searched around the house but there isn’t any sight of him. He must be there again. Ever mum died, he has not stop gambling. He loves to gamble and never stops. Creditors are always chasing money after us. Whenever the creditors came knocking on our door, mum and I would always hide at one dark corner not making any noise.

Then, this day arrived. All because the creditors were unable to get the money, they chained up our door and put fire. I was only 10. Mum hugged onto me tightly to protect me.

~Flashback~

“Mum!! Mum!!” I started crying non-stop.

“Hush Hush. Ying Jie, don’t be afraid. Mum is here to protect you. Mum wouldn’t let Ying Jie get hurt.” Mum hugged me tightly. She took a thick blanket and wrapped around me.

“Mum!! AH!!” Things started collapsing down.

“Ying Jie!!” Because mum wanted to save me, in the end, the cupboard fell on top of her.

“Mum!!” I started nudging her. Tears just kept on flowing down. “MUM!!!” Just then, the fireman broke into the house.

“One girl here. And her mother. Her mother is stuck under the cupboard. Calling for more help. Over.” One of the fire men spoke through this black thing. What’s that? Not important.

“Mum.. No!! I’m not leaving without mum.” One of them carried me out of the house. “NO!! Mum..”

~End of flashback~

I should not have recalled the scene. It makes me shivers. Tears started welling out. I caused my mum’s death, isn’t it? Because of me, because of wanting to save me..

“Why are you standing there? Go and fixed dinner.” The cold tone frightens me.

“Ye.. Yes..” When did he come back? I walked into the kitchen and started preparing dinner.

“Money..” Dad walked up to me and stretched his hand out.

“I.. I don’t have.”

“What?” He slapped me hard on my cheek. “You are working aren’t you? You are supposed to work and support me! MONEY!!” He grabbed onto my hand firmly.

“Dad.. It’s hurts.” Drop of tears came flowing down.

“I say.. MONEY!!” I started trembling. Slowly, reaching out to my pocket taking the money out. Within a second, he snatched all the money away from my hand.

“I need..” I wanted to take some of them back. I just took my salary today. It’s supposed to last me for 1 month before the next salary comes.

“SHUT UP!!” He pushed me away and walked out of the kitchen. “FIXED DINNER!!!” Just as I was cooking, a few people came knocking on the door.

“Oh Crap..” I heard dad mumbled under his breath. He started wandering around the house, looking for space to hide his money? Or hide himself? I off the stove and run into my room. This might be the habit from young. I crouched in the dark so that no one could see me, I hope. After 15 minutes, everything went silence. Are they gone? I don’t dare to move an inch. Till the next morning, I’m still in that position. Slowly, I stood up. My bones are aching. After a few stretches, I walked out of my room. Again. Red paints all over the door, the wall, the corridor. I have to do cleaning again.

Did they use better paints now? It’s harder to scrap off. Forget it. I washed it after work. I walked back into the house and changed. Dad is out again. I bet the debts are forever not going to be cleared.

============================================

This is my first chapter.. I will try to update regularly. Because I'm still writing the story. So..I would probably stop writing if I'm lacking of ideas or I do not know how to continue. I'm trying out this new storyline.

Hope you all will like it.. =)

Signing off
bubblygal
27 Dec 2009
11:41AM