Chapter 9

Come Closer

 

[Roxy High ; Class 201]

Miss Cherry : Class.. I have to announce that next week we’ll go on a camping for 3 days and 2 nights.

Class 201 : YAYYYYYYYY!

[Camping site]
Miss Cherry : Ok. We’re here. Now you guys get to pick who you want to spend the night with. Girls with girls. Boys with boys. Do you understand?

Mr. Blackie : Now, go to your tent and come back here in 3 hours.

Three hours later, the students were gathering at the place they were told to meet. Miss Cherry and Mr. Blackie came. There were also some senior students with them.

Mr. Blackie : Good evening students. We are going to play a game now. Get in a group of 3-5 and I’ll tell you what to do.

Guigui got in a group with Tongtong, Xiao Xun, and Mini while Aaron was with Ahben, Wangzi, and Xiao Yu.

Mr. Blackie : Each group has to walk into the forest.

Mini : Aiyoo Mr. Blackie, it’s already 8 in the evening. It’s scary.

Mr. Blackie : That’s why I told you to get in a group. Do you want to walk alone?

Mini : Whatever.

Mr. Blackie : Your job is to get a flag from the forest. One flag for each group. Don’t be afraid. There will be signs and posts every ½ miles. There will be your seniors staying in each post. Each group can only bring one flashlight. Also, each group will have a different start, but you might bump into other group inside the forest.

Miss Cherry : If you get lost, go to the nearest post or follow the signs. Follow the path. Got it?

Mr. Blackie : The purpose of this game is to make you learn to follow signs. The first group that came back will get a prize. Now, take a different start. There are five different starting points.

Mr. Blackie : Get set..(blew the whistle) *TOOOOOOOOT*

Each group has started making their moves. They walked into the forest.

Guigui’s group..
Both Guigui and Mini were scared. Guigui kept holding Tongtong’s arm while Mini kept holding onto Xiao Xun.

Mini : Xiao Xun, don’t leave me alone. Okay?

Xiao Xun : I won’t, Mini.

Guigui : This is so scary. I don’t dare to look back.

Tongtong : There’s nothing to be afraid of, Gui.

Guigui : What if we bump into wolves and they were hungry and they eat us?

Xiao Xun giggled.

Xiao Xun : Guigui, I don’t think we’ll bump into wolves. This isn’t a wild forest so don’t worry too much. Okay?

Guigui : Okay

Meanwhile..
Wangzi : Found it (Took the flag)

Xiao Yu : We could be the first group to come back and get the prize

Aaron : This game is too easy for us. I bet Guigui and her group are scared to death Ha-Ha

Ahben stared at Aaron

Ahben : Oooh.. Someone’s thinking about Guigui.

Aaron hit Ahben’s head

Aaron : I’m not.

Wangzi : Hao le. Let’s go back.

They boys were heading back to the camp site when they heard a very loud scream

??? : AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Wangzi looked at Aaron. Aaron also looked at Wangzi.

Aaron and Wangzi : GUIGUI!

The boys ran towards where the sound came from. They saw Mini, Tongtong, and Xiao Xun were looking down into a hole.

Aaron : What happened?

Tongtong pointed to the hole.

Tongtong : We were walking when suddenly Guigui fell. I don’t know how it happened. The ground just fell all of the sudden.

Wangzi called for Guigui

Wangzi : Guigui, are you okay down there?

Guigui : I’m okay. I think I broke my leg. Get me out of here guys. I’m so scared. It’s dark in here. There are also so many spiders.

Guigui cried out loud. The others heard Guigui was crying.

Aaron : Hang on. We’ll get you out. Don’t cry, little baby.

Wangzi : I think this hole is a trap that was made to catch deers.

Xiao Xun was worried

Xiao Xun : How are we going to get her up here?

Ahben : We can use rope.

Mini : We don’t have any.

Aaron : Wangzi, how high do you think is this hole?

Wangzi : It looks like about 6-7 feet high.

Aaron : I’ll go down

Wangzi looked at Aaron, confused.

Aaron : Ey. It’s not that high. You guys can help me go down then I’ll help her go up. What do you think?

Wangzi : That might work. How are you going up?

Aaron : Pai tuo. I’m a guy. I can climb. Besides, Guigui is injured. She needs someone to help her going up here.

Wangzi : Hao.

Aaron went down. Wangzi and Ahben helped Aaron going down the hole. Wangzi and Ahben lied on the ground while holding Aaron’s hand. Wangzi held Aaron’s right hand while Ahben held Aaron’s left hand. They were going to release it when Aaron’s ready.

Aaron’s feet were now close enough to reach the ground.

Aaron : OK. You can let go of your hands.

Guigui was sitting in the corner, looking so exhausted. Aaron pinched Guigui’s cheeks.

Aaron : Xiao Meimei, are you alright?

Guigui cried. Aaron hugged Guigui.

Aaron : Can you stand up?

Guigui tried to stand, but she barely made it.

Aaron : Wangzi!! Get ready to pull Guigui.

Wangzi : HAO!

Aaron put both his hands around Guigui’s legs then started to carry her and push her up to reach Wangzi’s hand.

Aaron : Come on Gui get his hand.

Guigui tried to reach Wangzi’s hand. She finally managed to get Wangzi’s hand. Wangzi started to pull her up. Ahben was also helping to pull Guigui. Once Guigui got up there, her friends came towards her and hugged her.

Mini : Guigui. (Sob)

Tongtong patted Guigui’s head

Aaron : Ey. Pull me up now!

All laughed.

Because of the incident, Aaron’s group did not get to win the prize. It’s okay for them because Guigui was more important.
The students of class 201 were now on the bus going back to Taipei. Guigui was very tired that she fell asleep all the way from camp site to Taipei.

[Roxy High]
School has just ended. Now Guigui could walk normally. Today was also Guigui’s birthday. Apparently, all her friends were busy. She was sad that no one seemed to remember her birthday. Guigui was walking towards the school’s entrance and going home. Wangzi came towards her.

Wangzi : Guigui, happy birthday! (Hugged Guigui)

Guigui : Thank you Wangzi (sad)

Wangzi : What’s with the sad face?

Guigui : Noone remembers my birthday. Not even my grandma.

Wangzi : I remember you birthday (Smiles) Then how about I celebrate your birthday with you?

Guigui : Hao. (Smiles)

Wangzi and Guigui went to the amusement park. Guigui was happy that finally there was someone accompanied her on her birthday.

Guigui : Wangzi, let’s go ride that one (Pointed at the Ferris Wheel)

Wangzi : Alright.

Guigui was really having fun riding the Ferris wheel. Smiles were written all over her face. She did not realize Wangzi was staring at her deeply.

Wangzi’s thought : I feel so happy to see her smiling so innocent like this. Her smiles really made my day. I’ll do anything just to see her smiling like this.

Suddenly, Wangzi’s cellphone rang.

Wangzi : Wei.. Ah alright I’m coming now (Hang up)

Guigui looked at Wangzi curiously.

Wangzi : Guigui, I’m sorry I have to go now.

Guigui : But it’s still 6 pm.

Guigui pouted.

Wangzi : My grandpa got into the hospital just now. It might be my last chance to see him. I’m so sorry Gui.

Guigui : Ah sorry I didn’t know. Then go.

Wangzi : I’ll take you home first.

Guigui : Aiyoo, don’t worry about me. I’m a big girl now. I’m 16. I can manage to go home alone. (smiles)

Wangzi : Then take care. Call me if anything happens.

Wangzi was about to leave, but Guigui called.

Guigui : Wangzi.

Wangzi turned back. Guigui ran and hugged him.

Guigui : Thank you for today (Smiles) I really had fun.

Guigui was walking home alone now. She reached her house. She saw Aaron was standing outside her house.

Guigui : Aaron, what are you doing here?

Aaron : I want to say happy birthday to you.

Guigui : Thank you.

Aaron : I want to bring you somewhere. I also have a BIG surprise later.

Aaron held Guigui’s hand and dragged her with him.

Guigui : A movie theater?

Aaron : Yup. I haven’t watched movie for almost 6 months now. Let’s go.

They were now inside the theater. Guigui got to pick the movie. She picked drama romance movie called “Time traveller’s wife”. Aaron kept mumbling because he didn’t get how girls love watching dramas.
The movie has almost ended.

Aaron’s thought : I have to do it now. Now or never. It's my only chance.

Aaron took a peek at Guigui. He realized his heart was beating really fast. He blushed.

Aaron’s thought : Come on Aaron. Be a man!

Guigui was so into the movie. She did not realize Aaron was busy himself. And suddenly…

Aaron kissed Guigui on the lips.

==========================================================================================================

I'll try to update more tomorrow <3
Hope you like this chapter :D