Chapter 24

Come Closer

 

Firs of all, I want to thank Sheer Essence for the nice poster and background. Credit to Star-chan@sheer essence for the nice poster and back ground <3
And hope you guys don't kill me for the chapter :P

==================================================================================================================

It was midnight.Guigui was lying on her bed. Guigui still could not sleep. There were so many things going on in her mind. She kept thinking about Aaron and his baby. She wanted to cry, but for some reason she couldn’t.

Guigui’s though : Aiyo, I’m going crazy.

Guigui got up from her bed. She grabbed a sweater and wore it on her body before she walked out of the room. She stepped outside the beach house. She began walking along the shores. She felt the gentle wind touching her body as she was walking. She kept walking until she saw a figure was sitting on the shore of the beach. She walked towards the figure. To her surprise, it was Aaron.

Guigui took a sit beside Aaron. Aaron noticed someone’s presence. He turned to see it was Guigui. He turned back to the sea.

Aaron : What are you doing here?

Guigui : I cannot sleep, so I decided to take a walk. Why are you here?

Aaron : I-I…

Guigui : It’s okay. You don’t need to talk.

Guigui felt a complicated feeling in her chest. She wanted to hug him, but she was afraid.

Suddenly, Aaron stood up and was about to walk away when Guigui held his hand.

Guigui : Aaron.

Aaron paused. He did not pull his hand from Guigui’s.

Aaron : What do you want?

Guigui : I know everything. I know the reason behind your engagement. Is it true? Did you and her…

Aaron did not answer.

Guigui pulled her hand from Aaron’s. She was now standing up, facing Aaron.

Guigui : Do you love her?

Guigui held Aaron’s arms. She tried to catch Aaron’s eyes, but Aaron kept avoiding Guigui’s eyes. He turned his face away, did not want to look at Guigui.

Aaron : …

Guigui : You can’t even answer. You love me, don’t you? Answer me!

Guigui shook Aaron’s body.

Aaron : We already talked about it this noon. Why can’t you just let go of me? I’m tired of you and your childish game.

Guigui started to cry. Tears were slowly coming down her cheeks.

Guigui : Is it because I didn’t allow you to call me pumpkin? Then, I promise. You can call me anything you want. I know you love me.

Guigui tried to smile while her tears were still rolling down her cheeks.

Aaron : Didn’t I already prove it to you? I don’t love you. Can’t you just accept the fact that I don’t want to be with you?

Guigui : (covered her ears with both hands) No! No! You’re lying. What about all the memories we have? You wouldn’t forget about all the memories we had, would you?

Aaron did not answer. Guigui kept looking at Aaron. Aaron still did not want to look at Guigui.

Guigui : This! (Touched her necklace) This necklace was your present.

Aaron still did not want to look. He slightly pushed Guigui away from him.

Aaron : I’m tired. Good night! By the way, you can throw that trash away. It doesn’t mean anything to me.

Aaron walked away, leaving Guigui standing there, crying. Guigui fell on her knees as she watched Aaron walking away from her. Tears did not stop falling down her cheeks.

Guigui’s thought : I just wanted to know if you still love me. It doesn’t matter whether you’re with me or not, as long as I know that you love me.

The next day, the students had to visit the museum in the morning and made reports about it. They got free times soon after they came back from the museum in the afternoon.

Guigui, Wangzi, Calvin, Ahben, Qiaoqiao, Tongtong, Xiao Xun, and Mini were gathering in the living room.

Mini : Guys, let’s play in the beach.

Ahben : Good idea.

Qiaoqiao : Yeah. I’m in. I want to swim, too.

Tongtong : Finally, I can wear my two-piece.

Guigui : Errr. I’ll just watch you guys. You know I don’t swim.

Wangzi : Why not?

Guigui : I just don’t like swimming.

Xiao Xun : Gui, you’re still…

Guigui nodded. The others except Xiao Xun were confused.

Calvin : Hao. No problem. We can build sand castle with you. We don’t have to swim.

Tongtong : Ok. Let’s go change. Meet you guys in the beach in thirty minutes!

They all went to their rooms and got changed. Guigui only changed to a tank and shorts. She wore her sandals and went to the beach.

Guigui was early. No one had come. She decided to take a walk along the shores while waiting for her friends. She kept walking until she met Hebe and Han.

Guigui : Hi.

Guigui only wanted to greet them and walked away, but…

Hebe : Look at this loser! (Evil laughed)

Guigui put her head down. She could not move for some reason.

Han : I know she won’t win from you Heb!

Hebe : Oh puh-lea-se! I’m Hebe, daughter of the Tian’s family. I always get what I want.

Guigui couldn’t hold her anger anymore.

Guigui : No, you don’t. At least you don’t win Aaron’s heart. He doesn’t love you.

Hebe : Excuse me? Wasn’t it clear that he kissed me in front of you yesterday? And yet, you’re still dreaming that he loves you. Give me a break.

Guigui : Well. Did he ever give you something special then? A present maybe?

Hebe : I…

Hebe could not answer. She discovered a white gold heart shaped necklace hung on Guigui’s neck.

Hebe : Was this from him? (Pulled the necklace from Guigui’s neck)

The necklace was now in Hebe’s hand.

Guigui : Give me my necklace back!

Guigui tried to steal it back from Hebe’s hand, but she couldn’t. Han blocked her from stealing it back from Hebe.

Hebe : Oooh, how sweet! Well now, you can say good bye to this thing!

Hebe threw the necklace away into the water. The waves washed it away and pulled the necklace into the sea. It was gone.

Hebe pushed Guigui to the ground before she left with Han.

Guigui : Noooooooo! (Cry) I--

At first, Guigui hesitated whether or not she would get into the water to find the necklace. But in the end, she decided to go into the water to find the necklace as it was so precious for her.

*Guigui’s POV*
“Noooooo! I--“ I hesitated to go into the water at first. I’m afraid of water. But in the end, I decided to go into the water.

I walked further and further. I kept my hand searching for the necklace, but I couldn’t seem to find it. The waves were too strong. They kept hitting me really hard.

It can’t be gone. It was Aaron’s first present for me. It’s the only one. Where is it? I can’t find it. I started to cry. I have to find it.

Crap. The waves were getting stronger. I could see myself was now too far away from the shore. I could feel the waves pulled me into the ocean, made me drowned into the water. Oh God! I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t swim. What to do?

I could barely see the surface. I started to drown deeper and deeper. Suddenly, the memory of my past recalled back.

~Flashback~
The five years old me, Guigui was playing along the river with Chun ge, Jason ge, and Jiro ge. We were catching small fish using a basket. They told me to be careful. I sat on a rock. I could feel the water touching my feet.

I swung my basket to catch the fish. But I slipped. I fell into the river. I couldn’t reach the bottom of the river. It was either the river was too deep or I was too small. My brother and cousins were too far away. I screamed for help. I started to drown into the water slowly.

I could see them running towards me and were screaming for help. Suddenly, I out and did not remember anything. After that, I remembered my grandma and mom were crying, hugging me tightly.
~End of Flashback~

Will I die? No! I will have to find my necklace first. But, I can’t breathe anymore. Aaron, save me! Suddenly, everything went black.
*END of Guigui’s POV*

Wangzi, Calvin, Xiao Xun, and Qiaoqiao just left the beach house and were walking towards the beach together. They saw Guigui from afar. They saw Hebe and Han just left Guigui. They saw Guigui ran towards the water.

Xiao Xun : (Shouted) GUIGUI!

Guigui did not hear that. She was too far away.

Calvin : Eh! What is she doing?

Xiao Xun : This is not right. She would never go into the water.

Qiaoqiao : Why? What’s wrong?

Xiao Xun : She’s afraid of water. She drowned in the river when she was a kid. She can’t swim!

Wangzi : W-what?

Wangzi ran as fast as he could towards Guigui. Calvin, Qiaoqiao, and Xiao Xun ran behind him.

Guigui was already drowned. Wangzi ran into the water. He swam towards Guigui. Calvin also ran into the water.

Wangzi managed to get Guigui. He pulled Guigui to the surface. She was unconscious. Wangzi held Guigui and swam back to the shores. Calvin was right behind him. Wangzi managed to get to the shores. He carried Guigui in wedding style further from the water. Qiaoqiao and Xiao Xun ran towards them.

Qiaoqiao and Xiao Xun : Guigui! Guigui!

Wangzi laid Guigui on the ground. She was unconscious.

Xiao Xun : Oh no! What to do?

Qiaoqiao : How did this happen? (Sob) Guigui!

Everybody panicked. Wangzi tried to calm down.

Wangzi : Calm down you guys!

Calvin : Babe, it’s okay.

Calvin held Qiaoqiao’s hands.

Wangzi tilted Guigui’s head trying to hear her breathing. Then he started to do CPR. He pinched Guigui’s nose and covered with his, then he started to blow inside . Then he put his hands on Guigui’s chest and pumped his hands on it. He did the steps for several times until Guigui started coughing out water from .

Guigui coughed. Water came out from .

Xiao Xun looked at Guigui with teary eyes.

Xiao Xun : Guigui!

Meanwhile, not far away from the scene, Aaron was standing as he watched what happened to Guigui. He actually watched the whole incident.

Hebe was beside Aaron.

Aaron : (Turned to Hebe) Are you happy now?

Hebe did not answer. She hooked her hands in Aaron’s arm.

Back to Guigui,
Wangzi hugged Guigui soon after she gained conscious.

Wangzi : You scared me to death!

Guigui cried in Wangzi’s arms. She could not help her tears from coming down her cheeks. Her friends watched her crying.

Qiaoqiao : Guigui, I was scared to death. Are you okay now?

Guigui nodded. She was still in Wangzi’s arms, crying.