Chapter 32

Come Closer

 

Six years had passed. Aaron had not seen Guigui for the last six years. He had missed her. He wanted to see her. He wanted to hug her. He regretted the things he had done in the past. But past was just the past. There was nothing he could do to change the past.

Aaron was lying on his bed when suddenly the memory when Guigui left recalled.

~Flashback~
Calvin drove very fast. They were finally arrived at the airport. Calvin stopped the car in front of the airport gate.

Aaron opened the door and jumped out of the car. He ran as fast as he could towards the International departure terminal. He ran until he saw Yatou and the others. He ran up to them.

Yatou saw Aaron running up to them, panting.

Yatou : Aaron…

Qiaoqiao was crying. She hit Aaron.

Qiaoqiao : Fool! You’re too late. Guigui’s gone.

Aaron looked at the girls. He shook his head.

Aaron : No, No. She can’t be.

Wuchun patted Aaron’s back. Wuchun had always liked Aaron for Guigui.

Wuchun : I’m sorry, Aaron.
~End of Flashback~

If only he was fast enough to stop the wedding, If only he had told Guigui how much he loved her, Guigui would not have left. None of these would have happened.

Yes. It was true that he wanted to go after Guigui to the States. But his parents weren’t wealthy enough to send him there. He was not from a wealthy family after all. Not that his parents could not afford the money to go to the States, it was just Aaron’s family had a big expense.

For the last six years, Guigui had not come back. She had missed Aaron. She did not realize how much Aaron had missed her as well. She did not know that Aaron did not get married in the end. No one had told her. She had lost contact with her friends.

Guigui had been keeping herself busy. She wanted to move on. It was so hard to move on from Aaron. Aaron was her first love after all. Guigui had loved Aaron very dearly in the past. No one could blame her for being busy and stuff. She had been hurt. She just wanted to move on.

Guigui was now 22 and Aaron was 24.

Aaron still loved Guigui. Aaron could not lie to himself. His heart had always belonged to Guigui. He had never once forgotten about Guigui.

Aaron came out from his room. There was a small welcoming party in his house.

??? : Yan Ya Lun!

A girl approached Aaron and hugged him upon seeing him. Aaron hugged back.

??? : I miss you.

Aaron : Reen Yu! I miss you, too!

It was Reen Yu, Aaron’s cousin who moved to the States when Aaron was 16 years old.

{A/N : OK I KNOW IT’S LAME TO MAKE REEN YU AS AARON’S COUSIN. I just couldn’t think of anyone else. LOL}

Reen : I know. It’s been eight years, isn’t it?

They both pulled from the hug. Aaron looked at Reen. She was like his little sister because Aaron was one year older than her.

Aaron : Glad that you’re finally here.

Reen nodded.

The house was pretty crowded. Aaron’s parents were busy talking with Reen’s parents. Danson was busy eating while Aaron was busy talking to Reen.

Aaron : So, how was the States?

Aaron and Reen walked towards a couch and sat on there.

Reen : Was okay. I got a hard time making friends at first. But I got plenty of friends eventually.

Aaron : I’m glad.

Reen ; Bye the way, I’m getting married.

Aaron’s eyes widened.

Aaron : M-married? What? Are you going to get married before me?

Reen giggled.

Reen : Aiyo, I could not help it. My boyfriend proposed. (smiled) I’m very happy about it.

Aaron : Who is this guy?

Reen : He’s a Taiwanese guy that I met in the States.

Aaron : He’d better take care of you. Does that mean you’re going to stay in Taiwan for good?

Reen nodded.

Reen : Yes. We’re going to stay in Taiwan for good.

Aaron : tell me more about him.

Reen : Actually, I planned to introduce you guys to each other tomorrow. You’ll have a chance to see him in person.

Aaron : Hao.

Reen : Plus, he has a cute little sister who is one year younger than me. Well not really a sister. They’re cousins. And she’s my best friend in the States. She’s very cute and a very good girl. Who knows… *coughs* you might like her?

Reen giggled. She had been very close to Aaron when she was younger.

Aaron : Eh! What does that suppose to mean? Is this a match-making event?

Reen : Aiyo, I was just kidding. She’s getting married, too.

-----------

The next day, Aaron came to a restaurant. Reen had made the reservation. Reen was already there when he came.

Reen : Ya Lun!!

Reen shouted for Aaron when she saw him. Reen had always called Aaron by Ya Lun.

Aaron walked towards the table where Reen was sitting. He gave Reen a hug then took a seat.

Aaron : You’re alone. Where’s your fiancée?

Reen : He’s coming with his sister.

While waiting, Reen talked about her best friend to Aaron.

Aaron laughed and smiled upon hearing some funny stories about Reen’s best friend. Reen also told Aaron about her best friend’s love story.

Aaron : This best friend of yours is so naïve.

Reen : Her name is Even.

Aaron : Hao hao. Even is so naïve.

Reen : She is.

Aaron : I suppose you are very close with her.

Reen : Of course. She’s such a good friend. I love her.

Aaron smiled.

Just then, a guy and a girl came. The girl was wearing sunglasses, so was the guy. They walked closer towards Reen and Aaron.

Reen stood up and walked up to the guy. Reen gave the guy a warm hug. He kissed Reen’s forehead. Then Reen hugged the girl. Aaron did not see because he was slurping his drink.

Reen : What took you guys so long? I’ve been waiting like forever. Good thing my cousin is here.

??? : Eh! Blame your fiancée. It took him forever to dress up.

Aaron’s thought : This voice.. it can’t be…

Aaron got all shocked upon hearing the voice. He stood up from his seat and turned to see who it was.

Aaron : Guigui?

Oh my god. It was Guigui. She looked a lot different. Six years had turned her into a pretty lady. Her body was in a good shape. Her style had changed. She looked very hot.

Guigui took off her shades.

Guigui : A-Aaron..

Aaron stared at Guigui. He knew he had missed her very much. He wanted to hug and kiss her right at this moment.

Reen : You guys know each other?

Guigui : Uhm, he-- h-he w-was my classmate in high school.

Aaron’s thought : Class mate?

Reen : Oh. But you look so nervous, Even.

Guigui : Nothing. So he’s Ya Lun?

Reen nodded.

Aaron kept staring at Guigui. Guigui tried to avoid Aaron’s eyes. She did not want to look at Aaron. She also knew that she had missed him so much.

Reen : Since you guys already know each other, then I should introduce Ya Lun to Jason.

Jason : There’s no need. I already know him.

Jason looked at Aaron who was still staring at Guigui.

*Aaron’s POV*
I could not take this anymore. After six years, I got to see her. I missed her. I missed Guigui. She was really pretty now. I wanted to hug her.

I walked up to her and was about to grabbed her hand when,

“MOMMYY!!” a little boy about four-five years old ran up to her. Guigui carried the boy in her arms and kissed his forehead.

My eyes widened. Mommy? He can’t be Guigui’s son, can he? But in six years, anything could happen. No, No, No, I did not want to think about it. Guigui could not have had a son in six years. She loved me. Yes, she loves me.

“Alvin, have you been a god boy?” Guigui asked the boy, smiling. The boy nodded. “Good” She said.

A guy walked towards us. He was smiling. I would say he had a good body like an athlete would do. He stood beside Guigui and kissed Guigui’s forehead then he put his arm around Guigui’s waist.

What was this? My heart felt like breaking into pieces. I remembered Reen said her best friend was getting married. It couldn’t be true, could it? Guigui finally moved on. She moved on when I was still deeply in love with her.

“Alvin, don’t be too spoil to mommy.” The guy said.

“It’s ok Taeyang.” Guigui said.

So, that was his name. I admit he and Guigui looked good together. But why did I have to witness this? Guigui had a child. And there was this guy. Oh, I’m going crazy any time now.

“Hao, since everyone is here. Let’s start ordering food.” Reen said as we all took a sit. Alvin, the little boy sat next to Guigui.

I sat the opposite from Guigui. I could see her face clearly. Oh God, she was really pretty. I felt like a stupid guy who rejected an angel from heaven. I was stupid. How could I do that?

I kept staring at her. I could not take my eyes from Guigui. She was really gorgeous. She looked very happy with the guy and that little boy. How I wish that guy was me. If only I had a second chance…
*End of Aaron’s POV*

=================================================================================

I make Taeyang's appearance because I like him LOL!

Aaron had always hurt Guigui. So it's now Guigui's turn to hurt Aaron. HAHA I'm just too EVIL.