Chapter 22

Come Closer

 

The students from Roxy High and Golden High had arrived in Jeju Island, South Korea. They went straight to the beach house where they would stay for a week. Every person got his/her own room.

Guigui was in her room, talking to Wuchun over the phone.

Wuchun : Meimei, did you drink your medicine already?

Guigui : Not yet.

Wuchun : Remember doctor told you to consume your iron once a day. I don’t want anything happens to my meimei there.

Guigui : Hao le, I know.

Wuchun : Then, take care. Be a good girl. I love you, mei.

Guigui : Love you too Ge. (Hung up)

Guigui went out to take a walk along the beach. She was alone. She felt the sea breeze all over her body.

Guigui : Huaaaaah! This feels so good.

She kept walking and saw Aaron stood at the seaside facing the seashore. She ran up to Aaron.

Guigui : Aaron, Aaron.. (Smiled)

Guigui stood nexto to Aaron. Aaron looked at Guigui then looked back to the seashore. He did not smile nor talk.

Guigui : Did something happen? You’ve been acting so cold.

Guigui pouted

Aaron did not answer.

Guigui : Eh, I’m talking to you.

Aaron : Gui..

Guigui : Yes?

Aaron : Let’s break up.

Guigui : W-what d-did you just say?

Aaron : I’m breaking up with you.

Guigui : He-he it’s not funny. You’re not serious, are you?

Aaron : I am.

Guigui : What are you talking about? You’ve promised you won’t leave me.

Aaron was still looking at the seashore. He did not dare to look at Guigui.

Aaron : I thought I was in love with you, but I don’t think I am.

Guigui wanted to cry, but she held her tears. She turned Aaron to face her.

Guigui : Look into my eyes and tell me that you don’t love me.

Aaron did not want to look into Guigui’s eyes. Guigui kept staring at him.

Guigui : Look into my eyes!

Aaron : I’m tired playing with you. I’m tired of your childishness and spoil attitude. I just want to end this.

Guigui started having teary eyes.

Guigui : (Sob) Did you really mean that?

Aaron did not answer. Just then, Hebe came towards them. She pushed Guigui to the ground. Guigui fell onto the beach ground. Aaron did not even dare to look at her and help her.

Hebe : Go away! Aaron doesn’t want you. He’s mine. In this battle, I’m the winner.

Guigui looked at Aaron who turned his face away, not wanting to look at Guigui.

Guigui : A-Aaron, tell me it was just a joke. (Sob)

Aaron : It was not. I don’t love you, just accept it.

Guigui : I don’t believe you.

Aaron : Hao, I’ll prove it to you.

Aaron grabbed Hebe and pulled her into his embrace then kissed Hebe on the lips.
Tears started rolling down Guigui’s cheeks. She ran away, crying.
Qiaoqiao was taking a walk along the beach by herself. To her surprise, she saw what Aaron just did. Guigui ran away passing Qiaoqiao, crying.

Qiaoqiao : Guigui!!

Guigui did not answer. Tears kept coming down. She kept running.
Qiaoqiao walked towards Aaron and Hebe. She pulled Aaron from Hebe.

Qiaoqiao : Aaron, what the hell did you just do?

Aaron : Qiao, I already broke up with Guigui.

Qiaoqiao : How could you break up with Guigui just for some girl like her (Pointed at Hebe)?

Hebe : Eh! You don’t know who I am. I’m not just some girl.

Aaron : It’s over between me and her.

Qiaoqiao slapped Aaron.

Qiaoqiao : Watch what you’re doing! Don’t regret it later on! (Ran away)

Qiaoqiao went back to the beach house, trying to find Guigui. She ran up to the girls.

Qiaoqiao : Did you guys see Guigui?

Tongtong shook her head.

Xiao Xun : The last time I saw her, she was in her room.

Then Qiaoqiao told the girls about what happened to Guigui and Aaron.
It was in the evening. Guigui had not come back to the beach house. Everybody just had dinner together. Guigui was not there.
Wangzi, Ahben, Calvin, Qiaoqiao, Tongtong, Xiao Xun, and Mini were gathering in the backyard of the beach house.

Wangzi : Tongtong, where’s Guigui?

Tongtong : I don’t know. She has not come back since noon. Errr….

Calvin : Right. I haven’t seen her since we arrived here.

The girls couldn’t help it anymore. They told the boys about Guigui and Aaron breaking up and about Aaron kissed Hebe right in front of Guigui.

Wangzi : This Aaron… What exactly does he want, playing with Guigui’s heart?

Calvin : Eh bro, calm down.

Mini : Guys, let’s go look for Guigui.

All : Hao.

They divided into two groups to find Guigui. They walked along the beach.

Meanwhile, Guigui was sitting under a coconut tree somewhere not far away from the beach house. Someone came and sat next to her.

??? : What are you doing here all alone?

Guigui : (Shocked) M-Mike. What are you doing here?

Mike : (Smiled) Eh, I asked you first.

Guigui : Err, nothing. Just thinking. How about you?

Mike : Same here. I need some fresh air. I didn’t see you at dinner earlier.

Guigui : Oh. I just wanted to be alone. (Sighed)

Mike : It’s very cold in here. Here wear this.

Mike took off his jacket and put it around Guigui’s body.

Guigui : Thanks.

Mike : Did you just cry? Your eyes are swollen. (Chuckled)

Guigui : Eh! It’s not funny.

Meanwhile, Wangzi, Calvin, and Ahben were looking for Guigui. They saw Aaron was standing alone at the seaside.

Wangzi : AARON.

Wangzi, Calvin, and Ahben walked up to Aaron. Wangzi couldn’t hold his anger anymore. He wanted to punch Aaron so bad. He was about to hit Aaron, but Calvin held onto him.

Calvin : Hold it, bro!

Calvin walked up to Aaron instead and punched Aaron on the face, making Aaron fell on the ground then he grabbed Aaron’s collar and punched him one more time.

Calvin : Guigui might not be as hot as Hebe, but she is a nice girl and she loves you dearly. She’s like a sister to me. Though you are my best friend, I couldn’t believe you would do such thing.

Aaron stood up and touched his face. He did not say anything. He smirked.

Wangzi : You’ve promised that you would treasure her. What the hell were you thinking?

Wangzi came up to Aaron and gave him another punch on the face.

Ahben held onto Wangzi.

Ahben : Eh bro, he had enough.

Both Calvin and Wangzi glared at Aaron before they left. Ahben followed behind Calvin and Wangzi, leaving Aaron alone.

Aaron’s thought : What did I do…

Aaron screamed facing the seashore.

Aaron : AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Wangzi, Calvin, Ahben, Qiaoqiao, Tongtong, Xiao Xun, and Mini couldn’t find Guigui. They went back to the beach house. They waited in the living room. Suddenly, Guigui came back. She was with Mike.
The girls walked up to Guigui.

Xiao Xun : Gui, where were you? We’ve been looking for you.

Guigui : I… I took a walk for a bit.

Tongtong : Guigui, you were gone this noon and came back this late. It’s not a bit.

Calvin : Gui, you okay?

Guigui forced a smile.

Guigui : Of course I’m okay. Why won’t I be okay?

Wangzi : Gui, you look so pale. Have you eaten anything?

Guigui shook her head.

Qiaoqiao : Gui, go to your room. We’ll bring you food to your room. Let’s go girls.

The girls went to the kitchen.

Wangzi : Gui, I’ll take you to your room.

Guigui turned to Mike.

Guigui : Thank you for earlier. (Smiled)

Mike : My pleasure. Don’t be sad, okay?

Guigui nodded.

Wangzi held Guigui's arms and helped Guigui walk to her room. Calvin and Ahben followed behind.