Chapter 30

Come Closer

 

At school, it was break time. Guigui was sitting with Yatou, Tongtong, Mini, and Xiao Xun in the school garden.

Girls except Guigui : W-WHAT?

Guigui : Shhh..

Yatou : Gui, you can’t be serious. Can you?

Tongtong : Gui, we still have one more year before we graduate from High School. Yo---

Guigui nodded.

Guigui : I know. It’s my choice and I’m serious about it.

Xiao Xun : But, why? You really love your friends here. I’m sure there must be a reason.

Guigui shook her head.

Guigui : It’s just me. Guys, I’m telling you in advance because I want to spend more times with you before I’m going.

Xiao Xun : When are you leaving?

Guigui : next month. Right after our school year ended.

Tongtong : That’s too fast!

Guigui : That’s why I’m telling you in advance. (Smiled)

Mini : Are you coming back?

Guigui : I’m not sure. I might.

Mini : Gui, I’m going to miss you really bad (Sob)

Yatou : Me too.

Guigui : I’m going to miss you girls, too.

The girls pulled into a big hug.

---------------------------------

Aaron’s parents and Hebe’s parents had met. They agreed to have the wedding in a month after school year ended. It was the same time when Guigui would leave for the States. They agreed that the wedding would be only a church wedding with only family and close friends. They wedding party would be thrown once Aaron and Hebe graduated from High School.

Aaron’s parents still convinced Aaron to follow his heart. For some reason, Aaron just didn’t.

At school, Guigui was sitting on a bench in front of the class. Aaron came and took a sit beside her.

Aaron : Gui.

Guigui : Oh hey.

Aaron : How is it going?

Guigui : Good.

Aaron : You look skinnier. Have you been eating properly?

Guigui : Really? I eat a lot. (Grinned)

And there was silence.

Aaron/Guigui : I--

Aaron and Guigui giggled.

Aaron : You first.

Guigui : No, you first.

Aaron : You.

Guigui : No! YOU.

Aaron : Fine! Err..

Aaron’s thought : How should I say it?

Aaron took a deep breath.

Aaron : I’m getting married.

Guigui : Really? Well, congratulations!

Guigui felt pain. She wanted to cry, but for some reason she just couldn’t.

Aaron : I-- I just want to tell you by myself because we had past.

Guigui : Thank you. I will give you my blessing. When are you getting married?

Aaron : Next month, after school year ended.

Guigui : So fast.

Aaron : It’s your turn.

Guigui’s thought : I was going to tell him that I’m going to the States. But..

Guigui : I forgot. (Smiled) Uhm, I’ll go back to class.

Guigui stood up from the bench and was about to walk, but Aaron held her hand. Guigui paused.

Aaron : Gui, I--

Guigui turned her head to see Aaron.

Guigui : Yes?

Aaron : Nothing.

Aaron pulled his hand. Guigui walked away. Aaron watched as Guigui walked into the class.

Aaron’s thought : You have no idea how much I miss you. How much I want to hug you. I miss you, pumpkin.

A month had passed. It was now the last day of school before Summer Break. It was also almost the time for Guigui to move to the States and the time Aaron got married.

Guigui and the girls decided to hang out after school since Guigui would be leaving in two days. Qiaoqiao joined them as well.
Just when the girls walked out the school gate, Aaron, Wangzi, Calvin, and Ahben approached them.

Calvin : Where are you girls going?

Qiaoqiao : We’re going to the amusement park then we’re going to eat. Do you want to come, babe?

Calvin : Can my boys join then?

Tongtong : Of course. The more the merrier.

Then they went to the amusement park. Wangzi walked beside Guigui. He knew Guigui loved going to the amusement park. It was the third time he went to the amusement park with Guigui, except that now they went to amusement park with some friends.

Tongtong : Eh guys, let’s ride that roller coaster. (Pointed at a roller coaster)

Guigui : Wow! Are you sure, Tongtong? I mean that sure looks scary.

Ahben : Guigui, don’t tell me that you’re scared.

Guigui : Who said so? Let’s go then let’s go!

Guigui walked towards the entrance to the roller coaster. The others followed behind.

They were about to get in the roller coaster.

Mini : Xiao Xun, ride with me.

Xiao Xun : Hao.

Ahben grabbed Wangzi and dragged Wangzi to sit with him.

Guigui : Yatou, can we--

Tongtong already grabbed Yatou’s hand.

Tongtong : She’s with me.

Yatou : Sorry Gui. (giggled)

Guigui looked at Qiaoqiao. Calvin put his hand around Qiao’s waist.

Calvin : Babe, I know you’re scared. I’ll be sitting next to you.

Guigui’s thought : These evil friends. I just know what you’re planning!

Guigui pouted.

Aaron walked up to Guigui.

Aaron : They’re leaving you with no choice but me.

Guigui : I guess so.

They all were already sitting on the roller coaster. It was about to start.

Aaron held Guigui’s hand.

Aaron : I know you’re scared. You can hold my hand.

Guigui smiled.

Guigui’s thought : Why are you so caring? You’re really making it hard on me.

They had enough time at the amusement park. They also had dinner together. It was now time to go home. The others had left, except Guigui, Yatou, Aaron, Wangzi, and Ahben.

Guigui : Yatou, let’s go home now.

Yatou : Gui, I’m sorry. I promised to meet Ahwei at the park in 10 minutes.

Guigui : Hao la! Have fun!

Yatou : Bye guys.

Yatou left Guigui and the others.

Wangzi : Gui, I would like to send you home but Ahben and I have things to do. I guess Aaron can send you home.

Ahben : What things? I’m free.

Wangzi hit Ahben’s head.

Wangzi : That thing! How could you forget? Idiot!

Wangzi dragged Ahben to go with him and gave Aaron the “It’s your chance” look. Aaron smiled.

Aaron and Guigui walked together. There was only silence while they were walking. They almost reached Guigui’s house. Guigui started to break the silence.

Guigui : So, you’re getting married in two days huh? Are you nervous?

Aaron did not answer. He did not know how to answer such questions. He wanted to be with Guigui. He knew he loved her. He knew he was so stupid to let her go.

Suddenly, Aaron stopped, turned to Guigui, and pulled her into his embrace. He hugged Guigui tightly.

Guigui : Aaron.

Aaron : Don’t talk. Let’s stay like this for a while.

Tears were coming down Guigui’s cheeks, making Aaron’s shirt wet with her tears. Aaron realized Guigui was crying. He pulled from the hug and touched Guigui’s face.

Aaron : Why are you crying?

Guigui : I…

Aaron wiped off Guigui’s tears.

Guigui : You’re such an idiot. I’m trying really hard to move on. But why are you always acting like you care about me? Don’t you know it’s really hard on me to get over you?

Aaron : Gui…

Guigui : Tell me, what do I have to do? You love me, don’t you? (Cry)

Guigui looked into Aaron’e eyes. She knew Aaron loved her so much. She wanted to hear it from Aaron. She waited for Aaron’s answer.

Guigui’s thought : Tell me you love me. I won’t leave for US if you do.

Aaron : I…

Aaron could not say it for some reason. Guigui’s tears kept coming down. Guigui could not take it anymore. She ran away.

Aaron just stood there, puzzled. He clenched his fist and punched the wall.

Aaron : AARON, WHAT THE HELL? WHY CAN’T YOU JUST SAY IT?!? AAAAAAAAAHHH!

=========================================================================

I feel this chapter is a bit lame :(