Chapter 3

Come Closer

 

Working together

By the way this is how the seating in class 201 looks like. (two students each table)
Board
[X] [X] [NN,NN] [X]
[X] [X] [NN,AY] [X]
[X] [X] [AB,WZ] [GG,TT]
[X] [X] [NN,NN] [XX,Mini]
[X] [X] [NN,NN] [X]

________________________________________________________________________________________

*Ding! Ding! Ding!* (Bell's ringing)

Miss Cherry came in
Miss Cherry : I have something to inform you guys. This semester, the principal decided to have competition among all the classes in school. And the competition is to create house miniature. Each class will be represented by eight students. So, anyone interested?

Ahben raised his hand

Ahben : Miss Cherry. I’m in!

Miss Cherry : Ok. Seven more.

Ahben nudged Wangzi who’s sitting next to him. Wangzi turned to Ahben and gave him a “what do you want” look. Ahben gave Wangzi a “join with me” look. Wangzi got what Ahben meant.

Wangzi raise his hand : I’ll join too.

Seeing his two friends joined the competition, Aaron wanted to join as well

Aaron : Count me in teacher!

Miss Cherry : Alright. We need girls here.

Aaron took a look at Guigui. Guigui was talking to Tongtong and did not pay attention to what was going on in the class. Aaron tried whispering Guigui.

Aaron : *Whispers* Psstt! Psst! Pssssssttt! Gui..

Guigui turned to look at Aaron and gave him a “what do you want look”. Aaron signaled Guigui about what was going on in class. He wanted Guigui to join the competition. Guigui did not seem to understand what Aaron was signaling to her. She shouted.

Guigui : WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Guigui’s thought : Oops!

Everybody turned to Guigui. Aaron giggled.

Miss Cherry : Uhm Guigui. Do you want to join?

Aaron : Yes! Let Guigui join the competition, Miss Cherry!

Guigui : Huh.. Alright?

Tongtong : Then I want to join too.

Xiao Xun and Mini : Me too!

Miss Cherry : Good. 4 girls and 3 boys already. 1 more person. Anyone?

Someone raised his hand

??? : I’ll join the competition

Miss Cherry : Alright Xiao Yu. Then it’s settled. The eight of you will be representing our class to compete other classes. You guys have 2 months to build the miniature. By the way, the winner of the competition will get a trip to the beach for 2 days for the whole class. So, I wish you guys best luck and get us the trip to the beach (Grinned)
_____________________________________________________________________

Five weeks have passed. Eight students from class 201 had already started their miniature project. Wangzi’s house has become the place where they’re doing the project. Wangzi’s house looked like a mess. Paint was everywhere. There’s three more weeks to finish the project.

Wangzi’s house…

Ahben : Food’s here.

Ahben and Tongtong just came from buying food for their friends who look exhausted from doing the project.

Guigui : Food.. Yayy! (runs to get the food from Tongtong)

Aaron mumbles : What a fatty!

Guigui : Excuse me? What did you say?

Aaron : I said WHAT A fATTY!

Guigui pouted : Hufffffff!

Eight of them stopped everything they were doing and went to the table to have dinner together. After dinner, they realized it was already late. They decided to go home. Ahben is going to take Tongtong home. Wangzi is going to send Xiao Xun home. Xiao Yu will send Mini home. Aaron and Guigui are going together. Aaron lives one block from Guigui’s house. So, Aaron and Guigui always come and go to Wagzi’s house together.

Mini : I’ll see you guys tomorrow. Bye

All except Xiao Yu : Bye Mini.

On the way home, Aaron and Guigui were walking together to Guigui’s house..

Guigui : Aaron

Aaron : What is it my darling?

Guigui hits Aaron’s head : Call me that and I swear I’m telling Qiaoqiao that you always flirt.

Aaron giggled

Guigui : Anyway I’ve always wanted to ask you something

Aaron : What is it?

Guigui : Do you remember Daya?

Aaron : Yes. I know her. I think I was in the same class with her in 9th grade.

Guigui nodded : That’s right. She confessed to you. She felt sad that you rejected her, so she moved to another school. You didn’t like her?

{Note : Aaron and Guigui went to the same middle school though they were never in the same class. This is the first time they are in the same class. Also grade 1-6=elementary school ; 7-9=middle school ; 10-12=high school in my story}

Aaron : I liked someone else at that time

Guigui : Oh

Aaron : Is that all your reaction?

Guigui : She thought that she had a chance and you liked her because you used to a lot

Aaron : Ey. Do you think I always tease girls because I like them? Silly..

Guigui looked confused and shrugged her shoulders

Aaron : It’s just fun to tease girls. Especially the silly one like you who wouldn’t get mad but crying instead. Ha Ha (laughed)

Guigui pouted and hit Aaron’s arm. They continued walking when suddenly Guigui stopped walking. She sprained her ankle. Aaron noticed Guigui just stopped walking.

Aaron : Gui, What are you stopping for?

Guigui cried : My ankle.. It HURTSSS.

Aaron : GOD! You’re such a baby. Come on.

Aaron squatted his body and signaled Guigui to get on his back.

Guigui : What are you doing?

Aaron : I’ll piggyback you. Come on here.

Guigui jumped on Aaron’s back. They started walking again