Chapter 6

Come Closer

 

Class 202 has come back from the trip to the beach. Aaron was walking home from school. He saw Guigui was also walking home alone. He decided to join her.

Aaron tapped Guigui’s back

Aaron : Xiao Meimei, why are you walking alone?

Guigui : Da Gege (Smiles) because my girlfriends have been very busy lately, so here I am walking home alone

Guigui pouted

Aaron : Why didn’t you tell me? We can go home together since we live close by (Pats Guigui’s head)

Guigui : Hao. It’s boring anyway walking all alone

Aaon saw a new café had just opened

Aaron : Gui, are you hungry?

Guigui nodded

Aaron held Guigui’s hand and dragged her to the new café

Aaron : Let’s go eat!

They were now in front of the café
Guigui looked at the sign and read it

Guigui : ALIEN CAFÉ. What a nice name?

Then Guigui realized Aaron was still holding her hand. She released it. Aaron noticed

Aaron : Why? Can’t I hold your hand?

Guigui : People might mistake you as my boyfriend. I’m still single. I don’t want other boys think that I’m already taken

Aaron : I was nice enough to hold your hand. Besides I have to protect you from ert boys. You’re like my sister. I feel like I have to protect you.

Guigui : Aaron.. (Looks at Aaron)

Aaron and Guigui walked into the café, took seats, and ordered food. Food came. They started to eat. Guigui took all the vegetables on her plate and placed it on another plate. Aaron noticed what Guigui was doing.

Aaron : Gui, why are you separating your vegetables?

Guigui : Because I don’t like eating vegetables.

Aaron : That explains why you have anemic. Eat you veggies!

Guigui : I don’t want to

Aaron : Eat them or I won’t take you home.

Guigui pouted

Guigui : Fine! I’ll eat it

Suddenly, Aaron’s phone rang. Aaron stood up and answered the phone.

Aaron : Wei..

While Aaron was talking on the phone. Guigui tried to hide the vegetables under her plate.

Aaron hung up the phone

Guigui : I’m done eating. See! I finished everything

Aaron lifted up Guigui’s plate. He stared at the veggies

Aaron : What’s this Gui?

Guigui didn’t know what to say : Errr.. I… Eeerr..

Guigui’s thought : I’m busted

Guigui : How did you know I hid it there?

Aaron : Magic! (Giggles)

[Guigui’s house]
Guigui knocked on Meimei’s room

Knock Knock

Meimei : come in

Guigui opened the door

Guigui put on a big smile on her face : Mei,I’m bored

Meimei looked at Guigui : I’ve never seen a person who feels bored can smile like that

Guigui : hehe

Meimei teased Guigui : Did something happen between you and Aaron?

Guigui scratched her head then shook her head

Guigui : No

Meimei giggled

Meimei : Because you always look for me whenever Aaron teased you or did something that makes you mushy, sad, happy, and blablabla

Guigui : It’s because I like him as a brother. I like it when he cares about me somehow. You know I haven’t seen my Gege for 3 years now. I think Aaron resembles Gege a lot.

Meimei : So, you and Aaron are now having a brother-sister relationship?

Guigui : Kinda. He treats me like a little sister.

Meimei : Be aware! You might fall in love with Aaron someday. Don’t blame me for not warning you!

Guigui : Is that possible?

Meimei : Of course. Guigui, you’re so naïve (Pats Guigui’s head)

[Roxy High ; School’s entrance]
Aaron was meeting Guigui at school’s entrance

Aaron tapped Guigui’s back

Aaron : Gui, today is Ahben and Wangzi’s basketball competition. Do you want to watch?

Guigui nodded

Guigui : Of course. Yatou will be there too. She will be cheerleading for our school’s basketball team (Smiles)

Calvin, Qiaoqiao, and Jolin were coming towards Aaron and Guigui.
Qiaoqiao hugged Aaron and put her arms around Aaron’s body.
Guigui put her head down.

Calvin : Aaron, you’re going to the basketball stadium. Aren’t you?

Aaron : Yeah

Calvin : Let’s go together

[Stadium]
Five of them walked into the stadium. Guigui saw Yatou. She jumped happily and called Yatou.

Guigui : YATOU! (ran towards Yatou)

Yatou turned. She saw Guigui was running towards her. Yatou hugged Guigui. Guigui hugged her back. The others followed Guigui and walked towards Guigui and Yatou.

Guigui : Wow you look y in cheer uniform (Smiles)

Wangzi and Ahben were walking towards Guigui and the rest.

Guigui : Wangzi! Ahben!

Ahben put up his hand and high fived with Guigui

Guigui : Good luck you guys (Smiles)

Wangzi smiled back at Guigui

Aaron and Calvin : Good luck brothers (Aaron put his arm on Wangzi’s shoulder)

Wangzi and Ahben walked away and joined the rest of the basketball players. They were getting ready to hit the court. Yatou also went back to her cheerleading team while Guigui, Aaron, Calvin, Qiaoqiao, and Jolin went to find seats.
The game has started. Guigui, Aaron, and Calvin kept yelling to support their school’s team while Qiaoqiao and Jolin did not seem to enjoy the game.

Guigui, Aaron, and Calvin yelled : “DEFEND! DEFEND!”

Second quarter just started. Qiaoqiao and Jolin decided to go home. Qiaoqiao hugged and kissed Aaron before she left with Jolin.
It was fourth quarter now. Roxy High was winning 72-59. Wangzi scored almost half of it. Six minutes left before the game ended.

Meanwhile in players seating, someone from audience seating threw an empty bottle water to one of Roxy High’s players and hit his head.
??? : Hey, who did that?

Ahben who was not playing at the time noticed

Ahben : Who did what, Ao Quan?

Ao Quan lifted the bottle water and showed it to Ahben

Ao Quan : Someone threw this

Ao Quan and Ahben looked back towards the audience seating. A guy stared at Ahben and Ao Quan. They supposed it was the guy who threw the bottle. Ao Quan decided to just let it go. Another bottle was thrown again to Ao Quan.

Ao Quan looked back and decided to confront the guy

Ao Quan : What do you want?

Guy : Your school

Ao Quan : We at losing. Jealous?

The guy spitted at Ao Quan

Ao Quan got mad

Ao Quan : What the Hell..

Ao Quan was about to hit the guy. Ahben saw it and blocked Ao Quan from doing so.

Ahben : Ao Quan! We can’t fight here.

The coach saw what was happening and told Ao Quan to just ignore them. Ao Quan got back to his seat.

Meanwhile…
Guigui : 5.. 4… 3.. 2.. 1..

*Toooooooottt*
It was 9 in the evening. The game has ended.

Guigui jumped happily. Roxy High won by 93-78. Guigui, Aaron, and Calvin decided to meet up with Ahben, Wangzi, Yatou, and the rest of the team. Apparently, Yatou had already left with the cheerleading team. Guigui had to stay with Aaron, Calvin, and the basketball players.

Calvin : That was a very nice game to watch

Guigui turned to Wangzi

Guigui : Wangzi, you were awesome! (Smiles and pokes Wangzi’s chest)

Wangzi smiled and pat Guigui’s head

The coach and some of the players bid good bye. The other players (Wangzi, Ahben, Ao Quan, Ah Wei, Show) stayed and were having conversation with Guigui, Aaron, and Calvin. An hour had passed. They were still chatting. Apparently, the stadium had to be closed so they decided to go. Although Guigui was the only girl there, she felt very save because 7 guys were with her as if they were her bodyguards.
Eight of them walked out from the stadium. From afar, there were about fifteen guys about the same age stood together. Some of them had either baseball stick or truncheons in their hands. They looked like they wanted to pick a fight. They came towards Aaron and the rest. Ahben felt something was fishy. Guigui started to feel scared.

Ahben : I have a bad feeling here.

Guigui was hiding at Aaron’s back and poked his back.
Guigui : *Whispers* Aaron, I’m scared. They look scary. Are they going do something bad?

Aaron turned his head to see Guigui

Aaron : Don’t worry. I’m here.

Wangzi saw that Guigui felt scared. He walked closer to Guigui and patted her head.

Those fifteen guys were getting closer and closer. Ahben decided to secretly text his friends. One of the fifteen guys started to speak.

Guy 1 : Congratulation to Roxy High for winning.

Ao Quan : YOU!

Ao Quan realized it was the guy who spitted on him

Ao Quan : What do you want from us?

========================================================================================================

Preview:
Guy : Meimei, what's your name?

Aaron lifted up his arm to block the guy from getting closer to Guigui.

Aaron : She doesn't talk to strangers.

_________________________________________________

What will happen?