Chapter 33

Come Closer

 

Spring break is over. School has started. It might take me a while to update. Sorry.
Hope you like this chapter :D

=======================================================================================================

The lunch went very well. Guigui, Reen, Jason, and Taeyang talked about their memories in the States. Aaron kept pouting because he did not understand what they were talking about. Moreover, Aaron still could not take his eyes from Guigui. He was mesmerized by how pretty Guigui had become.

Alvin was so spoil. He got up from his seat and jumped in to Guigui’s lap.

Alvin : I want to sit with mommy.

Guigui smiled.

Taeyang turned to Alvin and shook his head signaling Alvin to be a good boy.

Guigui : Just let him be.

*Aaron’s POV*
How lucky is the boy. He got to sit in Guigui’s lap. Bad little boy! So spoil. Huh!

What are they talking about? Did they forget about my presence here? Hello, I did not go to the States like you guys did.

I pouted. I took a peek at Guigui once again. Alvin was falling asleep silently. Guigui was caressing Alvin in her arms. She was caring. I bet she loved her son very much. She had changed. I missed her.

“ha-ha-ha I remember that time.” Reen laughed. They were still talking about their times in the States.

“I wish we could go back to that time.” That Taeyang guy said. He placed his arm around Guigui’s shoulder then he kissed Alvin’s head. He looked very caring towards Guigui and the boy. I felt very jealous. How I wish that guy was me and that boy was my son and Guigui.

“So, how long have you guys known each other?” I decided to ask, not wanted to be left out.

“I’ve known Even and Jason since they first moved to the States, about six years. We’ve been best friends since then.” Reen replied as she smiled.

“So, you were Even’s classmate in high school?” Taeyang asked me.

I nodded. “Yeah. She was very ugly back then.” I did not know how those words came out from my mouth.

“EH!” Guigui got mad.

Taeyang chuckled. “It’s only a joke. You are very pretty now.” He said as he leaned his face closer to Guigui and kissed her cheek. What the heck? He did not have to do that, did he?

“Taeyang…” Guigui said as she looked uncomfortable.

“Actually, Aaron and Guigui were da--“ Jason tried to speak but Guigui cut him off.

“Jason ge!” Guigui shouted. Taeyang and Reen looked confused. Then there was an awkward silence.

“Hey, I have an idea!” Reen cut off the awkwardness.

“What is it?” Jason asked.

“Why don’t we all go to my family’s beach house for a few days?” Reen suggested.

“Hey, it’s a good idea. I can spend more time with my son and soon to be wife.” Taeyang looked at Guigui, smiling. Guigui only replied with a smile. So, it was true. She was getting married.

“Aiyo, how selfish!” Reen pouted.

“I was just kidding.” Taeyang chuckled. “I agree. We’ll go. Right Even?” He turned to Guigui.

Guigui nodded. “Sure. I have nothing to do anyway.”

“I’m in.” Jason said.

Reen turned to me, waiting for an answer. I did not know what to say. I wanted to go, too. Guigui would be there. But this Taeyang guy would be there as well. I didn’t want to see their lovey dovey scenes there. I would get jealous if I did.

“I…”

Reen cut off. “Aiyoo, come on. It’ll be fun.” Reen pouted.

“Hao la” I agreed. “I might bring some friends though.” I added. Oh, come on! I did not want to be left out there. Especially there would be two couples. I sighed.

Reen smiled. “okay.”

I turned to look at Guigui. She was looking at me. She quickly turned her face away. Why was she looking at me? Was I that handsome?

The lunch was over. We were going home. We were outside the restaurant now.

Alvin seemed to be awake. He was still in Guigui’s arm. He started to cry.

“Good boy, don’t cry. Shh…” Guigui said.

Taeyang walked up to Guigui and gently pulled Alvin from Guigui. “Be good. Daddy will carry you.”

I could hear Reen mumbled. “What a cute couple.” Her words somehow made my heart aching. I admitted they were cute just now. But I hated to witness it.

Guigui and Taeyang bid good bye. I saw them walking away. Taeyang held Guigui’s hand with his left hand while his right hand was carrying Alvin in his arm. I hated to see it. I did not want to witness it.

Jason also bid good bye. He had things to do in the company. I had to send Reen home.

“I did not expect Guigui to be your best friend.” I said as we were walking. The restaurant wasn’t that far from Reen’s house.

Reen giggled. “It’s such a coincidence. I did not know Even was your classmate in high school. It’s a small world after all.”

“So… was she the one you talked about?” I asked, trying not to sound suspicious.

“Hmm.. which one?”

“Is she getting married?” I failed at trying not to be suspicious.

Reen giggled. “Yes. She’s getting married soon. Taeyang had proposed and she agreed. That was such a cute moment.”

I frowned. It hurt somehow. I could not believe the girl I love was getting married. “I don’t get how they already have a child when they are not married.” I said curiously.

“Aiyo!” Reen tapped my shoulder. “Don’t be such a naïve. These days, it’s normal for a couple to have kids before they got married.”She added.

“huh?” I got confused.

“How do I have such a stupid cousin like you?” She shook her head and walked away.

I sent Reen home and went out to meet the boys at the usual place. I had not seen them for a week.

I came in. Wangzi, Ahben, and Calvin were already there. I took a sit on the couch.

“What’s up bro?” Ahben greeted.

They noticed I had put a long face. They kept asking about what had happened. I could not help myself from telling the truth that I met Guigui. They got all shocked. I told them that Guigui was going to get married soon. I told them that Guigui had a son.

“That little boy is very spoil. I hate to see him. Horrible!!” I got all mad.

Wangzi chuckled. “You can’t be jealous with a little boy, can you?”

Was I jealous with Alvin? He was just a boy. I should say I was more jealous with Taeyang. He was very lucky to have Guigui by his side.

The next day, we went to the beach house together. Wangzi, Calvin, and Ahben could not make it. Good! Now I might have to witness two lovey dovey couples.

We arrived at about 6 pm. We got one room for each person. My room was the opposite from Guigui’s. I went to my room to unpack my clothes.

While unpacking, I still could not stop thinking about Guigui. I still regretted everything. that day, I should have told her how much I loved her. I was such a fool. I missed the chance. Now, I got to witness her with some Taeyang guy. This drove me crazy.

I went out from my room after an hour. I tried to find the others. I saw Jason and Reen were sitting on a swing in the backyard. They were talking. Alvin was with them.

“Hey.” I greeted as I approached them.

Reen stood up. “Oh, thank God you’re here.”

“What happened?” I asked.

“Can you take care of Alvin for a while?”

What? Take care of Alvin? Dayum. “W-what? Why do I have to take care of him?”

“Guigui and Taeyang are going out. They asked me to look for Alvin for a while, but Jason and I had a reservation in a restaurant. And Guigui has not come back yet. Please! Can you help me?” She begged.

Oh puh-lease. So I came here to be a babysitter? “Uh well…”

“Please..” Reen put on puppy eyes.

“Hao le.” I could not refuse for some reason.

Reen and Jason left the beach house, leaving me only with this little guy.

“Uncle, where is mommy?” Alvin asked me. I had to admit his little voice sounded cute.

“Listen, I don’t know where your mommy is. Okay?”

Alvin pouted. He started having teary eyes. Oh my, what to do? I hated to see kid crying.

“How about we play games?” I tried to stop him from crying.

Alvin smiled. “Yes. Can we play horse riding? You can be the horse.”

Say what? “No.”

“Please!” He begged.

“NO!” I shouted.

Alvin started crying. I hated this.

“Hao la! Don’t cry. Let’s play. I’ll be the horse and you can ride on my back.” I said. He stopped crying and smiled.

My life was just too good. I had to be a babysitter for my love’s son while she was having fun with some Taeyang guy. This was just too perfect. Sigh.
*End of Aaron’s POV*