Chapter 35

Come Closer

 

*Guigui’s POV*
We kept walking and talking. Aaron told me about Wangzi and the others. Wangzi was now working at his mother’s boutique store. Calvin was going to propose to Qiaoqiao. And Ahben was still in University like Aaron.

We finally arrived at the beach house. Alvin was sleeping soundly in Aaron’s arm. Alvin was just too cute when he slept. Aaron and I walked into my room. He lied Alvin down on my bed before he left.

I watched as Aaron walked out from my room. I missed him. I had missed him terribly. I wonder if he felt the same way. Oh Guigui, what are you thinking about? It had been six years. There was just no way he still loved you.

I checked on Alvin once again. He was sleeping soundly, his thumb. I sat on the side of the bed.

I held the necklace that Aaron just gave back to me. I stared at it. I remembered I almost died because of this. I remembered the first time Aaron gave this to me. Sweet memories about me and Aaron from the past recalled back. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as those memories flew in my head.
*End of Guigui’s POV*

*Aaron’s POV*
I walked out from Guigui’s room. I sighed. I almost couldn’t control myself. I wanted to hug her. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to feel her touch. I’d missed her. After all these years, I had not been with any other woman. My heart had always belonged to Guigui.

I walked into my room when I heard someone outside. I took a peek from the window. It was Taeyang. He was drunk. I did not bother to walk up to him. It was none of my business that he got drunk. I entered my room and went to bed.

The next day, we were having barbeque in the backyard. It was in the afternoon. Taeyang and Jason were busy barbeque-ing while Guigui and Reen were setting up the tables. They left me once again with the little boy, Alvin. Good Lord! I had to be a babysitter again.

Alvin held my hand, trying to pull me from the chair. “Uncle Horse, let’s play!” He smiled.

“Hao, Hao.” I got up from the chair as Alvin pulled me. He was actually very cute.

I played hide and seek with Alvin. I know it was childish, but it was my job as a ‘babysitter’ to keep him happy. Sigh!

“Gotcha. I found you! I found you!” Alvin shouted as he found where I was hiding. He was very happy.

“Okay. You won again.” I said. Alvin grinned.

“Food is ready.” Jason shouted, cutting our game.

Alvin and I walked towards the table. Jason and Reen were bringing the food to the table.

I did not see Guigui. I tried to find where she was. I finally saw her. She just stepped out from inside the house, bringing some napkins and forks with her. I smiled at her, but she wasn’t looking.

Then I saw Taeyang ran towards her and hugged her from behind. Guigui got shocked. She turned around and smiled at Taeyang. Taeyang placed his hands around Guigui’s waist and gave a light peck on her forehead. That broke my heart. I was jealous. My smile turned into a frown. I looked away. I did not want to see them.

We continued eating at the table. I hated to witness Taeyang and Guigui’s relationship. But I had to wish them the best. I could not be selfish. Guigui must be really happy now. I hoped Taeyang would take good care of her. I wanted her to be happy. I would be happy as long as she was happy.

Barbeque was over. I went to my room after I cleaned everything. I was really tired. I wanted to get some sleep. I lied on my bed. Many things were going on in my mind. I couldn’t sleep. I decided to go out and get some fresh air.

I walked out from the beach house, walking along the shores. I saw a figure was sitting on the sand facing the sea. I recognize her. It was Guigui. She was hugging her legs.

I did not want to come closer. I was afraid that I couldn’t control myself anymore. I hid behind a coconut tree not too far from her, watching her silently. What was she doing there? It was too cold outside here.

“You still love her, don’t you?” Someone tapped my back, got me all shocked.

I turned to see it was Jason. He was smiling at me. “I…” I could not answer for some reason. It’s true. I still love her. I looked back towards where Guigui was.

“She’d tried her best to forget you. I could tell it was very hard on her.” Jason stood beside me, looking towards Guigui as well.

“But I suppose she’s very happy now.” I said.

“How’d you know?”

“Well, she’s getting married, isn’t she?”

Jason giggled. It took him a minute to speak. “I guess I should go back to the house now.” Jason walked away, leaving me alone. I was still silently watching Guigui from afar.

A few minutes later, Guigui stood up and walked inside the beach house. I decided to talk a walk for another few minutes before I went back to the house.

I was walking back to the house when I saw a guy was walking towards the house. He couldn’t see me. I was too far from him. I recognize him. Was that Taeyang? He looked like Taeyang. But what was he doing with a hot chick there?

He looked drunk. I walked closer, but I tried to make sure that he didn’t see me. He was now in front of the house. He pushed the lady onto the wall. He leaned closer and kissed her on the lips. They did not stop kissing. What the heck? Was he cheating on Guigui?

YES! He was cheating on Guigui. How could he… No! I couldn’t let this happen. This guy was actually a jerk. Guigui was really too naïve. I had to confront him.

I walked towards Taeyang. I could tell he was enjoying the kiss. The hell I care? I tapped his back and turned him to face me before I gave him a punch. It was a strong punch. He fell on the ground.

“HEY! What are you doing?” He shouted as he tried to stand.

“What do you think you’re doing? Who’s this girl?” I shouted as I pointed at the lady. I was furious.

“Hey! What happened?” Reen came out rushing. Jason was behind her.

I did not say anything. I walked up to Taeyang and grabbed his collar. I looked into his eyes furiously. I wanted to beat him to death.

“Aaron!” Jason held my hand. He was trying to stop me.

“Ya Lun! What happened to you guys?” Reen was frightened.

“I did not do anything wrong. But he punched me” Taeyang explained.

“Eh, can you guys keep it down? Alvin is sleeping. I’m afraid he…” Guigui came out. She lost her words when she saw me was holding onto Taeyang’s collar. “Aaron, what are you doing?”

Taeyang pushed me. I released my hands from his collar. Taeyang walked up to Guigui and stood beside her.

“I didn’t mean to be loud. I’m sorry.” He turned to Guigui as he placed his hand around Guigui’s shoulder. I felt anger burning inside of me upon seeing that. He acted so innocent in front of Guigui.

I walked up to Taeyang and gave him another punch, making him fall on the ground again.

“Aaron! What are you doing?” Guigui shouted. She was shocked. Guigui walked up to Taeyang, helping him to stand. Taeyang managed to stand.

I pulled Guigui to stay behind me. “Gui, stay there!”

“I don’t know what your problem is!” Taeyang shouted. He did not fight me back. I did not know why.

“Ya Lun, can’t we talk about it nicely? What happened?” Reen asked.

“Aaron, what happened exactly? Why did you hit him?” Guigui asked.

I turned my head a little, so I could see Guigui. “He’s cheating on you.” I said.

“Wh-what?” She asked, confused.

“I saw him kissing a lady. She was here just now. I guess she just left.”

“Aaron, what are you talking about?”

Sigh. Maybe Guigui was just too naïve. I turned around to face her. I held her arms. “Gui, your fiancée is cheating on you!” I explained. “But don’t worry. I won’t let him hurt you. I will protect you. ”

“A-Aaron.. I think you got it wrong.” She said. “Taeyang is not my fiancée.”

“Huh?”

“Yan Ya Lun! Taeyang is not Even’s fiancée.” Reen shouted. I got confused. Didn’t she say it before that they were getting married?

I looked at Taeyang then I turned to Reen. “Reen, what are you talking about? You.. Didn’t you say…” I didn’t get to finish, Reen cut me off.

“I lied! I’m sorry.”

“W-what?” I was really confused now. If Taeyang was not Gui’s fiancée, then… I hit an innocent guy?

“Can you guys explain everything? I’m kinda lost here.” Guigui said.

Reen sighed. Then she continued, “Even, when we were in the States, you would always tell me about your first love. I did not know it was Aaron until two days before we came back to Taiwan. I confirmed it with Jason, and it was true. So, I made up a story to Ya Lun. I told him that you were getting married to Taeyang. I’m sorry.” She explained. Her words got me all shocked. So, she was lying? “Jason, Taeyang, and I played along. We’re really sorry.”

“Why did you do that?” Guigui asked.

“I don’t know. I guess I just know about your feeling towards Ya Lun. I want to reunite you guys. I wanted to know if Ya Lun still loves you, so I asked Taeyang to play along.” Reen explained.

Wait! What did she mean? Guigui’s feeling towards me?

“Reen, what do you mean? How about Alvin? Isn’t Alvin Guigui and Taeyang’s son” I decided to ask.

“Alvin is not Even’s son.” Taeyang explained. “He’s my son. Even was just my girlfriend’s best friend before she died in the labor. She’d taken care of Alvin since then. Alvin took Even as a mom. I admitted I’ve always loved Even ever since my girlfriend died, but she never accepted my love. Her heart has always belonged to someone else.”

Her heart has always belonged to someone else. Could it be…

“Then why do you always give pecks to her when you’re not her fiancée?” I asked curiously.

Taeyang giggled. “Even is like my sister. I used to do that to Reen, too. But she’s getting married now. I can’t give her pecks anymore.”

I turned to face Guigui. She had tears in her eyes. We looked into each other’s eyes. Our eyes were burning.

Guigui ran away.

“Even!” Reen shouted for her.

“Aaron, it’s your chance to get her back. I know you guys still love each other. I trust you this time. Please don’t ever hurt her like you did before.” Jason said. His words encouraged me somehow.

I nodded. I turned to Taeyang. “I’m really sorry I punched you.”

“It’s nothing. Good luck man.” He said.

I ran after Guigui. I wanted to tell her everything. I wanted to tell her how much I love her.
*End of Aaron’s POV*

===================================================================================

I don't like this chapter somehow :(