Chapter 7

Come Closer

 

Ao Quan : What do you want from us?

Guy 1 : Actually, nothing. We just want to play games with you guys. Ha Ha Ha Ha

Show : We are not in the mood to play games. Thanks! Let’s go guys.

They only took a few steps before those fifteen guys blocked them.

Guy 2 : Wow. There’s a girl with you. (Turns to Guigui) Meimei, you’re so cute. What’s your name?

Guigui hid herself at Aaron’s back. She pulled Aaron’s shirt from the back.

Aaron lifted up his right arm to block the guy from getting closer to Guigui.

Aaron : She doesn’t talk to strangers.

Guy 2 : Is that so? Then I think I should introduce myself to this meimei, so we can be friends (Chuckled)

Guigui : *Whispers* Aaron, I’m really scared

Aaron turned his head to see if Guigui was okay at his back. Wangzi walked and stood beside Aaron. Now Guigui was hiding behind Aaron and Wangzi.

Guy 1 turned to Guy 2
Guy 1 : Chris, it’s not the time to flirt

Chris : Jim, can’t you relax a bit?

Aaron turned back his head a little bit and whispered to Guigui
Aaron : *Whispers* When I tell you to, I want you to run as fast as you can and find a safe place to hide. Do you understand?

Guigui : *Whispers* But…

Before Guigui even finished, Aaron added

Aaron : *Whispers* There is no but. Listen to me just this once, okay?

Wangzi also added
Wangzi : *Whispers* Guigui, please listen to Aaron. Trust him.

Aaron : *Whispers* Wait until I tell you to.

Guigui : *Whispers* Then how about you guys?

Wangzi : *Whispers* We’re going to have fun (Smiles)

Guigui nodded. Then she realized Aaron and Wangzi cannot see it.
Guigui : *Whispers* Hao. I understand

Both parties (Aaron’s party and Jim’s party) were staring at each other. They had been staring for the last couple minutes.
Jim : I can’t stand this anymore
Jim ran towards Aaron’s party and got his truncheon ready to hit. Everybody from Jim’s party followed Jim and ran towards Aaron’s party to start the fight.

Aaron turned to Guigui and pushed her
Aaron : Guigui, RUN !

Guigui started running. Show were fighting with two guys. They both had Baseball sticks on their hands. Show tried to hit and kick them. The same goes to Calvin. Although he is a player, he fights really good. He was handling three guys at the same time. Ahwei, Aaron, Wangzi, Ahben, and Ao Quan were also busy fighting.
While they were busy fighting, Wangzi saw Chris and another two guys were chasing after Guigui. He then ran towards them. Aaron saw it too.

Aaron : No. not her.

Aaron kicked his opponent really hard on the “thing”. The guy fell on the ground. Then, Aaron ran towards Guigui and the others.
One of the guys who were chasing after Guigui pulled out a knife from his pocket. He was very close to Guigui at this point. He tapped her back and turned her around to face him. He was about to stab Guigui, but Guigui kicked him on his “thing” and ran again. (LOL both Aaron and Guigui did that) The guy did not seem to feel pain. He ran back towards Guigui and somehow got Guigui’s left arm slabbed with the knife. Wangzi saw that and got all angry. He kicked the guy’s hand then he kicked the guy on his “thing” (LOL Wangzi did that too). The knife fell on the ground. Wangzi kicked the knife away from them. Chris and the other guy stopped running.
Guigui was holding her arm that was bleeding. She started to cry. Wangzi was beside her. He hugged Guigui then pushed her body to hide in his back. They faced Chris and the other guys. Aaron finally came. He walked towards Guigui and Wangzi. Aaron saw Guigui’s arm was bleeding. He was burst into anger. He stood beside Wangzi. He got his fist ready to hit anytime.

Aaron : WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT? WE DID NOT OFFEND ANY OF YOU.

Chris : Say no more. Hit them

The three guys walked closer towards Aaron, Wangzi, and Guigui. One of them had truncheon in his hand.

Meanwhile…

Ao Quan, Ahben, Calvin, Show, and Ahwei were exhausted already. How not? They (except Calvin) had just played basketball now they had to fight. They started losing. Suddenly group of people came and started hitting Jim’s party.

??? : AAAAAAAAAAH! (HITS one of the guys) How dare you hurting my friends?

Ahben : Li Quan!!

Li Quan looked at Ahben : Don’t worry guys. I got you back up here.

Li Quan and the others managed to beat Jim’s party. Then they realized Aaron, Wangzi, and Guigui were not there. They ran and started looking for them.

Back at Aaron’s side…
Someone was lying on the ground in pain. Guigui cried.
Guigui : Aaron.. Aaron..

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Aaron’s house]

Ding Dong
Aaron’s mom opened the door
Aaron’s mom : Guigui, you’re finally here. Aaron’s been waiting for you in his room (Smiles) you can go to his room

Guigui : Okay. Thank you, Auntie (Smiles)

Guigui walked to Aaron’s room. The door was half opened. She stepped in the room without even knocking. Aaron was lying on his bed while Qiaoqiao was sitting beside his bed. Wangzi, Ahben and Calvin were sitting on the couch in Aaron’s room. Wangzi saw Guigui came in.

Wangzi : Guigui, you’re here (Smiles)

Aaron : Meimei, what took you so long? I’m hungry already

Guigui got a plate and placed the food she brought on the plate

Guigui : Aiyoo.. you’re asking too much. Don’t you know I walked 2 miles just to buy your food?

Aaron : (Smiles) I only asked you to buy my favorite ramen from alien café on your way here

Qiaoqiao took the plate from Guigui’s hand and helped Aaron eating

Guigui’s thought : This guy…

~Flashback~
The three guys walked closer towards Aaron, Wangzi, and Guigui. One of them had truncheon in his hand.
Aaron and Wangzi helped each other hitting and kicking the guys. Guigui kept crying. She was scared. The guy with truncheon came towards Guigui and was about to hit Guigui with truncheon while the other two guys kept Wangzi busy. Aaron saw that coming to Guigui. He protected Guigui from being hit by blocking the hit with his back. The guy kept hitting Aaron using the truncheon till Aaron fell on the ground. Guigui cried. The guy still kept hitting Aaron. Guigui suddenly bit the guy’s back. He was in pain and tried to hit Guigui. Wangzi blocked the guy from hitting Guigui.

Chris hit the guy’s head
Chris : Stupid, Are you a man? How could you hit a girl? We didn’t come here to hit a girl.

Guigui sat beside Aaron, crying.
Guigui : Aaron.. Aaron..

Calvin and the rest ran towards Guigui, Wangzi, and Aaron. Chris and his friends decided to leave.
Aaron was in pain. He tried to stand up. Guigui helped him. Aaron wiped her tears then pulled Guigui in his arms, hugged her.

Aaron : Silly. I’m okay. This is nothing.
~End of Flashback~

Wangzi : Guigui, how’s your arm?

Guigui : It’s okay (Smiles) Look I’m strong. (Put her arm up and posed)

Aaron : Idiot!

Guigui pouted.

A few days have passed since the incident. Roxy High’s principal decided to let go the students who fought that day since they fought for self defense. Thanks to Aaron, Jim got caught by the police. It turned out that Jim was the brain behind the thing that happened. Jim got suspended from school for 2 months.
Things went normal at Roxy High for the pass few days. Aaron and Guigui healed really fast.

[Roxy High ; School’s garden]
Wangzi and Aaron were walking together.

Wangzi : Aaron

Aaron : Yeah..

Wangzi : I decided to confess to Guigui. What do you think?

Aaron was shocked hearing what Wangzi had just said
Aaron : Uhm.. Go for it bro. (Tapped Wangzi’s shoulder) I’ll always support you

Wangzi : I will confess at the end of the school today. Help me out, alright?

Aaron : I will

At the end of school, Aaron was meeting with Guigui at school’s entrance.

Aaron : Guigui, let’s go. I want to take you somewhere

They reached the place. It was a park. It wasn’t crowded. There were only two of them there.

Aaron : You wait here. I’m going to buy something.

Guigui nodded. She sat on the bench. Aaron left. He walked towards the tree.

Behind the tree….
Aaron : *Whispers* I wish you good luck

Aaron’s thought : Best of luck. But why do I feel a little sad?

Aaron left

Wangzi walked towards the bench. He sat next to Guigui. Guigui noticed Wangzi’s presence.

Guigui : Wangzi, what are you doing here?

Wangzi : I.. errr…

Wangzi handed a wrapped gift to Guigui

Guigui : What’s this?

Wangzi took a deep breath before talked.
Wangzi : Guigui.. I want to tell you that I like you. (Stares at Guigui) This gift is for you. If you accept me, wear it. If you don’t then don’t wear.

Guigui : Wangzi, I…

Guigui hasn’t finished talking. Wangzi added..

Wangzi : You don’t have to answer now. I’ll give you three days.

Guigui’s thought : Wangzi, you’re such a nice guy. I like you but…

Meanwhile…

Aaron walked home. When he reached his house, he saw Qiaoqiao was standing in front of his house. Qiaoqiao saw Aaron was coming and hugged him.

Qiaoqiao : Dear, let’s go on a date. Today is our 1st anniversary. Remember?

Aaron’s thought : Dam, I don’t remember. I think I should tell her now.

Aaron : Qiao, There’s something I want to tell you

Qiaoqiao : Just say it (Smiles)

Aaron and Qiaoqiao went inside Aaron’s house. They were now in Aaron’s room. Aaron closed the door.

Aaron : I want to break up with you