Chapter 31

Come Closer

 

It was now the Aaron’s wedding day as well as the day Guigui would be leaving for the States. Aaron did not know that Guigui was leaving. Her friends had a small farewell party for Guigui on the day before. Aaron was not there. He was busy with stuff for his wedding.

Over the phone,

Wangzi : Gui, I’m sorry I could not send you off at the airport today.

Guigui : It’s alright, Wangzi. It’s your best friend’s wedding and you’ll be the best man. So, I understand.

Wangzi : I really want to send you off. I’m going to miss you.

Guigui : I’m going to miss you, too.

Wangzi : You take care of yourself, okay?

Guigui : I will. And you too. Give my blessing to Aaron and Hebe.

Wangzi : Gui…

Guigui : Don’t worry. I’m fine. Uhm, Wangzi, I guess I’ll have to hang up. The girls are here.

Wangzi : Ok. We’ll keep in touch, alright? Call me when you get there.

Guigui : Yes sir.

Wangzi : Bye.

Guigui : Bye. (Hung up)

Yatou, Tongtong, Xiao Xun, Mini, Qiaoqiao, and Jolin came to Guigui’s house. They did not go to Aaron’s wedding. They wanted to send Guigui to the airport.

Guigui came out from her room. The girls ran up to her and hugged her.

Girls : Guigui!

Guigui : Aiyo, I’m still here. What are you so sad for?

Mini : (Sob) I did not wish this day to come.

Wuchun, Jiro, and Jason came.

Wuchun : Are you girls ready?

Xiao Xun : Kinda.

Jiro : We’ll take two cars since there are so many of you.

Meanwhile, Aaron was waiting for his wedding. He was sitting alone in a room, thinking. Many things went on in his mind. He knew he did not want to marry Hebe. There was still an hour before the wedding started.

Danson and his parents came into the room.

Aaron : Pa, Ma, Ge..

Aaron’s dad : Son, it’s your wedding day. But you seem very troubled.

Aaron : No.. I-- I’m just nervous.

Aaron’s dad : It looks like there’s something bothering you. Tell me.

Aaron : I don’t know.

Aaron lowered his head down.

Aaron’s mom : My boy, your dad had said it before. Follow what your heart says. Don’t let one mistake make you regret later on.

Aaron lifted up his head.

Aaron : I know.

Danson : Hey Aaron, that wife of yours is pretty y. But Guigui is cuter. (Smiled)

Aaron’s mom and dad giggled.

Wangzi, Calvin, and Ahben came into the room.

Danson : Hey guys.

Wangzi : Auntie, Uncle, Danson Ge. How are you doing?

Aaron’s dad : We’re good. I guess we should let you best friends talk.

Aaron’s parents and Danson left the room.

Wangzi, Calvin, and Ahben walked up to Aaron.

Ahben : How is our brother doing? Are you nervous?

Aaron looked at the boys. He did not answer.

Calvin patted Aaron’s back.

Calvin : Bro, Guigui is leaving.

Aaron lifted up his head to see Calvin.

Aaron : What do you mean by “leaving”?

Calvin : She…

Calvin did not finish his sentence because Wangzi cut him off.

Wangzi : She’s leaving to the States. She might not come back.

Aaron stood up from his seat.

Aaron : W-what? Why?

Wangzi : She wants to get over you. (Sighed) She’s so naïve. She even wished you and Hebe happiness. I guess I should not have given up on her in the first place. (Giggled)

Calvin : Sorry, we could not tell you. We had a farewell party yesterday, but you were with Hebe so I did not bother to call you.

Aaron was standing, puzzled. He looked at his friends. He could not believe what his friends had just told him.

Aaron : I-- I’m g-go-going to take a walk. I’ll be back.

Aaron went to a small garden beside the church. He took a sit on a bench there. Someone came approaching him. The person stood in front of Aaron, hanging something on his hand.

Aaron : Y-You! Where did you get that?

??? : I found it. (Smiled)

Aaron grabbed the thing. It was the necklace he gave to Guigui that was thrown away by Hebe into the sea.

??? : Aaron, I got to tell you something.

-----

An hour later, the wedding started. Aaron was standing in front of the altar, waiting for Hebe to walk in the aisle. Hebe entered the hall. She was walking in the aisle with her dad beside her. Her hand was hooked in her father’s arm.

*Aaron’s POV*
Hebe walked into the hall. Her hand was hooked in her dad’s arm. She was really gorgeous. I bet many guys would die to be with her.

She walked in the aisle with her dad beside her. Her dad handed her hand over to me. I grabbed Hebe’s hand and we both were facing the priest.

“Do you, Aaron Yan, take Hebe Tian as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?” The Priest asked the wedding vow after some prayers.

Suddenly, I remember what he told me.

~Flashback~
I was sitting on the bench in a small garden beside the church. Someone came and stood in front of me.

“ Y-You! Where did you get that?” I was shocked upon seeing he had the necklace I once gave to Guigui. Didn’t Hebe throw it away?

“I found it.” he said, smiling at me as I grabbed the necklace from him.

“How?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I was just walking along the shores that time and this thing was lying there. I knew it was Guigui’s because I saw her wearing it. But I forgot to give it back to her.” He explained.

“Aaron, I got to tell you something.” He said.

“What is it Mike?” I asked.

“Hebe-- the child is not yours.” He said.

“W-what do you mean?”

“I- It’s mine.” He said. His words got me all shocked. “She was my girlfriend.” He continued. “I already confirmed it with her. I recorded our conversation in the club last time.”

Mike took out a tape recorder from his pocket. He let me listened to it. I listened to the recording. I heard Mike and Hebe were quarrelling about the baby. Hebe admitted it. It was true. It’s not my child. Why would Hebe lie to me?

“I was such a player. Not even once, I treated her nicely. I cheated on her many times. I was wrong. I regretted it.” Mike said. “Hebe hated me. I guess she found out that you were such a nice guy and she wanted to use you to be the child’s dad.” He chuckled.

“But that night, Hebe and I--“

Mike laughed. “Did you feel like you did it?”

I shook my head. “I don’t even know how I ended up in the bed with her.”

“It was just her game. I bet she planned everything already. I know her too well.” Mike explained. “She’s actually a nice girl. She’s just too spoil and lonely. I bet you feel it, too.”

I nodded. I know Hebe always got everything she wanted. Her dad really spoiled her.

“Anyway, I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to regret your decision. I just realized that I love Hebe. I’m sorry that she made it hard on you all this time.” Mike apologized. “I’m going to get Hebe back no matter what. I regret everything that I had done to her.”

“It’s..”

“It’s not too late. Is it?” Mike said, smiling. Then he continued, “Guigui really loves you. She spilled out everything in her heart when we were in Korea last time.”

Eh? Were we talking about Guigui now? “She’s leaving for good.” I said, frowned.

“Like I said, it’s not too late. You can always stop the wedding. Think about what I said. Don’t regret it later on!”
~End of Flashback~

Mike’s words kept on flowing in my head. I wanted to stop this wedding. I could not do this anymore. I love Guigui. Yes, I love her. I can’t let her go to the US. Noo..

“Do you, Aaron Yan, take Hebe Tian as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?” The Priest asked once again.

“I…” I was speechless. I could not do this. I looked at Hebe. She looked deep into my eyes. She knew I did not want this. “Heb, I..”

She looked at me, “Go…” She sighed.

“Heb, I’m sorry.”

“Just go before I change my mind. I’m the one who should be sorry. I shouldn’t have forced you.” Hebe said.

“Thanks Heb.” I kissed her head before leaving the church. I could see the priest and everybody inside the church hall were confused.

I saw my parents smiled. I know they were happy about this. I ran out of the church heading to the airport. I hope I was not too late. I was trying to get a taxi when a car stopped in front of me.

“Are you and idiot? Get in here!” Calvin shouted, he was driving the car. Ahben and Wangzi were also in the car. They are really my best friends.
*End of Aaron’s POV*

Ella, Han, and Selina walked up to Hebe and hugged her.

Ella : I’m really proud of what you just did, girl.

Selina : Heb, I know you’re such a nice girl.

Hebe : I realized I was in the wrong. I’m sorry guys for what I did before.

Ella : You should say that to Aaron and Guigui.

Hebe smiled. She felt relieved that she let Aaron go. She did the right thing.

Meanwhile, Guigui just arrived at the airport. Her brother and cousins helped her with the luggage bags.

Wuchun : Mei, call me when you get there. I’ll come soon after I get breaks at the company.

Guigui : Hao!

Tongtong : Gui, remember to go on MSN.

Yatou : Gui, call me veryday. Okay?

Guigui : hao hao hao (Smiled)

Guigui hugged the girls and then she hugged Wuchun and Jiro. She was going to the States with Jason.

Jiro : Jason, take care of our Meimei.

Jason : Don’t worry! (turned to Guigui) I guess it’s time to go.

Guigui nodded. Guigui and Jason started walking into the airport gate. Guigui took a look at her brothers and friends one more time before she went in. She was sad to leave people she loved. She knew she wanted to stay.

=====================================================================================

Wohoo. will Aaron come and stop Guigui?
Use your imagination, this is the ending. JK LOL
stay tune for the next chapter XD

One more thing, Happy Easter everyone! :D