Chapter 8

Come Closer

 

Aaron : I want to break up with you.

Qiaoqiao chuckled
Qiaoqiao : Don’t joke with me, dear. (Went to Aaron and hugged him)

Aaron released the hug

Aaron : I’m not joking right now

Aaron held Qiaoqiao’s shoulder. They were now looking face to face.

Qiaoqiao : Why do you hate me? I love you Aaron.. I always do..

Aaron : Qiao, I don’t hate you. I just.. don’t love you..

Qiaoqiao burst into tears. Aaron felt sad seeing how Qiaoqiao reacted. Aaron hugged Qiaoqiao.

Aaron : Qiao, I’m sorry. We could be friends. I’m sure you’ll find the right guy. I’m just not the one for you.

Aaron kissed Qiaoqiao’s forehead.

Qiaoqiao : Is it Guigui? You love her. Don’t you?

Aaron was shocked hearing that.

Aaron : No. She’s just like my sister and you know that

Qiaoqiao’s thought : Aaron.. you just don’t realize it yet.

[Guigui’s house]
Guigui’s thought : I’m very tired. I don’t know how to face Wangzi. I never thought he would like me. He’s nice, way too nice. Aiyoo. I don’t know what to do. Should I try?

Guigui was walking without looking. Her mind was going somewhere else. Suddenly,…

BAAM. She walked and hit the wall.

Guigui : Ouch!
Guigui patted her head

At the same time, Meimei came out from her room. Yatou was with her. They saw Guigui.

Meimei and Yatou giggled

Meimei : Guigui. Watch where you’re walking okay?

Guigui : Aiyooo.. I didn’t see there was a wall here.

Yatou noticed Guigui was holding a gift.

Yatou : Guigui, what’s that? (Pointed at the wrapped gift)

Guigui : Oh.. this.. ehmm.. Let’s talk in my room.

They went to Guigui’s room. Guigui told Meimei and Yatou about Wangzi’s confession. Meimei and Yatou were shocked. Just like Guigui, they never thought that Wangzi would have feelings for Guigui.

Guigui : I really don’t know what to do guys. I mean he’s nice, but.. AAH.. this is confusing.

Yatou : Aiyoo. What are you confused about? If you like him, then go. If not, then tell him. It’s simple.

Guigui : Then, Is he going to be mad at me if I say no? What if he hates me after I say I don’t like him?

Meimei and Yatou giggled

Meimei : How in the world do I have such a silly cousin like you? Anyway, what’s inside the wrapped gift? Open it, Gui.

Guigui opened the gift. And..

Guigui : Wow, beautiful. (She held it up)

Yatou : A bracelet. How romantic?

Suddenly, Yatou’s phone rang.

Yatou : Wei.. Oh it’s you.. I’m at Guigui’s house..Alright, see you later… (smiles and hung up the phone)

Guigui and Meimei became curious

Guigui : Who was it? Why do you look so happy?

Yatou blushed. Guigui put on a suspicious look.

Yatou : It was Ahwei.

Guigui : AHWEI? The basketball guy?

Yatou nodded. They started chatting until it was late in the evening.

Meanwhile at Aaron’s house..
Aaron was lying on his bed

Aaron’s thought : I wonder what Guigui is doing now. I wonder how did Wangzi’s confession go. Aiyoo, I think too much. It’s none of my business whether Guigui likes Wangzi or not. Wangzi is a good guy anyway, she’ll be safe with him.

[Roxy High ; Class 201 ; Break Time]
Three days have passed. It’s time for Guigui to give Wangzi an answer.
Guigui walked towards Wangzi. She tapped Wangzi’s shoulder. She didn’t say anything but gave Wangzi a box instead.

Wangzi walked to the school’s garden. He opened the box. He saw a letter and the bracelet he gave to Guigui. He opened the letter and read it.

“Dear Wangzi,
Thank you for liking me. I didn’t know what to do when you said that you liked me.
I was confused with my heart. I just want to say that I can’t accept you.
Maybe there’s someone in my heart or maybe not. I’m confused myself.
I gave you back the bracelet. I can’t accept this gift.
Oh, one more thing. You’re such a nice guy. Maybe I’m not the right one for you.
Thank you Wangzi,
From Ghost”

Wangzi felt very sad after reading the letter.
Wangzi’s thought : I already know the answer. Gui, have you ever thought that by saying I’m such a nice guy would hurt me even more?

At the end of class, Guigui was walking towards the school’s entrance when a pair of hands grabbed her and covered . The person who grabbed her pushed her on the wall. Guigui was shocked to see who it was.

Guigui : Jolin..

Jolin : Stop acting like a naïve girl.

Guigui : What did you mean?

Jolin : I believe you already know that Qiaoqiao and Aaron broke up.

Guigui was shocked

Guigui : WHAT? I didn’t know that!

Jolin : Qiaoqiao has been to school for the past three days. She’s been crying and locking herself in her room.

Guigui : I feel sorry for her.

Jolin : It’s because of you.

Guigui : Me?

Jolin : Qiaoqiao felt that Aaron might fall in love with you. Can you stay away from him?

Guigui’s thought : It can’t be me. Aaron always treats me like a sister. It’s impossible for him to fall in love with me.

Jolin : Guigui. I beg you please. I hate seeing my best friend feels so depressed. She looked so messy when I went to her house yesterday. I have to make Aaron comes back to Qiaoqiao. I want to see my best friend comes back to live.

Guigui : Hao. I know how you feel for your best friend. But I’m not sure if it’s because of me..

Jolin : Just do it. Kay?

Guigui nodded

Guigui : Okay.

Guigui left Jolin and walked towards the school’s entrance. Aaron has been waiting for her to go home together. Guigui pretended to not see Aaron. She kept walking and ignored Aaron’s presence. Aaron walked behind Guigui, trying to figure out what was going on.

Aaron : Guigui.. Did something happen?

Guigui kept walking and ignored Aaron.

Aaron : Gui..

Guigui still ignored Aaron. Aaron tapped her shoulder and turned Guigui to face him.

Aaron : Why did you ignore me? I'm talking to you.

Guigui did not want to look at Aaron. She released herself from Aaron and walked away.

Aaron’s thought : What did I do wrong?

It’s been a few days since Guigui stopped talking to Aaron. She was still ignoring Aaron. Wangzi noticed that Guigui has been ignoring Aaron. Wangzi decided to confront her. Wangzi called Guigui and asked her to meet him in the park.

[Park]
Guigui came. She saw Wangzi was already there sitting on the bench.
Wangzi : You’re here

Guigui : What’s up Wangzi?

Wangzi : So, how are you Gui?

Guigui : I’m alright. Hey. You didn’t come here to confess again. Did you?

Guigui teased Wangzi

Wangzi giggled

Wangzi : Haha. No.

Wangzi’s thought : Though I will still try to get you heart no matter what. I will not give up.

Wangzi : Gui, I noticed you haven’t been talking to Aaron lately. Did something happen?

Guigui shook her head.

Guigui : Nothing. I don’t know if I should tell you or not.

Wangzi : Please.. You know I consider you as my best friend.

Guigui : Fine.

Guigui told Wangzi about what happened between Aaron and Qiaoqiao. It turned out that Wangzi also didn’t know that Aaron broke up with Qiaoqiao. Guigui also told Wangzi about what Jolin told her.

[Roxy High ; School’s garden]
Guigui was sitting on a bench at the school’s garden with Tongtong, Xiao Xun, and Mini. They were chatting and laughing. QIaoqiao and Jolin came towards Guigui and her friends.

Qiaoqiao : Guigui, can we talk?

Guigui nodded

Qiaoqiao : can we go somewhere else?

Guigui : Okay

Tongtong : Qiaoqiao, what do you want? Asking Guigui to ignore Aaron is enough. Don’t you dare asking her to do other thing against her will!

Qiaoqiao looked at Tongtong

QIaoqiao : I won’t (Smiles)

Qiaoqiao and Jolin walked away. Guigui followed behind them. They went to the roof.

Qiaoqiao : Guigui, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you ignoring Aaron.

Guigui : It’s alright Qiao.

Jolin : No. The one who should apologize is me. Sorry Gui. I didn’t mean to.

Guigui : I understand. It’s alright guys. (Smiles)

Qiaoqiao : Thank you, Gui. Actually, Wangzi told me about the thing Jolin told you. I’m very sorry.

Guigui smiled

Qiaoqiao : Anyway Guigui, I think you and Aaron look good together (Giggled)

Guigui was confused now

Guigui : So, are you deciding to move on?

QIaoqiao nodded

Guigui : I’m sorry about you broke up with him, but it’s a good thing if you decided to move on. It’s not like he’s the only guy in the world hehe

Qiaoqiao : I guess we can be close friends now.

Qiaoqiao hugged Guigui. Guigui hugged her back.

Guigui walked back to her class. She saw Aaron. She walked towards Aaron and surprised him from behind.

Guigui tapped Aaron’s shoulder

Guigui : BOOOM!

Aaron turned around

Aaron : You talked to me?

Guigui : Of course. If you don’t like it then I’ll just ignore you again (walked away)

Aaron grabbed Guigui’s hand

Aaron : Come on Xiao Meimei. I missed you. Did you know that?

Guigui : Then treat me lunch!

Aaron : Ey. It was you ignoring me. You’re the one who should treat me.

Guigui pouted

Aaron : Hao le Hao le. We’ll go to alien café after school

Guigui smiled and jumped on Aaron’s back.

Guigui : YAY!

They did not realize Wangzi was watching them behind the wall.

Wangzi’s thought : I love it when she smiles. She always smiles happily whenever she’s around Aaron. Could it be that she likes him? I won’t give up.

================================================================================================

I just watched The X-family episode 30. AWH AARON IS SO CUTE <3

Anyway, I know this chapter is a bit boring, but the drama has got to start.
I’m working on the next chapter. I’ll try my best <3
Here’s the preview for next chapter.

-----------------------------------

Guigui : What if we bump into wolves and they were hungry and they eat us?
Xiao Xun : Guigui, I don’t think we’ll bump into wolves. This isn’t a wild forest so don’t worry too much.

??? : AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
Aaron and Wangzi : GUIGUI!

Guigui : Get me out of here guys. I’m so scared. It’s dark in here.