Chapter 12

Come Closer

 

Aaron : Have you been eating properly?

Guigui : Of course.

Aaron : Eat more meat. Also don’t forget to eat your vegetables. Don’t let me catch you not eating your vegetables.

Guigui : Hao le

Aaron : Okay then I should hang up now.

Guigui : Okay.

Aaron : I miss you so much

Guigui smiled

Guigui : I miss you too.

Aaron : Take care, Gui.

Both hung up the phone.

Guigui and her grandma had been staying in the States for a week now.

Wu Chun : Was that the boy you’ve been talking about?

Guigui nodded.

Wu Chun : He must pass my tests if he wants to date my Meimei.

Guigui : Why?

Chun pinched Guigui’s cheeks.

Wu Chun : Because you’re my only meimei. I should be protecting you. Only good guys can date my meimei. One more thing, no kissing is allowed. Got it?

Guigui’s thought : Aaron did kiss me. I can’t let Ge know about this.

Guigui’s mom called from down stair.

Guigui’s mom : Chun, Meimei. Come down. Uncle Ethan is here.

Chun and Gui : Hao.

Both Wuchun and Guigui ran down stair. Guigui ran towards her uncle and hugged him.
{A/N : Uncle Ethan is the brother of Guigui’s dad ; Guigui is his only niece. As for Meimei, she’s actually Guigui’s step cousin}

Guigui : Uncle Ethan!

Uncle Ethan : Look at how pretty my niece is now. You’ve grown so big. (Kissed Guigui’s forehead)

Two guys walked into the family room. Guigui jumped happily to see them. Guigui ran towards them and hugged them.

Guigui : Jiro ge, Jason ge. I missed you guys so much. You guys are so tall now.

Jiro patted Guigui’s head

Jiro : I miss you too, meimei.

Jason : I bring you your favorite stuff (Hand over a box). Open it.

Guigui grabbed the box and opened it.

Guigui : Stitch slippers. Aw thank you so much Geges.

Guigui’s mom : You guys spoil her too much. She has too many stitches already. She’ll need a new closet soon.

Jason : It’s alright, Auntie. Guigui is like our Meimei already. (Pinched Guigui’s cheek)

Guigui’s dad : Hao le. Let’s eat now.

Though Guigui’s parents are divorced, they are still in good terms.

Meanwhile..
Aaron, Calvin, and Ahben went to the club again. Wangzi was not with them again. Once again, they met Han, Hebe, Selina, and Ella. They were sitting on a couch in the club.

Hebe : Excuse me, I’m going to the restroom.

Calvin : Han, let’s go dance. (Grabbed Han and hit the dance floor)

Aaron : I’m going to get some drinks.

Hebe was going back from the restroom. She was looking so y. A drunken old guy approached her and started to harass her.

Guy : Young lady, have a drink with me. I feel so lonely here.

Hebe : Sorry. I’m here with friends. (Walk away)

The guy grabbed Hebe’s arm and dragged her to drink with him. Aaron saw what happened. He punched the guy in the face. Aaron grabbed Hebe and dragged her away from the guy.

Aaron : You okay?

Hebe : Yea. Thank you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Three weeks have passed. It was now the time for Guigui and her grandma to leave for Taiwan. The whole family was at the airport sending Guigui and grandma, including Uncle Ethan and his sons. Guigui felt so sad to leave her family. She always wanted to stay with her parents and brother.

Wuchun : Mei, take care of yourself okay? Gege will visit you soon. Call me if you miss me okay?

Guigui nodded and cried.

Guigui : Gege, I will miss you. Please come visit me. (cry)

Wuchun : Don’t let your boyfriend hurt you. Give me a call if he did something bad to you, I will fly to Taiwan directly. (Gives a peck on Guigui’s forehead)

Guigui’s mom hugged Guigui : Guigui, listen to your grandma okay. Be a good girl.

Guigui’s dad : Mei, daddy will visit you when daddy’s free. Daddy loves you. (Kissed Guigui’s forehead)

Uncle Ethan : Guigui, this is for you. Use it to buy clothes you like, alright? Uncle loves you. (Patted Guigui’s head and handed a letter full of money)

Guigui : Thank you uncle. (Cry)

Jiro and Jason hugged Guigui together. They were sad to see Guigui crying.
Guigui and her Grandma left the family and got on the plane.
They were now in Taipei. Guigui walked into her house looking for Meimei. She wanted to tell Meimei everything that happened in the States. Apparently, Meimei wasn’t home. Guigui then called Yatou. Yatou was on a date with Ahwei.

Guigui’s thought : Meimei isn’t home. Yatou is on a date. I’ll just go to Aaron’s house and give him a surprise. I missed him so much. I bet he also misses me. It’s been two weeks since the last time I talked to him.

Guigui walked to Aaron’s house. Danson opened the door. Danson told her to just go straight to Aaron’s room.

Guigui’s thought : I’m so happy to see Aaron. I bet he’ll be surprised to see me here. (smile)

Guigui walked towards Aaron’s room. The door was half opened, so she guessed it was alright to just step in. She called Aaron happily, wanted to surprise him.

Guigui : Aaron! Aaron! Aaron... surprise! I’m back.

Aaron was hugging a girl. Aaron was shocked to see Guigui there.

Aaron : Guigui.

Guigui couldn’t believe what she saw. Guigui was just standing there, puzzled.

Guigui : Hi (to the girl)

Girl : Hi (Put her arms around Aaron’s body)

Guigui : Y-you are?

Girl : I’m Aaron’s fiancé, Hebe (Smiled) and who are you?

Guigui didn’t answer. She was still puzzled. She looked at Aaron trying to get an answer. But Aaron did not dare to look at Guigui. Guigui’s eyes kept searching for Aaron’s eyes, for an answer.

Guigui : A-Aaron? Is that t-true?

Aaron didn’t’ answer. He didn’t even look at Guigui.

Guigui’s thought : fiancé? I don’t understand. Three weeks ago he said that he would make me be his girl, but…. What is happening here? Why do I feel pain in my heart? I feel like my heart had been stabbed with a knife. I want to cry.

Guigui : I-I’m sorry for bothering you guys.

Guigui ran away, crying. Danson saw Guigui ran away from Aaron’s room.

Danson : Xiao Meimei, why are you crying?

Guigui did not answer. She ran away from the house.

Guigui was now walking without destination. She just kept walking and walking. Tears kept rolling down her cheeks.

After a while..

Ring ring

Wangzi : Wei.