Chapter 2 - The Distance

Meant to V
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

we walk side by side headed to the town for lunch in silence. I feel awkward but strangely feel comfortable in silence. we walk to our path to school, we used to walk here everyday and now when I walk through the path with him again, I feel strangely happy. we have walked for about 20 minutes in silence and I have no idea what is he up to and what will we eat. honestly, i'm really hungry after all those kimchi-making-activity but I doubt I can eat much with him now. I realized that maybe if both of us stay in silent, we'll end up walking through the town for days, so I brace myself to ask him what does he want for lunch.

when I open my mouth and about to call him and ask him, he is finally asking me something. 'what do you want for lunch?'

I close my mouth and I start thinking of smart answer. 'it's up to you, what do you want?'. oh yes, that kind of answer, stupid.

he stop walking, seems like thinking something then he drag me to chinese restaurant few block from there. I feel surprise but I just follow him like a pet.

we sit down at the corner of the restaurant, he pick this table and he open his mask and pull down his hood. he order jjajjangmyeon, japchae, dumplings and sweet and sour pork. I surprised at various dishes that he order, I mean what is he thinking. could we finish all those dishes? I guess he is been starving since yesterday or something though I know naturally he will eat much. while waiting for the meals to be served, we sit down again in silence. I know that he is looking at me and I hate that. I feel like i'm being observed and it feel weird. I pretend to look outside the window. thanks God we sit at the corner, near the glass window of the restaurants. after 5minutes passed and I know he still observing me, I finally ask him 'wae? is there something on my face?'

he startled at my question and then smile. 'no. you look good.'

'ohh', I reply. I wondering what takes that aunty so long to make our order, does she fell asleep or something? I turn myself towards the entrance because I want to see what is that aunty doing. yeah, half of it because I avoid conversation with taehyung. a group of girl enter the restaurant and sit near us. they happily talking and laughing and then taking selca. hemm, I guess they're highschoolers. I watch them taking selca and then I realized the custom case of one of them is hwayanghyeonhwa pt.2 cover album, the current album from BTS. I look at taehyung enjoying the crowded street by the window and I ask him 'taehyung-ah'

he look at me and smile, probably happy because I finally talk to him. 'yes?'

'emmh, are you okay without the mask? I think you might want to cover your face a little.'

seems like he doesn't get it, I pointed at those girls and he follows my directions and then he smile. 'wow, I think we really do a great job. I should tell hyungs about this', then he take out his phone. I look at the phone and I know why he does not even call me or text me, because e change his phone. wait, I cannot get angry at time like this, besides I don't have his number anymore, so it's quite fair. pretend that we know each other just today.

he probably notice that i'm staring at his phone because he suddenly lean back on his chair and took his phone closer to him. eommo, what are you thinking taehyung-ah? do you think I was staring at your phone to peek out whom you sent mes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter