Chapter 26 - Signs

Meant to V
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung’s P.O.V.

‘where are you?’ I text her after while I walk through the entrance of company building. 

‘street.’ A quick reply comes in to my phone. I smile when I read it. Aish- this girl really know how to mess with me.

‘you haven’t arrive yet? I told you we can go together earlier.’ I reply to her while waiting for the elevator to take me up to the studio.

I enter the studio and found almost everyone there but jungkook and jimin. “hyung! What’s up? I really miss you!” I throw my bag to the floor and run to hug them but they seem untouched with my warm greeting. “yaa¬¬ what’s with you guys? Not miss me?” I nag to them.

“uwaaa,, I miss you very much uri taehyungie!!” jin hyung screams in exaggerated expression, I know he’s faking it. “is that how you want it?” he ask me then pout while stretching his arms. Hobi hyung and namjoon hyung just laugh at how jin hyung respond. I clucked at him then pick my bag and put it on the corner. 

“you seem happy though, did anything good happen with your short visit to home?” namjoon hyung ask me.

I turn to him while checking my phone, she still hasn’t reply to my text, where is she exactly. “ohh. I have a good day. Thanks hyung. I love you.” I grins to him and he sigh at me. 

“just promise me this is the last time you ask us to cover you while you’re away. And you’ll work hard for our next schedule. Deal, taehyungie?” 

I salute at him as in military service, “ne leader-nim! I’ll work hard!”, end it with wide grins.

“knock it off. Your happiness makes me shudder. “He said.

‘yaa, why are you so curious about me? I am on the mart, I am few steps away from my apartment and couples block to the company. That’s it. Are you happy now?’ she replies back. I giggle when I read it. Yoongi hyung pass in front of me with a bottle of water, he stops and stares at me. I look back at him, “waeyo hyung?”

He shakes his head lightly, “you’re really amazing eunah-ya.” He said then walks away.

I widen my eyes at yoongi’s hyung words. “hyung, how do you know? Are you peeping my text?” I flustered by his words.

Yoongi hyung sigh, “wae? Do you think I have nothing to do so I have to peeping you chatting with her?”

“yaa, are you dumb? Why are you so slow? Of course we know it’s her. hahahhaha” Hobi hyung scolds me. “aniya?” split seconds later he stops stretching his arm then ask me seem in doubt. 

“woaaah… I really can’t keep anything secret from you guys.” I said in awe with them lately.

“so, everything is going great between you two?” jin hyung ask me while trying so hard splitting his legs to stretch.

“aah, not yet. No need to rush. We’ll take time.” I said.

“yaa, taehyung-ah, you’re literally slow, aren’t you?” hobi hyung fix his position into sitting after stretching his legs and stare at me pitifully.

“ahh, wae~~~~? You guys keep scolds me! Aiish- I don’t understand! Why don’t you just say it to me now? Mwol? “ I nags them felling slightly annoyed. 

“you said no need to rush. ‘we’ll take time’” namjoon said, imitating me.

I am about to ask them again when jungkook and jimin come in. “oh! Uri taehyungie is here!” jimin screams then run to hug me. I dodge but quick witted jimin caught me and hug me.

“yaa! Why are you guys taking so long? Let’s go! We have to practice now!” hobi hyung nags save me. “taehyung-ah! Go get ready!” he said to me.

I am about to reply eunah’s text when suddenly namjoon hyung stand close next to me, reaching for his cap beneath my bag. “yaa, you know what just happen when you ‘take time’?” he said to me slowly, almost like whispering. I stare at him, furrows my eyebrows, confused. It took me seconds to finally understand what does he meant. “hyung,,” I stutters. 

“jungkook came after. Oh, and jimin too. If we give it more time, maybe not only them will come in. hmm?” he said to me, smirking. 

“aah, hyung,” I try to argue but I cannot. He taps my shoulder and walk away to join jin hyung and jimin practising the core details.

‘what do you want to eat? My mom packed lots of kimchi for you. Should I cook you kimchi-jiggae tonight?’ eunah’s text come in just in time to wake me up from my thoughts. That’s right taehyung-ah, you need to calm down. You are fine and you believe her, I said to myself.

‘tonight? what about lunch?’ I reply her text.

“yaaaaa! Taehyung-ah! What are you doing? Are you not going?” hobi loud nags bother me. 

“aiish- ne, ne, team leader-nim! Wait a bit!” I shout back to respond.

‘andwae. I have to meet PD-nim. Dinner, okay? Have fun practising! Annyeong!’ she replies to my text.

I frowned at her text. PD-nim? Unusual. Hmmh. I raised my shoulder lightly and reply ‘okay. TC’ to her before hobi hyung drags me to practices. 

 

 

 

Eun-ah’s P.O.V.

I lock my phone screen after I read Tae’s replies and put my phone back on my bag. Right, now I need some pork and soft tofu. I walk to meat shop and order two servings of pork. My eyes scanning the display and pile of fresh-looking ribs caught my eyes. Hmm, should I make galbi too? The ahjussi hand the pork to me startled me. “ah, cogiyo ahjussi. Could you give me that ribs please? One serving, ah ani, two servings, please” 

He gladly packs lots of ribs for me. “are you going to eat it by yourself?”, he ask.

“ne? ah anieyo. I’ll cook it for someone.” I said.

“oooh, your boyfriend?” he smirk and laugh lightly, teasing me. “aigoo he must be so lucky to have you”

“ah, anieyo ahjussi. What’s with lucky…” I laugh at his words.

“my mother always said that she won my father’s heart because of her japchae. Here, I give you more.” He said while hand me the plastic bag.

I laugh at his story, “Really? aigoo, thank you very much ahjussi, you don’t need to actually.” I bow at him.

“eyy, that’s fine. Cook him delicious galbi and he’ll love you more. Hahhaaha” he laughs happily

“ne ahjussi. I’m really grateful.” I bow again at him. “but, I don’t need him to love me more than now actually” I smile awkwardly.

“aigoo, you’re so nice. He must have love you too much now, am I right? hahahaa” He response. I laugh lightly at his words. I ask for leave and he let me with a warm smile on his face.

I walk slowly through the street while so many things passing in my mind. PDnim's words few days ago keep passing in my mind. I sigh. I wish I could tell that ahjussi the truth. I wish I could tell him why I don’t want tae or jungkook love me more than now. I wish I could tell the ahjussi that the truth is I am afraid I can’t love tae or jungkook as much as they do. And I wish I could tell tae that I can’t love him back. But I’m afraid, cause I can’t tell him and I can’t not love him.

I sigh once again at the thought and trying so hard to hold back my tears. Aish- what’s with it eunah-ya. You can deal with it. You know it from the very beginning though. That’s fine. I take a deep breath then put on a smile and walk to buy some tofu and mushroom before I walk straight to my apartment.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter