Chapter 27 - I'm in love (+)

Meant to V
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“it’s just. . .” I can’t find the right word to express so I avoid staring back at tae’s eyes, walk away, and pretend to be interested in my refrigerator. “kimtae, I think you can start setting the table, will you?”

I can hear he sigh then walk to take out spoon and chopstick. “eunah-yaa, where is my cup?” he ask while busy searching through the kitchen.

“cup? Aaah, on the upper shelf.  Wait, I guess it’s here.” I said while putting down the bowl and start dragging chair to the upper shelf. I step easily on the chair and step my right foot on the edge of the sink then reach out for tae’s cup from the upper shelf. I climb down easily and hand him his cup.

“yaa, are you always do that to take something from the upper shelf?” tae ask me in disbelief.

“ohh. wae?” I said while placing dishes on to the plate. “mwol? Are you going to send me growth supplement like you always said?” I turn and stare at him trying to look offended.

He looks flustered and annoyed at the same time, “woaah, geurae, I’ll send it tomorrow. Yaa, it’s dangerous to climb on a chair, you might hurt yourself.” He scolds me out of nowhere.

“eiiiysh, then I should go to the hospital and get some days-off, not bad, I guess..” I said jokingly.

“ohh, geurae, do it then. jjarantaa, jjalhaesseo neo.  You really want me to have heart attack, right? Woaah, you’re really are something lee eun-ah.” He nags me as if he is super annoyed.

I walk to the table and placing the dishes on the table when tae nags me again, “ohh, you are going to ignore me again?” then he sit near the table, crossing his arms and pouting like a kid. “geurae, do it as you wish, I’m not going to eat-“

I put a piece of meat from the ribs into his mouth right before he stop talking, he looks pissed-off, “okay, I get it Taehyung-ah, I won’t climb on the chair anymore.” I said.

“then if you need something from the upper shelf?” he ask with a meat on his mouth, trying to make a deal with me, how silly.

“mmmmh, let see. I can just wait for what I need to fall down itself from the shelf or wait for someone taller to pick it out for me.”

He finally munching the meat I gave him before answering, “you can always ask me” then he scoop a spoonful rice into his mouth.

“really? What if you have other schedule and you can’t make it?” I said.

He stop eating for a while and I continue, “see? It is easier for me to do it by myself. You’re overreacting taehyung-ah”

“yaa, you promise me you won’t do it again before.” He glare at me with stuffed cheeks.

I sighed, “fine then, I’ll call jungkook or namjoon or jin oppa to come over if you can’t make it.”, I said.

“andwae! Hajima!” he shake his head disagree, “I’ll take care of it after I finished eating” he said.

I watch him stuffs his cheeks with food and sighed, “do whatever you want. Ah, eat slowly please!”

I am busy washing the dishes when tae appear with a large box I used when I first move in. “what are you doing?”, I asked him.

“aah, I am going to emptying the upper shelf and I’ll buy you a new shelf to organize things so you can reach it easily.” He drags a sturdy chair and ready to emptying my upper shelf on the pantry.

“eommo, you are really serious about that? Yaa, gwenchana, I’ll be careful so please sit down or something, I am tired just by looking at you inspecting my place.” I said.

Tae clucked, seems annoyed, “aish, then close your eyes, pretend I am not here.”, he respond.

I glare at him then he pull out his tongue, teasing me, “do whatever you want”. I said while drying the dishes and put it back on the shelf rudely so he knows that I hate him being too, what should I say, possessive (?), then throw myself sitting on my sofa and pretend to be interested in whatever it is played on TV.

He is really taking down all my stuff from the shelf, it is not much actually, teapot set, bangtan’s personal mug, blender, toaster and some nice plates I rarely use. Honestly I keep making a quick glance on him since a while, just to check he is okay. I feel bad for him but I am mad at him and I don’t want to apologize first, he’s the one who annoyed me, so I sit still on the sofa, pouting.

Few minutes later, he appeared from the pantry, sweaty but still handsome as always. I need to take a deep breath seeing him to calm myself down.

 I thought he will leave as soon as he finished what he wants to do earlier, but I was wrong. He clasping his palms few times to clean the dust there and approach me gently.

I thought he will take a seat next to me and start teasing me ‘till I forgive him, but I was wrong. He kneels down in front of me, close to my feet, staring at me with the nicest smiles he has, that kind of smile I always like.

I sit straight as he held my hands asking me to move closer to him. “mwol?”, I tried to hide my fluttered heart by pretending I am still sulking.

He smirks, “so you are still annoyed. I see.” Then he caressing back of my hands gently and staring at me lovingly, “it’s okay, you can push me back as you like, but you need to know I am not going to hold back. I am going to be more annoying than now if it’s related to your safety.”

I get flustered by his words and I don’t really know how to respond so I just sit still listening to him.

“please, understand me, it’s tiring me enough not able to check on you every day. So please let me do at least this much to protect you as I won’t be right beside you all the time. Do you know how much I stressed out if you’re out of my reach?”

I shake my head few times as an answer; trying my best to hold my tears.

He pull my hands to his lips, grasping it into his hands and kiss my fingers softly before he continues, “now you know.” He smiles, “namjoon hyung said I need to be treated by psychiatric just because you didn’t pick up your phone. It’s dangerous, isn’t it?” he paused for a while then continues, “therefore, please always pick up my call and reply my text so I know you’re fine. okay?”

I nods and smiles back to him as an answer. Mianhae taehyung-ah, for thinking you are such annoying guy who is trying to teach me what to do and what not do, I talk to myself.

And while busy with my thought, I am late to realize that tae already reach up to my face level and slowly moving his face closer to mine.

It’s less than one centimetre between our lips when the tip of his nose touch slightly touches my cheek, and I naturally close my eyes. Strangely, I don’t want to take a back. Then I could feel his lips slightly touch mine. Short and softly, as if he is afraid I might reject it.

I open my eyes and he is staring at me with such loving gaze, then he pecks my lips again, gently. Split second after, he press his lips again to mine, this time it’s more demanding, slowly and softly as if he waits for me to give him an answer, so I kiss him back in return.

He cupped my face with his hands, makes me feel so little in front of him. I clings my arms around his neck, caressing back of his neck, enjoying his soft-like-baby hair tickling my fingers. For a moment, I feel like I am the happiest person on earth, like resting on a cloud, so soft and comfortably.

Minutes passed I guess when we finally stop kissing each other. He smiles then pecks my lips shortly for the last time. “yaa¬ kkeumanhae!” I scold him jokingly and we ended up laughing.

I check on the clock and it’s almost midnight already. “kimtae,”, I said.

“hmm?” he respond while seems like cannot stop gazing at me.

“you should go back to dorm right now. Go on, I’ll take you downstairs.”

Tae pouting like a kid trying to persuade me to let him stay a bit longer, but I pinch his cheeks saying a definite ‘No’ and walks away from him to take his coat and hat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter