Chapter 25 - Delayed Truth

Meant to V
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“eunah-ya, the living room is such a mess earlier. Did you guys stayed up late in the living room last night?” asked my mom.

Both Tae and I are choked up hearing such question. “aigoo,, aigoo”, my parents confusedly staring questioning what happen with me and Tae. I quickly gulp down water and clear my throat before answering, “aah, I finished few files last night and I haven’t clean it before I went up for bed.” Of course I lied to them. In fact, I didn’t even know how I ended up sleeping soundly in my bed in my room with Tae sleeping soundly on bed next to mine.

“aaah… so that’s how it is. I told you not to stayed up late at night, remember? You can get cold if you do it continuously.” My dad scolds me.

“I know, I get it. I’ll try to finish it before midnight. Promise!” I grin widely to my parent who seems so worry about me. They sigh as if they don’t believe me, so I continue, “eomma, appa, I’m fine. You should scolds tae instead.” 

Tae stares at me with stuffed cheeks like squirell, “me?” he asked in confusion. 

“ohh. You. You should get scolded because you are not eating well.” I said to him.

“omo! Is that true?” my mom seems surprised. 

“anieyo emmonie,” tae tries to argue but I cut him off, “eomma, he only eat well because you ask him to. He used to ask manager oppa to buy him hamburger or sandwiches because he often skips meals. “ 

Tae seems embarrassed and smile awkwardly to my parent while shoving one spoonful of rice to his mouth. 

“taehyung-ah, you need to eat well. Why did you skip meals? Does it doesn’t suit your appetite? “ my mom ask him, worried.

“that’s right. No wonder you look so skinny. You need to take care of your body, am I right?” my dad nag him.

“aah, nee abeoji, eommoni. The truth is recently I don’t have enough time to eat proper meals. Other member sometime eating in van, but I prefer sleeping so I often skip meals. I’m sorry; I’ll take care of it now.” He explains clearly then smiles widely. 

My parent sigh, “aigoo,, so that’s it. How tough it must be for you.” My mom seems sad and worried.

“aah, that’s not a big deal eommoni. Look, I eat well too.” He shoves dishes into his mouth deliciously. My dad put piece of rolled egg into his bowl and he nods delightfully. I stare at him with so many thought in my head. Aigoo, that is right. With such popularity they gained after successful comeback, it means that they have to work harder and rest less than before. That’s right. I rarely see them eat comfortably since,- gosh, I don’t even remember when did the last time I saw them eat comfortably. I sigh, out of my intention, loudly, so Tae and my parent stare at me. I nervously look at them and awkwardly stares back at tae. He tilts his head a bit, questioning what happen to me. 

“I’m sorry” I said to him. He look surprised also happy at the same time. He smiles widely then my hair lightly. “what for. Go, you need to eat more” he said. 

I put a piece of rolled egg into my mouth and munch it slowly. My mom offer more dishes to tae. “aigoo, please don’t worry much abeoji, eommoni. I’ll take care of it. I’ll eat better and rest well so that I can’t take care of eun-ah more.” He suddenly speaks out. My parent and I stare at him, surprised at his words. He grins widely. My dad clears his throat before answering, “ah, well, then. We have nothing to worry about. Hahahaha, Right, yeobo?” he laugh lightly to my mom, “that’s right. I believe our son in law will take care of our daughter very well” and they laugh happily.

“then, please eat well too, abeoji” tae said while offers more soup to my dad, “emmoni too” and my mom. They accept it delightfully. Aiish, kim tae really, he make situation awkward. I reach my hands to take more rolled egg when tae put sausages on my bowl. I stare at him, but he seems so calm, “you too, eat more.”, and he put a spoonful of rice into his mouth. I can see my parent smirking and glance happily at me.

________________________________________________________________

“eunah-ya, should we eat dwenjang-jiggae tonight? your mom jiggae is incomparable though.” he said happily to me while point out his thumb.

“again? You ate that last night. andwae. Tonight menu is sausage stew.” I shake my head then drag him to buy some sausages. He pouts but he follows me well. 

It’s almost dinner time when we went out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter