Chapter 7 - I said yes

Meant to V
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“eomma appa, I’ll go out. Don’t wait me for dinner. I’m meeting with my friend for dinner” I tell my mom and dad while busy wearing my shoes. It’s half past four in the afternoon and I promise him I’ll be there at 5. I still have to walk to the café so I must hurry because I can’t let him waiting. He has to get back to Seoul at 9, but he still wants to meet up with me beforehand so I can’t make him late to get back to Seoul. 

“and who is he? Taehyungie?” my dad asks.

I shock a second at his question then I manage to answer, “eiiysh- appa- it’s a secret. I’ll let you know someday. Promise. Hehe” 

“eommo, eommo- honey, look at my little princess, she’s starting to keeping a secret from us now. I guess it’s just yesterday she’s crying asking for candies and now she’s dating a guy I don’t know.” My dad replies jokingly. 

I laugh at his comment, saying bye to my parents then hurriedly run out to the café. I check out my phone and he said he’s on his way to the café. I reply his text saying I’m close to the café already and walk faster afterwards. While waiting for the green light at the junction, I check my phone because I hear a chat notification, it must be him. “no need to rush. Take care”, he text me. I smile realizing how thoughtful he is and sent him a cute sticker saying OK before I cross the street. 

I arrive at the café soon after. I look up my phone and its 5 p.m sharp. I catch my breath while looking to the entire seats on the café. I don’t see him yet so I’m not late, luckily. I order iced caramel macchiato and take a seat on the corner waiting for him. I text him saying I’m inside the café and he said he’s close to. I sip my drink while waiting for him. A sudden thought that he wants to meet me before he goes back to Seoul makes me realize something. I am so curious on why he wants to meet me beforehand. Does he know something or he wants to say something to me? I have no idea and thinking of any possibilities tiring me so I stop and enjoying the view from the window on my left. That is when I see him walking to the entrance. He is wearing a long-black coat, black jeans, a white mask covering half of his handsome face and a blue bag pack is on his shoulder. I don’t understand why I feel so nervous after I see him just walking. It’s not the first time I saw him, come on. I take a deep breath to calm down and right after it, I hear a bell rings signalling someone is walk inside the café. He look confuse for seconds before he finally see me waving at him. I can see his eyes smiling when he saw me. He sits down in front of me and I notice that he’s wearing a plain white shirt inside his coat. It must be his favourites outfit. 

“I’m sorry, the bus take longer time to stop. I didn’t expect that. You must have wait for hours.” He said.

“nope, it’s okay. I text you when I get here so it wasn’t literally for hours waiting. I know it’s far but you insist to meet me here. are you okay?” I ask him.

He laugh handsomely “it’s fine. I really want to see you again, are you okay?”, he stares at me and smile. I feel something’s tickling in my stomach, and then I manage to answer,

“of course I’m okay with it. But, you said you’ll get back to Seoul at eight. I’m worry that you get tired already for coming here. I told you I can visit you instead. Eiysh- you’re so stubborn.” I pretend to pout at him

He laughs, revealing a smile I know I’ll miss later. “I told you I don’t want you to travel far away alone. It’s dangerous. Ah! Do you want to eat something before we go?”

“mwol?” I ask him because I surprise with his statement. He just came and now he’s already asking me to go out somewhere. “where are we going? I thought you want to meet up here.”

“it’s just a transit place to make it easier for us to go together. There’s a place I like and I want to show it to you.” He said

“aah. And where is it? Is it far?” I am so curious about where he will take me to. 

“emmmh, I guess it’ll take 15minutes to get there by walking. Want to go there now?” he asked.

I look at my watch and realize it’s almost 6 p.m, plus he need to get back to Seoul at 9, I don’t want to waste any more time talking, so I agree to go now. “but, you haven’t drink anything. Aaah, I know. you must be scared that people might recognize your face when you order drinks. Do you want something? I’ll buy it for you.” I offer to him

He laugh then take a sip on my caramel macchiato, “thankyou. But I’m fine, besides, I’m not scared people might recognize me, I am just, just,, nervous.” He stutters then smiles shyly.

“what do you mean? Why are you nervous?” I ask bluntly.

He looks hesitate before he finally answers, “I’m more scared that people will recognize you hanging out with me and I am so nervous because of you”, he stares at me then looking at the wall. His cheeks were so red and I found it cute. I laugh so he won’t embarrass again but deep inside, I thought my heart has jumped out from my chest after he said so.

He asks me to move before it’s getting darker. We walk side by side while chatting and joking all the way. I get tired because of laughing out loud at his jokes, he is sure funny and it’s fun to be with him. I realize that we walk to the centre of the city. He lead me to enter a tall building, I recognize it’s a recording studio. I know this building but I never thought that today I’ll get a chance to walk inside and it’s with him. He presses the elevator to take us up and he holds the door with his hands to let me in first. Now that we’re here, I am so curious on what are we going to do. I asked him before while walking to the elevator, but he’s just smile and tells me to wait. 

The elevator bells dings once sign that we arrive. I realized that it’s rooftop but it’s so dark that I get so scared. I held on his coat to make sure he doesn’t disappear randomly and leaving me all alone. “yaa, what are we doing here? it’s so dark. I can see nothing.” I start to nag him. I can hear he’s laugh then he grab my hands which holding tight to his coat and intertwining our hands together. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter