Chapter 5 - Hold Me Tight

Meant to V
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up earlier today because I have a lunch date with him. I texted him last night and he said yes. Actually it is hard for us to meet up because he lives in a different area from my hometown.  But because it still in Busan, we still can make it. He told me to meet up at a pizza restaurant near Geo-chan, Daegu. I told him, we can just meet in his hometown but he refuse my idea since he does not want me to travel far away alone and he told me he wants a quick tour before he come back to Seoul.

It will be our first meeting. I know him from Eun-sol.  She excitedly told me how handsome he is, how charming and cute he is and he is super kind and gentlemen.  Actually I doubt it, because he is younger than me, not that I have a strict mindset that younger guy cannot be with older girls, but I just feel more comfortable with same-age guy. Like Taehyungie. When I told Eun-sol that I don’t really like him, she forced me to save his number on my phone. Thanks to the idea of ‘bestfriend knows everything, including your phone’ password, she successfully added him to my contact. Moreover, a week after, when she found out that I did not make any progress with him, she successfully hacked my phone, again, texted him using my phone. I just realized it when I found out that he texted me back asking if I Eun-ah. I remember I cursed Eun-sol after and she just giggled and told me to give it a try.  Approximately a month after that incident, I just realized that I texting him almost every day.

Though we are quite close through chatting, all I know is his name and the fact that he is working in Seoul. From what he said, I guess he is quite rich and successful. He often texted me that he flew across the seas visiting other countries to work, I guess he is the heir of his family or something. He is in the late 20’s and looking at the fact that he is working and quite rich, I can assume that he is the heir. Honestly, I’m quite curious of what he and his family doing for living. All I know is his name Jungkook. I want to ask what his surname but I always forget it and I realized that it might be weird if I ask and I stalk his family afterwards, so I canceled the plan. I will know him more when we meet later.

I check my phone and as expected, there is one text from him saying good morning and telling me not to skip my breakfast as I always do. I reply his text with a short teasing text saying I’ll eat so little breakfast because I really want to eat some pizza. I press send button and I went outside to wash myself. I took a glance at the clock. It’s almost 10am. We agree to meet up at 12pm, so I decided to get ready because I haven’t chosen what to wear either. I sit down in front of my makeup table and start applying base makeup. I have to make sure it does not look too much, but I don’t want him to saw me in bare face either. A message from him, saying he’s on his way to Geo-chan, pop-up at that time. I smile and text him back, telling him to take care. I feel like it’s more like a date now. I shake my head off and telling me to keep focus that we’re just bestfriend. I’m getting ready, take a long time to pick what to wear and take a longer time to pick which bag should I wear. I spend an hour and half to get ready. I go downstairs and read my mom notes on the refrigerator saying she goes to the town for grocery shopping. Yes! Means I don’t have to do it today and tomorrow. I sip a glass of watermelon juice she prepared and go outside headed to the restaurant.

I walk happily enjoying the road and people busy talking to each other. I enter the restaurant and I look up for him inside. Incoming message notification startled me. It’s from Taehyung. I decided to ignore it. I just type ‘where are,,,’ in his chat room when suddenly he call me. “Does anything bother you?’ he said when I pick up.

“nope.” I laugh. “Why did you ask such question on phone?”

“You just frowned. I thought something bad happen. Never mind. Mind to turn right and find me?” he asks.

I turn right and see there are only few tables there and obviously it’s him who is sitting facing the wall, turn his back on me. Just to check, I ask him what he wears.

“Blue beanie, plain white t-shirt, black ripped jeans and long black coat.” He said. Then it’s definitely him.  “Notice me? He asks.

I walk closer to him and sit right away in a chair on the opposite. I put my bag down and when I hung up and I say “I found you”, I almost passed out because I finally see his face. Not because he is super handsome, but yes he is handsome and cute at the same time. I shocked to death because I just realize that he is BTS Jungkook. Stupid me. I should’ve known since Eun-sol said he is very popular that every girls are willing to death just for winning his attention and I should be grateful that I know him personally.

“are you okay?” he asks. I manage to answer him with a question “no, are you okay?” dumbfounded.

“I’m Jungkook. Jeon,,” he start talking and I cut him off, “Jeon Jungkook, member of Bangtan Boys. Debuted on June, 3 years ago. I know that much.” I said.

He laughs handsomely, “well, that much is enough.”

“yeah, ‘that much’ shocking ‘very much’ though” I replied. He laugh and he give me a glass of water, I drink a few gulps and finally feel calm. He explains that he thought Eun-sol has told me everything. I told him, I hate Eun-sol and I promise to pinch her to death later. He laughs and yes he is handsome. I think I might like him. Oh no.

Wait, I just realize that he is a member of BTS then he must know Taehyung. I must be careful not to mention anything about Taehyung today. I must pretend to be nobody. Then I’ll be okay.

“now that I think you have adjusted to me, you must have understand why I sit here, where there’s only few  table and almost no people.” He laughs awkwardly, then continue, “aah, no, I’m afraid that you thought I’m ert or something that I choose this corner,” he continue worriedly but cute, “don’t think about strange things, I’m not ert, I’m just trying to,,” he stutters

“trying to convince me you’re not a ert or maniacs or worst, exhibitionist”, I continues and give him a smile. He stares at me then we laugh out loud.

“glad you understand me perfectly” he said. “should we start our lunch then?”, he asks

I nodded and he handed me the menu. I look at the menu carefully, choosing what I would like for the pizza topping. I raise my head to asks him what would he like and my eyes stop looking at a beautiful-pink and red rose bouquet in front of me. I stare blankly then he put the bouquet in front of me. I give him “what is this?”- look.

“you said you love flowers. I see those fresh flowers on the way here and I thought you’ll like it so I bought you some” he smiles.

I can’t help but smile because he is so thoughtful. Even I don’t remember when exactly I told him about flowers but he knows. I thanked him and we start order our lunch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter