We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 8 

 

Yuri's words still vibrated in Tiffany's mind. Even though it has been five days since her friend had been urging her to finally confessed to Yunho, she had still yet to do it. So maybe she was a little scared. Even though she had never known of him having a girlfriend since they became friends, she knew he had dated before and maybe that scared her a little. Sure, she had dated guys before but never longer for a week or two. In high school, she was considered a serial girlfriend and despite what everyone said, she never slept with a single one of them. The longest relationship she had was the last one she had been in which had lasted almost a year before she found out he had been cheating on her. Maybe she was a little scared of being in a relationship again, but still, this was Yunho. Carefree, easy to be around, happy all the time Yunho and she knew for sure that she loved him. So finally, throwing away her worries, she stood up from her desk and began to head down to the gym. 

 

Waving at Hyoyeon as she stopped outside the gym, she took a deep breath and tried to make all her worries and insecurities away. It was now or never, she wouldn't put it off any longer. It was the best time she could have picked. There was no sports this afternoon and only a few co-workers were left. Taking another deep breath, she opened the door and stepped in. 

 

Yunho was standing by the bleachers feverishly writing on his clipboard. She contemplated leaving but scolded herself at the thought. She wasn't going to back out of it now. 

 

Walking over to him, she called, "Hey Yunho Oppa" and waved her hand in greetings. 

 

When he looked up, he sent her one of his famous smiles before replying, "Hey Fany. Sorry I haven't talked to you much lately. I have been kinda swamped preparing for the student teacher that's coming in a few days." 

 

"Really? Didn't you have one last year?" Tiffany asked, "And didn't it end in a disaster?" 

 

"Ok, so maybe Inguk was a little too enthusiastic." Yunho said. 

 

"He tried to killed you." 

 

"Tiffany, he only locked me in a closet for like eight hours. I was fine. I just really needed to go to the bathroom." 

 

"And the year before that, wasn't it some guy that creeped on all the girls?" 

 

"Yes, but this year, it will be fine. They are going to picked between the top three in the class. Whichever one turns up less psychotic then that's the one I will get." 

 

"Yeah, okay, whatever makes you feel better." Tiffany said. She could feel her confidence slowly fading. If she didn't try anything, she would probably loses her courage. 

 

"Please, you are the one who's worrying." Yunho teased. 

 

Gathering all of her courage, Tiffany asked, "Oppa, are you doing anything this Friday?" 

 

"Huh? Why?" Yunho asked, with a raised eyebrow. 

 

"I was, uh...thinking maybe we could go get something to eat or go see a movie or something after worked." Tiffany hoped Yuri would be fine with her asking him out on a date. Besides, it would be easier to tell him how she felt if she wasn't in a room that smelled of sweat and rubber. 

 

"Wow, uh...Tiffany. As much as I would loved to accept your offered, I already have something planned." Yunho said, rubbing the back of his head, "I just can't cancelled on them on such a short notice." 

 

"Oh, uh...yeah, I understand." Tiffany said, feeling as though her heart had been stomped on. Yunho never did anything on Friday nights except pester her or go out for drinks with Siwon and Byunghee but if she had asked him if he wanted to do something with her, he would normally ditched the guys so... "What do you have planned for Friday?" "Oh, Yoona asked me earlier this week if I wanted to have dinner with her. We haven't talked much since high school so I jumped on the offered. Sorry Fany, just know I would have rather been with you." Yunho said sheepishly. 

 

Feeling her heart ache even more, she said, "It's fine Oppa. You don't have to apologize. You are a single guy and it's not like we are dating or something and I'm asking you on a date." 

 

"Fany?" Yunho asked. 

 

"Well, anyway, have fun with Yoona tomorrow. I will just stayed at home and rent a movie or something." Tiffany said, struggling to keep it together, "Anyway, I gotta go so see you tomorrow." 

 

"Tiffany!" Yunho called out, as she ran off, running his long fingers through his hair, groaning. The face she made when he told her that he was having dinner with Yoona had broken his heart a little. He just hoped she knew that it wasn't a date. He really wished he wasn't such a nice guy who didn't like to break promises because if he was, he would have chosen Tiffany in a heartbeat. 

 

When Tiffany got back to her classroom, she slammed the door behind her and sat down in her chair. She shouldn't be jumping to conclusions; Yunho hadn't said it was a date. She was just being paranoid but she couldn't helped but think of what Yuri had told her about their history and really, what did she have that was any better than the brown haired social studies teacher. Even though she considered Yoona a friend, she couldn't helped but think that Yunho might be wooed by the brown haired vixen. 

 

She felt her heart sink in her chest a little more. Cursing herself and shaking her head, she scolded herself. What if Yuri had told her was true then Yunho wouldn't reciprocate Yoona's feelings but like the idiot she was, she still worried.