We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 22 

 

As Yunho stood in the middle of a sea of high school boys, he regretted his promise of taking them out for food. They were probably going to costs him his paycheck for the week. They probably didn't know what "You can only spend up to ten dollars" meant. As usual, they sounded like one hundred people instead of twenty-three and it looked like the tired lady at the registered agreed when she sent him a glare. If he didn't calm them down then it would be another place that he was never allowed back in because of them. 

 

Deciding that he would have to in his pride and resort to begging would be his best option, he pulled out his phone, he quickly called his savior. 

 

When he heard Tiffany picked up, he let out a sighed of relief before quickly saying, "Thank god you picked up. Anyway, I really need your helped to controlled these guys." 

 

She was quiet for a second before responding, "Sure, I will be there in five." And then promptly hung up. It more or less left Yunho stunned. He normally had to begged her to get her to agreed to helped him controlled teenagers on the weekend. Plus, she hadn't really sounded like herself. Maybe it was just because he had woken her up or something but still, she had gone out with Junsu the night before. 

 

Feeling a flare of angered, Yunho swore that if he had done anything to her he would find him and pound him into the ground. 

 

When he saw that the final one had ordered, he quickly pushed his way to the front and got two more orders of pancakes before paying. His bank account was practically crying but at least Tiffany wouldn't be making him cry for not buying her food. 

 

"Okay guys." Yunho said, clapping his hands together to get their attention, "Now were going to wait quietly for the food and when you get it, go sit in that corner." Yunho said, pointing to the far corner, "And eat. If you don't followed these rules then I will have Chaewon." He said, gesturing over to the poor girl that Woosung had somehow managed to corral into coming, "Punch you in the face. We all clear?" 

 

"Yes!" They responded in unison. 

 

"Good. Now, Ms. Hwang will be here soon to helped me. If I hear any joke or comment, Chaewon will punch you in the face five times." 

 

After he finished, Chaewon raised her hand, "What do you need Chaewon?" Yunho asked. 

 

"Can a punch Woosung in the face?" She asked. 

 

"Hey!" Woosung exclaimed. 

 

"Um...Sure, but why?" Yunho asked, confused. The last time he had checked, apparently the two were dating. He had no idea how Woosung had managed to get a nice girl like Chaewon. 

 

"Because he made me get up early today to come here and eat pancakes with these people." Chaewon said, obviously tired and exasperated. 

 

"Uh, okay then. Just don't hurt him too much." Yunho said, before turning to watch the others go up and get pancakes. All he heard was Woosung yelling 'Ow' and then him mumbling to himself. 

 

Right after the last guy got their pancakes did Tiffany arrived and Yunho hated to think it but she looked like a wreck. Her eyes seemed red and puffy and she looked like she hadn't had any sleep. 

 

"Hey Fany." Yunho greeted her, before handing her a plate of pancakes. 

 

"Hey Yunho Oppa." Tiffany answered, mustering a smile, "You didn't need to get me food." 

 

"Sure, I do." Yunho said, "If I didn't, you would have called me cheap or something." 

 

"Yeah, I guess." Tiffany sighed. 

 

"You alright Fany?" Yunho asked, as he led her over to where everyone was sitting. 

 

"Oh yeah, perfectly fine." Tiffany said, before sitting down but she sure didn't looked fine. Heck, she didn't even looked closes to fine. 

 

"Well, you sure don't looked that way." Yunho stated, as he sat next to her. 

 

"I just didn't get much sleep last night." Tiffany answered, as she stared down at the pancakes. 

 

"Did Junsu try anything on you?" Yunho asked hastily. 

 

"What? No. I told you I just didn't get much sleep." Tiffany said firmly, before picking at her pancakes. 

 

"Okay then." Yunho said, looking at her worriedly before turning to eat his pancakes. 

 

"Looks like trouble in paradise." Mansoo snickered to his tablemates. 

 

"Do you remember what Coach Jung told me to do if anyone made comments about Ms. Hwang's and his relationship?" Chaewon asked. 

 

"Oooh, I'm so scared." Mansoo mocked, putting his hands up. 

 

"You better be." Woosung said, "She will deck you." 

 

"Hey, I'm not whipped like you are." 

 

Kicking him under the table, Chaewon couldn't helped but smirked when he immediately let out a yelped of pain before saying, "It's obvious that Ms. Hwang was probably crying before she came but most likely, it had nothing to do with Coach Jung. Now, hurry up and finished this sad excuses of a celebration so he can talked to her." 

 

When the last kid had finally headed home, did Yunho turned and take a good looked at Tiffany. She no longer looked as bad as she did earlier but he could still see the sadness in her eyes and that the smile was fake. She obviously hadn't felt like telling him about it in front of the others but maybe when it was just the two of them, she would be willing to tell him. 

 

"Hey Fany. How did you get here?" Yunho asked. 

 

"I called a taxi." Tiffany replied. 

 

"See, now aren't you happy I paid for your breakfast? You had already spent a decent amount on a cab." 

 

"Yeah, I guess." Tiffany said, shrugging her shoulders. 

 

"So, you want me to take you home?" Yunho asked. 

 

"Yeah sure, that be great." Tiffany said, giving him a smile that looked like it was hurting her to performed. 

 

While the drive to her apartment was absolutely quiet, Yunho was preparing himself to the task of asking Tiffany what was going on. She was always the most sharing person on how she was truly feeling; she tended to pushed it all down until she exploded. 

 

Pulling up to her apartment, he turned to her and asked, "Hey Fany, you sure everything is okay? You didn't looked that good earlier." 

 

"Oppa, did you just insult me on my looks?" Tiffany asked, with a tone of annoyance and a raised eyebrow, "Wha...No way Tiffany. Your beautiful, best looking girl in town." Yunho said quickly, trying his best to appeases her angered. 

 

"You better believe it." She muttered, before looking down at her lap. 

 

"Tiffany, you know you can tell me anything, right? I'm your friend, sticking with you through thick and thin. Please just tell me what's obviously got you so upset." Yunho pleaded, putting his hand on her shoulder. 

 

Biting her lips, thinking over if she should tell him about the phone called from last night. He would find out eventually but he would hate it if he found out through someone else. Taking in a deep breath as she held back her tears, she asked, "Can we do it inside my apartment at least?" 

 

"Huh? Of course Fany, whatever makes you feel more comfortable." Yunho answered, before the two of them headed towards Tiffany's apartment. The minute she opened the door, Happy greeted the two them with a loud purred. 

 

"Did I forget to feed you Happy?" Tiffany asked, as she set down her keys before scratching his ear. 

 

"Geez, I think he's more your cat then our cat." Yunho mumbled. 

 

"Sit down." Tiffany said, pointing at the couch, "I will feed Happy and then we can talked." Yunho walked to the living room as she walked into the kitchen. He noticed the tissue box that was empty on the coffee table. So, it looked like she had been crying at some point before he called if she had emptied an entire tissue box and hadn't replaced it. 

 

When she came back, Yunho scooched over and patted the spot next to him. She rolled her eyes at him before sitting down and clasping her hands tightly. 

 

"So, I got a phone called yesterday while I was out." Tiffany said, avoiding looking at Yunho, "So, when I got home, I was surprised to see a message on that phone so I obviously listened to it because I was curious." Gulping, she continued, "It was a message from one of the people who worked for my father. They had called to tell me...to tell me...tell me." Tiffany said, beginning to gasps and feeling the tears come back once again. Taking in a deep breath, she tried to calm herself down; she didn't want Yunho to see her like this, a total wreck. 

 

Feeling a strong arm wrapped around her shoulders before wrapping around her side, she looked over at Yunho and saw that his eyes had softened. 

 

"It's okay. If it's too hard, you don't have to..." Yunho began, trying to calm her down. 

 

"No, I need to tell you." Tiffany said, taking in another deep breath before continuing softly, "My dad. He...He...He passed away." 

 

"Fany." Yunho said quietly, tightening his gripped around her, "I'm so sorry." 

 

"No, no, don't be. The two of us had a terrible relationship and." Tiffany said, holding back her sobs. 

 

"That doesn't mean that you are not upset, that you didn't care about him. Tiffany, don't hold all of this in. You need to let it out. Don't bottle up your emotions." 

 

"Bu...But..." Tiffany said, beginning to gasps again, as she felt the tears returned, "I'm not crying be...because I'm s...sad that he died. I'm crying because th...the irony is we hated each o...other and I wanted to f...fixed our re...relationship bu...but now he's dead and." Tiffany sobbed, before crumpling into tears. 

 

"It's okay Fany." Yunho said, comforting her, "Just let it all out." As she buried her face into his shoulder, he tightened his gripped around her as he muttered, "It's going to be okay."