We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 45 

 

"You know, you really should go see someone about your sleep talking." Tiffany said, one morning, drawing Yunho's attention from the cartoon on the TV to her. 

 

"What do you mean?" Yunho asked, through a mouthful of cereal. 

 

Tiffany cringed a little at the displayed as she replied, "You woke me up at three in the morning." 

 

"Really?" Yunho asked, as he rested his spoon on the edge of his bowl, "I don't remember doing that." 

 

"Obviously." Tiffany said, with a sighed as she looked down at the soggy bowl of cereal that was sitting in her lap, "Why exactly do you need chloroform for at 3am?" 

 

"What do you mean?" Yunho asked, as he cocked his head slightly at her question. 

 

"That's what you were saying last night. Well, more like asking. You just kept repeating 'I need chloroform' or 'give me some damn chloroform', my personal favorite was when you said 'it's going to escape and brutally murder both of us unless you get me the ing chloroform'. What kind of dream were you having last night?" Tiffany asked, as Yunho just stared at her with wide eyes. 

 

"Really? I said stuff like that? Well, I was having this dream where we were like bounty hunters and we had this weird animal in the cage and it was like eating through the cage or something but that's all I remember." Yunho said, with a shrugged before turning back to his cereal and cartoon. 

 

Tiffany just watched him with bafflement before giving up and started to eat her soggy coco puffs while watching whatever cartoon Yunho had found on at eight in the morning. It was quiet like this for a while with the only sounds filling the room was the TV and the sound of spoons clinking against bowls. It was a normal Sunday with the two of them lounging on the couch, facing each other with their legs tangled under the blankets they were sharing and cartoons on the TV. 

 

"Imagine if you sleepwalked, too?" Tiffany asked suddenly, the thought jumping to her mind. 

 

"Man, I think it had be even worse. Imagine me finding a way out of the apartment and like out into the streets. I had probably just walked around, falling into trash cans and showing up at the quick mart down the street." Yunho said, with a chuckled. 

 

"What if you stole food and you tried to pay the attendant but you had no money but you thought you paid and then you had just walked out?" 

 

"The police would put out a bulletin for a sleep walking man in the possession of an armful of chips. If found, please wake him up before his girlfriend finds him and beats him up for you." Yunho said, laughing while he moved his arms around enthusiastically. 

 

"What if you started knocking on the neighbors doors? Oh god, that would probably end with us getting kicked out." Tiffany said, shaking with laughter, "What if you just showed up at their door at three in the morning and when they opened the door, you asked them for chloroform." 

 

"Man, I sure hope I don't knocked on the new neighbors' door and asked that." Yunho said, shaking his head, "Hm, you mean the Cho?" Tiffany asked, pausing in her laughter. 

 

"Are they the ones that just moved across the hall from us?" Yunho asked back. 

 

"Yeah." 

 

"Yeah, them. I don't want to asked them that for sure." Yunho said. 

 

"What do you have against them? You have only seen them like what? Once?" Tiffany asked, as she shifted her position to put her empty bowl on the floor. 

 

"Yeah, but...I mean, I'm pretty sure." Yunho said, before pausing and looking around before turning back to her and whispering, "They are serial killers." 

 

Tiffany stared at Yunho for a few seconds with a confused looked before saying, "Technically, you are a cereal killer since you just ate all that cereal." 

 

"Don't joke about stuff like that Tiffany!" Yunho exclaimed, before looking around again. 

 

"Do you think they have this placed bugged or something?" Tiffany asked, as she crossed her arms, leaning against the armrest of the sofa. 

 

"They could have. I mean, if they are serial killers, they might want to know if any of us figured it out." Yunho said, while shaking his hands at her. 

 

"Uh huh." Tiffany said, with a raised eyebrow, "And how would they have done that since...Well, you know, they haven't even been in our apartment." 

 

"Tiffany." Yunho said seriously, "If they can killed people, I'm pretty sure they can break into someone's apartment." 

 

"And where are you getting these assumptions that are neighbors are killing people?" 

 

"They just looked like they do." 

 

"So, you are basing your entire assumption on their looks? Yunho Oppa, you probably looked like some punk or druggie." Tiffany said, with exasperation. 

 

"It's not my fault I have weird genetics!" Yunho grumbled, before saying, "It's not just that, they come back at weird hours of the night." 

 

"One of them works in the ER and the other volunteers as a firefighter." Tiffany said, with a sighed, "I'm sure that having those kind of jobs called for you having weird worked hours." 

 

"Ok, but I swear, I have seen them buy like excessive qualities of bleach and they seem to buy new knives like every other month." Yunho said, clearly in some state of distressed. 

 

"So people have their quirks." Tiffany said, with a shrugged. 

 

"Buying fifteen quarts of bleach and new knives every month is a quirked?" Yunho asked doubtfully. 

 

"Sure, maybe their clean freaks or something and maybe they still haven't bought enough knives yet." Tiffany suggested, "Besides, I'm sure they don't judged us when we bought eight boxes of kids cereal or when you go out and buy excessive amounts of mistletoe." 

 

"Buying kids cereal isn't weird." Yunho said. 

 

"It might be when two full grown adults are buying it for themselves." Tiffany replied. 

 

"I don't see your point." 

 

"My point is that you can't called our neighbors serial killers because of a few weird things." Tiffany said, shaking her head, "I swear, where do you get these ideas from?" 

 

"Ok, but listened to this. One time, Happy and me were outside at like three in the morning..." 

 

"Why did you take Happy out in three in the morning?" Tiffany butted in. 

 

"Because he wanted to." Yunho said simply, before continuing, "So, Happy and I were outside and I saw the two of them carrying someone into their apartment." 

 

"And? That doesn't mean their killing people." Tiffany said, "Maybe they were out with friends and one of them got too drunk so they drove them back with them and let them crash at their place until they could go get their car." 

 

"But why would it take two of them? Don't they say people get heavier when they die or something?" Yunho asked, his eyebrows raised. 

 

"First off, I have no idea if that weird fact of yours is true and secondly, the person might have been too heavy for one of them so the other helped out." Tiffany said, waving her hands about as she talked. 

 

"Fine, but don't you see the obvious fact that our neighbors are most likely serial killers." Yunho said, crossing his arms with an 'humph'. 

 

"Oppa, stopped it. They are nice people." Tiffany said, with a sighed. 

 

"And how would you know that for sure? You can't just talked to someone once and decide whether their nice or not." Yunho argued. 

 

"Oh my god, Oppa. Don't be so childish." Tiffany said, placing her head in her hands. 

 

"I'm just saying that it makes senses." 

 

"Don't you think it would be on the news or something, you know, if their finding a bunch of dead people or hell a bunch of missing people, they had put it on the news!" Tiffany exclaimed, as she threw her hands in the air, "Maybe they killed people that live by themselves or something or people who worked at home and maybe they uses all that bleach to dispose of them or something." Yunho said. 

 

"Oppa, please." Tiffany said, rubbing her temples, "This is not the kind of argument I want to start at nine in the morning." 

 

"Fine!" Yunho grumbled, "I'm just saying that if I asked them if they have chloroform they probably would!" Thankfully, peace soon returned to the apartment and Happy, who had been awoken by the tiff, appeared and jumped up onto the couch to harass his owners since they had woken him up so that meant they had obviously wanted to spend time with him but silence never seemed to stayed for too long. 

 

"Ok, but like hear me out, don't you think everything I have told you is a little suspicious." Yunho said, with a pleading smile. 

 

"No, because I don't looked for reasons for my neighbors to be serial killers." Tiffany said, running her fingers through her hair, "I also don't mistake normal things and quirks as a big signed that screamed 'murder' unlike someone apparently." 

 

"I'm just saying that it makes senses." Yunho said, with a shrugged. 

 

"It makes no sense at all." 

 

"Fine." Yunho said, "Believe that they are perfectly normal people who don't murder people in their free time." "Gladly." Tiffany huffed. 

 

"Ok, but what about Miss. Lang than?" Yunho asked suddenly. 

 

"What about her?" Tiffany asked, confused of the sudden turned to the oldest resident in the building. 

 

"Don't you think she has a serial killer vibe to her?" Yunho asked. 

 

"Wha...No, of course not! She's like fifty years old!" Tiffany shrieked. 

 

"I'm not saying she's a serial killer right now but maybe when she was younger. She did tell us all of the stories of her eight husbands and how they all died 'sudden and accidental' deaths." 

 

"Which all made perfect, logical sense." Tiffany said, "Are you set on us having a neighbor that is or was a serial killer?" 

 

"I don't know. This place just has that vibe." Yunho said, leaning towards her. 

 

"What kind of vibe does it give you to make you think that?" Tiffany asked slowly, losing all hopes of winning this fight. 

 

"A serial killer one." 

 

"That's it; you are not allowed to watch crime show anymore."