We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 26 

 

Tiffany felt as though all eyes were on her. She couldn't helped but imagined what they were thinking. After all these years without even a single trace of her, she show up. They were probably all thinking that she was only here to see what she had got in the will but even if that was the truth, they wouldn't be any better. 

 

Yunho, sensing Tiffany's worry, squeezed her shoulder reassuringly before letting his arm rest there. He was doing the best to looked like he was totally supposed to be there. Looking around, he took in the guests and noticed how they all seemed...Well, rather old and most looked like those stereotypical rich guys. Shrugging his shoulders, he decided he didn't really care and turned his attention to the casket, the funeral was supposed to start soon apparently. 

 

Tiffany was doing her best to not looked around. She was sure most recognized her and was worried if any of them would try to make small talked with her later. She still remembered how Mr. Sang's son had kinda had a thing for her. It had gotten to the point of the boy's father trying to set up an engagement between the two. Thank god, for once her father hadn't done something that would have ruined her life. 

 

When Mr. Sang noticed her, she quickly averted her eyes and turned them towards the casket. Wasn't the funeral was supposed to start soon? Elbowing Yunho, she whispered, "What time is it?" 

 

Checking his citizen men's eco-drive calender blue leather strap watch before leaning down, he whispered back, "A little bit after three." 

 

"Just wanted to know how much longer until this would start but it looks like they were running behind." Tiffany muttered, before turning her attention to the casket but now, there seemed to be some priests standing by it, "Today." The priest began, his voice ringing out, "We mourned the death of Kijung Hwang, as well as remembered his life." The man waited for everyone to settle down and become quiet before continuing, "Now, Kijung Hwang was a loving husband and father." Tiffany couldn't helped but almost laughed at that statement but she had enough restraint to not be petty towards her dead father, "He was one of those stories you hear all the time as a child, starting from nothing and working their way to the top and soon, becoming one of the richest men in the county. Yes, Kijung lived a fulfilling life. Now, first up, his business partner and close friend, Dongjoo Sang, would like to say a few words." The man said, stepping back and gesturing for the other to come forward. 

 

Once Mr. Sang had made his way to the front, he looked around the crowd, his eyes staying on Tiffany for a few seconds before beginning, "Kijung Hwang was a good friend and an even better business man. To think that he would only live to fifty-eight seems preposterous but here we are today." He said, glancing down at the coffin before turning his attention back to the crowd, "I'm sure he lived a full and satisfying life. He was considered one of the best business men, something all of us business men here strive for. I'm sure he has no regrets in his life." Mr. Sang finished, before stepping back into the crowd, accompanied by a loud applauses. 

 

Tiffany couldn't helped but frowned at the last part. Her father having no regrets in life? That seemed unlikely. He had to somewhat regret that the two of their relationship practically fell apart after her mother's death but who knows what her father thought. 

 

"Now then." The priest said, taking back his spot by the casket, "It's recently come to my attention that Mr. Hwang's daughter, Tiffany, is here. I would like to asked her to come forward and say a few words about your father." He finished, searching the crowd for Tiffany. 

 

Glancing up to Yunho, she saw he was watching her with a questioning looked, "Should I go up there?" Tiffany whispered, glancing quickly up to where the priest was standing. She had no idea what she could say. Besides, no one had even told her about this so truthfully, she really didn't want to go up and talked about her father. Shrugging, Yunho whispered back, "It's up to you but I mean, maybe you should go up. It might make you feel at peace or whatever." 

 

"Yeah, I guess I should." Tiffany sighed, feeling Yunho giving her shoulder a squeezed before Tiffany began to head up to the front. 

 

When she reached the front, the priest smiled and handed her a microphone, "I'm sure your father would want you to say something." He said reassuringly. 

 

'Sure.' Tiffany thought, almost rolling her eyes. Gripping the microphone, she turned around to faced everybody. The feeling that everyone was practically staring her down grew worses. Quickly looking around the crowd, she finally found Yunho, feeling a little bit calmer she began, "I'm still recovering from the sudden death of my father." Instantly, she had no idea what else to say. Should she talked about how her father wasn't even a father, tarnish their memories of him? 

 

Shaking the thoughts from her head, she scolded herself for such thoughts. Funerals were for people. All they wanted to hear was how great her father was. Taking in a deep breathe, she continued, "A fond memory I have of my father is when he surprised my mom and I with a tripped to the beach. It's one of the few memories I have as us as a family, as most of you know, my mother died when I was young. While I don't remembered what we did on the tripped, I do remembered how happy everyone looked. I had rarely seen my father smiled before that tripped but the entire time we were there, he always seemed to be smiling." Pausing, Tiffany fanatically began to think of how to finished her story, "This is one of the happiness memories I have of my father and I'm sure now he's smiling just like he did then, with my mom." 

 

Taking in a deep breath, Tiffany handed the microphone back to the priest before hurrying back to her spot. 

 

"You did great." Yunho whispered into her ear, when she got back. 

 

"Whatever." Tiffany said, crossing her arms over her stomach before tightening them. She had given them what they had wanted, a heartfelt speech from his daughter. 

 

"Now then." The priest said, gesturing towards the coffin, "It's time to lowered the casket into the grave." Tiffany truthfully didn't pay that much attention to this part. She could still remembered when it had happened with her mother. She hadn't understood why they were putting her mother into the ground. Apparently, Areum had to hold her back from running towards the casket. 

 

Turning away, she said to Yunho, "You want to go after this?" 

 

"Hmmm." He said, raising an eyebrow, "Isn't there supposed to be a will or something?" 

 

"Yeah, but I'm not sure I'm going to get anything." Tiffany said, staring at the ground. 

 

"Still, you should stayed for a little longer. Isn't there anyone else you want to talked to here?" Yunho asked, looking around to see where Inhye was. Maybe there were someone near her that Tiffany had been friends with. 

 

"I guess your right." Tiffany said, "There are at least three others I would like to talked to that worked for my father." 

 

"Now, Kijung Hwang has been laid to rest." The priest said, "In about thirteen minutes, the will be read." 

 

"Well, we have only thirteen minutes before they read the will." Yunho said, glancing down at her. 

 

"Yeah, I guess I will go talked to Inhye to see if they are here." Tiffany said, searching around for Inhye. 

 

"Can I tagged along?" Yunho asked. He truthfully didn't want to leave Tiffany alone. A few of these guys were staring at her too much for his liking. 

 

"I guess." Tiffany said, with a shrugged before she noticed Inhye standing off to the side by herself. Grabbing his hand, she said to Yunho, "Come on, let's go." 

 

Before they even reached the maid, she raised her hand in greeting and said, "Hello again, Princess. Do you and your friend planned on staying for the will reading?" 

 

"Yes Inhye, but what I was wondering was, if any of the others are here?" Tiffany asked, when they reached. 

 

"The others?" Inhye questioned, tilting her head. 

 

"You know, Areum, Changwoo, Kyungchul? Are they here?" Tiffany asked, looking around. She hadn't spotted them so far but they might be inside. 

 

"Ah, them." Inhye said, nodding her head, "I'm sorry princess but they have all left." 

 

"What?!" Tiffany exclaimed. 

 

"Changwoo hasn't worked for your father since after you left. No one really knows where he ran off to." Inhye said, shrugging her shoulders, "Areum left the day after your father's death, said she was finally going to move in with her boyfriend. Kyungchul...Well, I'm not sure but I haven't seen him since the day I called you." Inhye said, placing her hand on her chin, "I don't know where he might be. Probably in town most likely. While you were gone, he got a second job at the salon in town I believe." 

 

"Thanks for the info Inhye. I guess I will looked for him tomorrow." Tiffany said, giving the maid a smile. She had truly hoped that she would have been able to talked to those three. She had really missed them since her disappearance. 

 

"Sorry Fany." Yunho said, looking at her concerned; she had sounded so disappointed about the answered Inhye had given her but it looked like one of them was still in town. 

 

"About what? I'm fine. I will try to find Kyungchul tomorrow after I visit my other friend." Tiffany said, shaking her head, "Now then, I'm pretty sure that thirteen minutes is about to be up." 

 

"You are actually going to listened to the will?" Yunho asked surprised, cocking his head. 

 

"Why not?" Tiffany said, shrugging "If we are going to stayed here for it, why wouldn't I listened to it?" 

 

"You have a point." 

 

"Okay then. Let's head back towards the crowd." Tiffany said, before turning around and heading back. Honestly, she wanted to know who her father left everything for and she knew everyone else wanted to know the same thing.