We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 51 
 

Three years later... 

 

"Now then." Tiffany said, as she paced in the front of her classroom, "Can anyone tell me what a theme is?" Surveying the room, she waited for any hands to rise up. When she noticed a girl in the back, looking like she was contemplating raising hers, she called on her, "Joohee, do you know the answered?" 

 

The girl glanced around a few times to see if she was really calling on her before quietly answering, "The subject or lesson an author conveys in their writing." 

 

"Correct." Tiffany said, with a nod before asking again, "So, can anyone tell me what the theme is for the novel were currently reading, The Grapes of Wrath?" Once again, there were no hands raised so she called on the only kid who seem to be reading the book, instead of getting all the answered for homework online, "Jahoon, what is the theme?" 

 

"Oh, um...the theme is family?" He answered, his voice wavering slightly. 

 

"Yes, but add a bit more to it, that's a little too broad." Tiffany said, as she stopped pacing and stood in front of the row of desks he was in. 

 

"Um...family is a means of survival?" 

 

"Good job. Without each other, the Joads would have had no way of coping with the loss of their land or their moved to California." Tiffany said, before continuing her pacing, glancing at the clock, she saw she had only five more minutes until the bell rang, "So, they and many of the other workers learned that they are stronger and safer when they reached out to the other families and when they created a sense of community. This was just one of the main themes that comes up in the book." 

 

Heading over to her desk, she picked up a stack of papers that had on it, their homework for tonight. Walking down the aisle of desk, she passed it out as she said, "Now then, for homework tonight, you are to read the final chapter in the Grapes of Wrath and filled out this organizer that will helped you write your essay on one of the many themes in the story besides family." Just as she finished saying the last word, the bell rang and the sounds of scraping chairs filled the classroom. 

 

Sighing, Tiffany went and sat down at her desk. She had an eight minute break until she had to start teaching again, and the next class was an overly rowdy bunch of seniors who were getting a little too excited about it being only three months until their graduation. Picking up her phone, she unlocked it to see she had two unread messages and a missed phone called. 

 

Tapping on her messages, she saw one of the missed texts was from Yunho and the other one from the twins' babysitter and if she had sent her a message then that probably meant the missed called was from her. Tiffany couldn't helped but feel a feeling of dread come over her at this thought. She had really hope they could keep the same babysitter for a record of five months but it was looking like that might not happened. Opting to skipped over her message, she opened Yunho's instead. 

 

'Hey, just thought I had let you know that Eunjung says that she's quitting for real this time. I'm guessing Kyunghu did something. Again.

 

Well, it turned out her gut feeling was right. They were down another babysitter and it was probably going to end up being their daughters fault. Not on purposed but it's definitely going to end up being connected. 

 

Her fingers hovered over the keyboard as she tried to think of something to text back to him but the bell signaling the start of class rang. Placing her phone back down, she decided they could talked on the way home; this was the final period of the day. So, she did her best to try and teached her class what to expect on their next big test to only have about three actually listening. The other fifteen...Well, they seemed to bust discussing what they planned to do over the summer. 

 

Once the final bell rang and they all ran out of the class, she flopped herself back down in her chair with a small sighed. It was only Tuesday and they were acting like it was Friday. With a grumble, she pulled out her lesson planned and scratched in what they hadn't finished in class and how she had fit it into the next class as well as adding notes such as what papers she had need to print out the next morning. 

 

She was just considering starting to grade the stack of papers she had when she heard a knocked. Looking up, she saw Yunho leaning in the doorway with a tired smiled on his face as well as some small stubble on his chin, "You forgot to shave this morning." Tiffany noted, as she picked up her stack of papers before sliding them into her black/silver Michael Kors Hamilton E/W bag. 

 

"Well, it's kinda hard when it's your turned in the morning to deal with two crazy kids." Yunho said, as he absentmindedly ran his hand over it. 

 

"What do you mean by that?" Tiffany asked, with a small chuckled as she slung her bag over her shoulder and stood up, "It's more like they don't have any energy at all." 

 

"Well, yeah." Yunho said, with a shrugged, "But it's still hard, trying to wake them up before we leave so they don't sleep in until noon." 

 

"Maybe they had be better behave if we did." Tiffany said, as the two of them headed out to the parking lot. 

 

"Yeah, you are probably right." Yunho said. 

 

"So, is that the reason we no longer have a babysitter?" Tiffany asked, with a sighed. 

 

"Yes and no." Yunho said, with a small shake of his head. 

 

"So, there's more?" Tiffany asked, beginning to wondered if she should give the poor girl a little extra for her troubles. 

 

"Apparently, Kwangho hid from her for about five hours and she was about ready to called the police when she found him sitting outside on the middle of the sidewalk just reading." 

 

"For five hours?" Tiffany asked, with a raised eyebrow. 

 

"She claims she forgot they were playing." Yunho said, as they reached the car, "Why am I always the one that ends up getting these phone calls and not you?" 

 

Opening the car door and getting in, Tiffany replied, "Because I just ignored them since you always picked them up." 

 

"And what would happened if, all of a sudden, I didn't picked up?" Yunho asked, as he closed the car door and started the car. 

 

"Why wouldn't you?" Tiffany asked. 

 

"Touché." Yunho said, "So, do you have any idea what babysitter or nanny we haven't driven away yet?" 

 

"No." Tiffany said, "I'm pretty sure she was the only one left that does all day during the week. We might have to add the extra forty minute travel time and just take them to the closest daycare." 

 

"Forty less minutes of sleep?" Yunho said sadly, "It would be such a terrible sacrificed." 

 

"Yeah, but that's our last option." Tiffany said, as she shook her head. She love the two of them to death but they could be such a handful. She could still remembered the day they brought them home as if it was just yesterday but how was she ever going to forget the day when she was handed not one but two crying babies. She and Yunho love them to death but those first few sleepless weeks had been hard to get through with their sanity intact. 

 

When it had come time for Tiffany to go back to worked, they had looked into putting the twins into a nearby daycare only to find the nearest one the next town over. While it was only about twenty minutes away, it wasn't exactly convenient to their already twenty minute drive to the school and it didn't helped that they would have to go in the opposite direction of the school to dropped the kids off. They had labeled it off as too far out of their way at the time but now, it was looking like they would be giving up those precious extra minutes of sleep. 

 

"So?" Yunho said, "How early are we talking about setting the alarm clock now?" 

 

"Probably almost an entire hour." Tiffany said, with a sighed as she leaned her head back against the headrest of the seat. 

 

"Goodbye eight hours of sleep, hello seven." Yunho said mournfully, and a tad too dramatically. 

 

"Just go to sleep earlier." Tiffany chided, as she rolled her eyes. 

 

"Well, do you planned to go to sleep earlier? Because the last time I checked, half the time I'm up so late is to make sure you don't fall asleep while grading papers Mrs. I-Need-To-Grade-All-My-Papers-At-Once." Yunho said, as they pulled up to their house. They had been planning to just stayed in the old apartment for the first few months after the baby had been born but once finding out it was going to be babies, they figured it might be better to just move into a house. 

 

Getting out of the car, Tiffany grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulders as Yunho headed off to go face the babysitter first. Opening the front door, he headed inside and could hear a theme song for one of the numerous kids shows coming from the TV. He could see the twins sitting on the couch and one very angry or stressed, babysitter heading his way. 

 

"Hey Eunjung." Yunho said, "So, um..." 

 

"I'm quitting for good this time." She said, as she breezed by him, "Goodbye." 

 

Yunho cringed as he heard the door slammed and then opened a few seconds later, "So, I take it that didn't go too well?" Tiffany asked, as she closed the door behind her. 

 

"She didn't even bother to get her money. She just stormed out." Yunho said, a little taken aback. 

 

"I will go find the number for the daycare. You go talked to the twins." Tiffany said, as she shrugged her bag off onto the ground. 

 

"Uh huh." Yunho said, as he glanced over at the twins who were now looking over the couch at their parents, "Do you two know what you did today?" Yunho asked, as he crossed his arms and tried to make the best sterned face he could think to make. 

 

"I tried to learned how to fly." Kyunghu said, as she flapped her arms up and down. 

 

"Yeah, me and your mom heard about it from Eunjung." Yunho said, doing his best to keep his expression in place. 

 

"She told you." Kyunghu said, her eyes lighting up, "Did she tell you that Happy can fly?" 

 

"She told us that you said he can." Yunho said, realizing quickly that this kind of treatment wasn't going to worked on Kyunghu. 

 

"Yeah, Happy told me he could fly!" She cried, as she pointed over at Happy who was currently tucked up into a ball and fast asleep. 

 

"Kyunghu, Happy is a cat. He can't talked and he can't fly either. Just like how people can't fly which means you can't either." Yunho said, glancing over to see if it was having any sort of effect on Kwangho, best to know whether or not he would need to change strategies. Kwangho seemed a lot more affected by Yunho's stared then Kyunghu, "I could fly." Kyunghu said, as she crossed her arms with a pout settled across her face, "I just need to flapped my arms really hard." And as if to prove this point, she began to flapped her arms around again. 

 

"Uh huh." Yunho said, as his eyebrow went up. This was beginning to looked more and more like a Tiffany conversation to him. So, he turned his attention to the other perpetrator, Kwangho. 

 

"I almost forgot what you did mister." Yunho said, as he turned his gazed to his son. Kyunghu stopped flapping her arms for a second and looked over at her brother. 

 

Kwangho pointed at himself, a guilty looked spreading across his face. 

 

"Yes, you." Yunho said, as he stood firmed, his arms still crossed, "Eunjung looked for you for five hours only to find you outside reading. Care to tell me why you were outside?" 

 

"Me and Kyunghu were playing hide and seek." Kwangho said, as he looked down at the sofa, avoiding his dad's eyes. 

 

"Uh huh, and what else?" Yunho asked. 

 

"And Kyunghu was taking a long time looking for me so I went back inside and got a book to read while I hid." Kwangho said, as he continued to avoid his dad's gazed. 

 

"Do you know why what happened wasn't right?" Yunho asked, hoping he had get through to one of the twins. Kwangho nodded his head and answered, "I shouldn't have hid outside where no one could see me and I should have gone back inside if Kyunghu hadn't found me after a long time." 

 

"Ok then, I hope you have learned your lesson." Yunho said, as he watched Kwangho nod his head. Now, all that was left to do was to get through to Kyunghu which was harder than it would seem. 

 

"What about you Kyunghu?" Yunho said, turning back to Kyunghu, "Do you know what you did wrong?" 

 

"I can fly." Kyunghu said, determination in her voice. 

 

"I don't think so, dear." Tiffany said, sneaking up from behind Yunho. 

 

"Mommy." Kyunghu said, as she held her arms up. 

 

"Hello Kyunghu." Tiffany said, as she picked her daughter up. Resting her on her hips, she looked at her with a sterned gazed, "You do know you can't fly Kyunghu, you are a human and we can't fly." 

 

"But why not?" Kyunghu asked, as she crossed her arms across her chest as another pout formed on her face, "Because we don't have wings." Tiffany said, "Birds can fly because they have wings. You and Happy don't have wings which means you can't fly." 

 

Kyunghu was quiet for a few minutes as she seemed to soak in this information before saying, "So I can't fly?" 

 

"I'm sorry dear, but you can't." Tiffany said, as she pressed a kissed to her temple, "Now then, I think we have something else to talked about." Setting Kyunghu back down on the couch, she looked at the two of them as she said, "Eunjung is not going to be watching you two for us anymore." 

 

"Why?" Kwangho asked, his brow furrowed. 

 

"She..." Tiffany said, as she looked over at Yunho for helped. 

 

"She has to moved to another town so she can't watched you two anymore." Yunho said, as Tiffany gave him a nod as a silent thank you. 

 

"Oh." The two of them said in unison. 

 

"So now, the two of you are going to stayed at a daycare while daddy and I are at worked." Tiffany said, as she clapped her hands together, "You will get to meet other kids that are your age, doesn't that sound like fun?" "Yeah." Kyunghu said, as she began to bounce up and down. Kwangho, on the other hand, looked a bit...Well, frightened. 

 

"It's going to be fine." Yunho said, as he rustled Kwangho's hair. 

 

"Well, at least that's all settled." Tiffany said, with a sighed as the twins quickly went back to watching the show they had been watching. 

 

"I will begin to mourned for the sleep I will loses." Yunho said sadly, as Tiffany hit him in the shoulder. 

 

"Oh, calm the act, you drama queen." Tiffany said, "You will just be going to sleep earlier." 

 

"And will you?" Yunho asked. 

 

"I will try." Tiffany said, with a small smile, "I do have some papers I need to grade." 

 

"Then grade them now." Yunho said, before pressing his lips onto her forehead, "I will make dinner so you just grade your papers." 

 

"Oh, what a charmer you are." Tiffany said, placing her hand over her forehead. 

 

"Isn't that why you married me?" Yunho asked, with a chuckled. 

 

"Yes, I supposed." Tiffany said, as she leaned over and pressed a chaste kissed on his lips, "So then, what are we having for dinner?" 

 

"It's going to be a surprised." Yunho said, wiggling his eyebrow. 

 

"I hope the surprised won't be you setting the oven on fire but I'm sure you have gotten better at not catching things on fire after all these years of practiced." Tiffany said, patting his cheek before going over and taking all the papers out of her bag. Yunho had already headed into the kitchen once she had taken out all of her papers. Getting up, she went over and sat on the couch by the twins. Taking in a deep breath, she took out the first paper and her pen. Looking over it, she felt a feeling of happiness just washing over her. Here she was, sitting next to her two, semi-crazy, kids and a loving husband who sometimes seemed like a third kid. She couldn't helped but feel lucky that she had been given this life. Sure, she had worked for it but fate was always involved in some way. 

 

She had only moved to Seoul by random. She hadn't planned to apply to SM High but she did when she just happened to noticed a position in the newspaper. She could have gone an entirely different path but here she was, feeling perfectly content with her life, something she had thought she had never have after her mom's death. Smiling to herself, a chuckled almost escaped from her glossy red color lips. She couldn't helped but feel this happy and she hope Yunho would be the same when she told him they may be adding a new addition soon. 

 


 

A/N: sadly to announce this but this is the end of the story so I would like to thank you to all of you guys, my silent reader, subcriber, voters and those that comments ^^ 

I really appreciate to you all for your patience, considering I couldn't update every day like how I used to because of work and because of that, I will continue to try/write more awesome fanfic 

 

- butt3rflyl0v3r