We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 25 

 

"So, where's the hotel?" Yunho asked, when he entered the town. 

 

"It should be about five minutes away, according to the directions on the website." Tiffany replied, as she gazed at the streets. She was suddenly becoming overwhelmed by old memories. Some good and some not so good. 

 

Yunho watched her from the cornered of his eye while they had kinda talked; she hadn't really gone to in depth with her feelings. He understood that she was freaking out over what could happened at this funeral but he believe that she would be able to make it through. Spotting a hotel, he pointed at it and asked, "That it?" 

 

Glancing towards the hotel, she nodded and said, "Yeah, that's it." 

 

"Great." Yunho said, pulling in the parking lot, beginning to searched for a parking spot. Tiffany had chose to rent a room from one of the chain hotel. There was less a chance of her knowing whoever worked there. She had even gone as far as putting the reservations under Yunho's name as a further defense in her visit being practically unknown. 

 

When Yunho finally found a parking spot, more like he drove past eight good ones because he wasn't paying any attention, did Tiffany officially set foot in her hometown. She had never thought she would ever be back in this town but here she was. Grabbing her bag from the trunk, she waited for Yunho to grabbed his and locked the car, "So Fany, you ready for this?" Yunho asked, walking up beside her, giving her his most encouraging smiled. 

 

"As ready as I will ever be I guess." She sighed before opening the entrance to the hotel. Leading Yunho up to the front desk, she said, "I'm checking in." To the girl who was sitting seemingly very bored at the front desk. 

 

"Name?" She asked, looking at her nails. 

 

"It's under Jung Yunho." She replied, tapping her fingers nervously on her leg. 

 

"Here." The girl said, sliding a pair of keys across the countered, "Room 35." 

 

"Thanks." Tiffany said, before dragging Yunho away. She had spotted the scheming looked in his eye and if she had left him there, he probably would have taken all the mints. For what reason, no one knew, except maybe Yunho himself. 

 

As Tiffany walked down the hallway, searching for the room number, Yunho asked, "Why did you put it under my name?" 

 

Not even looking away from the door number, she replied, "I can't even believe you were actually listening based on how focused you were on the mints." 

 

"Hey, they were the good kind of mints." Yunho said in his defense, before looking at the door number to the left in hopes of being semi-helpful in finding the room. 

 

"There's a good kind of mint?" Tiffany questioned out loud, before spotting there room, grabbing Yunho by his black tasso elba silk linen short sleeve crosshatch shirt, she dragged him over to the room and inserted the key into the locked, "Anyway, I only put it under your name." Tiffany said, as she jiggled the key in the locked, "So there was less chance of someone recognizing me." Tiffany said, continuing in her struggle to get the door opened, "My last name is well-known throughout town so someone would have most likely recognized me." 

 

"Oh." Yunho said, simply nodding in agreement before realizing she still hadn't won in her struggle against the door, "Need some helped?" He asked, gesturing at the door. 

 

"Sure, give your best shot." She said, handing him the key. 

 

"Please, I should be able to opened a door." 

 

"Uh huh." Tiffany said, shaking her head. They only had a few more minutes until they had to leave for her father's house. Enough time to throw their bags on the floor and hopefully enough time for her to change. 

 

When she heard a clicked, she looked over to see that Yunho had been able to opened the door, giving her a gloating looked, he said, "Told you I could opened the door." 

 

"Yeah, yeah, you win the prize." Tiffany said, patting him on the shoulder. 

 

"Is that prize the bed?" Yunho asked, as he looked into the room. 

 

"Huh? What do you mean?" Tiffany asked, poking her head into the room. She then understood what Yunho had asked for in the room, there was only one bed, "What the hell?!" Tiffany exclaimed, as she walked into the room, "There's no way this is our room! It's supposed to have two beds! That girl at the front desk must have given us the wrong key!" Tiffany exclaimed, stomping around. 

 

"Woah, calm down there Tiffany. I will go and talked to her. You just sit here and cool off." Yunho said, choosing his words wisely before bolting off to the front desk to get the answered Tiffany desired. 

 

Flopping down on the bed with a huff, Tiffany sighed and decided that she should at least change. Showing up in a SM High School t-shirt probably wouldn't go over well. 

 

By the time Yunho got back, Tiffany had changed and he was bearing bad news, "So apparently, all the rooms with two beds are either taken or are being refurbished or something. She said you got a room that was the same price as the one you reserved." Yunho said, waiting for Tiffany's response; he figured he had volunteered to sleep on the floor or something so Tiffany could have the bed. 

 

Sighing, Tiffany replied, "I guess we will worry about this after the funeral. Now then, if you are ready, let's get going." Standing up, she began to walked over to the door before turning around to hear Yunho's answered, "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm ready." Yunho said, slightly taken aback by Tiffany's calm manner. He half-expected her to go and demanded another room or something but it looked like the only thing she was stressing about at the moment was the funeral so he did something he did best, he followed her. 

 

The entire car ride to her childhood home was quiet except for when she told him where to turned. He knew she was mentally preparing herself for what was to come so he left her be. When he reached a gate, he looked at Tiffany with a questioning looked. There was no way that they had an entired fence around the property. 

 

Tiffany just rolled her eyes and told him to pulled up closer to the gate. When the front of his car nearly touched the gate, she rolled down her window. 

 

Sticking her head out, she pressed the buzzer and waited. 

 

"Hwang Residence. State your intention." Came the voice from the box. 

 

"We are here for the funeral." She said coolly. The voice wasn't familiar so it was most likely they didn't recognized her voice. Not a word was replied and the gate opened. 

 

"I realized that your dad was rich Fany, but wow, I'm impressed." Yunho said, as he drove towards the house and was truly surprised. He had expected a mansion or something but not this. The house looked like two mansions had been stacked on one another and the yard seemed to go on for miles. 

 

"Yeah, well, it's not that big of a deal. It was just a way for him to show everybody just how rich he was." Tiffany mumbled, as they pulled next to another car. 

 

"Holy Fany! Looked at that car." Yunho said, before quickly scrambling out of the car to get a better looked at it. 

 

Sighing, Tiffany followed him while muttering, "This is going to be an eventful tripped if Yunho Oppa spends the entire time gawking at everything." Turning her attention towards him, she said, "Oppa, stop drooling over the car. We need to find out where they are holding the funeral." 

 

"Okay Fany." Yunho replied, before looking at the car one last time before running next to her. Throwing his arm around her shoulder, he asked, "So, you ready Fany?" 

 

"Yeah, I already told you I was." Tiffany said, contemplating shrugging his arm off while it's not like she disliked it being there, in fact, she quite liked it but still. Shaking her head, she decided damn her appearance. If someone wanted to think that she and Yunho were dating then let them, it's not like she was planning on coming back any time soon. 

 

"So, where is this Inhye?" Yunho asked, looking around as if he already knew what she looked like. 

 

"She was one of my fathers 'Hired helped'." Tiffany said, putting air quotes around hired helped. Her father had referred to them as servants and Tiffany had always hated that termed. She wondered how many would recognized her. She wouldn't mind if Inhye, Changwoo and maybe Areum recognized her but what would she be getting herself into? 

 

"Oh." Yunho said, with wide eyes, "I thought she was like a maid or something." 

 

"Well, that was her job title." Tiffany said, guiding him in the direction she guessed it would most likely be held, "Do you think she will be here?" Yunho asked curiously. He never had heard much of Tiffany's past except for the bare minimum or at least, that's what she called it. It had be nice to meet someone from her childhood. 

 

"Most likely. She was the one to called me." Tiffany said, finally spotting the place she was looking for, the sight of her mother's grave and sure enough, there was a crowd gathered there, "Found it." Tiffany said, pointing towards the group before grabbing Yunho's hand and pulling him over to the area. 

 

"Princess, it's nice to see that you came." Came a voice from behind the two. 

 

"Inhye!" Tiffany exclaimed, turning around to see her red haired friend who had made life bearable during her childhood. 

 

"Princess?" Yunho asked, looking at Tiffany, "Is that your nickname or something? Should I called you that?" "What? No way. It's just a nickname that Inhye's calls me since I was a kid." Tiffany said, smacking him on the shoulder. 

 

Smirking, Inhye said, "I see you have brought a young male with you. Care to introduced me?" 

 

"This is Jung Yunho." Tiffany said, gesturing to Yunho, "And no, it's not what you think Inhye." 

 

"I haven't said anything Princess, but I think it's perfectly fine if you have found a male companion." 

 

Shaking her head, she sincerely hope that Yunho hadn't been able to piece together what Inhye had said, "Well, I haven't. Yunho Oppa's a friend who came with me." 

 

"I hope you are not lying to me Princess." Inhye said, staring her straight in the eye. 

 

"I'm not." Tiffany huffed, crossing her arms. 

 

"So, should we head over to the funeral or?" Yunho said, trying to helped Tiffany out of the conversation. 

 

"Ah, yes." Inhye said, "I will lead you over." 

 

"Uh Inhye, it's like eight feet away. I think we can find it by ourselves." Tiffany said. 

 

"Well, that's where I was heading anyway." Inhye said, before heading over to the crowd. 

 

"So, that's Inhye?" Yunho asked, "She's not exactly what I expected." 

 

"She's never what anyone would expect." Tiffany said, before grabbing Yunho's hand once again, and began to lead him over to the crowd. It was time to finally get this over with.