We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 30 

 

"So Mina." Tiffany began, as she watched the girl bustle about. She wasn't exactly sure what Mina was trying to do but she seemed to have some motive, "How's your new job that you have been telling me about?" 

 

"Hmmm." Mina said, as she popped her head out from the kitchen, "Oh well...I mean, it's going well. Working in sales will helped me later on if I'm ever to opened my own shop but I never realized just how horrible working in customer service was." Mina had disappeared back into the kitchen. Tiffany could hear her rummaging around for something while listening to Mina continued on, "I mean, you always hear the horror stories but I never realized how bad it actually was." 

 

Mina came out of the kitchen, carrying two glasses of drink and sat across from her. Setting the drinks on the table, Mina said apologetically, "Sorry, I couldn't remember if you liked tea but it's all I had besides water. If you had prefered that I could..." 

 

"No, no, it's fine. I like tea." Tiffany said, trying to reassured her friend before picking up the glass and taking a sip. Giving her a reassuring smiled, she set the glass back on the table before asking, "So, how's the boyfriend? Is he still behaving himself?" 

 

"Tiffany." Mina said, reaching across and smacking her playfully, "He has not once been unfaithful! I don't know where you get those ideas! Sorry for yelling at you." Mina quickly added. 

 

"Well, I mean, he flirted with every girl in school." Tiffany said, with a sighed, "I mean, he was literally voted most likely to be a heartbreaker." 

 

"Oh stopped. He's changed but now, I'm not so sure how you will take the news." Mina said, while crossing her legs and reaching for her drink. 

 

"What news?" Tiffany asked hesitantly, while she had always gotten along with Mina's boyfriend, she was never too sure about him and his flirty ways. Even though he seemed to stopped considerably after he and Mina began dating. 

 

Taking a sip from her drink, Mina put her cup back on the table before saying, "Well, you see, we were talking the other day about how we have been together for quite some time and well..." 

 

Tiffany looked at her friend before glancing down at the hand Mina had placed on the table. Seeing the glimmering band on her friend's finger, she quickly looked up at her friend then back down at her hand before looking at Mina again. Leaning across the table, she said with wide eyes, "No way. He didn't...?" 

 

"He did." Mina said, while beaming, blushed spreading throughout her cheeks and then quickly adding, "Sorry for interrupting you." 

 

"He really did? Oh my god. Myungok, the Myungok that used to say that he would never get married ever, proposed?" Tiffany said in amazement, as she placed her hands on the table while watching Mina's blushed spread further. 

 

"Yes, he did. Now that's out of the way..." Mina began, before she was quickly cut off by Tiffany. 

 

"When's the wedding?!" Tiffany exclaimed. This felt like one of those moments when most people would say or at least be thinking about how their friends from high school are getting engaged and married but they weren't even in a relationship but in a way, Tiffany was still technically in high school. 

 

"Um, sorry but we haven't talked about that yet. Most likely in a year or two. Besides, there's no reason for you to worry about it. I want to know what's happening with you. Still a high school English teacher?" Mina asked. She knew that Tiffany still had the same job, all she really wanted to know was the details on her and that one co-worker she always talked about. 

 

"Yeah, I still have the same old job but at least every year is different." Tiffany said, with a laughed before continuing, "Teenagers can make up some pretty hilarious events." 

 

"Sounds interesting." Mina said, while nodding her head. She wanted to asked Tiffany about that Yunho guy but she didn't want to be rude and interrupt Tiffany. 

 

"There was one time I was on lunched duty and theses two teenagers started to throw things between each other. It started out as paper balls then it was pencils then one table threw an apple and the other threw a milk carton at then that still had some milk in it." Tiffany said, pausing to laughed before continuing, "So by then, I was stepping in and right after I turned my back, apparently they threaten to throw some weird concoction at the one table but ended up throwing it the wrong way. It sailed across the room and hit this poor freshman in the back." Tiffany finished, with a laughed. 

 

"That does sound very funny." Mina said, with a small laughed. She was about to asked about that co-worker of hers when Tiffany seemed to continued on with her stories. 

 

"There was also this one time that my co-worker told me about. I have told you about him. His names Yunho. Apparently, he was letting the kids play this weird version of soccer and dodgeball combined or something. Anyway, apparently this one girl kept getting hit. Once in the stomach and once in the forehead and then the kids convinced him to joined the game so the girl was guarding the goal and Yunho." Tiffany paused, covering to contained her laughter before continuing all while trying to hold back the laughter, "He tried to scored and he ended up hitting the poor girl in the face when she jumped up, trying to blocked the goal. He said she wiped out on the floor." Tiffany said, finally letting her laughter out between each laughed she wheezed, "I honestly shouldn't be laughing about it but the image for it is hilarious." 

 

"This co-worker of yours, Yunho you said, are you two close?" Mina asked, jumping at the chance to get her friend flustered. Most of the time, she remembered Tiffany talking about the guy, it was in that voice. The voice people get when they talked about someone they loved or at least someone they really like. 

 

"Hmmm?" Tiffany asked, taken aback from the change in subject, "Oh, well yes, we are good friends. He even offered to come with me to my father's funeral and before you asked, yes, he did come with me but." Tiffany said, while trying to figured out how to explained how their relationship had recently taken a different turned. 

 

"But what? Sorry if I'm being too pushy." Mina said in hopes of encouraging her friend to continued. 

 

"Well, recently I guess our relationship has begun to change." Tiffany began, while biting her pale pink lips, "I don't know if I ever told you this but I'm pretty sure you were able to figured it out but I'm in love with Yunho." Tiffany looked over at Mina slowly, nodding her head. 

 

"If your waiting for me to say if I knew then yes, I figured you liked a lot, maybe not in love but you get the point." Mina answered, before waiting for Tiffany to continued her story. 

 

"Well, a few weeks ago, we were at the annual fair the town has and...well, when we were looking at the trees, he asked me if he could kissed me." Tiffany said, her cheeks heating up at the memory, "I remember being dumbstruck but I somehow told him yes and he kissed me and." Tiffany said, her face reddening, "Mina, it was amazing and he was going to say something but we got interrupted and to be honest, before this kissed, we almost kissed two times but both times we were interrupted." 

 

"So, you two have kissed and talked about it, right?" Mina asked, before picking up her glass and taking a sip, "Well, I mean, the next day, I was going to bring it up but then we kinda adopted a cat so it got put on the backburner. After that, whenever I'm going to confessed or bring it up, something would happened and...ugh, it was just a mess." Tiffany said, burying her face in her hands before continuing, her voice softening, "And then my father died. Yunho did his best to cheer me up and then he volunteered to go with me to make sure I was comfortable appearing again, after all these years and." Tiffany said pausing, taking her head out of her heads, she faced Mina again, before she continued, "Then it happened again." 

 

"Again? What happened again?" Mina asked, confused as she placed her glass down on the table. 

 

"Last night, after my father's funeral, the two of us went out for drinks and we both drank a little too much. I only really remember what happened on the way back to the hotel but I know I confessed to Yunho." Tiffany said, while running her fingers through her hair. She was still distressed that she had told Yunho how she felt. To make matters worse, what would happened if Yunho remembered everything? True, it might end up with them finally getting together or at least clearing their feelings for each other. 

 

"You didn't?" Mina asked, worriedly. Tiffany was an emotional person so the fact that she confessed her loved to someone while drunk must be eating away at her. 

 

"I did!" Tiffany whined, "But it doesn't end there! Even though everything after that is a blurred, I was able to figured out what happened once we got back to the hotel." Tiffany said, watching while Mina raised an eyebrow. Pulling off her black twill pashmina wrap scarf, she waited for her friend to noticed it. 

 

Gasping, Mina stared at the offending thing on Tiffany's neck, "You guys didn't, right?" 

 

"If you are going to asked if we had then no, all clothes were on when I woke up." Tiffany said, winding the scarf around her neck again, "But we definitely crossed the line of friends for sure last night. I don't know what I should do Mina. Should I talked to him? Or should I wait and see if he remembers or what else?" Tiffany said, feeling herself getting worked up. 

 

"Tiffany, calm down." Mina said quickly, while getting up and heading over to sit next to her friend. Sitting next to her, she threw her arms around her friend and gave her a hug, "Everything is going to be okay. The two of you will figured it out." Mina said, pulling away before placing her hands on Tiffany's shoulders, giving them a squeezed, she said, "You should talked to him about this, whether he remembers what happened or not. If not, your just going to beat yourself up about it and keep your emotions bottled up. You need to talked to him soon about this so it doesn't get put off again." Mina said, staring hard at Tiffany. 

 

"I know, I know. I should talked to him about it but..." Tiffany said frantically, before Mina cut her off. 

 

"Sorry for cutting you off but you need to calm down. The next time you see him or before you get home, you need to talked to him about this okay?" Mina asked Tiffany. 

 

"Okay, I guess this would be the best time to talked to him about it." Tiffany said, taking in a deep breath. She needed to do it eventually and this was her opportunity. She just needed to calm down and think clearly. 

 

"Now then, for the rest of this visit." Mina said, standing up before heading over to a basket she had on the floor. Picking it up, she brought it over and sat it on the table. Looking inside the box, Tiffany knew she was in for it. Sitting down next to Tiffany, Mina picked up the first book on the top of the stack, "Time to looked at old yearbooks." 

 

"Can we please skipped the two years? I had braces and went through that scene phase." Tiffany begged. 

 

"I don't think so Tiffany. We have to relieve all of our old school memories." Mina said, before opening the yearbook, "Besides, this is only kindergarten. We got eight years before we reached that time in your life." Mina teased. 

 

Yunho had a big problem and he wasn't sure how he was going to go about it. He should have known better then to go drink with Tiffany alone but he never really listened to reason half of the time. That was the reason why he was in this mess. He and Tiffany had gone passed the line of friendship. He remembered everything, at least for the most part, him telling Tiffany he loved her, Tiffany asking him to kissed her and him agreeing and he sure as hell remembered the make out session they had. 

 

Oh god, did Tiffany remember? If she did, it might be a good thing so they could talked about this whole romantic tension thing that was going on between them but there was still the possibility of Tiffany remembering nothing. Running his fingers through his hair, he muttered, "!" Pulling out his phone, he looked at the time. He had slept in pretty late, plus he had spent the last hour mulling over what to do with the events of last night. 

 

Deciding to take the risked, he dialed his brother. Byunghee would probably be on lunch break or something. Plus, he was the shop teacher so he had have time to talked. The phone rang a few times as Yunho muttered under his breath, "Pick up, pick up." Bouncing his legs, he began to get worried on the eighth ring when he finally heard the phone picked up. 

 

"What the hell are you calling me for?! I'm in the middle of teaching." Byunghee said in his normal gruff tone, "If you called me to asked about your cat, he's doing fine. Him and Namil are getting along fine." 

 

"Yeah, yeah, great but you see, I'm calling you for another reason." Yunho said, his legs still bouncing. 

 

"And that would be what?" Byunghee asked, "Come on, I got someone on a saw I can't talked for long." 

 

"Okay, okay, geez." Yunho said, rolling his eyes, "So, Tiffany and me went out for drinks last night..." 

 

"So you two got drunk?" Byunghee asked, not even trying to contained the humor in his voice. Yunho couldn't helped but think that he had that stupid smirked of his on his oval-shaped face, "That must have went so well." "Oh yeah, it did!" Yunho hissed sarcastically. Why was every phone called with him like this? "I got so drunk I told Tiffany I loved her." 

 

"I told you that a few drinks would loosened you up if you were ever going to finally tell her." Byunghee said, almost amused at Yunho's predicament. 

 

"It doesn't end there though." Yunho said, running his fingers through his hair before continuing, "Tiffany asked me to kissed her and I agreed and we kinda ended up making out hard core." Yunho muttered, before placing a hand on his leg in hopes of stopping the bouncing. 

 

"Oh my god. Hold on a second. I gotta tell the kids to stopped using the saw." Byunghee said, bursting into laughter, "I gotta give you some advice." Yunho soon heard Byunghee yelling, "Hey kids! I got an important phone called so don't touched the saw!" 

 

"You good now?" Yunho asked impatiently. He really didn't want any relationship advice from Byunghee. Yuri was the one who had to confessed first because Byunghee had been too much of a baby to do it. 

 

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, onto some advice cause boy do you need it." Byunghee said, causing Yunho to rolled his eyes, "The next time you see Tiffany, you need to talked to her about your love for her. No if ands or buts and no talking until after I finished with my advice. You two need to talked now about this stupid thing going on between you. This weird maybe-almost romantic thing going between you two drives me and probably everyone around you crazy. Hell, Taeyeon started a betting pool on whether or not the two of you will someday jumped each other at school." Yunho couldn't helped but grimaced. Boa had told him something similar once but he hadn't realized Taeyeon had turned it into a betting pool. 

 

"So, you two need to finally talked about your damn feelings for each other like now before you two do something stupid you regret! So, just get it over with, tell her you love her and since the two of you are at a hotel, when you two finally confessed, there's a bed, if you want to jumped on each other, do it or whatever. Okay, advice done. Any questions?" Byunghee finished, leaving Yunho a little dumbstruck. 

 

"No? Great, so I will just end this conversation and get back to worked." Byunghee said, before hanging up the phone. 

 

Yunho still had the phone next to his ear as he mumbled, "That damn basterd! He didn't even say goodbye." Sitting up, Yunho shoved his phone back into his pocket. Feeling the keys, he decided now was a good time as ever to go back and get his car. Sighing, he got up and headed out. He had have to start mentally preparing himself if he was going to do this. 

 

He was finally going to tell Tiffany how he felt and nothing would stopped him.