We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 48 

 

When Tiffany woke up unexpectedly in the middle of the night one March, she had only one thought in her mind, cake. She didn't really know why but she was craving for cake for some reason. Rolling over, she looked at the alarm clock that resided on her side of the bed since Yunho would never be able to wake up and turned off the alarm in the morning. In the dark, the time read three in bright red. Now wasn't the time to think about eating cake. 

 

Turning away from the clock, she tried to get comfortable again, and fall asleep but just as she was beginning to think she had be able to fall back asleep, her stomach let out a loud growled. Her eyes opened up and she was wide awake, "Maybe I should get something to eat." Tiffany muttered to herself, as she lay awake in bed while staring up at the ceiling. 

 

Last she checked, she had bought some cake mixed when it had been on sale and figured that she could saved it until her birthday but it's not like it hurt if she made it tonight. 

 

Propping herself up a little, she looked over at Yunho's sleeping figured, "Maybe I should wake him up, too. He will probably complained tomorrow morning if I bake a cake and then eat most of it without him." Tiffany whispered to herself, before moving closer to him. She placed both of her hands on his shoulder before shaking him. 

 

"Yunho Oppa. Hey Oppa, come on, get up." She said, but to no avail, "Fine." She muttered, "You don't get any cake." 

 

"Cake?" Yunho said groggily, his voice muffled by the sheets. 

 

"You would wake up once I said the word cake." Tiffany said, with a sighed as she pushed the sheets off of her, "What are you talking about cake for?" Yunho grumbled, as he moved slightly up so he could hear her better. 

 

"I'm hungry and I'm craving for some cake so I'm going to go bake one. Do you want to helped or do you want to fall back asleep and get none?" Tiffany asked, as she sat up fully in bed before moving her legs to the side of the bed. 

 

"You are going to bake a cake and then eat the entire thing by yourself?" Yunho asked, as he sat up slightly. 

 

"I'm not going to eat the entire thing by myself but what I don't eat, I'm going to save it." Tiffany said, as she stood up, stretching her arms above her head before letting them fall back to her side. 

 

"So if I don't helped you bake this cake, I don't get any, right?" Yunho asked, as he watched her. 

 

"You got it." Tiffany said, as she walked towards the door. 

 

"Fine." Yunho said, as he practically rolled out of the bed, "I'm getting up but can I asked why you want cake in the middle of the night?" 

 

"I'm just craving for it, I guess." Tiffany said, with a shrugged as she walked out of the room and began to make her way to the kitchen, watching out for Happy's sleeping figured. 

 

"Who in the hell craves for cake at three in the morning?" Yunho called, from the room. 

 

"I don't know; me apparently." Tiffany called back, as she flicked on the light in the kitchen. The still uncleaned dishes from dinner were still sitting in the sink but Tiffany didn't really care to deal with them so her eyes passed over them as she went in searched for the hidden box of cake mixed. 

 

As she rooted around in the cabinet, she could hear the slapped of Yunho's feet on the floor as he walked into the kitchen. 

 

"So, what am I looking for?" Yunho asked, as he looked at the dishes in the sink, he really should have washed them by now. 

 

"Um." Tiffany said, as she pulled out the cake mixed, "Take out three eggs first." 

 

"Got it." Yunho said, as he opened up the fridge in searched for the carton of eggs that he hope he had remembered to buy at the store. 

 

Tiffany glanced over the other two ingredients she needed to get out before flipping it over to the front to see what kind of cake she had bought anyway and jackpot, it was chocolate. Placing it on the countered, she then began to digged through the cabinet for a large bowl and a cake pan that she thought she might have. If she didn't have one then it looked like they had have a thin cake. 

 

"Here's the eggs." Yunho said, placing the eggs on the countered by the box. 

 

"Great. Do you know where is the vegetable oil?" Tiffany said, as she found a measuring cup for the water. 

 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Yunho asked, as Tiffany threw a measuring cup at him. 

 

"Great. Get some vegetable oil then...Stopped the eggs!" Tiffany yelled, as she noticed the eggs rolling far too closed for comfort towards the edge of the countered. 

 

"Huh?" Yunho said, as he turned his attention towards the eggs, "!" Reaching his hand out, he stopped them before picking them up and placing them into the bowl, "Sorry, I kinda forgot that eggs can rolled." 

 

"How can you forget something like that?" Tiffany asked, as she the water. 

 

"I guess when you are baking a cake at three in the morning, you can forget things like that." Yunho said, before opening up a cabinet and pulling out the vegetable oil. 

 

"You got a point." Tiffany said, as she watched the water filled the measuring cup. 

 

"I should be asking you how someone can forget to turned off the faucet." Yunho said, as he poured the oil into the measuring cup. 

 

"Huh?" Tiffany asked, as she tilted her head at him. 

 

"I think the cup's full." Yunho said, as he gestured at her with his elbow. 

 

Looking down, Tiffany saw that the cup had overflowed and was now running down her hand, "Crap, crap, crap!" Tiffany muttered, as she turned off the faucet before placing the cup onto the countered. 

 

"You ready to finally start baking this cake?" Yunho asked, after Tiffany had found a towel to dry off her wet hand. 

 

"As ready as you are." Tiffany said, as she place down the towel, "First things first, what am I heating the oven up to?" 

 

"350." Yunho said, as he looked at the back of the box. 

 

"Got it." Tiffany said, as she punched in the numbers before turning the oven on. Turning back towards Yunho, she asked, "So, what does it say to do next? Are we just mixing everything together or what?" 

 

Looking back down at the back of the box, Yunho skimmed over the other two instructions and replied, "It just says to mixed it all together." 

 

"Great." Tiffany said, as she appeared next to him, "I will mixed it all together and you can...um, what can you do?" 

 

"I don't know. It's not like we need to do anything to the pan. I guess I could finally washed all the dishes." Yunho said, as he glanced over to the sink. 

 

"Great." Tiffany said, as she clapped her hands together, "You get that done and I will get this done." 

 

"I feel as though this was some complex planned to get me to washed the dishes." Yunho said, as he headed over to the sink. 

 

"Oh, come on, it's far too early for me to be thinking up any diabolical planned." Tiffany said, as she ripped opened the cake mixed that filled the air around it with a thick chocolate smell. Pouring it into the bowl as she heard the faucet , she took the first measuring cup; the one filled with water and poured it into the mixed. Next was the oil before she broke the three eggs on the side of the bowl and emptied them into the mixed as well. 

 

Opening the drawer that was filled to the brim with all the assorted utensils they owned, Tiffany dugged around until she found a large enough spoon. As she mixed the batter, she couldn't helped but think how she and Yunho were acting like it was in the middle of the day and not three something in the morning, "Hey, don't you think we are being way too productive at this early in the morning?" Tiffany asked. 

 

Shrugging his shoulders, he continued to scrubbed the dishes while replying, "I don't know. For us, I guess we are being pretty productive but I mean, who was the one that woke up and decided that she wanted to eat cake?" "Well, you didn't seem to have any objections when I asked you if you wanted cake." Tiffany said, as she finished mixing everything together. She couldn't helped but think it looked almost like she had mixed up mud but it was going to taste good after she baked it. Pouring it as evenly as she could into the pan, she heard the oven beep, telling her that it had finished heating up. Glancing at the time that was on the back of the box, she headed over the oven. 

 

Opening the oven and sliding the pan in, she closed the door and punched in 27 minutes. Sighing, she pulled out a chair slightly before flopping down in it, "I think all the energy I had earlier is all gone and now, I just want to go back to sleep." 

 

"Well, if you do that then the cake might burned since I probably won't be that far behind you in falling asleep." Yunho said, as he placed the final dish on a towel. He bypassed the table and went straight to the coffee maker. Grabbing the pot, he went back to the sink and poured some water in it before continuing with his normal routine of making coffee. 

 

"You are amazing." Tiffany said, when Yunho handed her a cup of coffee before sitting across from her. 

 

"Good thing it's Saturday or else we had be screwed." Yunho said, before taking a loud sip of his coffee. 

 

Tiffany nodded in agreement as she watched the minutes on the oven slowly move down. 

 

"Still chocolate cake and coffee sounds like such a healthy breakfast." Yunho said, as he leaned back into the chair, "It's going to be the new breakfast of champions." Tiffany said, before taking another sip of her coffee, "We are going to crash in like three hours, aren't we?" 

 

"Most definitely." Yunho said, with a nod as the timer for the cake went off. 

 

"I have got it." Tiffany said, as she set her coffee down before getting up and turning off the oven. Grabbing the mitt sitting by the oven, she opened the door, sending a stream of heat right into her face. Grabbing the pan, she pulled it out of the oven before putting it on the stove. 

 

"Is it done?" Yunho asked, as he watched her stick a fork into it. 

 

"Yeah." Tiffany said, as she examined the fork, "But I highly suggest waiting a few minutes so we don't burned our tongue off." 

 

"You do make a good point." Yunho said, as he finished the last of his coffee. Getting up, he went and poured himself another cup of coffee before heading back to the table, "Hey, so I was thinking." Yunho said, once he sat down. 

 

"This could be bad." Tiffany said, as she turned her attention back to him. 

 

"Oh, calm down. What's the worst I could say? Anyway, I have been thinking about who else would be craving for cake at like three in the morning." Yunho said, as he set his coffee down. 

 

"And why was this an important topic in your mind?" Tiffany asked, as she took a sip of her coffee. 

 

"Well, because it's kinda weird to wake up in the middle of the night with a craving for cake." Yunho said, as he waited for Tiffany's response. 

 

"Uh huh." Tiffany said, taking another sip of her nearly empty cup. 

 

"Well, I came to the conclusion that it's something that someone who is pregnant would do or whatever." Yunho finished, right as Tiffany choked on her coffee, "Hey Tiffany, are you alright?" Yunho asked, jumping up as Tiffany continued to hack up a lung. 

 

Holding her hand out, she soon calmed down before asking, "And what do you mean by that?" 

 

"Nothing." Yunho said slowly, as he sat back down, "It was just a thought really. I'm sure there's plenty of other people who aren't pregnant that get cravings like that." 

 

"Good." Tiffany said, with a small laughed, "It just seemed that you might be implying that I'm..." 

 

"Hey, just to covered all bases." Yunho interrupted, "Are you pregnant?" 

 

Tiffany just stared at him for a few seconds, her face blank before saying, "Wha...No, of course I'm not. I feel perfectly fine like you said, sometimes people get cravings for things." 

 

"Wow, calm down. I was just joking. I'm sure you would know that." Yunho said, as he waved his hands in front of him, "Sorry for getting you worked up." 

 

"You better be." Tiffany said, with a huffed. 

 

"Still, for a second, I almost believe it could be true." Yunho said, with a sighed before turning back to his coffee, "Don't even joke about that." Tiffany said, before quickly changing the conversation, "So, you ready for cake?" 

 

"Hell yeah, what kind of question is that?"