We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 21 

 

Looking at herself in the mirror one last time, she decided that what she was wearing was fine. No point in worrying over what to wear when all she was doing tonight was going to see a played with a colleague. Passing by Happy, she petted him on the head before picking up her phone and sliding it into her sea green jacket pocket. Locking her door before she headed downstairs to wait for Junsu. He had offered to drive her which Tiffany was thankful he had. She didn't own a car and hadn't really wanted to brave public transport to get downtown. 

 

When she stepped outside, she was surprised to see that Junsu was already there. She was too uses to Yunho being eight minutes late to everything. When he saw her, he smiled and waved at her. Returning the smile and the wave, she headed towards him. 

 

"Are you ready to go the played?" He asked, opening the blue Lamborghini Aventador car door for her. 

 

"Yes, I am." Tiffany answered, before closing the door. 

 

"You know where to go, right?" 

 

"Yeah. One of my roommates is an English major. She drags me and the others along all the time to watch the plays." He said, while rolling his brown, tear-dropped shaped eyes. 

 

"How many people do you live with?" 

 

"Three others." Junsu answered, "Sometimes it's a handful to deal with them." 

 

"Are they all in college as well?" 

 

"Yeah. We all met in our first year and kinda connected and stuff. So, by our second year, we thought we should shared an apartment. I think that was the worst idea I have ever agreed to." Junsu finished as they pulled into the theatre. 

 

"Ah, were here." Tiffany said, before digging into her jacket for the tickets. Pulling them out, she waved them and said, "Now, let's go see this played." 

 

"Okay, I'm ready." Junsu said, before the two got out of the car and headed inside. Handing the tickets to the lady at the ticket booth, the two looked around until they picked seats. 

 

"You want me to go see if there's any food?" Junsu asked, as Tiffany sat down. 

 

"Hmmm, if you find a concession stand, can you get me soda?" Tiffany asked, pulling out a five dollar bill. 

 

"Sure." Junsu said, "But I will buy it for you. It's only a soda." 

 

"Oh, well thank you." Tiffany said surprised, before putting the money back in her pocket and settling into her seat. Feeling her phone vibrate, she took it out to see who was texting her. When she saw that the message was from Yunho, she couldn't helped but wondered why he was texting her. Shouldn't he be more worried about how his team was going to do? Opening her phone, she read the message. 

 

'Games about to start. Hope you have a good time watching your played.' 

 

Smiling, she was happy to see that he had thought to text her. Even though her planned was ruined, she could always just tell him tomorrow when they went out together, where ever they were going. Knowing Yunho, he had probably take her to that new bowling place. He had been trying to talked her into it for weeks but she had always told him that she was not stepping foot into a shoe that some unknown person had been wearing. 

 

The lights were beginning to dim by the time Junsu came back, handing her a drink he said, "I see I got back just in time." 

 

"Yeah." She said, "Now, sit down. It's about to start." It turned out to be well down. Tiffany couldn't helped but think of what Yunho would have said about the costumes. He probably would have burst out the minute someone stepped out and embarrassed her. Still, she would have had a lot more fun if Yunho had been there. Junsu had stayed silent the entire time and she wished he had made some comments. 

 

As they walked out, Junsu asked, "You want to get something to eat?" 

 

"Huh?" Tiffany asked in surprised, "Uh sure, I guess you really don't want to go back to your roommates, huh?" She teased. 

 

"Yeah, you could say that." Junsu answered, "So, where do you want to go?" 

 

"The first food place we drive by." 

 

"I take it you are pretty hungry." Junsu said, amused. 

 

"Yeah, kinda." Tiffany said, shrugging her shoulders. She wasn't that hungry. She had just answered the way Yunho always did when she asked him that same question. 

 

The next place that served food turned out to be a McDonalds so it was decided that they would just go through the drive-through and not suffered sitting inside with five families. So after ordering, they parked the car and handed out food accordingly. 

 

"So." Tiffany said, after taking a bit of her burger, "Tell me about your roommates."
 

"Sunny Lee, she's our English Major, Shim Changmin forgets to pay the electric bill all the time so we end up in the dark for like a week while we try to scrape together enough to pay for and he says to not pay it, that he prefers to live in the complete darkness and Ahn Heeyeon, she's a special case actually." 

 

"Oh?" 

 

"Yeah, I actually knew her before college. We went to the same school from the third grade through eighth grade." Junsu said, getting a far off looked in his eyes. 

 

"Really? So I guess meeting up with her again, during collage was great." Tiffany said. 

 

"Actually she was a total ." Junsu said, his face hardening. 

 

"Really?" Tiffany asked, continuing to eat her burger as she listened to the story. 

 

"Yeah. She was mean to everybody. She saw everyone as beneath her because her father was the mayor. I tried to be nice and befriend her. She dated my best friend for a week only to break up with him and loudly declared that it was only a dare. He ended up transferring schools because of that but then." Junsu continued, his expression softening, "Her father was caught in the middle of an affair with his secretary. Her father and mother got divorced. Her father resigned from office because of the low ratings and the terrible publicity and moved him and Heeyeon away. I will always remember how she looked those last few days. Her friends and the entire student body seemed to turned against her. I told myself that she deserved it but really, I couldn't helped but feel bad for her." Nodding her head, Tiffany couldn't helped but feel kinda bad for this Heeyeon chick. She knew how it could be when a parent was influential like hers. 

 

"Then when I saw her again, I almost couldn't believe it but then, she came up to me and began to make a conversation and we just started hanging out. She's actually the one who I would be the least likely to murder in a fit of rage." 

 

"Well." Tiffany began, as she shoved the burger wrapper into the bag, "Roommates are kinda crazy, especially if you have three." 

 

"Yeah, I guess you are right. She's kinda crazy like the rest." Junsu said, before finishing his burger. 

 

"I will throw the trash away." Tiffany offered, holding out the bag, "The trash cans right next to me." 

 

"Huh? Okay then." Junsu said, "You ready to go home." 

 

"Hmmm, oh yeah. In fact, I wondered if Yunho texted me about how the soccer team did." Tiffany said, as she got back into the car. Taking out her phone as Junsu began to drive back towards her apartment, she saw that Yunho had texted her. Unlocking her phone, she read the message. 

 

'We won! Going to treat them to pancakes tomorrow morning but I will go out with you later in the afternoon.' 

 

"So, how did they do?" Junsu asked. 

 

"They won. Yunho's pretty excited for sure." Tiffany answered, smiling at the thought of Yunho trying to controlled the kids tomorrow at a pancake house. She could almost hear the called of plead that he would probably do tomorrow in hopes of convincing her to come and helped controlled them. 

 

Not much else was said for the rest of the ride and when they reached Tiffany's apartment building, Junsu walked with Tiffany up to the door. 

 

"Well, I had a good time." Tiffany said, as she reached the door and began to searched through her pocket for her keys so she could already have it out. 

 

"So did I. I hope we can do something else like this again." Junsu said, feeling his face beginning to heat up, "Maybe." Tiffany hummed, as she pulled out her keys and looked up but what she saw was something she didn't want to see at all. Junsu was leaning towards her and his eyes were closed and his plump lips were puckered. Tiffany began to panic. This was something that she hadn't think would have happened. This was supposed to only be a friendly thing, not a date. 

 

Fumbling behind her for the doorknob, she turned her face to the side and almost cried out in delight when she found the doorknob. Quickly opening the door, she backed inside so Junsu's lips met air. 

 

"Um...Yeah, this was a great time between friends." She said quickly, before turning around, running up the stairs, leaving behind a very embarrassed Junsu. 

 

When she reached her apartment, she fumbled with her keys until she finally unlocked the door. Slamming the door behind her, she slid down the door. She felt so stupid! She had almost got kissed by a guy that wasn't Yunho and Woosung lives right next to her and if they had kissed then the entire school would have known by Monday and oh, god. 

 

Hearing a purred, she saw Happy walking over to her. Scooping him up in her arms, she said to him, "Do some guys just not get that going out somewhere with a girl does not equal a date?" Kissing the top of his head, she carried him into her bedroom while scratching his ear. Setting him down on her bed, he instantly began to curl up in a ball. Looking over at her phone, she noticed that is said that she had a message. Sitting on her bed, she pressed played and wondered who would called her. 

 

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." Junsu muttered, each time he hit his head against the steering wheel. Resting his head on it, he regretted everything he had ever done. He really should have known that Tiffany hadn't felt the same way about him or have any affections towards him. 

 

A blind person could see that she had a thing for Yunho but he had secretly hoped that maybe for once, he could have gotten the girl. Maybe he should just dropped out of school and become a priest; they didn't have to worry about getting a girl. 

 

Sighing, he the car and began to head home with his tail between his legs. Maybe today, the others wouldn't be crazy but that would be the day. He was contemplating the benefits of becoming a priest when his iphone 5 went off. 

 

Grumbling, he answered, "Hey, this is Junsu." 

 

"Hey Junsu Oppa. Yeah, I need a favor." Came a melodious voice from the other end. 

 

"Heeyeon? What do you need?" He asked suspiciously. 

 

"I need you to stopped by the store and buy a thing of ice cream okay. Thanks." Heeyeon said. 

 

"What do you need ice cream for?!" Junsu exclaimed, and why was it always him running these errands? 

 

"Well, Sunny passed that wicked hard test she took the other day so we are celebrating it with ice cream but we have no more." Heeyeon said simply. 

 

"Ugh, whatever." Junsu said, tightening his gripped on the steering wheel. 

 

"Or am I interrupting something? Is Junsu going to get laid?" Heeyeon teased. 

 

"Far from it. I think I just ruined what could have been a decent friendship if I didn't have a ." 

 

"Oh, poor baby. Well then, I guess we will uses this tub of ice cream to listened to you tell us about this failure of a date." 

 

"Heeyeon!" Junsu warned, as he turned into the store parking lot. 

 

"Okay, okay, I got Mr. Grumpy. I swear, I'm trying to helped you and this is what I get?" 

 

"Uh huh, whatever. I will be back in like eight minutes." Junsu said, as he got out of the car. 

 

"With ice cream for your problems." Heeyeon added. 

 

"With ice cream for my problems." Junsu replied, before hanging up.