We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 23 

 

"So." Yunho said, a few minutes later, breaking the silence, "Is there going to be a funeral?" 

 

"Huh?" Tiffany sniffed, before registering what he said, "Oh, yeah. Inhye told me that it's scheduled for Monday. I guess I better take off worked for a few days and go." 

 

"Who's Inhye?" Yunho asked, staring absentmindedly at the wall. 

 

"Oh, she's one of the maids that works...used to worked for my father." Tiffany said, catching herself at the last second. 

 

"Well, I guess I will be meeting her than." 

 

"What?" Tiffany asked dumbfounded. He isn't hinting what she thinks he is, right? 

 

"If you think I'm going to let you go there by yourself than you are crazy." Yunho said firmly, staring at Tiffany, watching for a reaction. 

 

"Wha...What are you talking about?" Tiffany sputtered, "I don't need you to go with me Yunho Oppa. I'm perfectly capable of going there by myself." 

 

"But do you really want to go by yourself?" 

 

"Well, I mean, I don't really even want to go. I haven't shown my face there in years. I had be so out of place and...and...and." Tiffany said, beginning to stuttered again, as she felt tears once again, fall down her cheeks, "Calm down Fany. Take deep breathes. I just think you might want someone there that you know to support you." Yunho said, giving her shoulder a supportive squeeze, "If you don't want me or anyone for that matter to go with you, just say so." 

 

As Tiffany sat still, curled up next to Yunho's side, she thought over whether she truly wanted to go back to her childhood home by herself. The last time she had been there, she had sworn never to returned but here she was, going back to attend her father's funeral. It was almost laughable in senses. In fact, this entire series of events seemed almost laughable in a way. It seemed that fate intended to have a grudge against her. 

 

She wasn't sure if she wanted to go by herself. Having Yunho by her side would make her feel at least safer from the prying eyes of the others who had been invited. 

 

"Yes." Tiffany mumbled, still in thought. 

 

"Huh? What did you says Fany?" Yunho asked, drawing his attention to the girl. 

 

"Huh? What?" Tiffany asked, slightly dazed. 

 

"Yes what?" Yunho asked, with a raised eyebrow. Was she saying yes for wanting him to go with her or yes for not wanting him to go? 

 

"Oh, uh, yes. Yes, please accompany me to my father's funeral." Tiffany said quickly, feeling her checks heating up. What would everyone think of her coming home with a boy in tow? Not that she should be worrying about that, no one would probably even notice Yunho. They would probably all be impatiently waiting to see what they got in the will. 

 

"No need to be so formal Fany." Yunho said, rolling his eyes, "I had love to go with you to helped you get through your father's funeral." 

 

"Thanks Oppa." Tiffany said, giving him a small smile, "Now then, I guess we should called and take our days off." "Oh, crap right." Yunho mumbled. 

 

"You weren't planning on doing that, were you?" Tiffany asked, with a raised eyebrow. 

 

"Only because I forgot about that detail." Yunho said defensively. 

 

"Have you ever taken a day off of worked?" 

 

"Uh." Yunho said, while staring at the celling, trying to recalled if he had ever taken a day off of worked. 

 

"Never mind." Tiffany mumbled, before going back to her planning while she could take time off for family emergency, Yunho on the other hand...well, it seemed like he hadn't taken off a single day of his life so it looked like he was good on that front. 

 

The only thing left to do was decided when they needed to leave, how long for and packing for the tripped. 

 

Inhye had said it was scheduled for 3 on Monday and since they lived about 3 hours away they would need to leave early. 

 

They didn't really need to stayed for more than one night but she did kinda want to visit an old friend from high school so she guessed that they should stayed for 2 nights and one day but then, there was the decision of where to stayed. She wasn't sure if they could stayed at her father's house based on who got it. Plus, she didn't really like the idea of staying in that house anyway. Sighing, she realized that she would need to looked up a hotel, curses Inhye for telling her this so late. 

 

"Oppa." She said, snapping her long fingers in front of his face to bring him out of his trance, she said, "We are going to leave at 8 am on Monday, got it?" 

 

"Huh? Yeah, sure." Yunho replied. 

 

"Okay. Now, go called and take Monday through Wednesday off." Tiffany instructed. 

 

"You got it Fany." Yunho said, before taking out his phone. 

 

Now that she had Yunho set, now she would need to do the same for her. Rubbing her temples, she cursed under her breath. She was now feeling her hatred for funerals surfacing but not for the same reason as before.