We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 36 

 

Tiffany will never understand the annual SM High school-wide tripped to the nearby beach. It's not like she didn't like the beach. Oh no, she would come to the beach at least five times over the summer but the key word there was summer, not winter because you see the tripped always for some odd reason happened on the last Friday of November. 

 

Sighing, Tiffany tugged down her sunglasses over her eyes with a huffed before following the herd of kids she had to controlled. Unfortunately, for this tripped, teachers couldn't paired up so she couldn't even attempt to enjoyed the beach time with Yunho. She had even dugged around her closet for her nice bikini too, but it's not like anyone would see it, considering how cold it was and she was planning on keeping her clothes on. Somehow though, Yunho was walking around somewhere with only a swim trunk and a tee on. How he did it, she had never know. The group of kids that she was supposed to chaperone seemed like they hadn't really wanted to come but who had passed up a day out of school? Tiffany had guessed by now that most of the kids had come probably because their friends had convinced them to come but didn't realized they had be put into groups. The rest were either in the categories of 'I don't care, it's a free day away from school', 'no way was I staying behind' and the rare 'I'm actually excited to be here'. There was only one person in that category and that student was Chaeyoung. 

 

"So." Chaeyoung said, turning around to face the group, "What do you all want to do?" All she got in response was a few coughs and a single replied of, "I don't even want to be here." 

 

Chaeyoung retaliated to this statement by placing her hands on her hips and snidely reply, "Well then, you shouldn't have come. We have to stick together as a group so we are stuck with each other so we had better make the best out of it." Tiffany by then had decided that Chaeyoung could handle the group on her own and that she really didn't need to put in any input, unless the other students didn't replied to her. 

 

There were a few grumbles following Chaeyoung's statement but in the end, they got a unanimous vote on going to the beach. Once they arrived at the beach though, it seemed like they had only responded to Chaeyoung so she would shut up. Most of the students just stood around while a few shuffled down to the water's edge or just sat down in the sand. Chaeyoung seemed preoccupied with building what Tiffany guessed was going to be a sand castle. 

 

Since it looked like she had all her students under controlled, she decided that she wasn't going to let the fact that half of them didn't seem to know how to have fun get in the way of her trying to enjoyed this day. Slipping her sole society 'sherwood' straw beach tote bag off, Tiffany pulled out the towel she had brought and laid it out on the sand. Then after, she had found a semi-comfortable position, she pulled out a novel she had been trying to start and began reading. 

 

It was then pretty quiet for a good hour before Chaeyoung somehow convinced the others to played a volleyball game, where she got the volleyball Tiffany would never know, and the peace and quiet was replaced with loud teens who didn't seem to realized that she could hear all their curse words but it's not like Tiffany wasn't used to loud noises and distractions while reading since reading around Yunho had been enough practice for her. 

 

So life carried on and Tiffany figured that they would tell her if they wanted to go get food but after five more hours of reading, she was starting to get hungry herself, taking out her phone to looked at the time, she was somewhat shocked to see that it was noon and they were still down at the beach. She was considering saying something to the kids when Chaeyoung appeared out of nowhere and plopped down next to her with a huffed, "Hey Chaeyoung, you think they are going to be done with the game soon?" Tiffany asked in hopes, that they could leave the beach and head up for food soon. 

 

Chaeyoung's reply was a shrugged of her shoulders and an, "I guess", which was an unusual responses for her normal chatterbox ways. 

 

"Everything ok?" Tiffany asked, though she hoped she wouldn't have to played Sooyoung's job on this tripped, "Yeah, I guess." Chaeyoung said, before shifting her position so her hands were behind her, "It's just hard to enjoyed myself when I got stuck in a group full of idiots and people I don't particularly like." 

 

"Wow, those are words I had never expect out of your mouth." Tiffany said in shocked. Chaeyoung was well known among both, teachers and peers alike as friendly and easy to get along with. There was almost no student in the school that wouldn't say they didn't considered her as a friend. 

 

"Well, I mean, I have to get along with pretty much everyone since I'm the president of student council. Can't really have people hating me if I planned to run again, next year." Chaeyoung said, with a sighed, "I just wished I had ended up in Coach Jung's group. No offense though Ms. Hwang, most of my friends are in his group." 

 

"No, no, I understand." Tiffany said, with a smile, "I had much preferred spending this day with friends instead of with students I don't particularly like though, no offense though." 

 

Chaeyoung began laughing after hearing the last part of Tiffany's statement before saying, "Yeah, I guess that's true for students and teachers alike." Chaeyoung finished. It was quiet between the two for a few seconds before Chaeyoung broke the silence with the question of, "Can I asked you a semi-personal question Ms. Hwang?" 

 

"Huh?" Tiffany said, taken aback, "That depends on what it's about I guess." 

 

"Well, I mean, it's kinda something my friends and I have been wondering about for a while now. I don't really want to called it a bet but that's kinda what it's become." Chaeyoung said, before pausing for a second, "The question is, whether or not you and Coach Jung are dating." 

 

"What?" Tiffany asked surprised. She had expected that by now, the entire student body had known by now since they weren't exactly being that secretive of it. It was true that they were allowed to date even though they were co-workers but they pretty much were on the same rules of student which was simply no PDA allowed ever during school hours. 

 

"You don't have to answered it if you don't want to." Chaeyoung said quickly, while waving her hands in front of her in panic. 

 

"No, no, it's fine. I'm just surprised that you don't know the answered but to answered your question, its yes." Tiffany said simply, waiting to see what the reaction would be. 

 

"Well then, cool. That means I was totally right. I can't wait to rubbed it in their faces." Chaeyoung said, with a nod as though she was assuring herself of what she would do. 

 

Tiffany let out a snort before saying, "That's the most interesting response I have gotten yet." 

 

"Is that so?" Chaeyoung asked, before making a noise that sounded like a hummed of sorts. Tiffany was about to respond when she heard a yelled from the group playing volleyball that sounded something like "Damn, I'm ing hungry!" Making a face, Tiffany turned around to see that the others students seemed to be done with the game and were heading over to where she was sitting. 

 

"Hey Ms. Hwang." The student, who was leading the group, said. She was pretty sure his name was Kyungtae  or something like that, "We were wondering if we could go up to the boardwalk?" 

 

"Oh, sure." Tiffany said, sitting up a bit more while putting her book into the bag, "Just give me a few seconds to pack up." And after Tiffany had shoved her towel into her bag, did they began to walked back up to the boardwalk. She felt a buzzed in her bag and slipped it down to her elbow so she could digged around for her phone; once she had pulled it out, did she see who it was. 

 

'My groups are up at the boardwalk. If you want to meet up or something.

 

- Yunho' 

 

Smiling, Tiffany replied back. 

 

'Already heading up there. Where are you?' 

 

While waiting for Yunho's responses, she noticed Chaeyoung slowly inching her way towards her. Raising an eyebrow at the behavior, she looked a little bit behind the heads of the other students to see that student from before, Kyungtae, was following all the while talking to her. About what, Tiffany wasn't sure but whatever it was, Chaeyoung was obviously uncomfortable with it. 

 

Tiffany was about to say something when her phone went off again. Looking down, she saw that the place Yunho was at was right up ahead of them. She texted back a quick response and once she looked back up, Chaeyoung was walking beside her and Kyungtae was nowhere to be seen. Shrugging her shoulders, Tiffany figured that Chaeyoung had taken care of it herself. 

 

When they arrived at the boardwalk, Tiffany found Yunho and his group almost immediately. It looked like Yunho had gotten the group where everyone was actually excited to be on the tripped. Once Yunho noticed her, he waved and she waved back before she turned around to her group. 

 

"Ok then, here's the deal. You can go wherever you want on the boardwalk but at one-thirty, we will meet back up at the arcade ok?" Tiffany asked, hoping that she could get rid of a few of them. 

 

"Which one?!" Some kid yelled, from the back to which Tiffany replied with a swift point to the closest one near them. There was then a large chorus of ok before almost her entire group left her. Only Chaeyoung and one other kid remained with her as she walked over to Yunho's group. 

 

The hello she got from Yunho was, "Thank you for coming. I thought I was about to explode." 

 

"Yunho Oppa, you are a teacher." Tiffany said, while placing her hands on his shoulders and staring him straight in the eye, "You watch kids for a living." 

 

"I know!" Yunho whined, "But I got him in my group!" 

 

"Oh my god, Oppa, really?" Tiffany asked, before she noticed that he was right and Woosung was in his group but at the moment, he was preoccupied with whatever Chaeyoung was telling him. 

 

"They were crazy." Yunho said, throwing his hands up in the air, "The lifeguard literally kicked us out of the water and then out of the beach. So were stuck here for the next two hours." 

 

"Oh, poor baby." Tiffany said, with a rolled of her eyes while patting his shoulder, "Is that the only reason you requested my presence?" 

 

"Well, I mean, I also hoped for a bathing suit but I guess it's a little chilly." Yunho said, with a shrugged before Tiffany punched him in the arm, "Ok, ok." He said, while rubbing the offending area, "I deserved that." 

 

"Yes, you did." Tiffany said, with a nod before asking, "But you know how you can make it up?" 

 

"Let me guess, stand in the three minute line for fries?" Yunho asked, while rolling his eyes even though his smile gave away that he joking. 

 

"Yeah!" Tiffany exclaimed, before grabbing his arm, "You know you had get them even if I didn't asked you." 

 

"Well yeah, because they are some damn good fries." Yunho said, before looking over at the growing line with a grimace on his face, "You will watch the kids, right?" 

 

"Yeah, of course." Tiffany said, before she watched him head off. She gave him a waved before she turned her attention to the kids. Half of them were eyeing the ice cream place and the others seemed to just be sitting around, waiting for something to happened. 

 

"If any of you guys want food, now would be the time to get it." Tiffany said, as half of them made a beeline for the random junk food places around right away. She counted five running towards the ice cream place and eight already at the caramel corn stall. The only two left were Chaeyoung and Woosung who were debating whether or not to get fries or pizza. 

 

Apparently, they decided pizza because three minutes later, they were standing in the long line for the single pizza stall on the entire boardwalk. Sighing, Tiffany sat down and watched Yunho as he slowly moved forward in the line while occasionally checking on the kids that were slowly trickling back over to the benches that Tiffany had claimed. Heck, Woosung and Chaeyoung got back before he did but he did come back eventually and the most important thing was that he came back with fries. 

 

"Are you happy now?" Yunho asked, as he sat down beside her with the bucket of fries. 

 

"Yes, I am." Tiffany said, before grabbing a handful of fries. 

 

"Sure, just go right on ahead and start eating the fries that I stood in line forever to eat." Yunho said dramatically, while watching Tiffany from the cornered of his eye. 

 

"I know, how tragic." She responded, while she waited for him to grabbed his handful of fries and then promptly shoving them into his mouth, "And that demonstration is why I grabbed a handful of fries before you." Tiffany said, before she threw a few more fries from her handful into . 

 

"Hey, you snooze, you lose." Yunho said, before shoving more fries in his mouth. 

 

"Do you remembered that time when we went to the beach last summer with the others?" Tiffany said, as she continued munching on her fries. 

 

"Which time...? Wait, are you talking about when Siwon found out we put vinegar on our fries?" Yunho asked, with a tinge of laughter hiding in his voice as though he was trying not to laughed. 

 

"Yeah, I can still see his shocked and disgusted face." Tiffany said, as Yunho shoved more fries in his mouth, "It's like he had found out that we had killed our first born child or something." Yunho than promptly choked on his fries while Tiffany began laughing. 

 

In between coughs, Yunho managed to spit out, "He called us monsters and said we had go to hell." 

 

"Ah, that will always be a great memory." Tiffany said, wiping a tear away from her eye before grabbing more fries, "Hey Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany." 

 

"What Oppa?" Tiffany said, turning to him to see him balancing a fry on his nose. She stared at him for a few seconds before replaying, "Oppa please, we are in public." 

 

"So?" Yunho said, trying to not moved his face as to keep the fry on. 

 

"You are a bad influence to the kids." Tiffany said, while eating her fries. 

 

"Everything's a bad influence." Yunho said simply, with a shrugged right before the fry toppled off his face and onto the ground. 

 

"See." Tiffany said, pointing at the offending fry that was soon attacked by seagulls, "Now, you are going to have one less fry, how do you feel?" 

 

"Terrible." Yunho said, hanging his head in mocked shame, "But that doesn't stopped me from eating them!" He exclaimed, before grabbing another handful. 

 

"Of course, it doesn't." Tiffany said, with a sighed. 

 

"Hey Fany, you want to do me a favor?" Yunho asked. 

 

"And what would that be?" Tiffany asked, as she ate another fry. 

 

Picking up a fry and holding it out to her, he said, "Throw this fry in my mouth." 

 

"Oppa, no." Tiffany said, "It won't land in your mouth." 

 

"You don't know that. Come on, try it. It's not like it's a fry you are not going to eat." 

 

"True." Tiffany said, contemplating the matter for a few seconds before taking the fry out of his hand and began to aimed it towards his mouth. 

 

"Aw yeah, this is going to be so awesome." Yunho said, before opening his mouth. 

 

"I just want you to know you looked like a gigantic baby bird." Tiffany said, before she threw the fry at him. Yunho made a noise just as the fry hit his forehead and then slid down his face to the ground. 

 

"Damn." Yunho muttered, as he watched the seagulls attacked the fry, "I thought maybe it would have worked." "Oh, well." Tiffany said, with a shrugged before leaning over and kissing his cheek, "At least it hit your cheek." "True." Yunho said, with a nod before gesturing to the fry bucket, "But now unfortunately, all the fries are gone. Whatever shall we do now?" 

 

"I don't know." Tiffany said, with a shrugged, "Asked the kids what they want to do; we still have like an hour before we have to get ready to leave." 

 

"Hey, what do you guys want to do before we leave?" Yunho asked, turning around to face the group. He got a few blank stares before he got a response, all of which said they should go to the arcade. 

 

"Well Oppa." Tiffany said, while standing up, "It looks like the people have spoken." 

 

"Yeah, yeah." Yunho said, while throwing the greasy bucket away, "I heard." Standing up, he followed Tiffany and the herd of kids to the arcade. Tiffany gagged at the smell of stale popcorn and burning plastic. She had forgotten how much she had hated the arcade from the last time Yunho had dragged her in to played air hokey for three hours. 

 

"So Tiffany." Yunho said, while sliding up next to Tiffany, the kids had pretty much all run off to who knows where, leaving the two of them alone or however alone you could be in a crowded arcade, "You ready for some air hokey." 

 

A smile crossed her face, Tiffany said, "Bring it on." And bring it on she did. Tiffany ended up being the champion of the five consecutive games of air hokey. 

 

"Well." Yunho said, as he watched Tiffany dance around, all the while loudly declaring how she won, "It looks like we know who's better at air hokey but I'm still the best at Mario Kart." 

 

"I will win that title from you so I can be the ultimate player!" Tiffany loudly exclaimed, before checking her Michael Kors preston white silicone strap watch. She may be celebrating her win rather immaturely but that still didn't mean she was going to slack off on her job, "Damn." Tiffany said, cursing under her breath before turning to Yunho, "Looks like we better find the kids and head out." 

 

"Aw man, is it time to leave already?!" Yunho said, with a whined, "I was hoping for a rematch." 

 

"We can settle this once we get back to my apartment." Tiffany said, "But right now, we need to find the kids and rolled out of here before we get left behind." 

 

"Got it." Yunho said, before he disappeared into the depths of the arcade. Eight minutes later, they emerged from the arcade with all their assigned students, most of Tiffany's had come to the arcade to wait but went inside when they hadn't seen her standing around. 

 

"Ok then. Is everyone here? Looked around to see if we are missing anyone." Tiffany said, while clasping her hands together and glancing at her watch. They were cutting it close; they were supposed to be meeting at the buses in three minutes. After hearing the reply of no, she quickly herded them towards the bus and they ended up getting there only a few minutes behind the time but it wasn't like they were the only ones that were late. Byunghee's group showed up five seconds after them. 

 

Boa made a comment about how both, Yunho and Tiffany's groups had ended up together which Tiffany chose to ignored for the moment. As everyone loaded onto their respective buses, Tiffany plopped herself down in a seat in the front and soon was joined by Yunho. 

 

"Man." Tiffany said, with a sighed before resting her head on Yunho's shoulder, "I'm wiped out." 

 

"So were not going to do that rematched when we get back to your place?" Yunho asked, with a smile. 

 

"No, we are going to have a rematched." Tiffany said, while looking up at him, "I'm going to become the ultimate winner." 

 

"Sure, you are." Yunho said, with a laughed, "But you know I think I know what the loser should have to do." "Hmmm." Tiffany asked, while turning her face away from him and readjusting her head on his shoulder. 

 

"The loser should have to show off to the other in their bathing suit." 

 

"Do you want to see me in a swim suit that bad?" 

 

"Yes?" 

 

"Fine, but you better be ready to take off that stupid t-shirt. I expect to see those muscles."