We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 24 

 

Tiffany was certainly surprised to say the least or at least as surprised as you could get when Yunho had actually came to picked her up on time for once. She stood dumbstruck; she probably would have been less amazed if she had actually slept last night but she did have an 3 hour car ride before her and Yunho would have to shut up at some point, right? 

 

"Hey Fany." Yunho said, jogging up to her; how he was this energetic this early, she had no idea. 

 

"Hello Yunho Oppa. What's got you so perky?" Tiffany asked, as she picked up her bags and began to make her way towards the car. 

 

As he turned around to followed her, he replied, "I had like five cups of coffee before driving over." 

 

"You fine with stopping somewhere so I can get myself some coffee?" Tiffany asked, reaching the back of the car. Opening the trunk for her, he said, "Sure, I could uses another cup myself if I'm going to be driving for three hours straight." 

 

"Okay then." Tiffany said, shoving her bag into the trunk before slamming the top, "Let's begin this tripped!" She exclaimed, putting her hands on her hips. 

 

"Yeah." Yunho said, rising his fists in the air. 

 

Tiffany had been prepared to have her ear talked off by Yunho but as luck would have it, she slept through the first hour of the tripped. When she woke up, she found Yunho drumming on the steering wheel while waiting for traffic to move. 

 

"Are we in a traffic jam or something?" Tiffany asked groggily, stretching out her arms. 

 

"Ah, the sleeping beauty awakens!" Yunho exclaimed, taking his eyes off of the road for a second to glance in her direction. 

 

"Hahaha." Tiffany said sarcastically, "Did you ever stopped and get coffee?" 

 

"Huh? Oh, yeah. About an hour after you fell asleep." Yunho replied slowly, inching the car forward. 

 

"What?!" Tiffany squealed in angered. She had been looking forward to, no had needed that coffee and now, she would have to suffered without caffeine for the rest of the ride. 

 

"But..." Yunho said in a pleases tone, almost as though he was bragging, "I did get you coffee." Yunho said, gesturing to the single cup in the cup holder. 

 

"Really?!" Tiffany exclaimed, grabbing the coffee. 

 

"Yeah, it's probably not the temperature you like but its caffeine so..." 

 

"You are the best." Tiffany said, before taking a sip. 

 

"Can you say that again?" Yunho asked, with a smirked. 

 

"You are the best." Tiffany said, rolling her eyes before taking another sip. It was kinda cold but oh well. Coffee is still coffee. 

 

"You better believe it." Yunho said, before yelling out a whoop as traffic was finally beginning to moved at a steady pace once again. 

 

"So, how much longer until we get there?" Tiffany asked. 

 

"Really? You don't recognize anything?" Yunho asked. 

 

"Oppa, I haven't been home in years. Of course I don't recognized anything. Why? Are we closes?" 

 

"Eh, kinda. Two hours away at least." Yunho said, shrugging his shoulders. 

 

"Really?" Tiffany asked, shocked. 

 

"Yeah, we are going to make good times." Yunho commented. 

 

"At least that means we have time to stopped at the hotel and dropped our stuff off." Tiffany said out loud, tapping on the dashboard nervously. She really wanted nothing more than to turned around right now and head back home. What would everyone think with her returning all these years later, only for her father's funeral but what would they think if she didn't show up? 

 

She didn't think she could go through with this. Tapping her finger quicker, she went through everything that could go wrong with this tripped. Her father might not have even had a will for all she knew. Then she would most likely be the one who had have to deal with all of that but on the other hand, there could be a will and that would most likely end up messy with who her father was friends with. 

 

"Fany?" Yunho asked concerned. He had noticed her tapping and knew that whatever was causing it wasn't good, "Hmmm, what?" Tiffany asked, turning her attention to him. 

 

"You okay? Because I mean, you might just put a hole in my dash if you keep the tapping up." Yunho said, looking at her tapping finer. 

 

"Huh? Oh, sorry." Tiffany said, pulling her hands away, "Yeah, I'm fine, just a little nervous about going home." "You sure that's it Fany?" Yunho asked. He knew there had to be more to it, not just her being a bit uneasy about going home. 

 

"Yeah, I'm sure." Tiffany replied, before turning to fiddle with the radio. 

 

"Sure it's got nothing to do with your father's death and the fact that we are heading towards his funeral right now?" 

 

"Yes." Tiffany muttered, continuing to searched for a radio channel that she liked. As important as Yunho was to her, she didn't want to burden him with her problems anymore. 

 

"Okay, just talked to me if something's wrong." Yunho said, hoping it would encourage her to talked to him. 

 

"Got it." Tiffany said, finally stopping at a station. 

 

Some new pop songs began playing, filling the silence that had seemed to materialize. 

 

Not too long later, Yunho broke the silence when he muttered, "Stupid pop music." And changed the station. 

 

Tiffany sent him a glare before changing it back to the other station. 

 

"Driver picks the music." Yunho stated, before changing it back to his station. 

 

"Well, I don't like your crappy music." Tiffany muttered, before changing it back. 

 

"Are you sure your fine?" 

 

"Yes, perfectly fine!" Tiffany hissed. 

 

"Well, you sure not acting perfectly fine." Yunho huffed. 

 

"Maybe because someone keeps changing the station to his crappy rock music!" Tiffany yelled, throwing her arms up. 

 

"Hey, you like some of that music, too." 

 

"So what if I like eight songs or whatever, maybe I want to listened to upbeat music or something that's actually on the top fifty songs, huh?" 

 

"Well then, just tell me that." 

 

"I don't see why I need to tell you that. When I woke up, you weren't listening to anything." Tiffany said, sending him a glare before turning away to looked angrily out of the window. 

 

Sighing, Yunho turned his attention back to driving, the best reason he could come with for this outburst was just that she was irritable about what she would have to deal with later today. They sat in silence for the next thirty minutes until Yunho caved. 

 

"Sorry." He said, looking over at her. When she didn't looked at him, he sighed and turned his attention back to the road before continuing his apology, "I know you are in a bad mood about what's going to happened in a few hours and I get that but I don't want you to hold all your feelings in. I just want you to trust me enough to talked to me about how you feel." Running his fingers through his hair, he said, "I really do care about you a lot Tiffany. I don't want you to just bottle up all your emotions like your trying to do but I really am sorry about whatever I did that pissed you off so much which I guess was changing the radio station?" 

 

Looking over at her, Yunho noticed out of the cornered of his eye that she was crying. 

 

" Fany. I really am sorry. It's just..." 

 

"No, no." Tiffany said, shaking her head and whipping her eyes, "You didn't make me cry. I should be the one apologizing. I really should talked to you about this. I just...I don't know." Tiffany said, leaning her head back against her seat, "I just don't want to burden you with my problems." 

 

"You are not going to burden me with your problems; I want to helped you feel better." Yunho said. 

 

"Geez, how do you deal with me Oppa?" Tiffany asked, running her fingers through her wavy waist-length, brown hair. She felt like a mess. She had just freaked out on her best friend because he had changed the freaking radio station. What was wrong with her? 

 

"What do you mean by that?" Yunho asked, confused. 

 

"I'm such a mess and yet, you never seem to leave my side. Why?" 

 

"Because you are my best friend and you are important to me Fany. I love being a part of your life and so what if it's a mess? That just makes it that much more fun." Yunho said sincerely. 

 

Tiffany felt her heart melt at his words. How did she managed to get such a good friend like Yunho? With the way things were turning out, she had probably end up falling in love with him even more while on this tripped. That thought stopped Tiffany's thoughts for a minute. Just a few days earlier, she had planned on telling Yunho her feelings and now, four days later, she wasn't even closes to that but that wasn't a priority right now; she needed to just make it through this tripped and when they got back home, then she would think about how to confessed to him but until then, being friends would be fine. 

 

"Hey, earth to Tiffany?" Yunho said. 

 

"Hmmm?" Tiffany said, whipping her head around to him. 

 

"You okay? You were kinda spaced out there for a second." Yunho said worriedly. 

 

"I was just thinking." Tiffany said, "So, you think we will be there soon?" 

 

"Yeah. According to my phone, we have an hour and a half." Yunho said, giving her a bright smile. 

 

"Did you break the speed limit while I was sleeping?" 

 

"Maybe?"