We Are In Love

We Are In Love

Chapter 19 

 

When the alarm clock went off, Tiffany's eyes opened groggily as she fumbled around to silence the alarm. When the infernal beeping stopped, she rolled out of bed and headed towards the kitchen to actually make some coffee for once. She had learned by now that getting coffee at worked was a lost causes. When she passed her couch, she paused and turned around. It looked like her eyes weren't fooling her. Yunho was lying sprawled out on her couch with the cat that had been recently named Happy, curled up on his chest. It looked like he had once again, crashed at her place. Damn! Now, she had to hope that Woosung wouldn't noticed and tell the whole school but she couldn't worry that much yet. She could barely remember why Yunho had even crashed here in the first place. Shuffling towards the kitchen, she figured she had feel a lot better once she had a cup of coffee in her hand. 

 

As she stood there waiting for her coffee, she heard a crash from the other room and what sounded like a sound of a very unhappy cat. A few seconds later, a half awake Yunho stumbled into the kitchen. 

 

"Coffee!" He grumbled. 

 

"You will get your coffee as soon as I get mine!" She grumbled back. They waited in silence until the coffee dinged, "Coffee!" Yunho cried half-heartedly, as Tiffany handed him a mug. 

 

"You better enjoyed this. The pot was supposed to be only for me, not something to shared." Tiffany muttered, "Whatever." Yunho said, taking a sip of his coffee, "I might not make you any eggs." 

 

"Oh, you were actually going to make breakfast for once?!" Tiffany grumbled. 

 

"I make you breakfast every time I crash here." 

 

"Really? And I haven't died yet? And my apartment building hasn't burned down?" 

 

"Hey, I'm a good cook." 

 

"You have set off the fire alarms eight times." 

 

"Only three of them were real fires." 

 

"Still." Tiffany murmured, as Happy trotted into the room, "Hey." 

 

"Hmmm, what?" 

 

"What are we going to do with Happy?" 

 

"What do you mean?" Yunho asked, as Happy rubbed up against his leg. 

 

"Well, whose place is he going to stayed at?" 

 

"I don't know." 

 

"This is going to be a problem." 

 

"Well, I can take him. Like you said, I will probably bring him over whenever I come over." 

 

"True, but the goldfish..." 

 

"Stopped talking about him. It was a long time ago." 

 

"Uh huh. Anyway, wouldn't it just be best if he stayed here? I have a bigger place then you anyway." 

 

"True, I guess. It would give me a better excuses for coming over every day." 

 

"Speaking of that, why did you crash here last night?" Tiffany asked. Yunho's previous comment didn't even affect her. 

 

"I didn't know whether I was supposed to take him home or leave him here so I made up some excuses that I didn't think he would like being taken to a random house or something. I mean, he seems to like your place." Yunho said, as Happy jumped onto the counter. 

 

"Probably because he knows where I put the food." She deadpanned as she pointed to Happy who was scratching at the cabinet with the food in it. 

 

"Maybe he's trying to tell you he's hungry." 

 

"Okay then cat whisper, I will feed the cat and you make us breakfast." 

 

"Got it boss." Yunho said, saluting her before turning around and rummaging through the fridge. 

 

Shaking her head, Tiffany swatted Happy away from the cabinet so she could grabbed the cat food. 

 

"Come on, get down." Tiffany said, before walking over to the bowl that had been bought yesterday. She still couldn't believe that Yunho had conned her into paying for half of the stuff yesterday. Opening the can and plopping its contents into the bowl, she muttered, "Eat up." Before turning around to face Yunho. 

 

He was currently looking like he was going to be a safety hazard. He had the stove on and a pan in his hand. She could practically smell the smoke already. 

 

"Yunho Oppa, is this really a good idea?" 

 

"Don't worry about it." Yunho assured her, "I'm making eggs and I need to cooked them." 

 

"Okay." Tiffany said hesitantly, "Don't burn down my kitchen." 

 

"Yeah, yeah." Yunho said, waving her away. Taking this as an opportunity to get ready and hopefully get a non-burned breakfast, she went off to get ready for worked. 

 

When she came back into the kitchen, she was happy to smell no smoke, "Hey Fany. The eggs are ready." Yunho said, waving the spatula at her. 

 

"Great. I'm guessing you didn't burn them." Tiffany commented. 

 

"You better believe it. Told you I was a good cook." He said, offering her a plate. 

 

"Uh huh. I haven't tasted them yet." Tiffany said, rummaging through a drawer, looking for a fork. 

 

"They taste great." 

 

"Whatever you say." Tiffany said, turning around before freezing at the sight of what Yunho was doing, "Uses a goddamn fork, not my spatula!" 

 

"What?" Yunho said, before shoving another mouthful of eggs into his mouth using the spatula, "It's kinda like a big spoon." 

 

Throwing her fork at him, she yelled, "Here, uses mine!" 

 

Grabbing it before it would hit him in the face, Yunho smiled at her and said, "Thanks Fany." 

 

"Don't mention it." She answered sarcastically, before turning around and grabbing another one, "Really, I would think by now you would have better manners." 

 

"Using a spatula as a utensil is not bad manners. It's just not caring enough to get a fork. Besides, it's not like you were going to uses it again, after I used it so I'm just using it to its full capacity." 

 

"Whatever you have to say to make you feel justified for what you did." 

 

"I do it all the time at my place so I don't need any justification." 

 

"Make sure that if I ever cook at your place, I never uses your spatula." 

 

"Got it." 

 

"Anyway, what are you going to wear to worked anyway?" Tiffany asked. He wouldn't have any time to make it back to his place in time to change. 

 

"I will just wear what I wore yesterday." Yunho shrugged. 

 

"Really? That's unhygienic. You sweated all day in those clothes." Tiffany said, scrunching her nose in disgusts, "Who am I trying to impressed? Anyway, I can just take back that sweatshirt that you stole from me to put over my shirt then no one will know." 

 

"I do not have a stolen sweatshirt of yours." 

 

"Yeah, you do. I have seen it in your closet and I have seen you wear it so I will just be taking it back." 

 

"No, you can't have it!" Tiffany exclaimed, readying herself for a fight to her closet. 

 

"Oh, and why not?" 

 

"It's my favorite. I need to wash it." Tiffany said, coming up with random excuses. 

 

"Well, if you like it so much I will just give it to you after worked." Yunho said, edging towards the living room. 

 

"I don't trust you." Tiffany said, setting her plate on the counter. 

 

"But if I get it before you." Yunho said, before quickly sprinting towards her room. 

 

"Oppa!" She yelled, running after him. He made it to her bedroom before she tackled his legs and he came crashing down, "Ah ha." She said triumphantly, before crawling over him towards her closet. 

 

"Oh no, you don't." Yunho said, grabbing her legs and pulling her back. Jumping up, he ran over and ripped opened the closet door. Rummaging around the closet, he hurriedly looked for the article of clothing in question but not until Tiffany cried, jumping onto Yunho's back. 

 

"Get off of me." He said. 

 

"Never!" Tiffany cried. 

 

"Ah ha!" Yunho cried, pulling the black tommy bahama aruba quarter-zip sweatshirt, "I win!" 

 

"Not if I can take it from you." Tiffany said, beginning to reached for the sweatshirt. 

 

Holding it above his head, he laughed, "You can't reached it." 

 

"Yes, I can." 

 

"Well, we can't be having that." Yunho said, beginning to walked backwards. 

 

"What are you doing?" 

 

"Getting rid of the person on my back." Yunho said, stopping in front of her bed. 

 

"No." She said, gripping his back tighter, "You wouldn't dare." 

 

"Try me." Yunho said, before falling onto the bed back first. Letting out a squeal, Tiffany clung to his back and prayed that she wouldn't get smashed. 

 

Laughing as he rolled off of her, he said, "I win." 

 

"No, you didn't." She wheezed, "You cheated." 

 

"You cheated first." He said, sticking his tongue out, "I didn't killed you, did I?" 

 

"Oh, you are concern now?" She asked. 

 

"I will take that as a yes." 

 

"I hate you." 

 

"I love you, too." 

 

"What?" Tiffany asked, sitting up. She knew he was teasing but still. 

 

"What?" Yunho asked, looking at her, doing his best to keep himself calm because holy , he just said he loved her and even if they were just joking around, he had just said something to her that he had wanted to say for five years now. 

 

"Uh, nothing." Tiffany said, calming herself down. It was teasing. 

 

"Anyway, I will give you back the sweatshirt at the end of the day." Yunho promised, as he tugged it over his head, "Whatever." Tiffany said, "Give it to me with a new bottle of shampoo." 

 

"Uh." 

 

"I'm not letting you off the hook for that one." 

 

"Okay Fany. Whatever you say." 

 

As he was waiting for the bus, Woosung couldn't helped but noticed something interesting. Coach Jung's car was park outside of Ms. Hwang's apartment building. Normally, he was never here this early to picked her up which meant... 

 

Whipping out his phone, he began to hastily text Chaewon. She would really enjoyed this piece of news.