Chapter 9: Accident

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV 

After the nice weekend of being at the spa and hanging out and watching movies with my best friend, I had to go back to school the following Monday.  I wished that summer would come soon so that I could relax all day, but there were probably still many more winter days before spring and summer comes. 

When I got to school that Monday, I immediately could tell that there was something up with Minhee.  I looked to Luhan to find answers, but he seemed busy discussing things with his soccer teammates, so I didn't want to bother him. 

She greeted me cheerfully like always, but then she just wouldn't leave my side.  She kept staring at me from time to time as well.  Usually she was stuck beside Luhan, but she stayed next to me and was being possessive. 

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked when lunch time came around. 

"Yeah.  Why?" she replied. 

"It's not that I mind, but wouldn't you want to be with Luhan instead?" 

"No, I'm always with him.  I'd rather hang out with my best friend." 

I nodded and continued to eat.  I was still suspicious of her, but I didn't push it anymore than that because it didn't actually bother me. 

At the end of the day, I packed up and got ready to get to the bus.  Minhee followed me all the way to the bus stop and only left when Sehun had come and the bus was in sight.  Before she left, she whispered something to Sehun.  She must've said something about me because as I was watching them from a distance, they suddenly looked my way. 

The first thing I saw was Sehun's chocolate, brown eyes, but I quickly looked away pretending that I hadn't been staring that whole time.  His stare didn't seem cold anymore, but that doesn't mean that him himself wasn't still frightening. 

I climbed onto the bus when it stopped and sat down.  Surprisingly, there weren't many people on the bus.  The bus was always full that I had to stand up whenever I got on, but this time there was an open seat. 

Only three others got on, including Sehun, then the bus moved.  As the bus drove down the road, it started snowing hard.  The bus drive slowed down, but I could still feel the bus skid across the ice a bit from time to time. 

Then it came for us to go down this semi-steep hill.  I watched out the window as the bus stopped and dropped a couple of people off, then began descending down the hill.  Everything seemed fine for a moment, but then a second later the bus started turning to the side.  That's when everyone started to panic. 

I held onto the bottom of my seat and hoped that nothing bad would happen.  But my hope was crushed as everyone felt the bus starting to tip towards one way. 

The bus driver tried telling everyone that we needed to lean on the opposite side so that it'll balance out, but everyone was so panicked that they didn't listen at all.  I, on the other hand, was still somewhat calm and got up to go to the opposite side. 

With only a couple of people moving to the opposite side of the bus and the rest of the majority still on the tipping side, the bus tipped further until it finally fell onto the side with a crash. 

I was gripping onto the metal bar as soon as I noticed the bus tipping, but I soon lost grip and hit my head because of how hard the bus had fallen onto it's side.  Before I could fall with it, though, someone grabbed my waist and held me protectively. 

It was only after the bus had come to a stop at the bottom of the hill was when I was able to look at who was holding me.  It was the one and only, Oh Sehun.  He was still holding onto me with one arm and held onto the metal pole with his other hand. 

We were able to stand, so when we were sure that the bus had come to a complete stop, he let me go.  The others who didn't grab onto the metal pole or bar, were laying on the ground with the broken glass and whatnot. 

Suddenly my head started to hurt and I crouched down and held onto my head.  That's how great the pain was.  When the pain somewhat subsided, I got back up and looked around.  My vision was blurry, but I could still make things out. 

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard someone ask. 

I spun until I found the figure that was talking to me.  I blinked and rubbed my eyes.  Then I realized that it was Sehun.  He stood stiffly in front of me, waiting for an answer. 

"Y-yeah," I replied, barely audible. 

"Is everyone alright?" the bus driver asked.  A couple of people mumbled yes while others just stayed quiet.  "I'll call an ambulance, just hold tight, folks." 

I watched as the driver pulled out his phone, but then the pain came back and I had to lean against the side just to hold myself up. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sehun asked. 

"I'm fine," I reassured him. 

Then I shivered.  "Here," he said.  I looked up at him and saw that he had draped his coat over me. 

"A-aren't you cold?" 

"You're shivering worse than me.  I'll live." 

"Th-thanks..." 

I closed my eyes just for a bit, but then someone's yell started me causing my eyes to open. 

"Baby, wake up!  Baby!  Daekyung-ah!" a woman shouted. 

Slowly, I made my way over to the two.  I put my hand on her shoulder and bent down next to her.  There was a about 5 year old laying unconscious in front of us. 

"Help me, please.  My baby, he won't wake up...  Please, you have to do something," the lady pleaded. 

"Miss you have to calm down, the ambulance is coming right now," I told her. 

"But... my baby..." 

I looked at her sadly.  "Okay, let me find a way out." 

I stood back up and tried looking for an exit.  All the doors were on the side that was down, so the only exit was through the small emergency exit or the windows on top now.  First I tried to open the emergency exit, but it wouldn't budge.  There was probably snow on the other side of it.  Then I tried the windows.  It was sealed shut and wouldn't open unless something hard hit it. 

Before I went back to the lady and her child, Sehun caught my arm.  I looked up at him.  "Huh?" I asked. 

"What are you doing?  Stop running around," he said. 

"I'll be careful," I told him and shook him off me. 

I apologized to the lady for not being able to find an exit, but within a couple of minutes we heard the ambulance.  They had to smash the front window and remove most of the glass so that no one would get cut from it before coming in. 

I was helping the lady with her child and walk over to front until I tripped over the seat, but before I could fall Sehun had caught me.  In the process, though, he managed to somehow get his arm cut. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him, truly worried. 

"It's nothing," he replied as he tried hiding his fresh cut that started to bleed. 

Then my head started hurting again.  This time the pain seemed even greater than before and I felt like just falling onto the ground now.  I grabbed onto Sehun's good arm and gently squeezed as I shut my eyes and hoped for the pain to go away. 

"Hey, do you two need to go to the hospital first?" one of the emergency responders asked, looking at me. 

"What?  No!  We need to take my baby to the hospital!  He's not waking up!" the lady exclaimed, tears starting to fall again. 

Before the guy could reply to the lady, I spoke up and said, "It's okay, I'm fine.  She's right, tend to the child first.  We can wait for the next ambulance."  He nodded then left. 

Sehun led me outside and fixed his jacket that was still hanging on my shoulders.  The other passengers crawled out of the bus' front window and joined me and Sehun in waiting for the ambulances and police to get here.  We had to stand in the cold for about a good 10 minutes before the next few ambulances came into sight. 

As soon as they parked and opened up their back doors, Sehun immediately pushed me towards one.  I climbed in first, then he followed after me. 

On the ride to the hospital, the lady kept asking me questions and looking for physical damage.  Her assistant, on the other hand, kept staring at Sehun and was barely paying any attention to what her senior was talking about. 

"Are you sure you feel alright?" the lady asked me for the nth time. 

"Yes," I replied.  "If you're really worried then look at his arm.  It was cut earlier." 

I looked at Sehun and realized that he stared at me in a "why did you have to say something" kind of look. 

The lady went from examining me to Sehun.  She took his arm and turned it so that she could see the cut easier.  At first he was hesitant and slightly resisted in showing his injury, but eventually gave in. 

When we finally got to the hospital, they split us up.  I was with the older lady, which I was slightly thankful for, and Sehun had been dragged in a different direction with the assistant. 

 

Sehun's POV

After the bus had come to a stop, I let Hina go.  Right after I let her stand on her own, she crouched down and slightly whimpered in pain.  I asked if she was okay, and she replied that she was fine. 

A couple of minutes after she had recovered, we stood there in silence.  Then I saw her shiver from the cold.  I took my jacket off and put it over her shoulders so that she wouldn't be so cold anymore.  Afterall, she was only wearing our school's winter blazer, a scarf, and tights that didn't seem too thick to fend off the cold winter. 

It seemed like what ever was causing her pain came back again because she closed her eyes and leaned against the wall.  I felt slightly bad that I couldn't do anything to help ease her pain as I watched her. 

Then when one lady was starting to scream about her child, Hina kept walking back and forth trying to help her.  There was a lot of glass on the ground and too many things you could trip over, so I tried getting her to stop, but she really insisted on help the woman. 

When the first ambulance came, she allowed to let the woman and her child go first.  To be completely honest, on the inside I could feel myself slightly smiling to her kind acts.  She was one of those people who cared more for others than herself. 

Finally, when the other ambulances came, I had gently pushed her towards one of them because I knew that if I didn't, she probably would have stalled until the last person got into an ambulance before she got into one. 

In the ambulance, of course I noticed the assistant lady staring at me.  I didn't mind though because there were always girls like her staring at me.  It's not like it didn't make me uncomfortable, because it really did, but it was just more annoying than anything else and it wasn't like it was something new. 

Sadly they made us go down separate halls even though I said I was fine.  I don't know why I didn't want to separate from Hina so badly, but I felt like I should have stayed by her side, at least for now.  Well, it was partially for Minhee's request and partially myself just wanting to, too. 

 

 


Hi guys!  How was this chapter?  It was a bit dramatic, so I hope you guys liked it.  Hahah :)  Anyways, I'll be a little bit busy this weekend because I have a little family gathering to go to so I won't be able to update :P 

 

~Angelflyer