Chapter 27: Jealous

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

When I got home, I was greeted by my dad.  He was in the kitchen cooking something up.  After I put my backpack down and took off my coat and blazer, my dad called me over to try the dish he was cooking. 

"So?  How is it?" he asked. 

"It's good," I replied. 

"Great, I mixed in a Japanese and Korean style." 

I sat there at the breakfast bar for a little while and watched as my dad moved about in the kitchen. 

"Hey, dad," I started. 

"Yeah?" he answered. 

"Do you think Sehun is a bad guy?" 

"Well, I don't know him personally, so I won't say anything about him.  Why do you ask?" 

"Because mom thinks he's a bad guy.  He's really not..." 

"Your mother has been under a lot of stress lately.  Work has been very busy for her and on top of that learning about your concussion and grandma's condition." 

I sighed.  "Can you talk to her?  Tell her that I'm fine." 

"Why don't you tell her yourself?" 

"I don't know.  I just don't want to speak to her after yesterday." 

"Alright.  I'll talk with her." 

"Thanks." 

Later that night as I was laying in bed, and heard my parents talking.  It was a bit muffled since my door was closed, but then it turned into yelling- mostly my mom.  I just rolled my eyes.  From all the yelling I assumed she still wasn't okay with the idea of me being near Sehun at all.  Still, if I happen to be around Sehun at all, I won't ignore him or avoid him like how my mom would want me to. 

The next couple of days were just regular, ordinary days.  I went to school, hung out with my friends, took the bus home, did homework, ate, slept, and repeat for the next day.  Then the weekend came around. 

"Yeah, we're going to go to this new pizza place.  You should come with us," Luhan said. 

"We can come pick you up, if you want," Minhee added. 

They put me on speaker as they spoke to me together.  I placed my books onto my desk and took my phone off my shoulder.  "I don't know... we have three hard tests to study for..." I told the couple. 

"We can study on Sunday together.  I promise," Minhee reasoned. 

"But the tests are on Tuesday." 

"You're a smart girl, you'll pass them with flying colors anyways," Luhan told me. 

I sighed.  "Fine, but you guys are picking me up and paying." 

"Deal!" Minhee exclaimed. 

The next morning I did not expect the couple to be at my house at 9:30 in the morning honking their car horn and ringing the door bell.  I knew it was them two, too, because only Minhee would think it would be a good idea to wake me up this way.  Thankfully my parents had to work this weekend and weren't home at the time.  I groaned into my pillow and then stomped my way down to the front door. 

"Good morning!" Minhee greeted and pushed passed me. 

"Hey, Hina," Luhan greeted and followed Minhee. 

I didn't even bother replying to either of them.  I didn't even get a lot of sleep because I was up studying all night.  Knowing them two, they would push off studying until the evening.  Yes, they were smart students, but sometimes they were just lazy. 

"You didn't tell me that I would have to wake up before 10 o'clock in the morning," I muttered. 

"It's only a 30 minute difference," Minhee said. 

They followed me up to my room and sat down on my bed.  "Plus," Luhan started, "we have to be at the restaurant at 11:45.  Since they're a new restaurant and everyone wants to go, we had to reserve a table." 

I looked at him in disbelief in a tired way, then sighed and went to my closet to find something to wear.  Once I found my outfit for the day, a plain white long sleeves with black jeans and a thick, grey, wool cardigan, I went to wash up and use the bathroom. 

After I finished getting ready, we headed down to the city.  We stopped in front of Sehun's apartment building.  They called him and he came down and got into the car within 10 minutes. 

"Okay, ready to go everyone?" Luhan asked and began driving away from the curb. 

"How far away is the restaurant?" I asked. 

"It's about an hour away." 

"That's why we came to wake you up so early," Minhee said. 

"I was going to come pick Sehun first, but Minhee and I figured you're probably more of an early bird compared to him." 

"Oh," I said and looked over to Sehun. 

"We'll go shopping afterwards," Minhee said. 

At the restaurant, we were seated right away because of the reserved table.  There were a lot of people there sitting or waiting for a table.  I guess Luhan was right about everyone wanting to come there. 

We sat in a four seater booth.  Minhee and I on the inside and Luhan and Sehun on the outside.  It seemed like the place wasn't only famous for their pizzas, but also for their pastas and desserts.  A waitress came by around the time we decided what we wanted to order. 

While the waitress was taking my order, Luhan and Minhee fell into their own little world.  Luhan wrapped his arm around Minhee lovingly and began whispering to her.  The whispering caused Minhee to giggle happily and peck his cheek. 

Once I was finished ordering I could totally tell that the young waitress was trying to flirt with Sehun.  I knew I had no right to be angry about it, but I couldn't help it. 

"Oh, yeah, this one is really good.  I always get it," she said and pointed to the menu in Sehun's hands while she bent over and tried showing off her cleavage. 

I gritted my teeth, but said nothing.  She continued to make small chat with Sehun as he was making his final decisions on his meal. 

"Oh, you're from the city?" she asked. 

"Yeah, you can say that," Sehun replied. 

"I'm from the city, too.  Where do you live?" 

"Um, I'm just in the downtown area." 

"What school do you go to?" 

She continued with the questions and complimenting on whatever she could compliment him on.  His hair, his muscles, his hat, his clothes, his eyes, everything!  Sehun didn't seem too bothered with it, though his attitude also seemed like he didn't care.  He's a hard person to read, so I couldn't tell what he was really thinking. 

When she finally left, I felt relieved.  I didn't say a word about it to any of the three and tried to pretend that nothing happened. 

Our food came out fast and we ate right away.  After the pizza and pasta, we ordered dessert.  The waitress came and flirted with Sehun a bit more after the dessert was on our table.  I tried my best to ignore her by stuffing my mouth, but it didn't really work.  I heard every flirtatious joke and flattering words directed to Sehun. 

Once we left I was happy again.  We walked to the nearest mall and began wondering around the stores.  We ended up at my favorite store and stayed there for a bit. 

I went with Minhee to try on some clothes and had Sehun and Luhan wait outside.  Minhee decided that today was the day that she'd have me try something new as in wear more revealing clothing like crop tops, very short shorts, laced up tops that showed a bit of cleavage, and some skirts. 

"Come out!" Minhee told me. 

Shyly, I opened the door and walked peaked through the crack.  Luhan and Sehun were sitting on the little couch that faced the changing rooms and were talking with Minhee, who had already come out with a new outfit on. 

"Ooh!  Come here!" Minhee exclaimed and ran over to drag me out. 

I felt my cheeks starting to heat up and the room get hot.  I tried covering my stomach by pulling the shirt down, but Minhee swatted my hands away and fixed it for me. 

"This is so cute!  Right, Han-ah?" Minhee asked. 

"Yeah, it's even cuter than you, Minnie," Luhan commented. 

"Hey!"  She hit Luhan's arm and pouted, but then received a kiss.  "Anyways, what do you think Sehun?" 

I looked up and gazed at Sehun's face.  He changed his focus from Luhan and Minhee to me.  Then my heart started to beat fast and hard against my chest.  I waited for his response and began to fidget. 

"It's nice," he finally said. 

His response made me feel good, but for some reason I anticipated something a bit more.  I wasn't upset about it, though.  It was still a nice compliment- if it even was supposed to be a compliment. 

I made my way back into the changing room and put my original clothes on.  It took me a minute and when I was done and came out, I found Sehun talking to a worker.  They seemed really close because he actually smiled at her. 

My heart suddenly felt crushed.  I watched as the two laughed together and embraced happily.  I've never seen Sehun so close with others like this, besides with the eleven other guys he hangs out with constantly.  Never in the time that I've know Sehun did I ever see him that close with a girl. 

"Hina," Minhee sing-songed. 

"Wh-what?" I asked and looked at her. 

"Are you ready to go?  Did you decide which ones you wanted?" 

"Uh, yeah.  I'm good." 

We got in line and finished buying our clothing.  I walked out of the store first and stayed at the entrance.  Sehun was still talking to that one girl and Luhan went to go get him. 

It took Luhan almost 10 minutes to get him out of the store and to Minhee and me.  When the two guys came out of the store, we walked around a while more then went down to the food court. 

On our whole walk down there, I didn't speak to any of them nor did I make eye contact.  I felt kind of out of it.  Yesterday night I thought about Sehun and me.  I thought of the slightest chance of what we could be.  I know I've always denied liking him, but I guess a little crush formed overtime. 

As we sat together, we snacked on a couple of things we bought from the shops.  I didn't even bother to invite myself into their conversation.  I was too distracted on thinking and having an internal fight with myself. 

I told myself that I shouldn't be upset over it.  I might even be misunderstanding the situation.  Another part of me, though, kept telling me that they really were together and that I've been dreaming too much. 

"Hina...  Hina!" Minhee called. 

"Wh-what?" I asked. 

"Did you hear us?" 

"No... I'm sorry, what did you say?" 

"I asked what you wanted to do after this." 

I looked at all of them before answering.  "Um... I think I should head home." 

"What?  Why?  Why don't we go and karaoke?" 

"No, I-I'm good." 

"What are you planning to do at home?" Luhan asked. 

"Umm, study.  Plus... I'm not feeling too well," I answered. 

"What's wrong?  Are you okay?" Minhee asked worriedly. 

"It's nothing to worry about.  I'll be-" 

"Hi there," an unknown voice greeted. 

We all turned our heads and found that girl Sehun was talking to earlier in the store standing there.  She smiled and made her way over to our table. 

"Do you guys have room for another person?" she asked. 

"Yeah, just drag that chair over," Sehun said and invited her to sit with us. 

She sat down and introduced herself to us.  "I'm Yoon Seohyun.  Nice to meet you all." 

"How do you know Sehun?" Luhan asked. 

"Well, I'm his junior high sweetheart of course."  She looked at Sehun and giggled. 

Seohyun was pretty.  She was tall and had nice body proportions.  Her hair was beautiful and she was totally model-like.  Everything about her was stunning and I couldn't help but just feel jealous.  Compared to her, I was like a trash can. 

After she said that she was Sehun's "junior high sweetheart," I couldn't stand to be there any longer, especially since Sehun didn't deny it either.  I excused myself from the table and went to the bathroom.  Once I made it to the bathroom and locked myself in a stall, I wondered what I was even thinking.  How could I even be crushing on a guy like Sehun.  Maybe the students the other day were right- maybe Sehun really was just too good for me.  Oh, how foolish I could be. 

When I came back out, I sighed and reluctantly went to sit back in my seat, next to Sehun.  I was so confused, still, but I told myself to just go out and deal with it.  I was just being stupid. 

"Are you okay?  I heard from Luhan and Minhee that you aren't feeling well," Seohyun said in complete seriousness. 

"Yeah, I'm fine.  I just have a headache," I told her truthfully.  My head really was kind of hurting.  I didn't take any painkillers in the morning like I usually started doing since my concussion worsened. 

"Did you try drinking some water?" 

"Yeah.  Don't worry.  I'm fine."  I took in a breath and looked at the four that were staring at me.  I wanted to leave right then, but I felt that it'd be childish of me to do so. 

She hung around us for a while longer before she announced that she had to get back to work.  Seohyun said goodbye and then ran back up to her store that she worked at. 

"So... she's your junior high sweetheart?" Luhan asked after she left and winked. 

"No, she's not," Sehun replied simply. 

"Ouch," Luhan whined when Minhee elbowed him in the stomach. 

"Anyways, did you guys want to do anything else?  Watch a movie or something?" Minhee asked. 

"It doesn't matter," Sehun replied. 

"Hina?" 

"It's up to you guys," I said. 

"Okay well... I think I saw an arcade on the opposite side of the mall.  I heard that there's glow in the dark mini golfing there, too." 

 

 


Hi everyone!  In this chapter I wanted to kind of show a jealous Hina and show you more of who and what she really is and not just a introvert.  What do you guys think of Seohyun?  She's only Sehun's friend, but maybe something may become of them two in the future?  Haha, but yeah leave me your comments and I hope you enjoyed reading! 

 

~Angelflyer