Chapter 23: Principal's Office

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

The weekend passed by quickly and Monday came around once again.  I did my usual morning routine and then headed out to the bus stop. 

I got onto the bus as soon as it arrived and stood somewhat near the front so that I could greet Hina right away.  I had really enjoyed hanging out with her on Saturday and wanted to see her again. 

When we stopped at her bus stop, I took a peak outside and saw her walking over to get on to the bus.  She came up the steps and spotted me right away.  Slowly she walked over to me and stood in front of me. 

"Hi," she greeted. 

"Hey," I said. 

The bus lurched forward causing Hina, who wasn't holding onto the handle, to almost fall backwards.  I held my hand out for her to take and she grabbed it right away before all her balance was lost.  She looked at me with gratefulness and thanked me. 

"Thanks," she said. 

"No problem," I replied. 

She then held out my coat that she had taken from me last time.  I took it and threw it over my shoulder. 

I can't lie, but it was still kind of awkward between us, but I didn't mind it too much like before.  Things between us were starting to become closer and more comfortable.  I liked it, and I wanted to maybe even take it a little bit further in the future. 

"Hey, guys!" Luhan hyung shouted from a few feet away when Hina and I crossed the street. 

"Whoa, this is something different," Minhee commented. 

"What do you mean?" Hina asked. 

"I mean, it's so odd for you and Sehun to be together...  Did something happen between the two of you yesterday or something?" 

"Wha-  N-no!  Nothing happened," Hina replied while blushing. 

"I don't believe you," Luhan said. 

"Hyung," I snapped at him. 

"What?!?" 

I punched his arm and began walking away towards the school building.  Before I got out of hearing distance, I heard them calling my name and telling me to wait, but I just kept walking.  To be completely honest, I felt my palms start sweating and a wave of nervousness hit me.  Though we hadn't gotten together, like how Minhee was implying, I felt a tingle in my stomach when I heard her teasing us. 

When I made it to my classroom, I sat down in my seat and pulled my phone out.  Just as I clicked on my Instagram app, Minah, Hyeri, and Sojin surrounded my desk.  I put my phone down and looked up at the three girls. 

"Sehun," Minah started. 

"What?" I asked coldly, still angry about the last time. 

Minah jumped, surprised by my mean attitude.  "Why are you acting so rude?" 

"Me?  Rude?  If you're just going to come here and try to point out my flaws when obviously you haven't looked over yourself first then get out of my sight." 

She sighed.  "I wanted to talk to you about Hina." 

"Go on then." 

"We're sorry," Sojin spoke up. 

"Yeah," Hyeri added. 

"Why are you apologizing to me?" 

"Because-" 

"Shouldn't you guys be apologizing to Hina herself?  I mean, sure you pissed me off, but I'm sure you hurt her the most." 

The girls looked to each other before turning back to look at me.  "You're not going to accept our apology?  Afterall we did come to you personally," Sojin said. 

"Are you deaf?" I asked and glared at her. 

"We're trying to say sorry, but you're rejecting our apology," Hyeri said. 

I grumbled.  They really did not get the point in what I was trying to say and tell them.  But, I was actually kind of surprising myself.  Usually I never talked this much, but since they had me really angry and frustrated that day it's all coming out right now. 

"To answer your question, no, we're not deaf.  We heard you loud and clear," Minah finally replied. 

"Then why do you keep trying to push on something that's irrelevant to the problem?" 

"Fine...  Then let me ask you, why do we have to go and apologize to that anyways?" 

My hands curled into a fist, but a kept a calm face.  "She's not a ," I stated. 

"Yes, she is, I've seen her with you and all of the other guys at your table," Sojin said. 

"You know nothing." 

"Wait a minute," Hyeri said.  "You and her are ing aren't you two?  That's why your so protective of her." 

I stood up.  That was the last of it.  "Shut the hell up.  You guys know nothing." 

"It's true then.  You're not denying it," Hyeri continued. 

I rolled my eyes.  I was about to burst.  "Don't give me this right now.  If you guys just want to talk gossip and rumors, get the out of my face." 

By now the whole class, who were in the room already, were staring at us.  Even some other students peaked in through the door to see what was going on. 

What they were saying about Hina was nonsense.  They just wanted to cause trouble.  They really were just annoying little es that only think that their opinions matter. 

"Whoa there, tiger.  Why are you so mad now?" Sojin asked. 

I stayed silent.  They just wanted to see me get even more angry and I was going to allow them to do so. 

"You know, if you really aren't ing with that Hina girl, why don't you kiss Minah," Hyeri said. 

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked. 

"To prove to us that you're not with that ," Sojin simply answered. 

"She's not a .  If anyone's the here it'd be-" 

"What is going on here?  What is with all of the profanity?" our homeroom teacher asked while coming into the room and staring the four of us down. 

Just then Jongin and Tao came through the door too. 

"I want you four down in the principal's office right this instant," the teacher said. 

I just sighed and picked my backpack up, knowing that I'd probably be spending the rest of the day down there.  As I walked towards the door, Tao caught my arm and asked what happened.  I muttered that I'd tell them later and escaped his grip. 

When I made it down the the principal's office, I sat down in the seat in front of his desk and waited for the other three to come in and sit across from me.  It wasn't my first time in there and probably not my last. 

As soon as our homeroom teacher came down to explain what she had heard, she left the rest to the principal to decide.  He gave us all a long lecture then detention slips for the next two days.  Then he dismissed the three girls, but held me back. 

"Sehun, I thought Luhan helped you work things out," he said. 

"Things are fine, it's just that they got all up in my face," I told him. 

The principal of our school was Luhan's grandfather.  There was another principal, but usually she was going from class to class to observe the students and teachers. 

Once we found out that my uncle and Luhan's aunt were going to marry and I ended up going to meet Luhan's family, he let me call him grandpa as well since Luhan and I were more like brothers than cousins.  At first I was uncomfortable, but I slowly but surely eased into it.  No one at the school knew that he was my "grandfather" through a marriage, but it didn't bother either of us. 

He sighed.  "Alright, but you still have two detentions.  I can't lessen the punishment this time or else I'll really get in trouble." 

"It's alright.  It's not like I have anything important to do or have anyone that I need to get home to anyways," I replied. 

"Sehun-ah, don't say that," he said in Chinese.  "I know it's hard for you, but you can always come to me or Luhan." 

"I know." 

Then his phone began to ring.  He put one finger up as to give him a minute to answer it before he let me leave.  After a second a smile grew onto his face and he began to speak in Chinese.  When he hung up he looked up to me. 

"Why don't you just leave early today?  Your uncle and aunt are finally here," he said. 

"It's okay.  I'll go greet him after school with Luhan," I told him. 

"Okay then, but if you're going to stick around until the end of the day I don't want to hear about you getting into trouble anymore." 

"Alright, don't worry." 

He smiled and dismissed me. 

 

 


Hey guys!  Sorry it's been FOREVER since I last updated.... I feel so bad for you guys... I've been a bit busy lately and suffering from writer's block :(  But anyways, tell me how you guys feel about Sehun and Hina?  I actually had the next chapter partially written out already, but I didn't get a chance to save it before my internet crashed.... I guess it gives me a clean slate to begin writing again, though :) 

 

~Angelflyer