Chapter 10: Concussion

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

They gave me a more in depth check up and examination when they separated Sehun and me.  When they were finally done, they made me wait in the waiting room.  I was surprised when I already saw Sehun sitting there on his phone.  He looked up at me when I entered the room and put his phone down. 

"Th-they told me to wait here," I told him.  He just simply nodded and was about to pick up his phone again before I spoke up nervously again.  "Are you... okay?  It's not infected, right?" 

"I'm fine," he replied. 

Carefully I sat in the chair across from him and took my phone out.  It was six already, and my phone had so many missed calls from both my parents and Minhee.  Just as I was looking at it, it began to ring. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Ah, oh my... I thought you would never answer," I heard my mother say with worry. 

"I'm fine." 

"Where are you now, sweetie?" 

"At the hospital.  It was icy and the bus tipped over," I explained. 

"Okay, we'll be there as soon as possible.  Sit tight." 

"Alright." 

When I hung up, I saw Sehun staring straight at me.  Suddenly I felt my mouth go dry.  Nervously, I put my phone back into my backpack and stumbled to get up. 

"I-I'm going to get something to drink," I announced and walked towards the door.  Just before I walked out of the room, I remembered that I had to use money for the vending machine, so I ran back to my backpack on the seat.  I grabbed my wallet and walked up to the door before I turned to look back again.  "You know... you don't have to wait here anymore.  My parents are coming.  Plus, it's getting late.  Aren't your parents worried about you?" 

He looked up at me with his cold gaze and just shrugged.  I didn't waste another second in there and just exited the room. 

When I got back, I found Sehun picking at his bandage on his arm.  I cleared my throat and then he looked up.  I avoided eye contact and quickly sat down in my seat while putting my wallet away into my backpack.  Then I decided to open my drink. 

As if I wasn't nervous enough, the drink decided to burst right in my lap.  I froze and felt Sehun staring at me.  After a moment of registering what had happened in my mind, I reached over for napkins. 

I was wiping my skirt and tights, then I saw another hand come into view.  I stopped dabbing on myself and followed the arm up to his face.  He stared down at me and held out some more napkins. 

"Th-thanks," I mumbled and took them from him. 

He wiped down the bottle for me and placed it on the table beside me.  Then he took the used napkins, that I placed beside me, and threw them away in the garbage can by the door.  I watched as he got up and came back to sit in front of me again. 

I was just about to mutter another thanks, but then my parents came through the door. 

"Oh, sweetie!" my mom exclaimed.  She ran over to me and put her hands on my shoulders while scanning me. 

"Are you okay?" my dad asked, worried. 

"I'm fine," I replied. 

"Kim family," the nurse called out.  We all turned our attention over to her.  "Hi, you must be Hina's parents."  They nodded.  "Well, there's not anything big to worry about.  Hina has a concussion, but it looks like she's had a minor concussion before this accident." 

Both my parents looked at me, but I just shrugged my shoulders.  When the nurse announced that, I got lost for a second.  Then it hit me.  I remembered that one night when I was hit in the head by something hard by that one guy dressed in all black.  Though, I remembered what had happened, I decided that I didn't want to worry my parents anymore and just stayed quiet. 

While the nurse and my parents talked, I turned back and noticed that Sehun had his coat and backpack on and looked about ready to go.  I took the chance and slipped away from the three and went over to Sehun. 

"Are you leaving now?" I asked.  He nodded his head.  "They're allowing you to leave already?"  Again he nodded his head.  "Oh...  You're parents aren't here, though."  He just stared at me this time.  It was the same stare that I had gotten earlier when I asked about his parents.  I then realized that it wasn't a good topic to speak about with him.  "S-sorry," I apologized and slightly bowed to him. 

I looked up and saw his stare soften.  Then he gave me a reassuring look and picked up his phone before slipping his way through the doorway and out into the halls of the hospital.  I continued to stand there in the place he left me in.  My heart was beating hard and fast against my chest and I just could not forget the look that he had just given me. 

What knocked me back into reality, though, was my parents calling my name.  I turned to look at them and realized that the nurse had gone already.  "Let's go," they said.  I nodded and grabbed my stuff before following my parents out of the hospital. 

When we got home, my mom made me get into bed right away.  Then my dad brought up some dinner for me.  Then they told me to sleep and relax. 

The next morning, I was about to get up to my alarm and get ready for school, but then my mom came knocking on my door.  She had a tray of food and sat on the side of my bed. 

"Hi, sweetie," she greeted me.  "Did you sleep well?"  I nodded and sat up.  "Okay, well your father just left for work.  I have to go soon, too, but I just called your school and told them that you're staying home.  I just want you to relax all day and don't do anything that requires you to be active, please?  Stay in bed.  I'll be back around dinner time." 

"But-" I tried talking. 

"No 'buts' or anything.  You're staying home." 

"Mom-" 

"I have to go now.  I'll see you later." 

Then she was gone.  I looked over to the tray and smiled.  It was my mom's famous pancakes that I absolutely loved.  I dug in right away and then went down to the kitchen to put the tray and plate into the sink.  Then I listened to my mom and came back up to my bed and caught up with some sleep. 

 

 


Hia!  I see that you guys really like Sehun's character in here, hahah.  I do too!  XD  His character in here is actually quite different to how I usually write my characters, so this was a different kind of change and I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.  But yeah, thanks for reading, see you in the next chapter!  :) 

 

~Angelflyer