Chapter 31: Talking

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV 

As I waited for the bus, I got nervous.  Yesterday I was picked up by Luhan and Minhee, but since they woke up late today they said that they wouldn't be able to pick me up without letting us all be late.  And because there was no other way than to take the bus, there was no doubt I would encounter Sehun. 

When the bus stopped in front of me, I got on and hoped things wouldn't be too awkward.  Sehun was holding onto the bus handle and looking down at his phone.  Usually he would look up at this time and wait for me to walk over to him, but this time he seemed too distracted on his phone.  I was somewhat disappointed that he didn't greet me.  I know I wanted to pretend that my crush on him never happened, but that didn't mean I didn't want to be friends. 

I stood in front of him and turned so that my side was facing him.  I cleared my throat and decided to speak up first.  "Hi," I said and looked at him. 

His thumb paused for a moment before pressing down and then he lifted his head up.  For a second I saw something more than just his normal blank expressioned face.  It was sadness mixed in with a little bit of anger, but the sadness was more dominant. 

"Hey," he said shortly and looked back down to his phone. 

I pressed my lips into a line and let out a breath.  This seemed harder than trying to confess my feelings to him.  As the bus drove and stopped and drove and stopped, I thought of what I should say to him.  It really was difficult.  I had no idea what to say or to bring up.  It was just as awkward when we first met. 

Then I thought about Monday after school and decided that I should at least give him some sort of excuse so that he wouldn't feel like I stood him up. 

"Sehun," I said. 

He looked up from his phone again and waited for me to continue. 

"I-I'm sorry about Monday...  I had to help out my teacher and it became too late to meet you." 

"It's okay.  Actually, you would've gotten too cold out there." 

"Did you wait for a long time?" 

"Uh, it's fine." 

"You did wait for a long time, didn't you?  I'm so sorry.  You didn't catch a cold, did you?" 

"No, I'm okay." 

"Oh...  Well, at least you didn't get sick." 

He nodded.  Then it was our turn to get off.  We got off together and walked over to the school side by side.  I felt slightly better that things were going smoother than when I first got into the bus. 

Minhee and Luhan weren't waiting at the gate as usual, so I guessed that they were still making their way here.  I wanted to wait out there for them, but I started to get cold so I made my way inside right after Sehun. 

On my way to my classroom, someone called for me.  I turned around and found Jongin leaning up against the wall and smiling at me.  He waved for me to come over to him.  For a moment I was stuck in that one place for what seemed like a long time, but then my feet moved on their own and I was standing in front of him in no time. 

"Hi," I said and returned the smile. 

"What's up?" he asked.  He had his hands stuffed in his front packets and his hair was just perfect.  It was like I was staring at some hot model the way he was standing. 

"Uh, nothing," I replied.  I was stuck in that little trance.  He was just so good looking. 

"Jongin-  Oh, hey, Hina," Tao greeted as he made his way from a different hallway to us. 

"What?" Jongin answered before I got a chance to say hello. 

"Have you seen Sehun?" 

"No, haven't seen him yet." 

"He should be here somewhere.  I was on the bus with him," I told Tao. 

"Thanks, Hina."  He smiled and ruffled my hair before running off. 

I fixed my hair and tried to make it look like how I did it this morning, then another hand landed on my head and helped.  Jongin looked concentrated while trying to help me, but seemed so cute. 

"Thank you," I thanked him when he pulled his hand away. 

"No problem.  Should I walk you to your classroom?" 

"No, it's okay.  I don't want you to be late for class." 

"It's fine." 

"Jongin," I said and unintentionally pouted. 

He just chuckled and said, "Okay, fine.  I'll see you later." 

"Alright.  Bye." 

Then I began walking back to my classroom while he walked to his own classroom as well. 

 

Sehun's POV

I was sitting at my desk with my head down.  The anger within me rose even higher after what I saw just a couple minutes earlier.  I was still upset about yesterday, but was okay after Hina talked with me on the bus, and then my mood crashed again when I saw how close Jongin and Hina were. 

Someone shook my shoulder, then I heard the person sit down in the seat next to mine.  I knew then that it was Jongin.  I didn't want to go off on him, so I kept my head down and stilled. 

"I know you're awake," Jongin said.  Still I kept my head down.  "Why are you ignoring me?"  He poked my side.  "Sehun, answer me," he whined.  "I know you can hear me."  He continued to push on and bother me until I couldn't stand it anymore. 

"What do you want, Jongin?" I asked, annoyed. 

"I was going to say hi, but from your attitude I don't think you deserve one." 

"I'm sorry," I apologized half-heartedly. 

"What's wrong?  Something's up." 

"Nothing." 

"Is it Hina?" 

"No." 

"Yes it is." 

"No." 

"Don't deny it.  Just tell me." 

"Jongin-" 

"Do you want advice?" 

"No." 

"Come on, I know you're having trouble with Hina.  Just talk to her." 

"Jongin-" 

"No, just listen to me this one time.  Just talk to her.  It's obvious you guys have feelings for each other even if you two are the only blind ones.  If I were you, I'd just go talk things through with her.  Tell her what you feel." 

"Great, thanks, but I just don't know what I feel."  I know the sarcasm in my comment was really harsh, but I knew Jongin would understand. 

"Well figure it out and once you know, tell her straight up." 

I sighed and put my head back down.  Then Tao came running in and sat in his seat.  He turned and passed me some papers.  "Thanks, for the answers," he thanked me quietly and brought out his books for our first period. 

"You let Zitao copy off your homework, but not me?!?" Jongin asked in disbelief. 

"I had to keep him from spilling a little secret," I replied. 

"What secret?" 

Then the bell rang. 

"Tell me!" Jongin said and punched my arm. 

"Class is about to start," I told him and then our teacher came in. 

 

 


Hey guys!  What do you think Tao and Sehun's littel secret was?  I know you guys are all happy about the Sehun getting jealous, too, but just remember that it was an incident that he could not prevent with the personality like Seohyun's.  So was Hina's encounter with Jongin.  The jealousy of each other was not intentional.  I don't mind if you guys are cheering on whoever, I just wanted you guys to realize that because I was trying to show that off from the beginning, but sometimes I'm just not too good with expressing things through a story :P  But anyways, keep commenting!  I love how a lot of you guys were excited for this chapter, but honestly, nothing interesting happened hahah XD

 

~Angelflyer