Chapter 30: More Jealousy

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

Earlier I asked Minhee for Sehun's phone number so that I could text him to meet me in the school's garden.  It gave us more privacy back there, plus if he rejected me I wouldn't be embarrassed in front of basically the whole school. 

I kind of stalled for a little bit before going down to meet Sehun, but eventually I began making my way down there.  The closer I got to the school garden, the more nervous I felt.  My palms were sweating and my knees were shaking. 

Finally, I made it outside, but when I turned the corner to go into the garden I found something that I didn't expect to see at all.  Suddenly I gasped and I spun back around the corner so that I wouldn't be seen. 

I was so shocked to see Seohyun and Sehun's lips pressed up against each others.  She wrapped her arm around his neck and pulled him in closer.  I didn't get a good look at Sehun's facial expression because of the certain angle I was at, but even still my feelings were hurt. 

I couldn't be mad at anyone.  To be honest I was more upset at myself for believing and dreaming so much.  Maybe if I wasn't stuck in my fantasy world, I wouldn't have fallen for Sehun right away.  My heart wouldn't feel so broken and lost. 

Instead of staying, I decided to just go home.  I went and waited at the bus stop.  I kept looking back at the school and hoping that Sehun wouldn't come.  Lucky for me, he seemed too busy with Seohyun to even come out of the school. 

When I got home, I went up to my room right away.  I dropped my bag to the floor and flopped face down on my bed.  My feelings were all over the place and I didn't know what to do.  For the moment I gave up on anything and everything. 

Then my phone rang.  I turned my head to the side and brought my phone up so that I could see who it was that was calling me.  The caller ID read Sehun's name.  I sighed and declined the call.  He tried calling another two times, but just like the first, I declined them. 

My phone rang again and I almost automatically declined it, but I realized that it was Minhee calling and not Sehun.  I picked up, but wasn't too excited. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Hey, what's up?  How did it go?" she asked. 

"Let's just say I'm not in the mood to talk about it." 

"Wait-  What happened?  Hold on...  Luhan, drop me off at Minhee's house." 

"Minhee, you don't have to-" 

"We'll be there in less than five minutes." 

"But-" 

"Okay, see you soon." 

"Minhee-"  I heard the phone click and that was the end of our conversation.  I sighed and pushed myself up.  Before going downstairs, I changed into more comfortable clothes. 

Just as I got off the last stair, the door bell rang.  I went over to the front door and opened it and in came the one and only couple.  Minhee grabbed me as soon as she saw me and bombarded me with questions. 

We went to sit in the living room as soon as she calmed down.  Luhan sat on the floor with all his notebooks, folders, and school books scattered on the ground and coffee table, while Minhee and I sat on the couch facing each other. 

I had my legs up to my chest while Minhee sat with her legs crossed and leaning her whole body on the back of the couch.  Minhee stared at me, waiting for me to begin telling her about what happened. 

"Well," I began, "I didn't go meet him after school today." 

"Why not?" Minhee asked. 

"I went down there, but stopped and came home." 

"Why?  What happened?  Don't tell me you got too scared!" 

"No...  Um actually I found him with a different girl." 

"Who was it?" 

"Seohyun." 

"Why was she there?" 

"I don't know, but she beat me to him before I could get down there.  Then... I found them together." 

There was a pause in our conversation for a moment.  Minhee kept staring at me and I knew something was on her mind. 

"You're not telling me something...  Spill it," she demanded. 

"U-Uhhh... They were... kissing when I saw them," I said. 

"Oh my god!  I'm going to go beat the crap out of him now.  Luhan!" 

"What?!" Luhan jumped from Minhee's sudden scream. 

"Where the hell is your cousin?" 

"Huh?  Why do you want to know where Sehun is?" 

"Han, you better tell me where your stupid- of a cousin is now or else you won't be talking with me for a month." 

He pouted for a second. 

"You are stalling, mister," Minhee said. 

"Okay, okay.  I don't know where he is.  He should be at home right now." 

"That's all I need-" 

"No!" I exclaimed.  I grabbed onto her arm before she could get up and begged.  "Please, don't.  I don't want him to know.  Please don't tell him or do anything to him." 

"Wait, what's going on?" Luhan asked, completely clueless. 

"You're freaking cousin is mmmphhh-" Minhee tried to explain, before I covered . 

"Nothing," I quickly said. 

"You like Sehun, right?" 

"H-How do you know?" 

Minhee said something into my hand, but because I was still covering I didn't understand.  I let go of her and asked her to repeat that. 

"I said, I had nothing to do with him knowing," she told me. 

"Yeah, I kind of found out for myself.  I mean, when you kept denying it, I started suspecting." 

I sighed.  "Was it really that obvious?" 

"If you ask me- yeah.  So anyways, tell me.  What's going on?" 

"Sehun likes playing with my best friend's heart." 

"What did he do?" 

I looked at Minhee and she nodded.  She took the initiative to explain the whole story again to her boyfriend.  And when she was finally done telling him, he looked at me in disbelief. 

"Are you sure it was Sehun?" Luhan asked. 

"Yeah, I could tell it was him," I said. 

"Did you want me to talk to him?" 

"No," I answered immediately.  "No... I don't want him to know anything.  If he asks where I was, tell him that I had things to do with a teacher or something." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah.  I don't want him to know at all.  Just pretened that nothing happened." 

Minhee looked at me and put her hand on my shoulder, comfortingly.  Luhan got up from the floor and sat next to us. 

We walked away from that subject and started to talk about something else.  For that night, it was like before when all this drama didn't exist. 

The next day came and went by like nothing.  It was the end of school already by the time I noticed.  I was packing up and organizing my stuff before my homeroom teacher called me and asked if I could come down to the teacher's lounge. 

I quickly gathered my things and walked out of the classroom, ignoring the looks Luhan and Minhee gave me.  When I got down there, I found my Math, History, and Chemistry teacher waiting for me. 

"Yes?" I asked. 

"We wanted to talk to you about your tests today," my math teacher said. 

"Oh.  How were they?" 

"Well," my History teacher began, "you're history exam wasn't that good like usual.  You got a D-." 

"As for your Chemistry test, you received a D," my Chemistry teacher told me. 

"Same as your Math test," my math teacher added. 

I couldn't think of anything to say.  I was beyond shocked.  I've never gotten a grade lower than a B before. 

"Are you doing okay at home?  Is there anything bothering you?" my homeroom teacher asked. 

"No, everything is fine.  I just wasn't focused today." 

"Okay, well we just thought it wasn't like you to get such a low grade like this.  It was odd and out of no where as well." 

"I'm sorry.  I will do better next time." 

"Okay.  We'll give you another chance this Friday.  Please come to the teachers' lounge after school.  I can give you the tests then and you can take it that afternoon." 

"Alright.  Thank you all." 

They dismissed me and I walked out of the room.  Just as I closed the door behind me, I bumped into Jongin.  He looked like he was just walking by. 

"Oh, hey, Hina," he greeted. 

"Hi," I said and fixed my backpack on my shoulder. 

"What's up?" 

"Uh, nothing."  I rubbed my arm and looked up to him. 

"Is something wrong?" 

"N-No.  Why?" 

"Something's troubling you, isn't there?" 

"N-No." 

"Tell me.  I promise I won't tell anyone." 

"It's nothing." 

"Come on.  I can tell it's boy trouble.  I have sisters and I always listen to their problems." 

"It's really okay, Kai." 

"Just call me Jongin." 

"Okay.  Well, it's nothing, Jongin." 

"It's Sehun isn't it?" 

"Wh-what?  How-" 

"It's so obvious that the two of you are in love." 

"No, it's not like that.  Love... is a strong word." 

"Well, then have a very large crush on one another." 

"He doesn't.  I may have one on him, but..." 

"I don't think I should tell you this, but Sehun is head over heels for you.  He really doesn't admit it to us, but I can totally tell." 

"Are you sure?  I mean..." 

"Hmm?  Did something happen between you two?" 

"Uhhh.... no, nothing." 

"Don't be afraid to tell me.  I won't say a word to anyone." 

"He... kissed a different girl." 

"No way." 

"I know it was him, I could tell.  That's why I don't think he's really heads over heels for me." 

"Ahh... Should I talk to him?" 

"No.  It's okay.  Just leave it be, please.  Things are just complicated, I don't want things to get even more complicated.  Please don't say anything." 

"Alright, Hina.  Don't worry.  Do you want to let it out?  I'm here." 

I sighed and looked at him.  He had a serious expression on and there was an aura about him that made me feel like I could trust him.  So I gave in. 

As I let out all my feelings about Sehun and the confusion and everything else, I felt slightly relieved.  And in the process of letting everything out, Jongin comfortingly wrapped his arms around me.  His hug made me feel relaxed. 

"Feeling better?" he asked when he loosed his arms around me. 

"Yeah.  Thank you, Jongin." 

"No problem."  He let go of me and stood arm distance away.  "If you ever need to talk, you can come to me.  I know I may not seem like the type, but I understand.  If I can't give advice, at least I can listen.  Trust me, living with two older sisters for all my life, I know how to listen well." 

"Thank you again.  I really appreciate it." 

"I'll see you later." 

"Alright, bye." 

 

Sehun's POV 

I finished putting my books into my backpack and was about to head out, but then Seohyun caught me.  She grabbed onto my arm as I was coming out of the classroom.  I was about to just go, but then she said that she wanted to apologize for yesterday. 

"I'm sorry," Seohyun apologized.  "I was really dumb yesterday.  You know I've liked you for a long time.  It's just... the free opportunity got to me." 

"It's okay.  Just don't pull that one again on me," I said. 

"Deal, just don't forget that I'm still your friend." 

"Alright." 

"I got to go now.  I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Okay, see you." 

After saying goodbye to her, I went down the flight of stairs and walked towards the exit.  Just as I was doing so, I saw Jongin hug Hina.  He was hugging her so warmly and suddenly I felt something go off inside me.  It felt even worse than not seeing Hina yesterday. 

Speaking of Hina, I still needed to ask Luhan or someone where she was.  I was left standing in the cold for an hour before I decided that she wasn't going to come and went home.  Honestly I was looking forward to what she had to say, and since she didn't come I've been more curious than when she first told me that she wanted to talk to me. 

They parted and exchanged a couple of words before leaving in different directions.  The way she smiled at him made me feel even more angry.  Other than just angry, I felt confused.  I didn't know how to feel about Hina. 

I always like being around Hina, but at a time like that I didn't... I felt too upset to be with her.  I couldn't describe the feeling I was feeling, but it was just the sight of the two that made me feel that way.  At the same time, I kind of wanted to go over there and pull them apart and push Jongin away. 

I sighed and walked out of the school building.  Luhan and Minhee were standing at the gate and chatting like usual, so I walked over to them. 

"Hey," I said as I approached them. 

"Hmph," Minhee scoffed and looked away.  Then she spotted Jahee and ran over to her. 

"What's wrong with her?" 

"Uh, nothing...  She's just been moody," Luhan replied. 

I nodded.  "So, what's up?" 

"Nothing much.  You?" 

"Well, aunty and uncle asked if I wanted to move in with them." 

"Really?  What did you say?" 

"I told them that I'd get back to them.  I don't want to burden them.  Plus, I applied at this one store and they seem interested in me.  So I'll begin to pay for my bills and rent and whatever else." 

"That's great, Sehun-ah.  But did you at least consider moving in with them?  It'll get those worries and stress wiped off your back." 

"I know, but I think I like it better and would feel better if I was living in my own apartment.  Just like I said when you asked if I wanted to live with you and your family." 

"Alright.  When are you going to tell them?" 

"I'll call uncle tonight." 

"Okay.  And hey, good luck on that job."  He tapped underneath my chin and smiled. 

"Thanks, hyung." 

 

 



Hi everyone!  Those of you who guessed that Hina would find out was right!  She found out.  What do you guys think?  Do you think what she's doing is okay?  Just pretending that her feelings and seeing what she saw really didn't happen.  What would you guys really do, I'm curious!  Anyways, now Sehun is jealous because he saw Hina hugging Jongin!  Do you guys think it's karma?  Well, no... because Seohyun was the one who forced him remember?  Well anyways, keep commenting away :) 

 

~Angelflyer