Chapter 15: Pool Time

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

Mr. Wong talked about how to play the game for a bit and while he did that, I looked over to Hina and noticed that she wasn't paying attention.  She looked worried, actually.  When I had talked to her earlier she told me that she didn't want to play the game.  I started to wonder why because she did great the last two games. 

Finally when Mr. Wong was done explaining the game to us and left to get more towels for the end of class, we began to get ready for the first round.  Both Hina and I turned to each other simultaneously and stared at one another in silence.  

"Come this way," I told her.  She nodded her head and walked to the pool side with me.  "Get up here."  I patted the tiles. 

Hina did exactly what I had asked and crawled up to the tiles.  I patiently waited for her and watched as she got up and kneeled down beside me. 

"Okay," I said and turned around so that my back was facing her.  "Now get on." 

"Hmm?  R-Right now?" she asked in a quite voice. 

I turned my head and nodded to her.  The other girls were already on the guys' shoulders and everyone was just waiting for us.  I motioned for her again to get on my shoulders, but she stayed put in her place. 

As she took longer to get on my shoulders, because she was so hesitant, the others started to get frustrated.  I kept trying to tell her to get on so that we could start because I knew how snappy they could get when things get too slow for their liking. 

"C'mon, just get on Sehun's shoulders already," some girl whined. 

"Yeah, hurry up," a guy said. 

"Hey, if you're not getting on his shoulders we can always trade places," a girl in the back said and stared at me in a flirtatious way. 

"Could you not take forever?" someone else yelled out. 

I turned to look up at Hina and noticed how red her ears and cheeks were.  She looked nervous and embarrassed while everyone was yelling out random stuff to her.  I tapped her thigh softly and continued to encourage her to get on.  I really didn't want my classmates to be saying such nonsense to and about Hina any longer. 

"Hina," I said.  Slowly she looked down at me and bit her bottom lip.  She looked so fagile and sad that I almost turned back to the others and lashed out at them. 

Just before I turned back to the other students, we heard the others, who had lost in the two previous games, finally come join us.  Jongin, Tao, and their partners jumped right in and greeted everyone happily. 

Even after the others joining us, some people still decided to pick on Hina.  I looked up to her again and noticed her hands curling into a fist on her legs until her knuckles turned white.  I could feel that she was uncomfortable sitting there while still having words thrown at her. 

"Hey, hey, hey," Jongin said to stop the commotion. 

"What's up with you people?" Tao asked everyone. 

"Nothing," people muttered. 

Though I was looking at their backs, I knew they had stern looks or were glaring at everyone.  Truthfully I knew we could either be scary to others or be like any other cool guy that just wants to have fun. 

"What's going on here?" Mr. Wong's voice boomed making us all look in his direction. 

No one said a thing and just stayed silent.  Mr. Wong placed the extra towels down on the bench and stood at the pool side, towering over all of us. 

"I see that you guys have finally joined us," he said, speaking to the late comers.  "Okay, now that we have everyone, we can begin the game." 

I looked at Hina and placed my hand on hers, snapping her out of her own little world and relax her hands.  She looked back at me with nervousness and reluctantly climbed onto my shoulders unsteadily. 

When she had got onto my shoulders, I felt her shaking.  I couldn't tell if she was scared, cold, or just really that nervous.  But I didn't have time to worry about that because as soon as we walked towards the middle where everyone else were the game started. 

Sadly we didn't even make it to the final round, but I was fine with that.  We, with the rest of the losers, sat on the pool side. 

"W-Was I heavy?" I heard Hina ask. 

I turned my head and looked at her.  She wasn't making eye contact with me, instead she kept her gaze to the waves of the water.  "No," I told her. 

"I-It's okay...  I kn-know I'm a bit-" 

"I'm telling the truth," I said firmly. 

There was a moment of silence before she switched subjects.  "I'm sorry," she barely whispered. 

"For what?"  I had no idea what she would be apologizing for, so I was kind of lost. 

"For being stubborn and difficult earlier..." 

She was probably talking about not wanting to get on my shoulders at the beginning.  "Don't mind my classmates.  They can be such s." 

"O-Oh."  I watched her expression slowly change to emotionless.  I wondered what she was thinking.  Then she fixed her posture and spoke up again.  "Wh-Why are you talking to me?" 

I was kind of taken aback by her question, but then I really thought about it.  She wasn't asking coldly, nor was it sad-like.  It was just a mere question and yet I was struggling to find words to answer her. 

"Hey, Sehun, Hina," I heard Luhan call from behind us. 

We both twisted our bodies to see Luhan and Minhee coming from the door.  Minhee had a small bag of ice gently resting in her hands and leaning against her left eye that had been hit during our last game.  Luhan had his arm around her waist protectively and waved to us. 

"Are you okay?" Hina asked, clearly worried about her friend. 

"Yeah, I'm fine now.  It doesn't hurt, but it's still red," Minhee replied stopping in front of us. 

"That's good...  I'm sorry that I didn't give you a warning." 

I looked at Hina and saw the hint of sadness in her expression.  She apologized a lot, and for nothing at all really.  She really was a nice and innocent girl that stutters.  A slight smile curled onto my face, but I quickly wiped it away before anyone saw. 

"No, don't apologize.  It was my fault for not paying attention," Minhee said, reassuring Hina that everything was fine. 

After swimming around for another ten minutes, we all went inside the locker rooms to change.  I was the first person to change and get out of the locker room.  Then I wandered back into the gym to wait for the bell to ring. 

When I walked into the big gym, I was greeted by Luhan and Luhan only.  I looked around for Minhee but didn't see her anywhere. 

"Where's Minhee?" I asked as I neared him. 

"Oh, she's in the locker room," Luhan replied and put his phone back into his pocket. 

I nodded and let a minute pass by before casually changing our topic to Hina.  "You know, Hina stutters and apologizes a lot." 

Luhan looked at me and chuckled.  "You just realized that now?" 

"Huh?" I asked. 

"Hina's always been that way ever since I met her, but when I really got to know her she became a little more talkative.  Not like Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Jongdae status, but maybe like Kyungsoo." 

I laughed at his comparisons. 

"But yeah, she's a nice girl.  I feel like she's one other girl besides Minhee that I need to protect.  Like be a big brother to her, you know?" 

"Oh." 

"So what made you suddenly bring her up, huh?" 

I looked at Luhan and saw him raise his eyebrow at me.  "I don't know," I answered honestly.  "I was just curious." 

"Uh-hah..."  He gave me a slightly unsatisfied look before nodding.  Then others started to join us. 

 

 


Hey!  Here is another chapter for you guys!  I hope you like it!  A little drama up in the beginning so I hope that was fine with you all :) Hahah  Anyways, how are you all?  Oh, and thank you to those who have commented, you guys make my day!  I love them all!  Thank you so much!  :D

 

~Angelflyer