Chapter 24: Him

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

After school, I ran over to Luhan's class.  I waited for all of the students to come out before peaking in and finding just the three of them hanging out.  Quietly I made my way in and stood beside Luhan and Hina. 

"Hey, Sehun-ah," Luhan greeted.  "Did you get the text?" 

"Yeah, you want to head out?" I asked. 

"Sure," he replied.  Then he turned to Minhee, "I'm going to get going, bao bei." 

"Alright, I'll see you, Han." 

He kissed the top of Minhee's head and said goodbye to Hina before dragging me along.  We left the campus and went to meet our aunt and uncle down at a restaurant. 

 

Your POV

"Where are they going?" I asked Minhee. 

"To meet relatives or something, but Luhan didn't give me too much info," Minhee replied.  "Anyways, you want to go out today?" 

"Where to?" 

"Let's go shopping." 

"Alright." 

From school, we went straight to the shopping district.  We walked around and shopped for a good three hours.  Then we decided to head over to a cafe to get something to drink and warm up from the cold. 

Once we were inside, Minhee told me to sit there and watch the bags while she went to order our drinks for us.  While she was in line and I was sitting there on my phone, I looked up and spotted that one guy that tried causing trouble on the bus. 

I was surprised to see him.  It's been almost two weeks since we last saw any sign of him and now I was kind of scared.  Luckily he didn't seem to see me at all. 

I held my breath, as if that would somehow help me in some way, and casually looked away, so that if he did look my direction he wouldn't notice me.  Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder and I jumped in surprise. 

"Whoa, why are you so jumpy?" Minhee asked as she slid into the seat in front of me and placed my cup of hot chocolate down. 

"Do you remember the creepy guy from my bus?" I spoke very quietly. 

"Yeah, what about him?" 

"He's right over there."  I secretly pointed at him. 

She made an "o" shape with and looked at me.  "What do we do?" 

"Well, we need to get out of here." 

"Easy enough..." 

"Wait, he just finished ordering- turn your head." 

We both looked out the window as he finished ordering and turned around. 

"How are we going to get out of here without getting noticed?" Minhee asked. 

"We'll have to go one by one." 

"You should go first, and I'll meet you outside." 

I nodded.  "I need to use the restroom first." 

I got up and moved through the crowd as careful as I could without being seen by the guy and made it to the bathroom.  I stopped at the sink and mirror and looked at my reflection.  My heart was beating so hard and I felt my palms starting to sweat.  A whole bunch of "what ifs" were running through my head and I tried to think straight.  Whenever I encountered this guy, Sehun was always with me, but since Sehun isn't here, who knows what would happen to me and Minhee if he takes advantage of us. 

Once I was okay and pulled myself together, I exited the bathroom.  Just as the door closed behind me I bumped into someone.  I apologized and was about to walk around the person until they grabbed my arm. 

"Hi there, long time no see," the person said. 

Chills ran down my spine and I was freaking out inside.  It's him.  It's the guy.  How could I be so stupid to not even look up and see who I bumped in to.  My first instinct was to try and shake him off then escape, but he actually wasn't as weak as he looked like. 

"Let go," I told him. 

He snickered and began dragging me towards the emergency exit. 

"Let go!" I exclaimed, but then he clasped his hand over my mouth. 

Minhee came running into the small hallway and tried pulling us apart, but then he knocked her down to the ground.  She quickly got up and ran over to the front. 

I continued to thrash and try to get out of his grip, but then he threw me out the door and into the snow.  I got up, but was quickly pushed into the side of the dumpster.  I groaned in pain, but kicked him successfully. 

He backed up and glared at me.  "You ," he said.  I saw the anger in his eyes and got scared and froze in my spot.  "You think you're so tough, don't you?" 

I shook my head and finally got my feet to move.  Though I was moving again, he got me before I could run away and slammed me back down to the icy ground.  I rolled over to my side and tried to gasp a breath.  Everything was starting to hurt, especially my back and head. 

"What?  Can't say anything anymore?" he asked and smirked.  "You're a pretty one...  Maybe $1,000... or more if I get lucky." 

I just stared at him.  I couldn't say anything, I couldn't fight back, I didn't even have enough strength at the moment to get up.  I was helpless. 

It felt like years passed before I saw him get kicked down by Sehun.  He stood in front of me and waited for the guy to get back up.  Then I felt someone grabbing my arm.  I looked behind me and saw Luhan trying to get me up. 

"Come on, let's go," he said. 

Minhee stood a foot behind Luhan and kept looking out into the street.  Finally when Luhan got me onto my feet, we were about to leave the scene before Sehun was pushed into us and we fell back to the ground. 

Sehun jumped right back up and began to fight with the guy.  This time, Minhee ran over and helped me get up while Luhan went to help Sehun. 

We made our way to the streets and heard the police sirens.  Minhee tried waving them over, but then was shoved into the main street.  I turned to look at who pushed us and noticed that the guy was getting away.  Then I heard Minhee scream.  A car was driving straight towards her and didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon. 

As quick as I could, I grabbed her arm and pulled her back onto the sidewalk.  She ended up lying on top of me, but at least we were safe. 

The police men and women got out of their cars and helped us up while calling an ambulance.  I was breathing heavily, but was glad that we were all okay.  I hugged Minhee tightly and looked around for Luhan and Sehun. 

The two boys were helping each other stand and looked a little beaten and tired.  We got up and went over to them.  Minhee buried herself in Luhan's chest while Sehun and I stood on the side. 

"Are you okay?" I asked Sehun. 

He nodded his head.  "Are you?" he asked. 

"I'll be okay," I told him. 

He looked worried for a second, but then looked towards the ambulance that was turning the corner.  Suddenly, I didn't feel too well.  I felt dizzy and weak, and the ground looked like it was moving from side to side. 

"S-Sehun," I called. 

I saw him turn and mouth something, but then everything went black afterwards. 

 

Luhan's POV

I gently wrapped my right arm around Minhee, because my left one was held and locked behind my back.  Then I looked up at Sehun and Hina.  They talked briefly, but a second later Hina fainted.  Sehun seemed panicked, but caught her in his arms. 

He lifted her up, bridal style, and went into the ambulance.  The police officers also motioned for us two to go, too.  I lead Minhee in and sat beside her. 

We got to the hospital, but was split up right away.  Reluctantly I went with a nurse to one room, while the other three where dragged into different examination rooms. 

Then when they were done, they had me sit in a hospital bed in a shared room.  I waited for another check-up, but before the doctor came in Minhee showed up first.  She ran over and pecked my cheek.  

"Are you okay?" she asked, clearly worried. 

"Yeah, they said that a doctor will come and see me before I get to leave, though," I replied.  "How about you, though?" 

I scanned her body with my eyes and noticed a gauze wrapped onto her arm and blood slightly seeping through.  Though, she seemed more concerned about me than herself. 

"Oh, this?"  She turned her arm around so she could look at it.  "It's nothing.  The ground and ice just scratched it a bit." 

I gave her an unsatisfying look and sighed.  I held my hand out and pulled her close to me.  "I love you, bao bei, but tell me if it really hurts.  I get worried if you're not telling me something." 

She smiled and ran her fingers through the backside of my hair.  "I will, but right now I'm just concerned about your shoulder." 

Just then the door opened and Hina was wheeled in with Sehun following behind.  We watched as they entered the room and waited for the two nurses to leave before asking Sehun questions. 

"Hey, what did the doctor say?" I asked him. 

"Well, her concussion worsened and her back has a big bruise...  I guess that guy like pushed her or something," Sehun replied. 

"And what about you?" 

"I'm okay." 

"Sehun," I said sternly. 

He looked away and sighed.  "I have internal bruising from that pipe he hit me with, but other than that I'm fine.  How about you two?" 

"The doctor is going to come and check on my shoulder soon and Minhee got her arm scratched up." 

"Oh, alright." 

Silence filled the room for a minute before I spoke up again.  "Sehun," I called him.  He looked at me.  "Thanks." 

"For?" 

"Taking a hit before he broke my arm." 

Instead of saying anything he gave me a small smile and nodded.  That was enough to tell me that it was all good.  I couldn't help but smile, too. 

 

 


Hi guys!  I've been lucky that the internet hasn't failed on me yet!  Hahah, but anyways, about the chapter, I hope you guys aren't too bothered about them getting beat and having to go to the hospital often.  From now on I don't think that there will be anymore fighting, except for the finale ending part.  In between now and the end I will try to add in more fluff and probably a bit more angst.  If you guys know me and have read some of my other fics, you know that I can't help but write angsty.  So, tell me how you guys liked this chapter and give me suggestions in the comments!  Thank you so much! :D

 

~Angelflyer