Chapter 14: Gym Class

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

At lunch, the teasing had got worse.  The two who started it got some of the others to join in and say stuff.  They laughed and teased the whole time until Luhan, Minhee, and Hina came to sit down. 

"Ooh, loverboy, look who's coming over," Baekhyun whispered with a smirk. 

I glared at him and sat back, pretending that I didn't see the three coming from the corner of my eye. 

"You better watch out, Sehunnie, I might just steal her for myself," Chanyeol commented quickly before they were in hearing distance. 

I glared at Chanyeol this time while Jongdae, Jongin, Baekhyun, and Tao either laughed or snickered.  Just as the three sat down, they stopped teasing, thankfully, and began talking about everyday, regular stuff. 

"Hey, guys," Luhan greeted. 

"Hi, Minhee, Hina," Jongin said. 

Minhee greeted back happily while Hina just looked up and nodded, acknowledging his hello.  

"Well, thanks for ignoring me," Luhan mumbled. 

"Luhan, you don't have to be the star of the show all the time," Jongdae joked and most all of us chuckled. 

Minhee tried to hide her laughter and soothingly rubbed Luhan's arm.  Luhan pouted to his girlfriend and ate his food sulkingly. 

While everyone was focused on Luhan, I sneaked glances at Hina.  She looked as cute as usually, calmly eating her lunch.  W-Wait... did I just say that?  I stopped for a second and really thought about what I had just been thinking. 

I didn't even realize that I was still staring at Hina until someone waved their hand in front of my face.  "Hello?  Earth to Sehun, are you there?" Tao asked. 

"H-Huh?  What?" I asked, slowly tearing my gaze at Hina away just as she and I caught eye contact. 

Tao nudged me and gave me a sly, secret wink before turning to Kris to continue a different conversation.  As soon as he nudged me I knew that he spotted me staring at Hina for the past minute or so.  I sighed and continued eating my food without a word. 

 

Your POV

Just when I had looked up from my lunch and saw Sehun looking at me, he turned his head towards Tao who was trying to gain his attention.  To be honest, I was kind of thankful he looked away because I could feel my cheeks to slowly heat up. 

I kept thinking about when he had personally come up, thought I was kind of scared at first, to me in the morning and apologized.  That surprised me the most along with his little awkwardness.  I didn't and wouldn't ever expect the Oh Sehun to come up to me and nervously greet me, say sorry, and thank me.  It was such a surprise that it had me in deep thought about it for the past few hours. 

What brought me back to reality was Minhee tapping my shoulder asking me if I wanted her to throw my tray out.  I shook my head and silently stood up and went to throw it out myself.  I did not want to sit there with the guys.  It was way too awkward since I wasn't one to speak a lot and I didn't even know them that well. 

When lunch time ended, we all went back up to our classrooms to continue class. 

After an hour of one class, we went down to the locker rooms for our gym class.  When we were all changed and ready for class, we found out that our normal P.E. teacher had to leave earlier, so we were stuck with the other teacher who was coincidentally the teacher for Sehun's class. 

Both our classes stood facing each other while the teacher, Mr. Wong, was speaking in between us.  He announced that we would all run two laps around the track for warm up, then come back to him so that we could get our partners. 

I began jogging with Minhee and Luhan, but then when we were nearing the end of our first lap I decided to just go on ahead of them and began to do a nice run.  In the end I was one of the first people to finish and go to Mr. Wong. 

I told him my name and he looked down this list of names on his clipboard.  "Ah, Ms. Kim, you are with Oh Sehun.  He's the one with the blonde hair coming in just now." 

Slowly I turned my head in the direction where he was pointing in and saw Sehun walking over to us.  I stopped breathing for a minute and thought that the world hated me or something for partnering me up with him. 

Actually it wasn't too bad being partners with Sehun, I don't think, but I knew I was going to do something stupid or end up looking like fool because of how weak I am and how bad I am at sports.  I was sure Sehun was one of those athletic people that worked out a lot, especially since he beat that one creepy guy from the bus twice in a row.  Now that he was going to be stuck with me for the rest of the class period, one of the least athletic person, and all I would be doing was pulling him down. 

"Sehun, this is your partner, Kim Hina," Mr. Wong said. 

I looked up to Sehun, once I had started breathing properly again, and saw him nod at me.  He then turned and began walking a couple steps away from Mr. Wong because it was starting to get a bit crowded with everyone finishing almost at the same time.  Quickly I followed him and stood a distance from him. 

There was silence and only silence between the two of us as we waited for everyone to have their own partners.  As we waited it started to get really cold.  I was all warmed up from the run, but now that we were just standing there it became colder and my thin jacket wasn't helping. 

Luckily Mr. Wong planned to just run the track then go back into the gym for the rest class.  We all headed inside and then began the activities. 

The first thing we did wasn't too bad because it involved running a lot.  The game was just like capture the flag, but we had multiple teams of two all around the gym. 

The girls started out first and when Mr. Wong blew his whistle we all ran about, while the guys stayed behind to protect the two flags that we had in our own little hula hoops on the ground. 

I knew I wouldn't be able to go against any of the guys there, except for maybe Luhan- oops, I didn't say that... but anyways, since I knew that, I decided that it'd be best if I just sneak behind them and grab their flags while they were distracted by someone else in front of them. 

When five minutes were up, it was the guys' turn to go running about.  I ended up bringing back twelve flags back out of the twenty-one teams.  Then when Sehun went, he came back with twelve more flags. 

In the end the six teams that had the least amount of flags had to clean up as punishment while the rest of us got to go into a different room to play free-roam dodge ball.  It was a fairly small room so it would be easy to get people out. 

Once we began, I stayed behind Sehun and Luhan, because they made an alliance, and tried my best not to get hit or wonder far away because if I got hit or if Sehun got hit then he would have to come tag me to get back in the game and vice versa.  But if both of us were hit then we'd both be out of the game for good. 

Finally it came to the top five teams.  It was the four of us with three other teams.  The opposite teams were all aiming for me and Minhee most of the time because Luhan and Sehun were just too good at dodging. 

One guy decided to whip the ball towards us.  I froze seeing the guy throw the ball so fast towards me, but then I felt someone pull me back so I wouldn't be hit.  I looked back and saw that I was being held up by Sehun.  I heard Minhee whimper and quickly ran out of Sehun's arms and over to my best friend that had gotten hit in the face. 

Within just five seconds Luhan was kneeling down beside Minhee and asking if she was okay because she was holding onto her left eye.  While Luhan was down beside his girlfriend, someone threw a ball at him and they were officially out. 

Luhan gave no attention to the ball that had just hit him on the back, only Minhee who still seemed to be in pain.  When we finally got her to pull her hands away from her face we saw that it had gotten red.  Thankfully the dodge balls that we were using turned out to be the somewhat softer kinds. 

"Bao bei, are you okay?" Luhan asked for the nth time. 

I rested my hand on her knee and also awaited for her response.  Slowly Minhee nodded her head, but I knew she was probably still hurting a bit.  I mean, that guy really had an arm. 

By then Sehun had called over Mr. Wong and the dodge ball game was on time out.  I stood up and gave Minhee some space, but I didn't want to leave her, so I stayed right behind the couple. 

Soon Minhee was send down to the nurse's office with Luhan, who refused to leave her side, and we continued the dodge ball game.  As the game went on, Sehun and I got second place, with him doing mostly all of the work. 

Lastly and finally, Mr. Wong had us all change into our swimming suits and play a game in the pool.  It was one where the girls would have to get on their partner's shoulders and try to push one another off of the person's shoulders. 

I dropped into the pool gently and tried getting used to the water before the game started, which I still wasn't sure if I wanted to do because it involved me getting on Sehun's shoulders.  Just as I was thinking, Sehun came walking out of the boy's locker room with his swim trunks on.  I won't deny that I wasn't staring, because how could you not stare.  Of course there were other guys that might've been more built  and attractive than Sehun, but my eyes just couldn't leave him. 

"Are you ready?" Sehun asked and knelt down beside me on the pool side. 

"H-Huh?" I asked, confused. 

"The game." 

"O-oh... umm, I don't know.  I-I think I'll stay out of this game this time." 

"Why?" 

When he asked "why" I became flustered.  I really didn't know how to answer him because I felt like the reason why I didn't want to participate was kind of stupid. 

"Is it cold?" Sehun asked, changing subjects. 

"Uh, not really," I replied. 

Sehun jumped in and stood along side me.  Then Mr. Wong called us over and explained the game to us.  As he talked I became more and more nervous.  I worried about if I would be too heavy for Sehun, or if I would do something really embarrassing. 

 

 


Hia!  This longer-ish chapter was kind of different, so I hope you liked it!  I don't think I've ever written like a "gym" scene like this before, so I hope it was okay.  Hahah :)  It'll continue and there will be more in the next chapter, so look forward to that!  Thanks for reading!  And comment, comment, comment~~~

 

~Angelflyer