Chapter 28: Admitting

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Sehun's POV

We finished up eating, then headed towards the end of the mall where the arcade was.  As we walked there, I noticed how quiet Hina seemed.  I wanted to get her talking, but I had no idea what to say to her.  She was usually quiet anyways, so it wasn't abnormal, but the way she seemed to act was off. 

I thought about earlier and what could have bothered her.  Everything that happened was pretty much normal.  Nothing came to my mind that would've set Hina off...  Unless it was something that Seohyun said.  But to be honest I was more worried about what she said. 

If I speak honestly, I was afraid that when Hina heard what Seohyun said, I wouldn't be able to get close to her anymore.  I was afraid that her words would affect my and Hina's relationship.  I mean... it's not what you think though... I want to be friends with her, but nothing more than that.  Well... I don't know- nevermind. 

It's not my problem anyways.  I shouldn't mind about how she's feeling or what she thinks.  All of this is making me crazy anyways.  The feelings that I keep feeling whenever I'm around her is just ridiculous.  It makes me confused and everything anyways. 

Once we made it to the arcade, we went to pay for the putters and golf balls, then made our way to hole one.  We began right away and soon enough we were on the last hole.  In the end Minhee won and Luhan was last place. 

Luhan may be good with his feet and at playing soccer, but he definitely at playing golf.  After we finished, we went to the car and drove back home.  Hina still wasn't as social as she usually was when she was around Luhan and Minhee. 

I hoped that she would say something in the car, but she stayed silent.  It was almost just as awkward as when I first met her.  I wondered if Luhan or Minhee noticed, but didn't say anything about it. 

They dropped me off first and drove away.  I went up to my apartment and found my aunt and uncle waiting around by my door. 

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I came to open the door for the three of us. 

"We came to see you, of course," my aunt said. 

"Come in," I told them.  We walked into my little apartment studio of a home and got comfortable.  "Did you guys want something to drink?" 

"Just water," Uncle Soohyun replied. 

"Aunty?" 

"Water, too," she replied. 

I went to get two glasses of water for them, then I sat on my bed while they were on my little couch.  "So?" I asked.  "How have you guys been settling in?" 

"It's been great.  Starting our new jobs went smoothly and our neighbors are just amazing," my uncle replied. 

"That's good." 

"How's school?"

"It's alright." 

"I heard from my dad that some things were rough on Monday?" my aunt asked. 

"Well... it was nothing really." 

"Okay, if you say so."  I was glad she didn't push the topic on further.  "We came to ask you something, too." 

"What is it?" 

"Did you want to come live with us?  We have two extra rooms and we would love for you to live with us." 

"I-I don't know..." 

"It's alright," my uncle told me.  "You don't have to decide tonight." 

"Yes," my aunt added, "and if you don't want to then it's fine too.  We just thought- you're a 16 year-old living by yourself and trying to meet ends meet, we don't want you to suffer through it or worry about it at your age." 

"Thanks.  I'll think about it and get back to you guys.  I really appreciate it, though," I told them. 

"Yeah, no problem.  Just take your time," my uncle said. 

 

Your POV

Luhan stopped and parked in front of my house.  No cars were in the drive way, so my parents were probably still at work.  I thanked the couple for taking me out, then exited the car with my shopping bags. 

"Wait, Hina!" Minhee shouted as I was almost to my front door. 

I turned and looked at her.  She looked like she was struggling to get out of the car, and when she finally did, she almost tripped and fell.  Minhee scrambled back to her feet and ran up to me.  Quickly, she waved goodbye to Luhan then turned and smiled at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"I want to hang out with you for a bit- if you don't mind," she said. 

I couldn't help but crack a smile and nod my head.  I let the both of us in and then we made our way to my room.  I put all the shopping bags and my purse in a corner of my room and plopped down on the bed next to Minhee. 

"Soo...." I began. 

"I'll just skip straight to it, alright?" Minhee cut in. 

"Sure." 

"Are you okay?  I mean at the restaurant you seemed fine.  Then shopping at the store, everything was good, but when Seohyun showed up-" 

"Yes.  I'll just say it now.  Yes, Seohyun knocked over my mood." 

"Then-" 

"I'll admit it now.  I think... I really do have a crush on Sehun.  You were right." 

"Really?!  You're admitting it now??"  She smiled.  "Oh, I'm so happy!  We can go on double dates, and you won't be a third wheel anymore, we can even get married together!" 

"Whoa, Minhee," I chuckled at her.  "I don't even know if Sehun even likes me back.  I mean, you saw how close he was to Seohyun today.  They were former lovers.  What if something between them hasn't cleared up and they really still do want to be with each other?" 

"Didn't you hear him?  He said that they weren't ever dating.  It's always been a joke between them." 

I sighed.  "Well, still...  I'm just afraid." 

"Of what?" 

"He won't really like me." 

"I'm sure he'll not only like you, but love you till death.  And if you can keep this a secret... Luhan told me that Sehun really does like you, but he just doesn't know how to express it or say it yet." 

A smile crawled onto my face after hearing that.  "What do I do then?" I asked my best friend. 

"Tell him." 

"But-" 

"Nope, no excuses.  Girls can confess just as good- if not even better than boys can." 

I chuckled and nodded my head.  "Okay.  I'll... ask him to come out so we can talk." 

"That's more like it!  When are you going to ask him?" 

"Monday?  Wait... do you think that's too soon?" 

"You've known him for a month already, isn't that good enough?" 

"Maybe... but I might just be doing this on impulse... I mean you and Luhan knew each other for a year and a half-ish until you guys started dating.  I don't want to rush into things, you know?  I also don't want to seem desperate either." 

"If you guys have feelings for each other and it's strong, then it doesn't matter." 

I bit my bottom lip and began to fidget.  Minhee put her hand on my shoulder and rubbed it comfortingly.  "Don't worry about anything.  Just go for it.  Everything will be fine and you guys will live happily ever after."  She gave me a warm smile and playfully shook my shoulders back and forth. 

 

 


Hi guys!  So, right now things are kind of like going in a circle.  Sehun is saying one thing, then Hina is saying another and deciding about this or that.  What do you guys think?  I have a little surprise up my sleeve for the next chapter so I hope you guys will look forward to it!  It's up to you guys whether it's a good or bad thing. 

Anyways, what do you guys think about what Hina said?  Impulsiveness...  Do you think she's doing it impulsively or maybe just because he keeps saving her?  I mean let's think about it.  They've only know each other for about a month.  They don't know too much about each other- yet.  But people can have crushes on each other, right?  Then eventually going from liking the person to falling in love with them.  Do you guys agree?  I want to see what you guys think, so comment below! 

 

~Angelflyer