Chapter 29: Surprise Kiss

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

Monday morning I climbed onto the bus and searched for Sehun right away.  I was nervous and couldn't stop playing with my fingers and hem of my shirt and everything I could get my hands on.  It was the day that I planned to tell Sehun how I felt about him.  After Minhee's encouraging words, I felt confident enough to at least express my feelings. 

The night before I prepared myself for the rejection and everything bad that might happen.  I don't know if I was fully ready, but I was here now standing right next to him. 

"Hi," I greeted shyly. 

"Hey," he replied. 

I wanted to spit it out right there and then, but if I were to get rejected by Sehun then it would be embarrassing, especially in front of a bunch of strangers and some other students.  Though, I felt the longer I waited, the more nervous and less confident I would feel. 

When the bus finally stopped in front of the school, we got out together.  We were going to walk across the street to meet Luhan and Minhee at the gate, but I stopped us. 

"H-Hey, S-Sehun," I said. 

"Hmm?  What is it?" he asked. 

"Well... y-you see... I-" 

"Sehunnie!" a familiar girl's voice yelled. 

The both of us turned to look at who the voice belonged to.  It was Seohyun.  I took a closer look and noticed that she was wearing our school uniform.  She waved and began making her way towards us. 

"Sehun," I said, "Could we meet after school?  I-I have something to tell you." 

"Yeah, sure," he replied. 

"Hey, guys," Seohyun greeted. 

"Hey," Sehun greeted back. 

All three of us walked over to the school and met up with Luhan and Minhee.  When I looked at the couple's faces, I noticed that it was as shocked as mine when I first saw Seohyun. 

"What are you doing here?" Minhee asked. 

"I didn't tell you guys on Saturday?  I transferred to this school because we just moved in," Seohyun replied. 

"Oh... well, welcome then," Luhan said. 

"Thanks...  Oh, hey, I heard that I'm in your class Sehun.  Do you mind showing me to the class?" 

"Sure, let's go," Sehun said. 

After the two left, Minhee turned to me excitedly.  "So?  How did it go?" 

"I didn't tell him," I told her and began to walk away to class. 

 

Sehun's POV

I went to class with Seohyun and let her talk to the teacher while I went to sit in my seat.  I couldn't stop thinking about what Hina wanted to say to me.  A whole bunch of ideas crossed my mind, but I still wondered about it. 

It must be something important, but not too important that it could wait.  It didn't seem like it was something bad by the way Hina made it sound, but it still got me curious. 

At lunch, Seohyun followed me all the way down to the cafeteria.  I mean, it didn't bother me too much, but I thought she was planning to hang out with some of her new friends that she had just met.  She sat down across from me comfortably like she's done it millions of times before. 

The guys just stared at me in shock and surprise.  "Who's she?" Joonmyeon mouthed to me. 

"This is Seohyun, an old friend of mine," I introduced her to the few that were sitting down already. 

"Hi, nice to meet you guys," Seohyun said. 

They all greeted back in their own ways.  Then everyone else came to sit down, including Hina and Jahee.  We all ate and talked casually.  It was all pretty normal until Seohyun spoke up again. 

"So, I'm guessing all the girls here are taken by someone because it's very rare that I see a big group of good looking guys with minimum girls hanging around.  Now tell me, who's with who?" Seohyun asked, obviously very interested in each of everyone's relationship status. 

No one really spoke up.  It was such a weird question to be honest- and slightly embarrassing at that.  Though, Seohyun probably didn't get the hint.  She looked around and waited for someone to answer in some kind of way. 

"Well," Jahee began awkwardly, "I'm Jahee, by the way... and Minseok and I... umm..." 

"It's okay.  I get it.  And Luhan and Minhee are together obviously.  But what about you, Hina?  How were you dragged here?" Seohyun went on. 

"H-Huh?  Me?  I-I...  Well, no one.  I just-" 

"Really?  You've got to be joking.  Someone as pretty as you must have someone's heart here at this table." 

For a second I could've sworn I saw Hina glance over at me, but it was too quick to even tell for sure.  Hina stumbled with words for a few more seconds.  She had everyone's attention now and she looked like she was overwhelmed with all of it. 

"Come on, just say who it is," Seohyun continued. 

Her hands started fidgeting and she kept looking at all of our faces and expressions.  Then when Minhee put her hand on her back, she kind of jumped.  "No one," she stated.  "Now... if you'll excuse me... I-I have to go to the bathroom." 

Just before she got up and was about to get up from her seat, Minah, Hyeri, and Sojin approached the table.  They looked specifically at me and Hina, and from their expressions they didn't seem too happy. 

"You're in front of all your friends now, Sehun.  Why don't you just admit it?" Hyeri started. 

"What are you talking about?" Sehun asked, annoyed. 

"You know what I'm talking about.  Unless you change your mind and want to-" 

"I seriously don't know what you're talking about." 

"Well, let me tell everyone then," Sojin said.  "You guys do know that Hina and Sehun s, right?" 

"Now do you know what we're talking about now?" Hyeri asked and smirked. 

I gritted my teeth and just felt pissed. 

"What?!?" Seohyun asked, clearly surprised.  "I thought-" 

"We're not," I told her.  "These are just walking liars.  They don't know what they're talking about." 

"Sehun," Hyeri said, "all you have to do is prove it to us." 

"I don't need to prove anything to you." 

"Just kiss me.  Tell us that Hina means nothing to you," Minah said. 

"Minah!" Jahee exclaimed and got up.  "What the hell are you talking about?  Why are you messing with Sehun?" 

"You're not part of this Jahee," Minah snapped. 

I took a breath in and glared at the three.  Why were they being so obnoxious.  "Anything that relates to me is none of your business.  You guys have no reason to know anything about me," I said, trying to keep my voice down. 

"First you want to push my best friend around, and now you're bothering Sehun?  Don't you guys have better things to do?" Minhee asked. 

"Oh, wow, you're standing up to us again?  You didn't even get to finish before your little, bestie was pulling you away," Hyeri said and laughed. 

"What?  Afraid to speak now, ?" Sojin taunted. 

"No," Minhee snapped. 

"Then what?  Cat got your tongue?" 

I turned and saw that Minhee was about to open again until Luhan and Hina both put her hand on her shoulder. 

"Minnie, stop.  It's okay," Luhan said. 

"Yeah," Hina agreed.  "Everything is fine." 

"You're going to listen to your so called best friend again?  Hah, pathetic.  Can't you think for yourself?" Sojin asked. 

"Shut up," Luhan said.  "Just be quiet." 

Obviously they ignored Luhan because they continued to talk.  "If you won't say anything- how about we have little Hina say something." 

"Wait, something still isn't making sense to me," Seohyun tried saying. 

"Shut up would you.  Who the hell are you anyways?" Minah said. 

"Sehun's junior high sweetheart," Seohyun said and smiled. 

Everyone shut up then and stared at her in shock besides the three of us who've already heard these words once. 

"Quit joking, you're as bad as that Minhee," Hyeri said. 

"Stop," Hina suddenly said.  "Please.  I know you're just doing this to get at me.  Don't bother anyone else if this has to do with me... please.  I'm sorry if I've done wrong to you guys, so please don't trouble anyone else.  They don't deserve it." 

"Awe, aren't you sweet.  Sacrificing yourself for others.  Thinking you'll be the hero after doing this," Sojin said. 

"I-" 

"Don't think that anything has changed just because you spoke up, little girl.  You're still the same little, weakling like before.  You can't change the fact that you always need someone to help you up, to support you.  But wait until you can no longer be helped because everyone else has better plans," Hyeri said with a smirk. 

"Okay, enough," Kris' voice thundered.  "No more of this ridiculous nonsense." 

"I'm done listening to all this," Joonmyeon said.  "I don't think the principal will appreciate all the words that came from you guys." 

"Just because Luhan's grandfather is the principal doesn't mean anything.  It just means that he gets to do whatever he wants because he's the precious grandson of this top notch school," Minah said. 

"Quit it.  You are getting into so much trouble when we get home," Jahee said and looked straight at Minah. 

The three girls cleared out of the lunch room and everything calmed down.  Then I was going to glance over at Hina to see if she was alright, but she wasn't there anymore.  I turned my whole body and searched for her, but couldn't find her anywhere in the lunch room. 

"Where did Hina go?" I asked aloud. 

Everyone shrugged their shoulders. 

"She was just here," Minhee said. 

I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands.  Hina was undoubtedly hurt because of those words.  The thee girls were just pains in the .  All the guys were probably confused about this, but they were nice enough to know not to question me about it.  I needed to sort things out first.  Starting with probably filling in the clueless Seohyun who was still confused and asking various questions. 

At the end of the day, I got text from Hina.  It read:

xxx-xxx-xxxx [2:59 pm]: Hey, this is Hina.  Remember I said I wanted to talk to you?  Could we meet in the school garden? 

Me [3:00 pm]: Sure

xxx-xxx-xxxx [3:00 pm]: OK, I'll see you there

I packed up my stuff and began making my way over to the school's garden.  When I made it there I looked at all the still frozen plants.  Then I sat down on the little bench and had my backpack rest against my side.  The bench was cold, but I got up seconds after to find Seohyun walking my way. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. 

"I didn't know that this school had a place like this," Seohyun said, ignoring my question. 

I paused for a second.  "You followed me, didn't you?" 

"Well...  Truthfully yes, but I wanted to come talk with you." 

"What is it?" 

She came up close to me and put her hands on my blazer and pulled me so that our bodies were touching.  "If nothing is happening between you and Hina, why didn't you kiss that other girl?" 

I was surprised by the close contact, but cleared my throat and answered her.  "Because... I don't exactly like Minah and her two friends." 

"Do you like me?" 

"Uh, I guess.  Why?" 

"Hmm... your answers are so weird sometimes...  Can I try something?" 

"What?" 

"This," she said before she leaned up and planted her lips on mine. 

For a second I was shocked, but eventually I fell back into reality and tried pushing her away.  Before I could, though, she deepened the kiss and s her hand behind my neck so I couldn't pull away. 

When she let me go, I couldn't help but push her away.  "Seohyun," I said, "what the hell are you thinking?" 

"Trying how it feels to kiss you.  You know, you're very stiff when you kiss," she told me. 

I looked at her and wondered how she could just kiss me like that.  Sure she was a close friend of mine, but I don't have any romantic feelings towards her.  "I don't know what to say to you anymore, Seohyun." 

"Don't say anything.  Just let me teach you how to really kiss for next time."  She smirked. 

"No.  Stop it.  Obviously you don't get that I don't appreciate the surprise kiss." 

Seohyun didn't say anything and just stayed quiet.  She looked away and then spoke up again.  "Would you have liked the surprise kiss if it were Minah?" 

"No," I said, sdisgusted that she would ask a question like that. 

"Then how about Hina?" 

That I couldn't find myself to answer.  I had mixed feelings on it and I just didn't know what to say.  Minah defiantly was a no.  Heck, if she were to just do what Seohyun just did I would've pushed her away immediately.  Just with Seohyun, she forced me. 

If it were Hina, I don't know what I'd do honestly.  When I think about it, I can't help but kind of blush and get a little nervous.  The thought of kissing Hina seems so unrealistic, though.  What if she's afraid of me like some of the other girls- I mean, I did beat down a couple of guys right in front of her.  Maybe she just didn't like me because of my personality, though. 

"So, you like Hina?" Seohyun asked knocking me back into reality. 

"Can you just leave me alone?" I asked. 

She sighed and just walked away. 

 

 


Hi!  Sooo?  What's your guys' thoughts on this chapter?  Honestly for me, I think that I went a little out of the comfort zone for this fic.  I didn't exactly want the three girls to come up and argue with the whole table, but I felt like they needed to cause some trouble some how and get Seohyun pulled into the mix, alone with Jahee too.  Was it also a surprise when Seohyun came walking around the corner and not Hina?  What did you guys think would happen?  Were you surprised?  Tell me in the comments! 

 

~Angelflyer