Chapter 19: Mesmerizing

Facing my Fear, Oh Sehun

Your POV

When I got home from school, I went to grab a snack then took a quick shower.  I didn't even bother to touch my homework because of the headache that came back.  So instead, I laid in bed and tried to relax. 

When I woke up, I realized that it was about midnight.  Slowly and quietly, I sneaked my way downstairs, careful not to wake my parents up.  But just as I was on the first floor I heard their voices coming from the living room. 

"Do you think she still hates me?" I heard my mom ask. 

"Why in the world would you think that?  I thought that we cleared all things up," my dad replied. 

"I know...  But I've just been thinking and I feel like-"

"Honey, she doesn't hate you." 

"Yeah, but whenever she needs something she always calls you.  I'm like her last resort." 

"It's not like that." 

"You know, even after I apologized and we talked, it's never been the same." 

"But that doesn't mean she hates you." 

I paused there at the bottom of the stairs and waited for either one of them to say more, but after a couple of moments of silence I figured that they were done talking.  All I could hear was the t.v. show that they were watching. 

Quickly, I went into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water and headed back up to my room.  I switched my light on and sat there silently while drinking my water. 

It was a very long time ago.  I can't lie, I was one of those kids that got into trouble a lot.  I used to be outgoing, have lots and lots of friends, participated in track and field, and a lot more, but I kind of just stopped and became the quiet girl that is basically invisible besides being Minhee and Luhan's friend. 

The night that she was so angry and smacked me good across the face.  My dad was out of the country and in Japan for a sort of convention. 

It had been the first time I was ever punished that way.  I honestly was scared.  My mom was so scary when she got angry that I just pushed her away constantly and stayed my distance until my dad had come back. 

I don't even remember what we were arguing about, but I remember it got pretty bad and heated that it had to lead to that.  After that I never had tried to get close to my parents anymore.  Then they got even more busier with work and I didn't see them as often, but I didn't mind too much. 

Before I knew it I had finished my glass of water.  I set it down on my beside table and decided to try and go back to sleep. 

In the morning, I got up and got ready to go to school.  My mom had to go to work early and my dad was called in because of some incident or something at the restaurant.  I ate what ever my dad had cooked for breakfast, then left to the bus stop. 

As I was waiting for the bus to come around, I thought about Sehun.  I wondered if he was going to be on the bus.  I closed my eyes for a moment and pictured him with his small smile that he once showed me. 

Suddenly I felt my cheeks heating up and I quickly shook my head.  The bus finally pulled up and I climbed on trying to forget about what I had been thinking about a second ago. 

I stood and looked around the bus.  Sehun was no where to be seen.  A bit of disappointment came over me, but then again if I did see him I probably would've started blushing again. 

Once I got to school, I was greeted by Minhee.  She happily skipped over to me, while almost slipping on some ice, and pulled me along with her. 

We escaped the cold weather and went into the nice, warm building and met up with Luhan who had Sehun by his side.  They were chatting casually when we came up to them. 

"Hi, Hannie," Minhee greeted and kissed Luhan on the cheek.  "Hi, Sehun-ah."  She gave him a little wave. 

"Hey, are you feeling better?" Luhan asked me. 

"Yeah, I'm fine today," I answered. 

"Okay, don't be afraid to say something when you're not feeling well or about to faint." 

I smiled.  "Alright." 

"Oh!  That's right...  Luhan and I have to go do something," Minhee said.  "C'mon Han, let's go."  She grabbed Luhan's arm and began pulling him away. 

"But, Minhee-" I tried saying and loosely grabbing her wrist. 

"I'll be back.  Don't be scared!"  Then they were off, leaving just me and Sehun. 

I looked up at him, but awkwardly looked away before we made eye contact.  There was a heavy awkward silence that towered over us once Luhan and Minhee were out of sight. 

"Y-You weren't on the bus today," I said quietly, trying to make conversation. 

"Hmm?  Oh, yeah... Luhan... he uhh... let me sleep over and drove us to school," he replied. 

I nodded.  Honestly, I wasn't so afraid of Sehun anymore.  He has been the one saving me and obviously he was a good person. 

"Anyways," he said, "are you sure you're alright?" 

"Yes, I'm fine," I replied. 

Again silence came over the two of us.  Neither of us seemed to know what to say.  We didn't know each other personally afterall. 

Then the bell rang.  "Here, I'll walk you to class," Sehun said and slowly began walking to my classroom. 

"It's okay.  You might be late if you do," I said. 

"It's fine." 

"But-" 

"C'mon before the next bell rings." 

"Oh... alright." 

Quickly I tried to catch up with his long legs and walked beside him.  While I was looking up at him, he turned his head and locked eye contact with me. 

"Are you riding the bus tonight?" he asked. 

"Yeah," I replied.  "Are you?" 

He nodded and gave me a small smile.  "I won't miss it this time." 

Suddenly, I felt like my whole body melted.  Just his one little, itty-bitty smile made me feel warm inside and my cheeks heat up.  I looked away so that he wouldn't see my rosy cheeks, but I guess he caught a glance because I heard him snort very quietly. 

I looked back at him and smiled when I saw his pleasant, smiling face.  At that moment everything seemed to slow down and I was able to stare at his handsome face longer as we walked side by side together.  The light seemed to just glimmer on his entire body and make him shine.  In all he was just mesmerizing. 

I wondered if somehow we were getting closer to one another.  From being scared of him and strangers to now seemed like an improvement.  Though, I didn't exactly know what to call our relationship. 

We stopped at the door of my classroom and I turned around just as I was in the door frame.  "Thank you for walking me to my class.  I hope you don't get to class late because of me..." I told him. 

"It's nothing," he said.  "I'll see you around." 

I nodded and watched as he turned and walked away.  I waited for his back to disappear around the corner before I went in and sat in my seat. 

"Hmm?  What's up with you, huh?" Minhee asked as I lowered myself into my seat. 

"What do you mean?" I responded. 

"Why are you so smiley?" 

I just stared at her. 

"Wait," she smirked, "don't tell me it has to do with Sehun, does it?" 

My eyes widened slightly and my cheeks burned red, giving it away.  "N-no," I tried to lie. 

"Awe!  Okay, now tell me what happened." 

"I-It was nothing.  We just talked, that's all." 

"Talked about what?" 

"Stuff!  Now pipe down, people are staring..." 

"So what?  We got 30 seconds, spill it." 

"No." 

Then the bell rang.  "Oh, you are so going to tell me during lunch, missy." 

I just scoffed and pulled my notebook out, along with my pen and pencils. 

 

 



Hi!  Double update!  I hope you enjoyed reading!  I thought you guys deserved a double update at least because I've been so bad at updating daily :P  And a little background knowledge on Hina, just like how you got some about Sehun earlier. 

 

~Angelflyer